𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 | 𝟏𝟖+

By lustryx

It was all a game of chess. He was her king, and she was his queen. Ronan Armen Ivanov was many things, man... More

A/N
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one

chapter sixteen

741 24 0
By lustryx

RONAN

AFTER SEVENTEEN LONG YEARS, I returned to this place. Surprisingly, it felt like only a few months, or perhaps weeks, had passed. Everything remained unchanged. Families were still on the streets, desperately seeking help from anyone. Women were still being victimized by robbers, and traffickers. And men were still enduring beatings and even death. Leaving Russia for a decade didn't bring the changes I thought would happened.

I was originally born and raised in a town called Kyzyl, where both my parents were also born. My father made the decision for us to remain there for the rest of our lives, despite its reputation as one of Russia's most dangerous cities. Our financial situation was difficult, and even keeping the lights on was a challenge. My mother held different views, wishing for a different life for me and Nicholas. My father believed that boys needed exposure to violence to develop strength and stability, preparing them to become men. I have to say, that was the only thing I was ever grateful for. I am grateful he exposed me to the truth and harsh realities of the world - the danger, the violence, and the fear. Without all of it, I probably wouldn't be the man I am today.

Before I had left for two years due to being incarcerated, I had a house built in Moscow, Russia. This will be the first time I've been here, and though I've never been to Moscow before, I've heard lots of stories about it. It's known for being the center of Russian culture and having the largest number of billionaires.

A few hours later, we arrived at the house. As I sat inside the car, I peered out at the front of the black cottage with its stainless steel windows. I took precautionary measures and had the entire house made bulletproof.

The black gate opened, revealing an elder man named Viktor, who I consider family and someone I can trust. I left the house in his hands to ensure it stayed in good shape, and judging by its sleek cleanliness, he did an excellent job. Viktor walked around the car and opened the passenger side door for Aria, who gratefully took his hand.

Using my index finger, I typed the code on the pad, and the door unlocked. The scent of a new home filled my nose, making me feel somewhat weary. I had the house built with a homely style, similar to the one back in New York, but this one was much safer and more spacious.

The sound of small feet padding across the floorboard caught my attention, and I saw my dog running towards me, but he stopped abruptly. He noticed Aria beside me, and his head tilted, scanning her with curiosity. His tail wagged vigorously, showing his happiness or excitement, though he might have also been a bit nervous as he didn't know her. I knelt down, gesturing for him to come to me, and he did.

He was a rare silver Labrador Retriever, a breed Viktor got for me. Viktor found him weak and malnourished during one of his walks, so he took him in and cared for him. Since then, he's been living with us, and Viktor has taken great care of him, considering he can stand at 19.5 inches.

His tail continued wagging as his attention returned to Aria. He left my arms and went over to her. I observed as she bent down slowly, patting the top of his head, prompting him to roll onto his back, requesting a tummy rub, which she happily obliged.

"He's adorable. What's his name?" Aria turned to me and inquired. "He doesn't have one," I replied.

Her head tilted as she redirected her attention to the nameless dog. I only had two pets in total, and both of them remained unnamed. There was a black cat back home in New York, a gift from Stella, and this dog. I hadn't given them names because I couldn't. I was cautious about forming strong attachments initially, but spending time with my cat gradually made me appreciate their companionship. Unlike humans, they weren't talkative or bothersome, and I didn't feel the urge to criticize or harm them like I might with others. They became a comforting presence and a true friend.

"YA Viktor, davniy drug Ronana. I vy?" Viktor addressed Aria while extending his hand. Nervously, she stood up and shook his hand, mentioning that she wasn't fluent.

Viktor nodded and smiled at her. "I am Viktor, a close friend of Ronan's. And who might you be?" he repeated.

"I'm Aria. Aria Morretti," she responded. Viktor's gaze shifted to me, and I could already discern his thoughts. They released each other's hands, and he took a slight step back. "A Morretti. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, printsessa."

After a lengthy pause between them, Viktor took the dog for a bath and fed him. Meanwhile, I led Aria upstairs to where the bedrooms were located. There were four bedrooms in total, including mine, and each had its own bathroom. She chose the first room she came across and began exploring it, walking in circles as she took in the surroundings. Eventually, she paused in the middle of the room and turned to me.

"How long will we be staying here?" she asked.

"Ask me another question," I replied. She crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes. "What do you mean, ask you another question? That's the only question I have," she retorted.

"I won't answer because I don't have an exact answer. I don't want to give you a time frame that might end up being exceeded or not met. Once I have a precise estimate, then you'll get your answer," I explained, and she fell silent.

As I turned to leave the room, she managed to grab my attention once again. "I don't have any clothes. What am I going to wear?" she asked, throwing another question my way, even though I thought she had only one. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and continued staring at the floor, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Look inside the closet," I said before leaving.

--------

Viktor entered the boxing room and expressed his concern, "I warned you not to come back yet, especially with the girl. She's a Morretti, and you know how the town feels about the Morretti family." After delivering a few punches, I paused and held the punching bag, feeling the weight of his words. I touched my forehead and closed my eyes briefly before turning to face him.

"I didn't have any other choice. A lot happened in New York, and I needed to leave," I explained. Releasing the punching bag, I resumed hitting it until I stopped again.

"I could've taken care of that for you in New York. You know that. Why didn't you come to me?" he inquired. I halted the punching and held the bag in place, replying, "I was perfectly capable of handling it on my own. Besides, you were here. What could you have done?"

"I could've done a lot of things. You've been in New York since you were sixteen, and nothing has gone wrong for you. What caused this?" he pressed further.

Two words: Aria Morretti.

The truth was, Viktor was right. Ever since I met Aria, everything had taken a turn for the worse. Missions were compromised, and objectives became unclear. I had ignored the signs until the day I found her and Stella. I made a decision based solely on a new feeling I couldn't quite grasp, and at that moment, I was afraid to feel it again.

"I've been more preoccupied than usual. Everything has just become complicated," I admitted.

Viktor shook his head and sighed. "You need to stay focused and take care of what needs to be done, and by that, I mean her. She can't stay here for long, and you know that. If she does and they find out she's here, along with you, there will be conflict. And we all know, you don't need that right now, especially when it has gotten worse."

"Fix this, and quickly Armen."

・・・

Here's a few things:

I'm not trying to give away too much because we are only in the first stage of the book.

I'm also unsure of how long this book will be, seeing as we have a lot to uncover. There are key parts that have to go with the story in order for us to move past stage one into stage two. In total, there are 2-4 stages.

Each stage has significance and will be crucial to fully understand the book. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed today's chapter! I love you all :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.2K 43
⚠️Adult content!⚠️ *SMUT IS INCLUDED IN MOST OF THE CHAPTERS SO READ IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED* William Rostov We were destined to marry when we were...
333K 5.5K 52
❦"𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 #𝟏"❦ • 𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 works as a stripper at club LUX after she escaped from her father, Valentine Ros...
5.9K 84 17
I want to un dress you, touch you, kiss you, taste you. I want you under me and on top of me, sitting and standing. I want to see your eyes when plea...