Extra Company

By Juniperlives43

*Not completed just preventing wattpad from deleting it* Gandalf searches for someone who could prove useful... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
IMPORTANT
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39

Chapter 38

1K 42 8
By Juniperlives43

I felt ... warm. It was dark all around me as no dreams or nightmares played through my mind. However I could hear worried voices, some were even raised, all molded together to form background noise, like as if I was in a tavern. I shuffled, turning over on my side hoping to get in a more comfortable position. I then felt someone's hand on my shoulder, guiding me back into a back lying position.

I groaned as I blinked open my eyes still feeling the hand on my shoulder, "I hate bed." I grumbled looking over at the person, who was blurry at first, my vision slowly beginning to clear.

"Apologies, they didn't exactly have any moss so this is all they could manage. Better than the stone ground." A familiar voice spoke, my vision cleared recognizing the brown haired elf.

"Elrond?" I questioned, wondering if I was in some other dream. After all, I didn't really feel any pain, considering I was stabbed right in my gut, which I am finding to be annoying and time consuming to heal.

Elrond smiled as he pulled his hand away, "In the flesh." He walked away to the corner of the grey stoned room, I sat up taking a look around noticing a few cobwebs here and there. It definitely wasn't Rivendell ... was I still at the mountain. I then looked down, lifting up my black shirt slightly to see bandages wrapped around my torso. "It has healed for the most part, but I say still be careful to prevent it from reopening." Elrond spoke, walking over with a cup in his hand filled with warm tea. I nodded in thanks, taking it from his hands before blowing on it then taking a small sip, feeling the warm liquid run down my dry throat.

"How long was I out?" I ask before taking another sip hungrily, realizing how thirsty I was.

"It's been about three weeks. You need to be more careful, you could have ended up in a coma that could last for centuries." Elrond lectured, sending me a firm glare before walking away once more. "Or worse, been killed. Your body was already weak from the attack of the dragon, then the fight with the other mountain, and now your human form had taken damage after that. It puts great strain on your body even for your kind."

I let out a small sigh taking another sip of the tea, my shoulders slumping, "I know, I know but I had no choice. If I didn't step in Thorin would've been killed." I contradicted, looking over at Elrond as he began to place some herbs back into a box. "Besides I knew I would live, honestly three weeks was way shorter than I expected." I added closing my eyes before taking another sip, hearing small grumbles leave Elrond's lips.

I then hear the door open, opening my eyes and turning my head to see Gandalf with Bilbo at his side. The hobbit's shoulders have slumped as sadness held in his gaze. Gandalf didn't look any better. "How is she?" Bilbo questioned as the two of them didn't even look in my direction.

Elrond smiled softly as the two of them before nodding in my direction. The two looked over their eyes widened as Gandalf let out a sigh in relief leaning on his staff, a small chuckle escaping him. Bilbo smiled in relief as he ran over, jumping on the bed, wrapping his arms around me nearly spilling the tea in my hand. I chuckled as I wrapped my arm around him, "Miss me that much huh?" I joked as Bilbo pulled away looking right into my eyes before grabbing my face.

"Don't ever do that again." He spoke firmly, glaring right into my eyes making me feel a little uneasy, never really seeing Bilbo angry before.

"No promises." I joked, before feeling something wack my head causing me to pull myself out of Bilbo's hands, glaring up at Gandalf as I rubbed the spot he hit. "Ow! That hurt!"

"Good it will knock some sense back into you." He huffed before leaning back on his stay with a grin while I simply glared at him.

"She is free to walk around, but no excessive activity. Which means no fighting orcs or riding horses. I would hold off changing into your form for about another week as well." Elrond reported as he closed the box full of herbs, taking it into his hands before walking up to stand beside Gandalf.

"Good cause I want out of this bed. How do people sleep in these?" I huffed as Bilbo slid off the bed first before I followed after him. I stumbled, my legs being a bit stiff as Bilbo held his hands out ready to catch me in case I fell.

I then turned to them, "What of the army?" They both looked at each other slightly confused on what I meant before Gandalf put together what I was talking about.

"Ah, the eagles and Beorn took out a good amount of the forces. As the orc forces retreated three mountain wolves came down from the sky and wiped out the rest of the troops. They are actually waiting outside the castle for your orders." Gandalf reported as I smiled knowing Frost did her job well, no doubt she was one of the three.

"Thank you I shall go speak with them now. I must spread the news among my kind that Sauron has returned." I told them, crossing my arms across my chest as Bilbo stood at my side.

Elrond nodded in agreement, "I myself must return to Rivendell and prepare. In case the city is attacked."

"Thank you Elrond for treating me." I spoke nodding to the elf king looking at him with a warm smile as Elrond returned it.

"The pleasure is all mine Saharia." He replied, bowing his head before walking out the door.

I then turned to Gandalf, looking at him with a firm gaze. "Lead me to them." I spoke, not wanting to have a reunion with the company just yet, wanting to handle this matter first as it is the most important. After seeing what they did to a captured mountain wolf turning it to their side, she can only imagine him hunting each one down, adding it to his army.

Gandalf nodded understanding, even Bilbo didn't object, seeming to remember the sight of the sickly mountain wolf. Gandalf led the way through the mountain, taking down hallways to avoid any attention so that Saharia wouldn't be seen by the company or any other dwarf.

He walked through the large opening in the mountain, it was night, the first rays of sunlight beginning to rise over the horizon, giving the dark sky untouched by the golden rays a purplish blue color, the stars beginning to fade away. Laying before the mountain were three large mountain wolves, about the same size as her when she is in her form.

One had a light grey pelt with small black horns protruding out of its head, it blinked open its eyes revealing an amber color as its eyes focused on her, relief seeming to wash over them. Along its pelt were lighter grey stripes, almost white, looking similar to tigers. Its feathered wings were tipped with black as its tail was similar to her but instead of feathers it was fur also being tipped with black.

Another one had a drown pelt with a light brown underbelly, its eyes were a bright green as its antlers almost look wooden like, vines decorated the antlers as small birds rested on them. Its winged feathers scattered light brown feathers among the mud brown, its tail thinned out to look similar to a fin lined with feathers.

The third one had a purplish grey coat with bright purple eyes. The scruff of its fur looked similar to ice as well as the end of its bludgeoned tail which was lined with fur and finely rounded. Unlike the others her antlers were wide like a moose, which also seemed to line with ice. Even the tip of its feathers glistened in the sun's rays.

I smiled at each one, nodding to the grey to the purple-grey one as I spoke, "Volodar, Kilia, and Frost; thank you for coming to aid in the battle." I spoke to them, Bilbo looking between me and the one I called Frost, the falcon transporting herbs back and forth along with treating her. "I apologize for the delay."

"You were merely healing my queen. We are just happy you are alright." Volodar spoke using barks and rumbles, speaking our tongue as he is incapable of speaking human language. Kilia nodded in agreement, however Frost gave me a harsh glare.

"Save the lecture Frost I already got an ear full from Elrond." I spoke with a raised hand, not wanting to waste much time.

Frost let out a low growl, "As he should! You could have been killed!" I simply gave her a blank look in response infuriating the healer more as she stood up before being pulled down by Kilia who held a soft simile on her face as she held down Frost who sent curses out in protest.

"Like Volodar said my lady, we are happy you are alright, up and walking, looking as bright as ever." Kilia let out a small rumble-like purr as she nuzzled her head against me gently, careful not to knock me over before pulling away. Frost continued struggling under the talon of the older mountain wolf, Kilia merely smiling warmly not seeming to struggle keeping down the snappy healer.

Volodar and Kilia were the two oldest mountain wolves in Middle earth, the only two remembering the times before man had weapons like catapults and explosives. They were also there for elven cities beginning to rise as well as dwarves. They also lived past five queens before me, serving each one with undivided loyalty. Frost and I are considered young compared to these two however we are among the oldest not the top ten but the top twenty ... if the others are still alive.

Kilia then lifted her Talon as she spoke, allowing Frost to be free, "You are our longest living queen thus far, to die now would mean you only lasted a century longer than the last one. Not really a massive record if you ask me."

Volodar let out a sigh, "You always make something a competition."

I then waved my hands, "Alright enough banter and friendly talk." My smile lowered into a deep, serious frown. "I have something important for you three to do." They all perked up, their attention now on me as the playful atmosphere became a serious one. "Sauron has returned and he is making mountain wolves fight for him." I stated, anger flashing across my gaze.

Volodar growled, lashing his tail, "What?" Frost looked at the two other mountain wolves, already knowing the information after seeing the sickly mountain wolf in person.

"How?" Kilia answered, anger making her green eyes look like green flames.

"He, or really his orcs, starves them to the point they go rapid and attack their own kind." I replied, crossing my arms back over my chest. "We need to warn the other mountain wolves quickly before he captures more for his new war to claim Middle Earth."

"First the blood hunters now this." Volodar growled as he stood up. "I will check the towns and cities."

"I will check the forests and lakes." Kilia stated standing up herself, stretching out her wings before folding them back.

"I will check the sky and oceans." Frost claimed, jumping up to her feet.

I nodded to the three, "Move quickly yet carefully. Safe travels my friends." Each of the three bowed to her before taking off into the sky, Frost transforming into her falcon form as the other two stayed in their original forms going opposite directions.

"So?" Gandafl questioned from behind me. I turned around, clasping my hands behind my back. "Will your kind join us without trouble this time around?"

"Oh trust me, after hearing what Sauron has done to one of our kind, they will not hesitate." I replied with a nod before turning back around to watch the sun rise. Watching as the rays stretched across the grass, the sound of birds replacing the crickets, their melody soothing my heart as the thought of another war made my anxiety climb. "Now let's let the dwarves know I am alive." I spoke, turning back to the two with a smile.

*****************

Thorin, with Oin at his side, opened the door to Saharia's room. He was the one who called Elrond, not caring whether or not he was an elf. But he knew not to ask Thranduil for help ... he would've probably done more harm than good anyway. When he opened the door, the plate of food he was carrying for Elrond, fell from his hands crashing to the floor. There in front of him was an empty bed, no sight of Saharia or Elrond.

His shoulders slumped, remembering Elrond warning him that if her condition became critical he would have to take her back to Rivendell where the rest of his medical supplies were. Thorin pulled away from the door, before running down the hall praying that Elrond was just leaving and he could tag along or someone of his company at least.

He slid to a stop as a familiar figure walked through the doorway back into the mountain, the golden rays shining on her making her tanned skin glow as if she was a jewel despite the blood and dirt decorating it. Her white hair shined brightly almost like the moon as the gold tips glistened, snuffling out the dirt in her hair. He breath caught in his throat, thinking she was only a ghost, but she was there in front of him in the flesh. She turned her head, her cobalt blue eyes staring into his own.  

He then ran to her before pulling her into an embrace catching the woman by surprise, "You're alright." He spoke in relief as he couldn't help tear up, seeing her standing and not limp in his arms.

He heard a chuckle come from her, like music to his ears, "Of course I'm alright." She wrapped her arms around him in a hug, a warm peaceful aura radiating from her making him relax and at ease. She then pulled away from him with a smile, "Now with the reunion aside." She then grabbed him by the collar before pulling him close to her. "What on Middle Earth were you thinking!? Did you really try to throw BIlbo off the ramparts!? Were you seriously doubting your own kin!? Over a simple shiny rock!" She growled, catching Thorin by surprise as he couldn't help but shrink slightly at her icey gaze. He honestly didn't expect a verbal attack from her especially after she just woken up.

"And there she is." Gandalf chuckled, knowing it was coming, finding himself confused Saharia welcomed Thorin so warmly, happy she was now giving him an earful.

"Did you apologize to Bilbo?" Saharia growled and when Thorin could answer within a second she turned to Bilbo with that angry glare making him flinch taking a step back fearing the queen would turn her anger onto him. "Bilbo, did he apologize to you?" She questioned him.

Bilbo nodded, "Y-Yeah he did." He stuttered over his words, which rain true as Thorin did apologize for his actions towards the small hobbit.

Saharia let out a huff in approval before glaring back to Thorin as he gulped, "What about your kin!? Did you apologize to them with how you treated them? Especially your nephews?"

"He did." Oin answered knowing Thorin will most likely not have a chance to answer.

"You have a lot of work to do Thorin Oakenshield to prove yourself worthy of being King Under the Mountain." She growled glaring right into his eyes.

"Saharia!" The woman perked up a bit hearing the two familiar voices speak in sync. She turned her head seeing Fili and Kili with bright smiles on their faces, relief dancing in their eyes. She smiles in return, before letting go of Thorin's collar, shoving him away in the process knocking him to the ground.

"Fili! Kili!" Saharia exclaimed with joy as she opened her arms wide as the two brother ran into her arms.

"You're alright!" Kili exclaimed with joy and relief as he and his brother pulled away with smiles on their faces.

"Knew you would come around." Fili added in smiling warmly at the woman glancing at her wrist where the bracelet was, a bit worse for wear but still intact.

"Is this the woman everyone in the company was talking about? The queen of the mountain wolves?" The two brothers parted revealing a dwarvish woman with long black hair with some of her strands braided with beads in them. Her eyes were similar to Thorin with the same shade of blues. She also had a scruff beard, not as thick as most dwarves, seeming similar to Kili's.

"Yes Dis, it is." Thorin replied after pushing himself off the ground, brushing himself off. "Saharia, this is my sister Dis, Fili and Kili's mother." The dwarf princess curtsey to the mountain wolf in front of her. "Dis this is Saharia, queen of the mountain wolves." Saharia dipped her head in respect but didn't bow, wasn't her thing plus she didn't really understand it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Saharia. I have heard a lot about you from my boys as well as my brother." Dis spoke formally with a kind smile as the three dwarves she mentioned developed a slight blush.

"Did they now?" Saharia spoke, smirking towards the three. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well Dis." She smiled warmly at her in return.

"By Durin's beard." Sharia looked behind her, seeing Dwalin, Balin, Bofur, and the rest of the company coming over, seeming to check out what the commotion was all about. She smiled brightly as they all charged forward, practically knocking her over as they hugged her tightly.

"Be careful she is still injured!" Thorin called out to them as Saharia simply laughed in response to their excitement. Before they all pulled away telling how happy they are she is alright and now practically dead on the bed.

"Let's have a feast in celebration!" Kili shouted as the dwarves cheered in agreement, Gandalf smiling happily agreeing with the idea as Bilbo's shoulders tense slightly remembering their little feast in his hobbit hole. "I agree, in celebration for claiming the mountain and our people returning home, along with a recovery of our dearest friend." Thorin spoke in agreement as the dwarves cheered loudly once more.

I smiled before looking up as a familiar scent watched over my nose. "We should invite the Laketown fold as well." I hear Bofur say the dwarves nodding and cheering in agreement. I moved to the side away from the dwarves seeing Legolas leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, a soft smile on his features, relief dancing in his baby blue eyes.

I smile in return as the feeling of joy returns back into my heart, looking around for a moment feeling at home.

Alright everyone make sure to prepare on who to vote for. There will be three ending, two of them being the two with the most votes one who she is shipped with and the third being the ending where she goes into the Lord Of The Rings (which I may or may not consider writing). Till next time readers and hope you enjoy!  

Edit: 

Fun fact: 

Kilia (Ki-li-eea), turns into a moose with her colored eyes and Volodar turns into a cat with his small horns but his fur in cat size covers them well. 

Also Saharia's height reaches Gandalf's chest, she chose this height so she doesn't constantly look down on others and doesn't want to be tall for once. However at the time she chose this size she had no idea dwarves and Hobbits existed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 645 52
"Someday you will return home too." Reluctantly, she opened one of the heavy wooden chests. The lid creaked loudly as it flipped back. A dusty cloak...
7.3K 182 23
First chapter published December 14th 2021. *I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS* (except Rebekah) *whole story edited Feb 2022* Rebekah's life had...
5.5K 134 23
A Hobbit Fanfiction Thorin/OC, Fili/OC, Bilbo/OC, Kili/Tauriel .
170K 5.2K 25
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I own none of the recognizable characters, places etc. I only own my original characters and plot lines. I will...