Even In Dark There's Light (D...

By Tracker-75

ARE YOU THERE? ARE WE CONNECTED? EXCELLENT. How interesting, he's trying to connect with THEM. Hmm, what if w... More

Prologue: I'm with you in the Dark
Chapter 1: Into The Dark
Chapter 2: A Journey Through The Dark

Chapter 3: The Shadows start to grow.

102 1 1
By Tracker-75

Whispering--- I'm right here partner

Mumbling--- Man that was some good cake

Thoughts--- Who, no what is he?!

Shouting--- Good Luck!

Intimidating---- What a wonderful idea!

-----------------------------------------------------

*On the other side of the great door*

The two heroes start walking through a forest area until they come across what looks like a battle's aftermath and decide to inspect it.

Ralsei: W-what's this? I've never seen something like this before, let alone heard of a battle that could end this badly!

Kris looks around and sees a figure, sitting against a tree, in the distance.

Kris: There's someone over by that tree over there.

Ralsei: Come on! Let's go see if they're ok!

The duo then runs over to the figure and Kris instantly realizes who they are.

Kris: Y/n!?

Y/n: Greetings, Kris. I'm glad that you're alright, Susie came through here not too long before you, why is she not with you and... whoever this is...

Ralsei: Oh! I suppose we've never met... I'm Ralsei, Princess of the Dark and one of the chosen heroes, as stated by the prophecy!

Y/n: ...I see... Well as I previously stated I am Y/n, it's nice to meet you I suppose...

Kris: Is something the matter Y/n?

Y/n then motions for Kris to come closer and Kris decides to oblige.

Y/n: Partner, this "Ralsei" can't be trusted. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful they brought us back together but... Something about them seems off about them, so what I'm saying is to keep a close eye on them. You know what let me watch our "Friend" and when we reach the absolute... if they prove they aren't friendly, all you have to do is say the word, and I'll make sure there is nothing left for them here, alright?

Kris: Ok, and if they are lying to us... make sure she suffers.

Y/n: Consider it done, Partner.

Ralsei: Consider what done? And why did he call Kris 'partner;'?

Y/n: Well I believe we have wasted enough time here, I suggest we move along, partner.

Kris: You're right, we've wasted enough time here, we should find Susie, seal the fountain, and get home.

The trio starts to walk away when Ralsei remembers a question she had.

Ralsei: W-wait! What happened here?

Y/n: What does it look like? A battle happened, it seems obvious don't you think?

Ralsei: Well... yes, but why did the battle happen here? Who was in it? Why did it start?

Y/n: I know just as much as you do, princess. I had arrived there not too long before you did, however, it was just as Susie was leaving the scene, so I wouldn't put Susie past being the cause of it, anyway, what is a sign doing in the middle of a forest?

The trio then came across a sign and decided to read it.

(ENEMIES AHEAD! YOU"RE GONNA DIE! Signed, Lancer)

Y/n: Well, whoever this Lancer character is was nice enough to leave a sign, saying there was an enemy ahead.

They move ahead a little bit and saw an enemy that was like a green diamond.

Rudinn: I don't like my boss but I don't care enough to quit.

The three got their weapons out with Kris getting out his sword and shield, Ralsei keeping her wand underneath her cloak, and Y/n pulling out a red knife from his pocket, getting ready to slash down the Rudinn if needed but Kris did some hand movements before Rudinn turns a lighter green with a hint of blue with big bright blue diamonds in his eyes.

Rudinn: Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Rudinn then stops fighting before walking away, the three heroes then put their weapons away, while Y/n put his away a bit hesitantly. They continued until they saw another sign that said.

(If you're reading this... I guess you're dead SIGNED LANCER)

Y/n: This Lancer character... is not the sharpest knife in the drawer block, huh?

Ralsei: He must be confused

Kris then gives them a thumbs-up before continuing, they kept walking until they saw Lancer right next to a sign.

Y/n: Oh! Howdy strange blue child!

Lancer: Oh! Hey knife guy!

Ralsei: You've met Lancer already?

Y/n: Oh that's the blue child's name. Well, I digress there's a sign next to him, so why don't we read it?

The trio then decides to read the sign.

(Hey, don't read this sign! It's a work in progress! SIGNED LANCER)

The trio then turns to Lancer.

Lancer: Ho ho ho... if it isn't my two favorite people.

Ralsei: But there's-

Lancer: Psyche! You guys aren't even in my top five! Except for you knife guy, you're in my top three!

Y/n: Well I'm honored to be in your top three, and just to let you know my name is Y/n.

Lancer: Oh! Well, nice to meet ya Y/n!

Ralsei: Lancer! Where's Susie?

Lancer: You mean the purple girl?

Y/n: Yes, we mean the female version of Barney the Dinosaur.

Susie: *In the distance* I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT I CAN HEAR YOU!

Lancer: Well that was odd, anyway... Ho ho ho... you fools! You're too late to stop me!

Ralsei: What did you do?

Lancer: She beat me up so I ran away!

Ralsei: That was anticlimactic.

Y/n: Are you ok?

Lancer: Yep!

The trio then had to choose between two paths and decided to go down, and found a tree with star-shaped candy growing on it. Kris decides to pick the two lowest-hanging candies for the group during their battles and is left with no way to go any further down the path, decides to go back up and then go right but before they could Lancer says something to the trio.

Lancer: Hey, if you head that way my troops will thrash you.

Ralsei: Is that a threat?

Lancer: I prefer to think of it as an invitation.

The trio looks at each other before shrugging and continuing only to see two Rudinns in the distance, but before Y/n or Ralsei could do anything, Kris had already convinced them to leave Lancer's side.

Rudinns: That makes sense

They left with Y/n, who for some reason pulled out one of his knives, and put the knife away.

Y/n: Interesting, that went so quickly that I wouldn't even call it a battle and more of an interaction.

The trio soon continued until they came across a man that was made of two upside-down triangles that was wearing a chef's hat and apron. Behind him was a table with a cake that looked mechanical and had smoke coming out of it.

Topchef: Mama miba! I'm TOPCHEF! My latest cake worked me to exhaustion! So I took a little nap... but mama miba! A scary noise woke me up! A beast was hunched on the table, eating the cake like an animal! I spritzed it with water, and it hissed and ran off! But my wonderful cake...

Ralsei: Kris, that sounds like Susie! We must be going the right way! Let's try to keep her out of any more trouble.

Y/n: That's impossible she, in herself, is the embodiment of trouble.

Kris decided to take a piece of the cake and they then continued until they came across two enemies, one of them was a Rudinn and the other was a female monster named Hathy. They dealt with Rudinn the same way they did before but now they have Hathy to deal with. Kris's soul appeared in the middle of the field as hearts formed into a larger heart before charging at his soul, causing him to move back to avoid being hit. The heart disappears as it misses, Kris and Ralsei were trying to figure out how to persuade her to stop fighting until Y/n, who got tired of waiting and decided to sit down, pulled out a chocolate bar and started to nibble on it. Which caused Hathy found cute as she blushes and looks away, which gave Kris and Ralsei the chance to spare her to make her go away. The trio then begin to walk, after Y/n got off the ground miraculously without his chocolate bar or knife in hand, until they entered a blue room with three buttons, a sign, and a clock. They decided to read the sign to see if it would help with this puzzle.

(Check the clock. To solve the puzzle, you'll have to hurry)

Y/n: Sounds like we'll need to be quick otherwise we'll have to do it all over again.

Kris then started the clock and quickly stepped on the buttons and succeeded on the first try, which caused the spikes that were blocking the path to go down, clearing the path. They went down the path and soon came across another sign next to a path and the decision Kris made was to read it.

(Behold, the maze of death! Prepare to GET LOST. Clowns! SIGNED LANCER)

Kris gives Ralsei a thumbs-up and entered the maze... which they had to immediately stop and read another sign.

(Feeling lost yet!? You must be UTTERLY LOST among these twists and turns! Your sense of direction won't save you now! SIGNED LANCER)

Y/n: There seem to be injured darkners which most likely is Susie's work.

Susie: *In the distance* SOMEHOW I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Y/n: GOOD, THAT JUST MEANS YOUR EARS ARE CLEAN!

Susie: SCREW YOU!

The trio then went down and saw a sign on their left and decided to read it.

(Hey, wait! Where am I!? Help! Someone help! I'm lost! SIGNED LANCER)

Ralsei: W-we need to help him!

Kris nods before they enter the maze to look for Lancer until they came across a sign that said.

(Oh, it's just this way SIGNED LANCER)

Ralsei: Well that's good, at least Lancer is safe.

They took a few steps before they were met with Lancer.

Lancer: Ho ho ho! Somehow, you survived the maze! But don't count your blessing before they hatch! Let's see how you fare against THIS team!

Suddenly three Hathys appeared and the fight began, all the Hathys did was make a circle of hearts around Y/n's soul but upon seeing Y/n's soul both parties froze in their tracks...

Ralsei: Y-y/n... w-what kind of soul is that?

Y/n: ...

Ralsei: Y/n?

Y/n: Don't... don't worry about it... ok? It's fine...

Kris: Alright... If you say so, partner...

Y/n: Thanks, partner.

After shaking off the initial shock of seeing Y/n's soul Lancer ran into the middle of the battlefield until he was suddenly thrown to the sidelines and, as if nothing happened, continued to say what he was going to do.

Lancer: Hey, why aren't you guys thrashed!? You're totally outnumbered!

Ralsei: You made a team purely of support enemies. Their bullet patterns aren't balanced at all. It's like a dinner of three glasses of milk.

Lancer: And that's, umm... unusual somehow?

Ralsei: Why don't we talk about this AFTER the battle?

Lancer then realizes that he's on the sidelines and sits down as the fight continues. Soon the trio spared them as fast as they can to make them go away, but not before the three Hathys gave Y/n $84.

Ralsei: Looks like we got $84.

Lancer: Sweet! How much do I get?

Ralsei: You...lost, Lancer. You don't get any.

Lancer: Oh... can I have some of yours?

Ralsei: N-

Y/n: Here you go kiddo.

*Y/n gave Lancer $5*

Lancer: Thanks! Later, losers and Y/n!

Lancer then began to run away... for a few seconds. The trio walked up to him.

Lancer: Sup.

Ralsei: I thought you were running away?

Lancer: Yeah, I finished.

Ralsei: That was quick.

Lancer: That was the point.

They continued as they soon came across another room with titles in the shape of a circle with three and a half tiles on each side and a clock on the wall.

Y/n: It seems that one of the tiles is broken, because of a rock.

Soon the trio tries to solve the puzzle until a few attempts later they decide to stop.

Ralsei: I think we're missing something. I think we should try the next room.

Y/n: You guys go ahead, I'm gonna try to find out what's wrong and find a shortcut while I'm at it. (A/n: Sound familiar?)

Kris: You think you can?

Y/n: Trust me, partner, I believe I can, If I can't I'll be waiting right here for ya.

Kris and Ralsei then went to the next room to see Susie struggling to open a door.

Susie: Ugh, open up you stupid door!

Ralsei: Susie!?

Susie: Oh great it's YOU GUYS!

The duo was soon in front of Susie.

Ralsei: Susie we were so worried about you! But u-um... how'd you get past those spikes before?

Susie: Walked through em.

Ralsei: That... seems impossible.

Susie: Whatever, but this door... sucks.

Ralsei: Aw, don't worry Susie! It'll open after we solve the puzzle over there!

Ralsei said as she points to the room the duo just came from.

Susie: Nice, tell me when you finish it.

Kris: We would but the thing is busted so my partn-, I mean... Y/n is seeing if he can fix it and also find a shortcut.

Ralsei: Sometimes, the proceeding will take all four of us. Furthermore, only Kris can seal the DARK FOUNTAIN. So if you don't accompany us, you won't make it home!

Susie: So you're saying I HAVE to stick with you guys? And just how is the puzzle busted?

Kris: Someone dropped a large rock on it.

Susie: Oh... my bad...

Kris just facepalms in response.

Susie: Let's just get this over with

Ralsei: Yahoo! Susie's back on the team!

Susie says nothing as she moves a bit back just so that no one can tell she's associated with them while Kris does the same in the other direction. The trio went back to the other room to find Y/n nowhere to be found but the button fixed... with the rock sitting on top of it with a note tapped to the rock, and Kris decides to read the note.

(Howdy partner, I fixed the button and also figured out how the thing works, as long as there is pressure on the plate when you start the clock it will act as though a person was on it. So, if you're reading this I'm off searching for a shortcut and probably won't be back in time for Susie's patience so I solved the problem.

Signed Your Partner,

Y/n.)

Kris: Y/n's searching for a shortcut, but he figured out the puzzle and left a solution for it with three people and this rock is it. Let's get this done so when Y/n we meet up with Y/n again, we'll at least be farther than we are now.

Susie: Holy cow Kris! This is the most you've talked since... ever Y/n coming into your life must have changed you for the better, huh?

Kris just nods in response.

Susie: And he's back to normal.

The trio went back to the door but there was a bottle cap with legs and a dog face blocking the path.

Ralsei: Kris, I just realized Susie and Y/n missed our little training session. Next battle we should teach her how to act, I think she might enjoy that and when we meet up with Y/n we can do that for him as well!

The trio soon approached the creature known as C. Round as it starts kicking the air. Kris looks towards Ralsei and she nods before looking at Susie.

Ralsei: Kris wants you to try to flatter the enemy

Susie: What? Why the HELL would I do that? It attacked US. We should smash it before it moves.

Ralsei could swear she could see the same look in Susie's eyes as Kris did.

Ralsei: What the heck!? Susie too!? Aw, Susie look, it's harmless. If you act nice, we might win without hurting it.

Susie: ...okay, okay. Hey little guy, I really like the axe in your face!

Ralsei: S-Susie no!

Susie then hits C. Round hard enough that he was sent flying off into the distance.

Ralsei: Um... I think I should talk to her.

The trio soon sees a sign next to the door and read it.

(Hehehehehe!! I sneaked by and made a sign!! SIGNED LANCER)

The trio entered the door where in the next area before they continued, Ralsei turns around to face Susie.

Ralsei: Um... Susie, I suppose you missed what I said earlier. As heroes, we have the power to make a peaceful future. So, from now on let's try to avoid fighting.

Susie: ...

Ralsei: Um, what if you just take it easy on them? If you weakened them, I can use my pacify spell. Which can put exhausted people to sleep!

Susie: Yawn... yeah, your talking is already doing that.

Ralsei: Well umm..., think about it! We need to warn enemies about her.

Kris nods in agreement. The trio looks ahead to see what is ahead to see a big shop, the trio went into the shop where they meet a plushie-looking cat named Seam talking to Y/n.

Seam: He he... welcome new travelers.

Y/n: Howdy guys.

Kris: Found a shortcut?

Y/n: nah, Seam let me through.

Seam: Indeed, why don't we talk for a bit?

*One conversation later*

They soon leave the shop, then move on and came across a door frame. Kris tries to look through the door frame but nothing happens, so they decide to continue on their journey until they come across Lancer who noticed them.

Lancer: Well, flip my flapjacks! The clowns are back in town! Well, bad news! Since you last saw me a few minutes ago, I've created a brand new fighting team ready to stop you! Not even that purple girl can stop me now! Ho ho ho! Are you ready to be-

Susie: Stop...stop talking

Susie only said three words and it was already putting everyone except Y/n, who of which smiled at Susie, on edge.

Susie: "Ho ho ho?" What is that, why are you saying that?

Lancer: "Ho ho ho?" That's my evil laugh. Scary, right?

Susie: You sound like a baby Santa Claus

Lancer: Um, you mean, like in a badass way?

Susie pushed past Kris and Ralsei and went up to Lancer.

Susie: You REALLY think you know how to be SCARY?

Lancer: W-well... I-

Susie: Wrong. Man wanna be tough guys like you REALLY piss me off...

Ralsei: S-Susie

Ralsei, who was getting more worried by the second, tried to move forward only to feel as if she was being held back by something.

Susie: Face it, you wouldn't know SCARY...

Susie takes a few steps towards Lancer as Kris and Ralsei are sweating bullets.

Susie: If it picked you up and bit your face off

Lancer: Th-that's not true

Susie: Oh, really?

Ralsei: D-don't do it Susie!

Lancer takes a few steps back as Susie steps forward and grabs him by his neck. Ralsei tries to move forward again only to feel an overwhelming pressure and hear a faint whisper in her ear.

???: That's not part of the script... so you better be a good little A̷C̷T̷O̷R and Play. Your. ̷P̷A̷R̷T̷!

Ralsei: Who are you? And what do you mean by script?

*No one responds... Ralsei questions if she's hearing things.

Ralsei: Am... am I hearing things...

Ralsei is then snapped out of her thought by Susie.

Susie: Then... why don't we... PROVE IT?!

Susie suddenly picks Lancer by his neck and Ralsei prepared to cast a spell to save Lancer from being chomped, only to feel as if a knife was being held against her throat. She looks in Y/n's direction only to feel the same pressure beating down on her again and see Y/n smiling eerily in her direction, making her feel as if... something bad will happen if she interferes, so against her judgment she stopped preparing her spell.

*Ralsei learns her actions have consequences. ??? smiles in happiness knowing that Ralsei learned her lesson.

Susie: We'll start with the part... where your face gets bitten off!

Susie does her evil laugh as Ralsei was sweating profusely deciding what she should do.

Lancer: Ohhh, ok. I get it.

Everyone stops and looks at Lancer in confusion.

Lancer: Thank you, purple girl!

*Susie is confusion

Susie: ...what!?

Lancer: Thanks! It was kind of you, to teach me how to be scary with an evil laugh!

Susie: Hey, I wasn't-

Lancer: And now!

Lancer had somehow managed to get free as a board of Jigsawrys show up.

Lancer: You're going to be thrashed!

He does an evil laugh before running away.

Lancer: Happy Holidays!

Susie: I guess that's KIND of an improvement

The four soon get ready to fight the three Jigsawrys, but as soon as the battle begins Ralsei suddenly passed out.

*Found ₥Ɇ₥ØⱤɎ ₣Ɽ₳₲₥Ɇ₦₮?*

*Play it?

Yes / No

→No?

???: ̷ֆɨռƈɛ աɦɛռ ɖɨɖ ʏօʊ ɦǟʋɛ ǟ ƈɦօɨƈɛ?

*Playing ₥Ɇ₥ØⱤɎ ₣Ɽ₳₲₥Ɇ₦₮?*

Y/n: Why... what do you hope to accomplish by ruining their lives?

???:*illegible mumbling*

Y/n: A [Redacted]...? Is that all you see us as? As a [redacted] for you to play with?

???: *illegible mumbling*

Y/n: You... you... BASTARD! THEY ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE!

???: *illegible mumbling*

Y/n: You're a heartless monster, ruining and destroying innocent bystanders' lives! 

???: Were you so different once?

Y/n: ...

???: You destroyed worlds, and manipulated others, all for what? Because you were border, and you say I'M the heartless monster? No, you are, they may not remember what you've done, but I do. In fact, YOU are the reason I was able to be here, YOU opened the rift to Ant-Void which allowed ME to come here. YOU are the reason these so-called "people" suffer once more.

Y/n: ...You're right, but I've tried to change from... that THING. I've tried to make their lives better but the actions of my past... I've made their lives even worse, and now I know what I must do...

???: Let me guess, another reset? This time knowing I will show up and try to prepare to fight back? It won't work you know this from when one of your "vessels" tried to do the same, but they failed as you will.

Y/n: I know that which is why I AM going to reset, but I'm not going to let you ruin their lives anymore.

???: !? You're not going to do what I think you are, are you?

Y/n: I am.

???: Then no matter what you tell yourself, no matter the lies, you will always be a monster.

Y/n: Your mistaken, I'm the demon that comes when you call its name.

???: Of course, you are, you always were. Destroying worlds and lives alike. That is why I've done this, to make you realize there is no happy end for you.

Y/n: There's no happy end for you either, I'll destroy this world, and as many as I need to until I'm strong enough to make you suffer as all the souls have.

-----------------------------------------------------

Words: 3,723

A/n: Sorry for such a long wait, I hope the wait was worth it and now that school's over in my area, I should be able to post more often. Anyway hope you enjoyed reading and hope you're having a good time. Until next time, See ya! ( Before the A/n and this the word count was 3,666)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

723 19 10
If you haven't read the first meme filled book, you should. A lot of stuff gets explained here.Memes are still present but the tone shifts to somethi...
29.4K 586 39
The cover says it all, this is a Kris x Reader book for all the Kris lovers out there :D *I do not own Deltarune, all rights go to Toby Fox* Accompli...
5.3K 97 32
This is my interpretation of one of my favourite Deltarune characters' (Susie) life after the Darkworld adventure. Deltarune and all of it's characte...
155K 1.8K 33
(Past Details) I'm back and made a new book but Instead of Sonic let's try something new shall we 😉 so after many months of writers block I finally...