Lost in the Fog

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A broken, powerless soul is lost to an unnatural fog. A cycle of pain and torment allows him to eventually be... More

A Fracture of Pain
New Struggles and Saviours
Respite From the Dark
A Chill Wind Over the Night
Death is Not An Escape
Frenzied Thoughts
Darkness Among Us
The Path Less Travelled
Tormented Without Choice
Reinforced Resolve
Cursed with New Power
Condemnation
Cursed with Empathy
A Glimpse of the Other Side
Escalation
The Doctor is IN
Misplaced Trust
The Mentor's End
The Twisted Masquerade
The Twisted Masquerade Continues
A New Path Ahead
What it is That Came Before
Trickster's Paradise
The Alchemist's Workshop
The Spider's Nest
A Glimmer of Hope
The Gamble
Not so Smooth Sailing...
"What happened to you?"
Projected Impacts
A Date of Importance
Beginning of Resistance
First Day
Home Away From Home
Finally Catching Teachers up to Speed
How Tragedy Bleeds Reality
Capture a Lullaby
Izuku's Report
Burnin' Questions
The New Glyph
Flight of the Fugitive
Rest
Jailbreak
Interruption
Looming Darkness
An Average Saturday
Stalkers in the Shadows
Lost and Found
Sports & Slaughter
Aftermath
Test of Intention
The Truth
Why am I here?
Brought to the Light
An Edge for Victory
Forged by Fog
Preparations
The Impact of Choice
Punching the Pack
Missing the Little Things...
War on the Horizon
From the Fog
War of the Fog
Final Embers of Hope
THE Decisive Strike
Humanity's Resilience
Entity's Aftermath
Birth of An Imperium

Three Lost Kids

516 15 3
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

Jonathan Byers was surprised to see Izuku Midoriya inside with a mouse-like creature in a suit. The greenette gestured to the couch in front of them. "Take a seat." He did so without a word. Best to go along with the flow, in this case.

Izuku was the first to ask. His question was curious, more than concerned at this time. "So, you've managed to get out of the fog... what about the others from Hawkins?" Nezu was preparing a tea kettle, and the American knew it would be detrimental to not accept it.

As he did so, the boy stated, "Don't know. Probably. We went through the same patch together. We may have been separated..."
When he was interrupted, Byers took the opportunity to take a sip of tea. It was rather good. "What are their names?" Nezu asked, opening his computer and typing into it. He was quick, despite his small size.

"Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler?" Jonathan wasn't sure if he could find them with a computer that small, but from his experience in this place, even cellphones had powerful computers in them. Times change and tech advances. It was just a bit of remaining culture shock.

Not even five minutes later, there was a voice of triumph. "Aha! I think I have found them!" Nezu chirped, before turning it to him. "Are these your friends?"

Izuku said, nodding at the images on the screen. "I can confirm that those are indeed Steve and Nancy, having met them before..." Johnathan also confirmed this with a single nod of his head. 

Nezu continued, showing a map with their rough locations. One was in the West Coast of the United States, somewhere in California, while the other in Australia, on the east coast. "Well, they are in the US and Australia. Steve in a vigilante gang, and Nancy in a boarding school in Australia."

"Okay." Byers nodded, glad to hear they were still alive. After not hearing anything from them, he didn't know whether to give up hope, but also silently laughed at the fact Steve joined vigilantes. It seemed like his sort of thing. "Is there a way to bring them here?"

Nezu answered his question, wholeheartedly. "Of course. I can get Ms Wheeler within the week, but Mr. Harrington is a different story. After all, he is engaging in illegal activity, and his exact location is unknown. But... there may be a way to get him here... but it would require your help, Mr. Byers. Would you be willing to help?"

The brunette immediately agreed to that course of action. After all, it would be best to have everyone back together. They were stronger in a group than separate. "It would be easier with Nancy here... she was closer to him than I was."

"Very well." Nezu nodded, and began to type an email. Formulating something so trivial was almost second nature to the IQ quirk holder. After all, there are many ways to... request a transfer. Especially of someone into General Education.

Izuku, however, began to explain the whole situation to him. When he was finished, Jonathan couldn't believe it. They didn't have a lot of time before to discuss what was actually going on, but not having to explain what the Entity was certainly made things much easier. "Are... are you serious? That's where you went to?"

A single word, and a single nod. "Yep."

Then Johnathan got hung up on the part Izuku didn't expect him to. But... honestly should have. After all, the Onryo had a much different reputation in the Fog than out of it. "And you and the Onryo, not Huntress, not Pig, but Onryo, of all people, got into a relationship?"

The greenette nodded, beaming with pride at that part. I mean, if anyone was in that situation, they would too. She was devilishly cute under her hair. "Yes."

"And to top it off, it was because of that, that you were able to get the required materials to escape?"

Izuku's smile was nearly infectious at this point. "Mhm."

"And now, there are plenty of killers from the fog who are trying to drag this world to hell?"

Sighing, of course the bad part of his arrival had to be repeated. "Yes."

He shook his head in disbelief, "Now that I hear just how bad it is... I'll repeat what I said before: Shit."

Nezu chastised him, not looking up from his laptop as he attempted to contact the San Francisco Police force with the request for Steve's extrication from the US after his arrest. "Language, Mr. Byers."

He rubbed the back of his neck in mild shame, while Izuku laughed. "Sorry, sir."

Nancy Wheeler honestly liked the place she arrived at. Sure, it was humid, sure, the spiders were creepy enough, but it had a lot of good people and decent food. She was annoyed by the uniforms, old as they are pointless. The justification was that it would stop disparaging comments about clothes, but she knew it was a crock. After all, people would judge regardless, and those who couldn't afford uniforms would suffer more because of them. That, and she would've preferred shorts instead of a skirt, which she was forced to wear.

Putting those thoughts aside, she sat in homeroom, waiting for what the day could bring, when the phone rang at the front of the classroom. The teacher picked it up, and then looked at her. When the call was over, her teacher met her eyes. "Nancy, do you mind going to the Principal's office? It's important."

"I will." She stood, collecting her things, just in case. Regardless of the situation, she'd be ready for it. Walking out the door, she found the outside strangely quiet. Even the birds, the magpies she fed at lunch, were quiet. It was unnerving. Fortunately, she made it to the office with no problems. And when she entered, the man was not concerned or anything. At least, he didn't give that impression.

"Ms. Wheeler, I've called you here because I have received a call from UA High, the premier hero school in Japan... you've been invited as a guest representative for us. Nezu himself asked for your presence. He didn't say why, but this is a great opportunity for you."
"For me? Why?"

"No idea." He gave the girl an envelope. "Inside are your plane tickets. You'll be heading to Japan tomorrow. You should go home to get ready.""Yes sir." She nodded, determined to know why all of this was now happening to her. As she left the school, everyone knew that expression on her face... when she fixated on something, she would not yield.

Meanwhile, a woman walked through a cold street, the autumn chill causing her breath to crystallize in the air. The alleyway she navigated was dark, and foreboding, but she had no choice to get home.

That made her vulnerable.

"Stop right there." The villain blocked her path. There was no escape. As she frantically tried to back away, the low-level thug was about to get her when there was a loud shout behind them, clear, masculine, yet young. "Hey!"

The villain turned, only to receive a baseball bat to the face. Blood leaked from the assailant's bat, which was studded with a bunch of nails, creating a makeshift spiked mace. It was clear the villain was there for a quick and easy mugging, not a fight. The woman sighed with relief, knowing that this boy had to be a vigilante. Why did she think that? Because heroes were more or less in other cities. Less dangerous cities. People like him were what kept people safe. It was then that she saw his face. He was a highschool student, with a smooth grin, "You alright?"

A little heartstruck by the boy's demeanor, she replied, "Y-Yes... thank you!"

He nodded, searching the area for more threats. "Good. You should get going..."

The villain struggled to get up, turning to the boy. "You... you think that was enough to bring me down?! I'll kill you... and your stupid haircut..."

It was then that he received another strike to the face. It launched him into the wall, finally knocking him out, blood pooling from the gashes caused from the bat as well as the brick wall. The boy's face had turned serious during that time... but... his smug smile returned to his face, as well as his lackadaise attitude, "You can insult me, but not the 'do."

She just stood in awe. "Heroes don't come around here... what is your name?"

The boy wore a grey jacket, with a red bandanna around his neck, and had similarly colored gloves, which gripped the bat, now resting on his shoulder. He wore grimy blue jeans, and white shoes covered in dirt. Even if his clothes were a bit messy, his face and haircut were perfect. "I'm Steve. Let's get you someplace safe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 191 7
"I am falling, to my death. This world doesn't need a welp like me..." Izuku learned young how cruel the world can get. In most of the quirked world...
83.9K 3.3K 16
Due to something rather unexpected Izuku turned into his older self. Now being back in the body of a 10-year-old child, Izuku doesn't remember anythi...
528K 16.4K 40
What happens to people that don't have quirks in a world full of quirks? What happens to the world when one quirkless person finally snaps? Well... c...
61.5K 854 17
Izuku midoriya once used to be a normal kid but something that happened to him years ago where it affected him very roughly ever since that incident...