Love? Nah || HP Various x Rea...

By ChaosFromTheFrog

Y/n had always scoffed at the thought of love, she'd always put her studies and future careers first. That is... More

Introduction
Author's Notes
Prologue {One}
Prologue {Two}
One
Three
Four
Five
Important!!!

Two

398 12 3
By ChaosFromTheFrog

A/N - did I write this solely because I didn't want y'all to yell at me for making the intro messy as heck? Yes, yes I did. Also I love interacting with y'all so most comments will be replied.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

Am I tired? Yes. Do I not want to go to my classes today? Also yes. Though I have to for the sake of not losing house points. I walked down the halls to Divination with a tired expression on my face. Larrissa didn't take Divination which was sad, but it's fine I guess. I'll have to try to make new friends now.

I emerged from the trapdoor into the room and sat at an empty desk while fiddled with my bracelet. Surprisingly I was pretty early since not many people was in the class yet. To pass time, I started reading the required textbooks for Divination. As time passed, more people started to file in.

Class started and since nobody sat beside me, I was glad to do the class on my own. Okay, spoke too soon. Lavender Brown sat next to me. Professor Trelawney began speaking once it seemed like everyone was in the room.

"Welcome to Divination," Professor Trelawney greeted. "My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending to much into the hustle and bustle of the school clouds my inner eye."

Well that was kind of bonkers. Maybe Larrissa was right about the professor. Although first impressions aren't always the best impression of someone. Nobody said anything after the teacher spoke, which felt kind of weird.

"So you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts. I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you. Books can only take you so far in this field..." Professor Tralawney told the class.

I sighed and closed the book. What else am I supposed to do if not use books? I guess I might actually fail the class, a very rare thing. Well I had two years of exams in Hogwarts for all of my classes so far, but I passed all the classes with Outstandings! Okay besides History of Magic, but in my defense, the class was so boring.

Professor Trelawney continued. "Many witches and wizards, talented though they are at the area of loud bangs and smells and sudden disappearings, are yet unable to penetrate the veiled mysterious of the future." Her visually enlarged eyes moved from one face to another. "It is a gift granted to few."

At that point I zoned out. I vaguely remembering hearing the professor saying that Neville Longbottom's grandmother was unwell, which was stupid if you asked me. Unless Professor Trelawney actually saw the future which I doubted. How could she possibly see the future of so many people anyways?

Professor Trelawney turned to Parvati Patil and was like, "By the way dear, beware a red-haired man." That totally freaked the girl out and she inched away from Ron Weasley. I had to hold in my laughter, it felt kind of bitchy but it sounded hilarious to me. That guy Weasley can't do anything dangerous in my opinion, he's not very intelligent.

Professor Trelawney said something about a member leaving forevet I believe? Though at this point I really can't bother to pay attention. She might've been referring to me since I might actually drop out of this class. A very tense silence passed after the professor's predictions, though I didn't even notice.

"I wonder dear," The professor started, looking at Lavender Brown who sat right next to me. "If you could pass me the largest silver teapot?"

The girl looked relieved as she stood up. I could definitely relate to her right now. The teacher kind of scares me at times. Seriously though, she is kind of crazy. Lavender Brown took the teapot from the shelf and set it in front of the professor.

"Thank you, my dear. Incidentally, that thing you are dreading - it will
happen on Friday the sixteenth of October." Professor Trelawney told her. Lavender trembled a bit. No surprise there either. Why am I thinking to myself so much these days. My lonely arse.

Professor Trelawney started talking again. "Now, I want you all to divide into pairs. Collect a teacup from the shelf, come to me and I will fill it. Then sit down and drink. drink until only the dregs remain. Swill these around the cup three times with the left hand, then turn the cup upside-down on its saucer, wait for the last of the tea to drain away. Then give your cup to your partner to read. You will interpret the patterns using pages five and six of Unfogging the Future. I shall move
among you, helping and instructing. Oh, and dear-"

Damn, that woman sure talks a lot. I don't even remember half of the things she said but that's fine I guess. Lavender will probably be my partner considering the fact that she sits right beside me.

The professor grabbed Neville Longbottom by his arm as he stood up. "Could you be so kind as to select one of the blue patterned ones? I'm rather attached to the pink." Not even a second after Neville had reached the teacups, there was a noise that indicated the breaking of china. Professor Trelawney swept over to him, holding a dustpan and brush and said. "One of the blue ones, then, dear, if you wouldn't mind, thank you."

I turned to Lavender. "Could you get the teacups please? I'll look through the tessomancy section of the textbook on unfogging the future." I gave her a slight smile then flipped open the textbooks.

Lavender soon came back with two filled teacups and I give her a nod. "Thank you." I told her before I started downing my tea leaving only the dregs. I finished and waited patiently for Lavender to finish her's as well before I passed my cup to her.

"So, what does mine read?" I asked her with a slightly impatient tone in my voice. I looked down at Lavender's cup, it wasn't very clear. It looked like some sort of flower? I couldn't tell what is was. One moment it was a flower, the next it looked like a tree.

Lavender looked up from comparing the cup to the contents of the book. "You have a sun, it means great happiness." She told me. I was surprised, my life wasn't very exciting. So happiness doesn't sound very likely.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n was heading towards the great hall for lunch. She had transfiguration before, it was a okay class she's got to admit. I looked down at the book I had gotten from the library a few minutes ago. Taking a short detour wasn't very efficient though.

"Whatcha reading Y/n?" Larrissa piped up from beside me. I jumped a little, totally forgot about her being beside me.

"Romeo and Juliet. Surprised they even had it in the library, it was mostly wizard written books in there." I replied, not taking my eyes off the book. Sure I may not believe in true love or something along the lines of it, but that's just kind of a few years of me forcing myself to not like anyone and now I swear I actually can't fancy anyone anymore. Anywho, I'm still a sucker for romance books. If I were a muggle I'd probably love fantasy as well, but I know magic is real so it kind of takes away the fun of reading a fantasy book.

Larrissa arched an eyebrow at me and sent me a questioning look. "Really? You reading romance stories? Who are you and what have you done with Y/n?" I just laughed at her. Sure I may not seem like the type to read such books, but surely Larrissa knew. I've always carried around books similar to it.

We soon reached the great hall and sat down at the Ravenclaw table. Larrissa had ate like two bites of bread before going over to the Gryffindors and starting off a conversation right there. I swear how does she even do that?

I continued to eat my food, occasionally participating in a few small conversations. Most of it was about the quidditch tryouts. I'll definitely be trying out this year. I was surprisingly chosen as a chaser and I don't even know why. Second years were usually never chosen. Well I guess that I would have a more solid chance of being chaser again this year.

I finished my food and went over to Larrissa who was happily chatting with Ginny Weasley. When did the two become friends in the first place? That I do not know. Although I don't actually know Larrissa's other friends, Luna, Cho, and Marietta do not count.

"Wassup Lari?" I asked before cringing at my attempt at trying to be cool. "Who's this here?" I said even though I knew full on well who she was. Maybe if I acted dumb I'd know some things about her? Well it worked every other time I tried it.

"Oh hey Y/n, finished lunch already? This is my friend Ginny Weasley." Larrissa replied. The redheaded girl gave me a wave and I gave back a polite smile.

I studied the girl from head to toe, I remember her being there when I met Mrs Weasley during my first time at King's Cross Station. She seemed pretty sweet.

"Hello, I assume you're Y/n Rosewood? Larrissa has told me about you before." Ginny said. "And I've also met you at the train station two years ago correct?"

I replied with a nod and held out my hands for her to shake. She took it and we shook hands awkwardly. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be if I hung out with Ginny.

"Do you two want to study together in the library after classes?" I asked her. Larrissa stared at me with a surprised expression plastered all over her face.

"Sure Y/n, meet after dinner?" Ginny replied. I gave her a nod before sitting down next to Larrissa. I looked at my best friend and waited for her to reply to me.

"Okay why not? I'll probably need help with some stuff anyways. I don't know how I got sorted into Ravenclaw anymore. I feel like a Gryffindor." Larrissa replied.

I spent the rest of lunch just talking to Larrissa and Ginny. To be honest, the redheaded girl wasn't all that bad. I should really stop my habit of judging people too quickly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I rushed down the hallway, grumbling to myself. I could not believe that Larrissa had chosen Muggle Studies and Arithmancy. She doesn't even like arithmancy! I don't even know what was going on in that head of hers when she chose her electives.

In my hurriedness I suddenly bumped into someone. Oh great, now people are gonna think I'm clumsy. Well at least I didn't fall, that was a plus. The first thing I noticed was the Hufflepuff tie they wore. Okay, at least it wasn't a Slytherin or else I would've been yelled at.

I took a step back to see who it was. Okay, Cedric Diggory the guy that almost every girl simps for. "Sorry, I wasn't looking. I was internally raging at my best friend not taking the same electives as me." I said in the most casually monotone voice ever. I don't even know why I did that. I probably sound rude now.

"It's fine." Cedric replied. Mission complete, he did not rage at me. Good job Y/n. I gave him a slight smile and walked away. I totally did not just ignore him, shut up voice in my head.

I felt bad for unintentionally ignoring the guy but if I turn back now I'll look like a simp as well and we don't want that. Just be chill about everything and It's gonna be fine. I check my watch and I realized that I'm going to be late if I don't walk faster. So like the normal person I am, I start running instead.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I finally got to my elective. Perfect, just one minute to spare. Everyone was there already so I just quietly slipped into the crowd. Nobody will notice me anyways, I'm the sort of person that just blend into the background until I talk to you. I'm not complaining though.

"Everyone gather round the fence here!" Hagrid called. 'That's it, make sure you can see. Now, first thing you'll want to do is open your books-"

"How?" Draco Malfoy asked in his usual voice. I literally associate that dude's voice with dementors. Yes, that was an insult you may laugh.

"Eh?" Hagrid said. Yeah, I'd also have the same response if someone asked me that.

"How do we open our books?" Draco Malfoy repeated. He took out his copy of The Monster Book of Monsters, which he had bound shut with a piece of rope. Other people took theirs out, too. Some had belted their book shut, others had crammed them inside tight bags or clamped them together with bullclips. I honestly don't get why they needed to do that.

"Hasn't- hasn't anyone been able to open their books?" Hagrid asked with a crestfallen expression on his face.

The whole class all shook their heads. Well except me. I figured it out accidentally because I was fiddling with the book. Thank goodness I did though because the book was vicious if you didn't do that.

"You've got to stroke them." Hagrid explain with a tone that stated it was obvious. "Look." With that, he took Hermione Granger's book and ripped off the Spellotape that she had used to bound it. The book that obviously tried to bite him but Hagrid quickly t
ran a finger down its spine and the book fell then fell open, laying quietly in his hand.

"Oh, how silly we've all been!" Draco sneered. "We should have stroked
them! Why didn't we guess!" I mentally cursed at the Slytherin. Oh why couldn't he have chosen a different class?

I watched as Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy got into the millionth fight they've been in since they both first set foot onto Hogwarts. If this was a rom-com they would literally be the gay enemies to lovers guys. If I could see it, so should everyone else.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eyes I saw the most majestic animals. Hippogriffs. The Hippogriffs had the hind-body of a horse but their head and front legs were those of an eagle's. I've only ever seen pictures of them in books but never in person, the creatures looked so much more beautiful in person.

"Hippogriffs!" Hagrid proclaimed ─ or more roared ─ happily. "Beautiful aren't they?" I agreed one hundred percent. The muggle world is really missing out on these creatures. Or any magical creatures for that matter.

"So," Hagrid started, rubbing his hands together and beaming around. "If you want to come a bit nearer."

I looked around, nobody seemed to have wanted to. I however, walked a bit closer and looked at the creatures with an amazed expression plastered all over my face. Even if nobody was paying attention they would still be able to read my expression. Okay, that was an exaggeration.

"Now, the first thing you gotta knoe about Hippogriffs is that they're proud." Hagrid told then. "Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one 'cause it might be the last thing you'll ever do."

"You always wait for the Hippogriff to make the first move,' Hagrid
continued. "It's polite, see? You walk towards him, and you bow, and you wait. If he bows back, you're allowed to touch him. If he doesn't bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt. Right, who wants to go first?"

Most of the class backed further away in answer. I was kind of sceptical, but I kind of actually wanted to do it. The Hippogriffs were tossing their fierce heads and flexing their powerful wings.

"No one?" asked Hagrid, with a pleading look. I looked around the class before taking a breath.

"I'll do it." I told him. At the same time, Harry also said something similar to what I just said. "Erm, you know what. Let Harry go instead then." I said to Hagrid.

"Don't worry. You can Harry can both go." Hagrid told me. I don't know if I'm grateful or scared at that response. Maybe both actually.

"Oooh, no, Harry, remember your tea leaves!" Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil whispered. Well that wasn't very nice noe was it? Anyways, I stepped closer towards the fence.

"Right then, let's see how you two get on with Buckbeak." Hagrid untied one of the chains, pulled the gray Hippogriff away from his fellows and slipped off his leather collar. The class seemed to be holding their breath.

Instinctively, I held my gaze with Buckbeaks before giving him a slow bow. I waited, following Hagrid's instruction.

"Easy now Harry," Hagrid said quietly. "You've got to eye contact, now try not to blink, Hippogriffs don't trust you if you blink too much." I held my breath as Harry blinked as well. I swear if this guy messes this up for both of us I will throw hands.

Slowly, the Hippogriff bend down into what was unmistakably a bow. I was ecstatic, though I couldn't really tell whether it was because I'm now allowed to touch it or because I didn't die in the process.

Slowly, I came closer and closer before putting my hand on Buckbeak's head. I slowly started to pet it and found Harry doing the same. This was now officially my favorite class. Frick you Larrissa.

"Right then Harry, Y/n." Hagrid said. "I reckon he might let you two ride him." Excuse me, did I hear that correctly? Ride a Hippogriff? If so, count me in.

"You climb up there, just behind the wing joint," said Hagrid, "And mind
you don't pull any of his feathers out, he won' like that." I went over and hoisted myself on top of Buckbeak while Harry did the same. Honestly, this was actually quite fun.

The Hippogriff stood up without warning and I wobbled a bit. Thankfully I didn't fall off our pull out any of his feathers. "Go on then." Hagrid roared, and the next thing I knew, I flew into the sky. I held one harm around Buckbeak's neck and used my other arm to steady Harry who looked like he was about to fall off at any moment. It was something all nice people should do.

"You know, just hold onto my shoulder if you're that scared. Though I honestly don't think Buckbeak will try to throw us off. That is if you don't pull his feathers out." I told him. Honestly, I don't even get why he volunteered when he obviously looked scared as heck. "It's fine to be scared, but I really think you should've considered the consequences." I said in the most light-hearted manner possible.

I felt Harry's grip on my shoulders so I let go of holding his right arm. It's much more comfortable now. Honestly I was half expecting him to reject my offer, though obviously he didn't. I eventually let go of Buckbeak's neck and held up my hands. The wind blew onto my face and I smiled to myself.

"Isn't it dangerous to do that? I don't want to fall off." Harry said. I rolled my eyes, he's literally a Gryffindor! How could a Ravenclaw be braver than he is?

"Relax, it's not even that bad. Just hold on with your legs, have you never been to a merry go round before?" I told him. I can't see the expression he has on his face, but he listened to me and let go of my shoulders. "Told you, not that bad after all."

Eventually, Buckbeak landed on the ground. There was a thud as all four of his legs hit the ground. I jumped down and tried to help Harry down as well. Though it proved to be very difficult so Hagrid helped him down instead. Why couldn't that boy jump off like a normal human being? The whole class cheered except for Draco which I didn't find very surprising.

Anyways, I spent the rest of class reading The Monster Book of Monsters while everyone else also tried to interact with a Hippogriff. Honestly, the book proved to be pretty entertaining and I almost didn't realize the commotion with Draco being slashed by Buckbeak. Him shouting the words 'It's killed me!' is pretty hilarious in my opinion. Given the fact that it didn't actually kill him.

Sadly, the whole class had to walk with him to Madam Pomfrey. I hate Draco for ruining the class, I swear if he tries to fire Hagrid I will end his career by pulling an uno reverse and throw him outta the school. That'll prove him.

Eventually, I went back to my dorm to get a bit of rest before Larrissa called me for us to get to tbe great hall for dinner. Honestly today was a pretty productive day for me, hopefully the same happens tomorrow.

A/N - 3.5k+ words! Woohoo! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to stay safe and hydrated! Also @ITsKristal07 you are now officially my favorite person for voting for every single chapter. Vote now or else /j

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 247 14
Dreams aren't the things you should worry about anymore. Its whether your dream becomes reality or stays the bump in the night. As we round onto her...
8.1K 74 12
Imagines of the one and only Draco Malfoy I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK, THEY ARE ALL OWNED BY J.K. ROWLING.
268K 6.9K 14
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง โ†ด ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž ...
133 11 10
Harry x y/n story love isn't how it always seems y/n will go on crazy adventures but who she will end up in the end?? - J.K. Rowling owns all the H...