Love? Nah || HP Various x Rea...

By ChaosFromTheFrog

Y/n had always scoffed at the thought of love, she'd always put her studies and future careers first. That is... More

Introduction
Author's Notes
Prologue {One}
Prologue {Two}
Two
Three
Four
Five
Important!!!

One

491 6 0
By ChaosFromTheFrog

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

   My alarm clock went off and I woke up with a groan, who decided that I should be waking up this early in the morning? My mind was still groggy from sleep, but I sprung up as soon as I remembered that it was September first today.

Hogwarts was my favorite place besides home but although the castle grounds was definitely one of my top favorite places, the people were by far not my favorite although I adored my best friend Larrissa. I leaned more towards being an introvert, but I didn't get a say on my personality now did I.

I got up from bed and went to brush my teeth. My whole morning routine was like the most boring and basic thing ever. Unlike those rich, quirky and pick me kids, I don't spend my money on million dollar beauty products. Not to say I'm poor of course, but just not as rich you know? I swear I sounded like a pick me. Though I must admit, now that I looked back on this it sounded very much like I was a pick me.

After I finished washing my face and applying lotion to myself, I went back to my room. Surprised my parents hadn't try to wake me up yet, they know how much of a sound sleeper I am. So glad I woke up when I did because if I miss the train to Hogwarts, I would literally freak. 

I put on my Ravenclaw robes and wore a sweater on top before tucking my robes inside it. Yes it was very uncomfortable but I didn't want to change on the train. I picked up my already packed suitcase and my cat's cage before heading downstairs. I went to the kitchen, put down my suitcase along with Marshmallow's cage, and greeted my parents.

They both waved back at me and I went over to the table to sit down. "So, what's for breakfast dad?" I asked my father. My parents both worked at the ministry of magic, my mother was also a part-time author that wrote muggle books. "Eggs and bacon, the usual." My father replied before setting a plate in front of me. I smiled appreciatively, though I secretly wished for the fluffy pancakes my mother always made.

"Excited for your third year at Hogwarts?" My mother asked me, looking up from her laptop. "Yeah mum, I guess so. I'm kind of nervous right now, but I do miss Larrissa." I replied before quickly finishing my breakfast.

"You have to be careful sweetheart, Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban." My father warned.

"I will dad, don't worry! I mean he's definitely not coming for me, I'm not even that well known." I argued. It's like they still think of me as a baby sometimes, but that was kind of expected. "Dad can you drop me off at Kings Cross now? I don't want to miss the train.

"Relax darling, you won't miss it. You still have some time." Mother said to me. It was comforting to at least know I have a very low chance of missing the train.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   So here I was at the train station trying not to look suspicious as I sneakily went into platform nine and three quarters. My parents followed shortly behind, without trying to keep a low profile. Like why. What if the muggles see us crossing or something. All of my inner rage was forgotten very quickly when I saw Larrissa in the crowd and ran towards her to tackle her to the ground.

"Hey Lari!" I greeted as I pounced, taking both of us down. I stood up and held my hand to help her up while grinning. "Bet you didn't expect that now did ya?" Larrissa groaned jokingly before replying. "No, of course I did. I'd think you were crazy if I didn't already know you were." Her joke implied that she said it jokingly, but you still smacked her on the shoulder for good measure. It's what all friends do after all, unless it wasn't.

The sound of a train engine neared, indicating the arrival of the Hogwarts Express. Larrissa practically dragged me onto the train to get a good compartment while I yelled in protest. In the end though I'm pretty happy with our spot, but oddly there was a grown adult sitting in the compartment too. He was probably a professor or something of the sort.

We sat in peace for a few minutes, waiting for the train to start. That was before the peace was interrupted by a brunette girl and two other random people. I rolled my eyes, I cannot believe that me and Larrissa couldn't get the compartment to ourselves ─ well if you didn't count the odd professor. They did look kind of familiar though.

"Mind if we sit here?" The girl asked, or more of demanded in a very nice way. Couldn't tell. I vaguely remembered her name being Hermione Granger before coming to the realization that she was the know it all girl that always answered every question during class. Larrissa was about to say something, which I just assumed was rejecting their request So I cut her off and just let them sit with us. The train took off shortly after and we were rewarded with the beautiful plains that stretched out.

Moments after the train started moving, Larrissa turned to me. "Why did you let them share our compartment?" She whispered all the while staring at them from across the table. "What else was I supposed to do? I can't possibly kick them out of the compartment. It's not even ours." I sighed.

Maybe I should get to know the others a bit? No, they probably don't care. Though I should give them a good first impression right? Larrissa apologized a bit after though weirdly enough, but I kind of just shrugged it off as weird Larrissa behavior. These were pretty common somehow.

Hermione's POV

   I watched the two girls across from me as the boys talked. The girl with h/c hair seemed pretty nice, though same really couldn't be said for the other girl. The blonde kept on whispering stuff to the other and looking at us weirdly. Was she seriously bad mouthing us? I joined in on Harry and Ron's conversation on quidditch a little after though, I refuse to waste my time on them.

Y/n's POV

   I realized that Hermione had went and started talking to her friends, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley I believed. I actually didn't care about the boy who lived as much as the other students at Hogwarts did, I mean sure he was good at quidditch but he didn't do anything for his survival. It was quite literally purely the sake of his parents that he survived, oh and pure luck I guess.

I tapped the brunette lightly on the shoulder to get her attention. "Hey, Hermione Granger right?" I gave her a slight smile. She nodded and looked at me expectantly. I realized that I didn't give my name, I tend to blend into the background a lot so that was expected.

"Uhm, my name's Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you." We shook hands very awkwardly. Okay, I'll admit that I'm bad at initiating conversations. If only Larrissa would actually talk to them, that'll make things much easier. I tried a few more conversation starters, it didn't work very well. Though I did learn like two things about her, we just stopped talking after a while. Her favorite color was violet and panera bread was her favorite food. Not a lot to work with if I wanted to become friends, but I didn't really so that's fine with me.

The train stopped very suddenly, but we couldn't have possibly already gotten there? Nah, there was probably a malfunction in the train or something of the sort.

The windows started to frost over and  it had become cold. That was weird, it's not winter yet and it had never gotten cold before.

Quite suddenly, dark shapes started passing by. There was a ghostly looking hooded figure that stood in the compartment with us. I looked across from me only to find that Harry Potter the chosen one had fainted.

Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley being his friends and all obviously became really worried. Not gonna lie, even I became a bit worried. Not that I'm incapable of being worried.

Eventually the train began moving again and I dosed off, trying very hard to forget the ghostly figure.

The train stopped, finally reaching hogwarts, and everyone got on boats. Obviously me and Larrissa shared a boat, it would be a best friend sin if we didn't. The night breeze was cool and seeing the castle in the distance made me so happy. I don't think the first years can even beat my excitement, only kidding of course.

We walked towards a dock. The boats took us across the waters towards the Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, quite a mouthful to say if you asked me. We got off our boats and went to the great hall, me and Larrissa happily went over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down waiting for the first years to arrive. The ceiling enchanted to look like the night sky still hit hard, nostalgia. I smile to myself, my third year will hopefully be a good one.

After a bit of a wait, the first years finally got here. Larrissa sat on my right while my friend Luna sat on my left. I actually stopped paying attention to the sorting hat ceremony after the song, okay sure getting more students into my house could be exciting but I didn't really care at the moment.

I enjoy talking to new students so its not that I don't like new students, although some could be a pain. Though I know - or more of hope - that most Ravenclaw students will be on their best behavior.

Soon, the sorting was over and the feast began. Headmaster Dumbledore said a speech before everyone began eating. I actually wasn't very hungry surprisingly, since I eat a lot when it came to food. I still ate though, better eat now than be hungry later on. I smiled as I started chattering with the rest of my house, a rare thing I did actually. Most of the time I kept to myself. Well exempting Larrissa and Luna.

My best friend turned to me. "The bread's a bit stale 'innit?" I looked at her oddly. "It tastes fine Lari." I let out a laugh. It actually tasted pretty good, though me and Larrissa obviously liked different things. So it might just be her bias taking over.

After a while the feast finally ended, so Luna, Larrissa and I walked towards the Ravenclaw Tower to rest. We reached the tower and began climbing the stairs and Larrissa was the first to reach the top, but with all the energy she has, I wasn't surprised. Finally, Luna and I both got to the top of the tower where Larrissa knocked on the door using the large bronze knocker.

"Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?" The eagle-shaped knocker asked the blonde girl. "A circle has no beginning." She replied confidently. The door let us in and I went straight to my dorm room.

I was rooming with Larrissa, Luna, Marietta and Cho this year just like last year. I flopped onto my bed tiredly, and just fell asleep. Although I slept so soundly, I woke up a few hours later.

Realizing that I should've probably showered and brushed my teeth, I went to do just that. I literally can't believe I forgot about personal hygiene in the tired state I was in. After quickly changing into pajamas, I quietly went back into my dorm room, careful not to wake anyone up.

I wasn't very tired when I got back so I decided to do some night reading on the textbooks we were going to use this year. I already read some parts at home, but reviews before the term starts would be nice. Soon after, I fell asleep. It wasn't that the textbook was boring, but I always fell asleep to reading so it wasn't a surprise there.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   "Wake up Y/n! Wake up!"

Someone shook me awake, I groaned as I flipped over and my face sunk into my pillow. I swatted their hand away but they shook me again. "What is it? I'm trying to sleep peacefully here." I asked grumpily. "You are literally going to miss breakfast Y/n, now go get changed." They ordered. Only then did I realize that it was Larrissa, my sleepy brain literally could not register that. I quite literally rolled out of bed and fell onto the floor before immediately springing back up.

"Fine, I'm awake. Could you grab me my robes Lari? Pretty please?" My best friend sighed with annoyance and took out my robe from my suitcase. My mind did a little happy dance ─ I don't even know how ─ before I quickly went to change. Luna, Marietta, and Cho were waiting for us in the common room and I smiled apologetically as we went downstairs towards the great hall.

Larrissa tried to get some small talk going. "Do you guys know when quidditch tryouts are going to happen? Y/n, Cho, you guys should definitely tryout again. You two were amazing last year as chaser and seeker." I beamed at her compliment and I could tell Cho was also pretty happy with it. "Thank you." The dark-haired answered graciously. I just smiled as a way to thank her and Larrissa grinned at us.

I looked at Luna. "What class would you have taken this year?" I had chosen Divination and Care of Magical Creatures. Even as a kid, I had always been really curious about magical creatures actually. I usually enjoyed reading nonfiction books about them. I actually don't know why I chose Divination, is future reading cool? Yes. Though would I need it? Probably not.

"Probably Care of Magical Creatures and Divination. I've always been into that sort of stuff." Luna replied.

Larrissa gave her a warning look, "Well I've heard that professor Trelawney was bonkers. No, I did not make that up, don't give me that look Y/n." I was looking at her incredulously, the professor for Divination wasn't that bad right? "Me too, if I still take the same electives next year we can do the homework together!

We soon reached the great hall and thank goodness there was time to eat. I don't know what I would've done without food, it was the most essential part of my day. Most students were already there, Cho, Larrissa, Luna, and I were probably the last to get there. Cho sat beside Marietta while I sat with Luna and Larrissa. The breakfast was pretty good, filling. Though I was pretty hungry.

After breakfast, I headed towards my first class. Nothing much really happened, very boring of a class if you asked me.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

First day was kind of boring, but I was still very tired nonetheless. I was in my dorm now. Larrissa chatted on about something beside me but I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. "Hm? What did you say again?" I asked her.

Larrissa looked at me with an annoyed expression, but I know she was used to it by now. It's a bad habit I have yet to break. "I asked whether you fancied anyone." She smirked.

I rolled my eyes at her. Does she not understand that I gotta focus on my studies? I've told her that millions of times. "No Lari, I do not. I've always told you that I need to put my future first." I replied. "Also it's literally only the third year, I bet you don't fancy anyone either."

"You're no fun Y/n. Luna, Cho, Marietta, and I are the only people you talk to willingly most of the time. You should socialize more. Don't let your introverted side take over." Larrissa told me. I swear she's becoming my mother with each passing moment.

"My books are enough, I can imagine social scenarios. Though my romance books really do make me feel single." The last part was a light-hearted half joke. I really don't care for love right now, but the occasional pda rudely remind me of my singleness.

"Exactly. At least make new friends, remember how desperately you clinged onto me on the first day?" She teased. I just stuck my tongue out at her. "So you do remember. You could be friends with Pansy Parkinson, we chatted a bit and she's actually a pretty decent being."

I looked at ber sceptically. "That girl who always tails Malfoy like a lost puppy? No thanks Lari." To be honest if I ever had to talk to her, it would be the last thing I'd ever do.

"Give people a chance girl, it's not like she'll bite you." Larrissa pleaded. I guess she was really keen on trying to find me new friends. I wasn't having it though. "Fine. We can talk to Daphne instead if you really hated the idea."

"What's with you and Slytherin friends? You should've been sorted into Slytherin to be honest, your personality fit their whole personality checklist." I replied.

"You know what, go to sleep. I cannot deal with you today." Larrissa sighed. I was seriously offended at that, but I walked over to my bed and flopped down. I remembered that I had to shower. The amount of times I almost forgot was concerning.

I took my pajamas and went to the shower room. Very quickly, I washed my hair and got out of the shower. I took my hand out from the pocket of my robes and dried my hair off with a hot air charm. Works very well. Got changed, went and brushed my teeth, got out of the shower room. I quickly got back to my dorm and sat back onto my bed. Marshmallow sat beside me and I petted her gently.

"G'night Lari." I yawned as I slid under my covers. I soon fell asleep cuddling my cat with a smile on my face. It was a peaceful sleep without any nightmares to bother me.

A/N - This is literally the longest chapter I've ever written with 3k+ words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 7.2K 47
[COMPLETE] Preferences for our favorite Harry Potter characters! Sorry, none of the girls, but many guys. Some will be short, some long. Characters...
350 24 13
We couldn't be together in this life, but maybe we can be together in another life; just you and me. Maybe in another life, we will meet again. Maybe...
268K 6.9K 14
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง โ†ด ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž ...
178K 6.1K 31
So guess what, I'm a muggle. Surprise, surprise but I have no idea what the bloody heck that is! All I know is that I walked into my garden to find b...