The Divorce

By Mysterious_Writer

"Quick, kiss me." I choked on my baguette as I looked up at my boss, his intense grey eyes burning into me as... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
13
Chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Chapter 31
32
34
35
36
37
38

33

1K 58 23
By Mysterious_Writer

"Hello? Did you not hear me?"

It was apparent that he did hear me, he just chose not the reply, and that was very like him. Ignoring me in meetings, down the corridor, sometimes he shuts the door on purpose so I don't annoy him.

I guess you could get annoyed at my voice, hell, I get annoyed at it, especially when I listen to voice recordings of it. But a normal reasonable person would reply, right?

"Gabriel...why are you taking your shirt off-oh, now you're taking your pants off as well?"

Gabriel paused, thought about it then buttoned them back up again.

"I don't like sleeping in these clothes. I get hot very easy."

And I get cold, welcome to biology 101. Maybe whoever created us did it on purpose, well most likely did cause why else would self sufficient, independent, smart, gorgeous, queens want to reproduce with...man childs?

"Well...why don't you put on pyjamas. Like normally people."

"I don't like them."

"But they are specifically designed for sleeping conditions. There's cotton, the best in my opinions, it's really breathable and then there is silk. Super expensive and to be honest I don't think it's that comfortable sleeping in them but maybe it's cause i can't afford pure 100% silk ones so i normally get the ones with half-,"

"Aurora."

Right, my cue to shut up. But I couldn't, maybe it was the adrenaline of almost being stuck in a corridor or the pastries, most likely a sugar rush from them, I couldn't help but continue to speak. It was my room after all, he could disappear if he didn't want to hear Aurora 101.1 FM.

"But it doesn't make sense," I pointed out, "What do you sleep in? Naked?" I questioned? I had to know, do rich people have some special sheets cause surely sleeping naked means you have to wash them more often and that is a surge in water bills.

"In my boxers. Not that you need to know" he muttered the last part, probably under frustration. I couldn't understand why explaining a simple thing was so frustrating to him.

Right, I mean I had no issue with him sleeping in his boxers but at the same time I didn't want to see my boss in boxers. Shirtless, I could handle that. But naked male legs? Maybe if I was drunk. Why did we have to shave and they didn't?

"You didn't pack any shorts to change into?"

Gabriel ignored me as he climbed into the slither of space that was his bed, and pulled a blanket over the view of his naked back. You know what his back would be great for? A nice tattoo.

Which may not be a possibility, maybe I should suggest for him to try a henna 'tattoo' sometime. One of my high school friends got married a few years ago and I 'tattooed' every part of my body possible. I did regret it in the pictures later, I should have limited it to my hands. 

I placed the plate on the bed side table and scooted over, giving him a little bit more room to move if he needed to. The only problem was, I was far from asleep and I wanted to chat, which was the least thing Gabriel wanted to do on a good day, let alone a bad day which is what he must be having.

I wanted to ask him who he was talking to, but I had no excuse to why I was eavesdropping, and there is no way he was going to believe that he was being that loud. What if I said Fern told me? Fern should have my back, I think.

"What?"

The sudden grunt made me jump, was he talking to me? Or the phone? Or had someone snuck into the room?

"Huh? Me?" i asked, almost quietly in case I upset his highness. 

"Yes you Aurora." 

"I didn't say anything" I whispered. 

"I can hear you thinking it." 

Oh could you? Surely there was no sound requests for thinking in loud, i wasn't thinking OUT loud, just inwards, to myself. 

"I'm not really that tired, I was hoping to-,"

"No," Gabriel said, he didn't even entertain the possibility of letting me finish my sentence. He really was having a bad day. 

"Can I ask you a question?"

There was a deep sigh and Gabriel opened his mouth, he left it open for a few moments and I wondered if I had to swat some flies out soon and then he closed it, pursed his lips, his eyes tightened and he muttered a strong

"No."

Right,  I thought I almost had him for  a moment, almost lured him into having a conversation with me. But something about that 'no' made me think he was serious, he was done with my chit chat and I better do what I was getting told.

I mean, why wouldn't I? I was getting paid a nice and hefty some. If all I had to do was put up with these shenanigans another two more weeks then I was going to do that. I did need the money. 

"Who was that woman in the room?"

"Aurora..."

"Oh sorry!" I quickly turned around placing a hand on my mouth. That wasn't meant to come out! It just did. Shut up brain, can't you just be quiet for a moment in time? But that was the thing,  I couldn't be quiet. My brain worked at 6,000 thoughts an hour, I just couldn't possibly keep that all in!

There was so much I didn't know, that I needed to know! Maybe not need...wanted to know. Maybe I'll pick Fern's brain tomorrow, he was very  unhappy at certain moments on this trip. 

A slight creaking noise was keeping me from going asleep, following by Gabriel's big sigh.

"That isn't me," I muttered uncovering my mouth.

"I am aware." 

Oh, he was?

I quietly, or as quietly as one could turned around. I didn't know how much noise I was actually making but when you were trying to keep quiet and the bedsheets were up to your neck all you could hear was the movement of a lot of fabric, making me think perhaps I wasn't as quiet as I was. 

I turned over onto my other side to see Gabriel's eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. I looked up, just to check I wasn't missing out on any glow stars or attractions up there. 

The creaking was back.

"What is it?"

"My grandmother."

"Oh right," I nodded and then went to sit up, "What?"

Without turning his body Gabriel lifted an arm and flattened me back down with it, heavy and hard against my waist as he pushed me back onto the bed. It was almost like I was winded out. He definitely didn't look as strong as he clearly was. 

"Pretend like you're sleeping,"

"Why?"

"Aurora, can you  not do what you are told?" he muttered angrily but still in a whisper. 

And then it hit me, "Is she spying on us?"

"Yes, so pretend you're asleep."

"Oh my god! She's spying on us!" 

Gabriel's heavy sigh told me to keep it down another notch so I did. 

I turned to be side, as subtly as I could, which could have been not so subtle at all given that I could see Gabriel's eyes wide open staring at the fascinating ceiling. Just beyond his body, if I squinted, I could see the light of the door being slightly open. 

I saw Gabriel's lips part, like he was about to say something before they closed again, I watches his eyelids close. It was almost like he was asleep, but the twitching in the side of his temples from no doubt clenching his jaw meant he was far from sleeping. 

I held my breathe, just in case I was making too much noise causing his frustration. When was his grandmother going away? Maybe I should pretend I needed to go to the toilet and then she might hide. Or maybe Gabriel will just get angrier at me. 

"She's gone, you can breathe now."

"How did you know I was not breathing?" I asked, not even realising that I was still holding my breathe. No wonder i was feeling sick. 

"You're turning red." 

Gabriel sat up, the blankets falling off his shoulder as he stood up.

"What if she comes back?"

"She won't."

"How do you know?" I asked as he started walking towards our connecting door.

"I mixed some sleeping pills in her milk, they should be kicking in now."

"You what?" I asked sitting up? Isn't that dangerous for old people? Gabriel slipped into the door letting it slam behind him leaving me alone in the darkness. 

Insta: nihapupzy :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 11.3K 33
||COMPLETED|| ||STAND ALONE BOOK|| ||NO SEQUEL|| - • Highest Rank : #37 in Romance on 21.05.2017. - "I want divorce." She said looking directly into...
100K 2.3K 34
"No," I almost laughed out of frustration looking back at him, "you really dont." "****, your kind, funny, family-oriented, and not to mention beaut...
1.2M 27.6K 38
(COMPLETE) B-1 "Along with that we will be divorced in 5 years! It's simple!" He just smirks at me while I'm chewing on my pen looking things over. "...