Betrayal

By armycandy10

Through him, you learned what love was. More

I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII

V

377 14 0
By armycandy10

Huffs and groans can be heard in the field as you keep a close watch on Kunikuzushi, making sure that he's not straining himself too much as he directs another lightning strike towards a dummy, barely missing the head which brings him to his knees, a loud groan leaving his lips as he finally plops down onto the ground, uncaring of the dirt clinging onto his back as he just stares up at the sky, too tired to move. "I'm drained... let's take a break, please?" The boy before you mutters, his eyes closing shut as you make your way over to him, a cup of tea in hand.

"I think that's an appropriate decision. You've exhausted yourself quite a bit, you deserve to rest."

Sitting beside him, you take out a damp cloth and start wiping away the sweat that has accumulated on his skin, the feeling making Kunikuzushi smile slightly, enjoying the moment. "It's only been a few days since we started your regimen but I can say that you're quite talented." You praise him, genuinely impressed with how much he's improved already though your words may have a different effect on him as this makes the boy before you flush bright red, his head turning to the side to hide his expression though even from where you sit, you can see that a pout has found perch on his lips. How adorable.

"Stop trying to make me feel better, (Y/N)... I barely managed to hit that dummy-"

"And yet you still did. We've only been at it for 4 days, Kunikuzushi. There is no need to be so harsh on yourself. You're doing well." You cut him off, not liking how he's starting to get a bit self-deprecating.

You have noticed this growing habit of his. It's only been 2 days or so since his words have taken a slightly negative route when it comes to talking about himself but you still manage to catch on.

Perhaps the situation with his mother has gotten worse.

It worries you.

"I am only able to train you for an hour or two everyday and yet you have shown a lot of improvement, I say that you are quite the prodigy. So cut yourself some slack, Kunikuzushi. I'm happy that you're a student of mine."

Gently, you guide Kunikuzushi to sit up, his skin still warm from training, so is his face as you hand him the cooling cup of tea that you had prepared beforehand. You had made sure to add an extra mint to help with cooling his body faster.

Seeing the cup handed to him, Kunikuzushi can't help but make a face, knowing that the tea that you make is always bitter. "Do I really have to drink this, (Y/N)?" He asks you, the pout still on his lips as he looks up at you. "It's always so bitter..."

"Would you like me to add some sweeteners? Milk, perhaps? Or sweet flowers?"

For a second, Kunikuzushi looks down at the cup.

He can already taste the oncoming taste of the tea, the slight bitterness lingering on his tongue with every sip, then he imagines how the taste would be much more bearable if there was a sweet flower or two. But then, this is something that you personally prepare for him every single day. Something that you drink yourself after you train.

If he wants to be strong like you, then he should follow your training regimen as closely as possible.

So, even with the bitterness haunting him, he shakes his head at your suggestion, instead, he takes a deep breath and gulps down the liquid, the cooling effect making his whole body feel better though the state that his tongue is put on screams for him to drink something else to wash off the taste.

Pushing down a shiver, Kunikuzushi hands you back the cup, muttering a quick thank you as he does so.

Amused with how he gulped down the tea, you unconsciously ruffled his hair as you stood up in order to put away the cup, unaware of the way Kunikuzushi almost stopped functioning at your action.

His whole face and neck now stained red from the way his faux blood rushed up to his head. His whole body had froze, eyes following your every movement while his mind tries and replays such quick movements.

You had just ruffled his hair.

Such a nonchalant action and yet, when it comes from you it holds such a bigger meaning.

You.

Someone who has never initiated such friendly gestures before.

Perhaps he's reading too deeply into the gesture. Maybe he's too into his head to think of this as nothing but a simple gesture.

But for someone like him, someone who's been deprived of such affectionate gestures before, can you really blame him for slightly freaking out over your touch?

Perhaps he is freaking out a little too much since just a few days ago, he had been able to hug you even sleep beside you, your arm cushioning his body as he did so - he still can't quite believe it even after Yae Miko had teased him about having been in your arms, carried until he was in Tenshukaku where you asked his mother where his room was so you could lay him on his bed yourself.

He wouldn't have believed a single word from the kitsune if you hadn't asked him about how his sleep went the next day.

Oh how utterly embarrassing that day had been.

Before he can snap out of his thoughts, you had already made your way back to his side, your legs barely touching him as you carefully take his hand in yours, the action making him freeze up for a second before relaxing.

You had made it a bit of a habit, checking on his hands every time you finish training with him.

Checking if he had gained another set of cuts on his hands like when he first started training by himself.

Due to his nature as a puppet, the cuts do heal quickly, even without you treating them, but who is he to reject your offer of tending to them?

Why would he give away such an opportunity?

"I'm glad that you haven't been getting too hurt during our training..." Pressing your thumb against his palm, you hum to yourself before moving to his other hand.

"Well... it's all thanks to you! You've been helping me a lot, even with picking out my weapon..." Summoning the catalyst to his side, he can't help but play with it a little, finding the weapon to be a pretty amusing sight since it looks like a little bell with some blue accents.

Apparently, it had been a gift that you received during your time in Sumeru a few years ago when you decided it would be good to stick around and keep an eye on the new dendro archon, per Morax' request.

After checking Kunikuzushi for any injuries, the two of you start your walk over to the city, something that is starting to become a habit. After every training session, you walk around town with Kunikuzushi, taking in the new stalls that appear along with trying out different delicacies that catch the young boy's eyes.

The sight of the stalls reminds you of an upcoming event in Liyue, your previous plan of asking Kunikuzushi to attend now making its way back to your head.

You had almost forgotten to ask him.

Once the two of you have made your way up the foot of the mountain heading up to Narukami shrine, you decide that it's now an appropriate time to ask him about the festival.

"Kunikuzushi."

The mention of his name makes the boy hum, lips quirked up in that familiar smile of his, something that usually adorns his lips every time you're in his presence.

It's easy on the eyes, always a sight that you look forward to seeing.

"There's a new festival in Liyue and I thought that maybe you'd want to attend it with me? Since you rarely get to go outside of Inazuma." You nonchalantly ask him, the two of you now back on your trek up the mountain. "Rex Lapis decided that it could be a good yearly festival to hold, to remind the people of what we were able to overcome and to serve as a good tradition for the coming generations." You try to explain as best as you can without giving away too much so that he'd still be amazed once he sees the festival itself.

Glancing to the side, you can see Kunikuzushi's pensive expression, his arms crossing over his chest as the two of you finally make it up to the shrine. "Will my mother allow me to go? I... I haven't been outside of Inazuma... I haven't even tried to go to the other islands..."

"Oh? What's this?" Looking ahead, you can see the younger kitsune make her way to the two of you, her eyes moving from Kunikuzushi before staying on you.

You can see that she's already planning some things in her head, something that you'll probably have to be a little wary of, though you know that she won't go too far when it comes to pushing your buttons.

If she knows what's good for her...

"Yae Miko, I am extending an invite to Kunikuzushi, along with you and Beelzebul. Liyue will be hosting the Lantern Rite. Rex Lapis has asked for me to tell the Electro Archon and I decided to invite Kunikuzushi myself, as my own private guest." You explain, unaware of the way that the fox's smirk and knowing look had made the boy beside you shrivel up in embarrassment.

You had invited him as one of your own guests and not just because of the Geo Archon's request?

How absolutely delightful, the fox thinks to herself.

Who knew that the Dendro Yaksha would take a liking to the puppet this early on... Yae Miko applauds herself for asking for your presence the first time you met Kunikuzushi. It had worked just as she planned. Scratch that, it worked better than her initial plan.

"I'm sure that Ei won't be able to reject such an idea... especially if it's coming from Morax' loyal yaksha." Yae Miko vouched, eyes now moving over to the infatuated puppet, amused with the very apparent joy on his face as he looked at you with such a wide smile...

She hasn't seen such an expression on his face... how peculiar.

It seems you're the only one who could make him feel such a way.

How very... peculiar indeed.

Perhaps her plan is starting to spiral into something that the kitsune has no control over...

She can't help but wonder about your connections with the electro puppet as she notices that soft look in your eyes as you gaze over at Kunikuzushi, answering his questions as best as you can.

Hmm...

Guess she'll have to see how things progress from now on. But for now, she needs to get away from your presence, she can feel the slight hostility coming from you... how predictable. Always so wary of her.

With a chuckle, Yae Miko offers you a bow, the smirk coming back to her lips as she eyes the two of you.

"Well then, I'll take my leave now, Dendro Yaksha, I leave Kunikuzushi's safety in your hands."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 777 10
" ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—— ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—”๐—–๐—˜ ? ๐—ง๐—›๐—”๐—ง'๐—ฆ ๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—–๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—™๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—ฆ๐—ง ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—ฅ ." - @jxnnniiii - date : 20/12/22 ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต a mal...
13.1K 460 19
Genshin Impact Archon quest spoilers! Kunikuzushi/Scaramouche's life I guess??? He and Kazuha are just too cute, dude T^T [Finished Nov 12 2021]
26.5K 660 15
โšŠ in which , two completely different idols meet again and slowly fall in love. scaramouche x fem!reader; (idol!au) - NOT COMPLETE