The Dragon's Wildfire

By inkandanalysis

Join the world of Daemon Targaryen, a nobleman who rescues the young Elaena despite her not being his own fle... More

Author's Note
The Dragon's Wildfire
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
From Me To You

Chapter 16

1.4K 35 2
By inkandanalysis

"Elaena."

Elaena grunted as she moved away from whoever was waking her up. Hearing a chuckle, she furrowed her eyebrows and slowly opened her eyes and saw Arden sitting on the bed wearing nothing except his trousers.

"What is it?" She questioned.

"You have to get up now."

"Give me more time to sleep, Arden."

"I wish I could, My Lady. But today is the day that the petition of Vaemond Velaryon will be heard."

"I will cut the head of that jealous cunt."

Elaena cursed as she willed herself to get up, Arden was kind enough to help her bathe, wore her clothes, and even dried, brushed, and styled her hair. Elaena mumbled a thanks and kissed his cheeks, Arden froze at what she did, arching her brow as she stared at the man in front of her.

"What?"

"You kissed me."

"So? It's not our first time kissing each other, we even fucked each other, Arden."

Arden choked on his saliva as Elaena patted his back.

"That we did." Arden mumbled and nodded his head.

Elaena chuckled as Arden wore his clothes and together, they went down as Mysaria was already placing down food on the table.

"Eat your breakfast and begone."

"Are you kicking us out?" Elaena teased, smirking at her.

"I could not get some sleep because you're so loud, Elaena."

"What would you want me to do? Fuck with no noise... That's so bland, my dear friend." Elaena answered.

Mysaria shook her head as the three of them ate their breakfast. As soon as they're done, Elaena and Arden walk towards the Keep, smiling and greeting whoever recognizes her. Arden observed how everyone seemed to respect, fear, and love the lady who he's with and only made him want to stay by her side and protect her more.

"Lady Elaena, long time no see."

"Ah, yes, William. How are you?"

"I am fine, My Lady. How about you, I see you've grown more beautiful these past years."

Elaena chuckled, "Do you want to know my secret?" She teased and leaned forward.

Arden furrowed his eyebrows, as the old man laughed at something she said, the two eventually ended their conversation and Elaena moved forward towards the Keep.

"What did you say to him?" He asked.

"Secret." Elaena replied, smirking at him as he rolled his eyes as they continued.

Arriving at the Great Hall, a knight was about to announce her when Elaena shook her head, the soldier was quick enough to understand her and silently let the two in. Elaena, together with Arden beside her, blended with the crowd and listened as Otto stood on the Iron Throne.

"That fucking leech man." Elaena mumbled, Arden placed a hand on her small back, his thumb caressing it to somehow calm her.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." Otto started and sat down on the throne, Arden immediately snaked his hand around her waist as Elaena was about to step forward, "The Crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." He added.

"Be calm, My Lady. It is not the time to go berserk." Arden whispered.

Elaena heaved a sigh as Vaemond stepped towards the center, she roamed her eyes around and saw Rhaenys with Baela, and Alicent with her three children – Aegon, who sported a bored looked and surprisingly sober, Elaena knew about the news on what he became like and she was beyond disappointed at how Alicent made him like that, next to him is Helaena, who was so lost and grew up to be a gorgeous woman, and at their back is Aemond, who stood up with such confidence and posture of a swordsman. And at the other side, where Rhaenyra and Daemon are, together with Jace and Luke on either side and Rhaena who stood close with Luke.

"My queen. My lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name." Vaemond started.

Elaena yawned which made Arden bite his lip to hold back his laughter at the bold show of disrespect Elaena showcased.

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys' closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins." He added.

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition." Rhaenyra countered.

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent rebutted.

Elaena saw how Aegon smirked at his older half-sister, Elaena shook her head and heaved a breath and faced Arden, leaned forward and whispered.

"See how petty things are?" She questioned.

Arden, although felt the growing tension in the Great Hall but the smile on his face never left his lips as Elaena kept mumbling that greatly entertained him and chuckled at her hilarious snide comments.

A moment of silence after the Queen interrupted the Princess and Vaemond smugly smirked, facing Rhaenyra.

"I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognize it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours." Vaemond muttered.

"I would happily cut your head." Elaena mumbled, Arden pinched her waist lightly, Elaena clicked her tongue and looked at him as he pressed a finger on his lips.

Elaena rolled her eyes and Arden shook his head, smiling at her, as they continued listening. Elaena hummed as she saw how Vaemond gave Luke a disgusted brief glance.

Facing front once more, "My queen, my lord Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor... the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides." Vaemond stated.

"Thank you, Ser Vaemond." Otto replied, "Princess Rhaenyra, you may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon." He added.

Elaena poked the inside of her cheeks with her tongue as soon as she heard the voice of Otto once more, her hand rested on the hilt of her dagger to which Arden quickly noticed and became more cautious. He observes her back when they were in the battle and knew that when she places her hand on the hilt of her beloved dagger was the indication either she was growing impatient or she was close to exploding in anger.

Rhaenyra stepped towards where Vaemond was standing earlier.

"If I am to grace this farce with some answer, I will start by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago, in this very..."

She was soon interrupted when the door opened and Viserys entered that greatly shocked everyone including Elaena herself. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the state of Viserys, how he was close to his deathbed.

"King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

He was walking slowly, limply, with the help of his baton and a golden mask covering the other half of his face and most of his hair was gone, and wore his crown. While everyone bowed, Elaena gulped as her eyes never left Viserys and almost cried when he refused the help of a knight when he stumbled. Elaena stepped forward as her eyes began to water, Arden was staring at her and saw how concerned she was at the King and heard how heartbroken her voice was when she mumbled her name. Elaena bit her lips as the crown fell down, quickly wiping the tear that shed from her eyes as she saw Daemon helped Viserys sit on the Throne and placed his crown on his head. Elaena exhaled a shaky breath as Viserys heaved a heavy breath. Although Elaena would never forget what Viserys did to Aemma, she could not deny how she cared for him who also became a father-figure to her.

"I must... admit... my confusion. I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession. The only one present... who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys' wishes is the Princess Rhaenys." Viserys stated, panting at every word he speaks.

Everyone looked at Rhaenys as she heaved a sigh, "Indeed, Your Grace." She answered and stepped towards the center, "It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son... Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed. Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luke to Lord Corlys' granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena. A proposal to which I heartily agree." She added.

Elaena smirked, "Damn, the young ones already have their own betrotheds. They're growing so fast... too fast." She mumbled.

Arden chuckled, "You can have me as your betrothed, My Lady." He whispered, Elaena rolled her eyes and lightly nudged him to which he chuckled once more.

"Well... the matter is settled. Again. I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood Throne, and the next Lord of the Tides." Viserys muttered as Rhaenys went back beside Baela.

"You break law... and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir." Vaemond started, gaining everyone's attention.

Elaena rolled her eyes, "Gods, what can't he understand..." She mumbled, exhaling a breath.

As Arden looked at her, his eyes widened, Elaena was now playing with her dagger, nonchalantly, spinning it on her fingers like it wasn't a dangerous weapon to kill anyone present at this very moment.

"Elaena..." Arden trailed off, he admits that although he adored her very much, his fear whenever she's angry never vanished. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 3.2K 16
After her mother's death, Vanora's estranged father comes to her rescue. She quickly realizes that having Daemon Targaryen as a father isn't easy. Bu...
8.3K 245 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." πŸ‘‘ In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...
32.8K 839 13
Β«" To be a pure Targaryen is one thing, but to house three dragon$? That's an insult and a threat to the |ron throneΒ‘"Β» -Alicent Hightower Γ† Β«" I'm a...
7K 221 11
β†·βœ¦; 𝘡 𝘩 𝘦 𝘣 𝘰 𝘺 𝘴, 𝘡 𝘩 𝘦 𝘨 π˜ͺ 𝘳 𝘭 𝘴 𝘡 𝘩 𝘦 𝘺 𝘒 𝘭 𝘭 𝘭 π˜ͺ 𝘬 𝘦 𝘌 𝘭 𝘒 𝘦 𝘯 𝘒 βžβ† β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅ 𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘀�...