Monachopsis | Jude Bellingham

By buttonhamy

In which a rich boy falls for a poor girl. More

S Y N O P S I S + A E S T H E T I C S
A C T I + P L A Y L I S T
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R : O N E
C H A P T E R : T W O
C H A P T E R : T H R E E
C H A P T E R : F I V E
C H A P T E R : S I X
C H A P T E R : S E V E N
C H A P T E R : E I G H T
C H A P T E R : N I N E
C H A P T E R : T E N
C H A P T E R : E L E V E N

C H A P T E R : F O U R

1.3K 56 20
By buttonhamy

It was a Sunday, which meant that she didn't have to go to work. On most of her days off, she'd spend them resting up for another upcoming hectic week as she would be too tired to anything else. But Aleyah had woken up with a lot more energy than usual, and she decided to do something more productive.

The house was in terrible shape and not just because of the peeling paint or the rain-soaked roof, It was also extremely dirty. Although the two siblings didn't have an abundance of furniture, their place was small enough to make it seem like it was overpacked.

Aleyah had started with her quarters in the corner of the living room. That's how she found herself slumped against the wall with a book she hadn't seen in years. She skeemed through the pages before stopping on the last written one.

The entry was from when she was sixteen. It was unreal how it felt like a lifetime ago when it was only just two years prior. Aleyah didn't even have to read the passage to know what it was about. She wrote it a few months after her mother had been diagnosed with lung cancer, when she had finally come to terms with the fact that her future wouldn't be what she imagined.

The passage was the final place Aleyah could allow herself to be selfish. The place where she could write about all the dreams and opportunities she had and would have to miss because her mother had gotten sick. Where she could complain about all the struggles she had gone through, only to succumb to be her mother's caretaker. A place where she made wishes that would take her back in time so she could be more adamant about her mother's smoking problem. A place where she gave up her happiness to provide others with theirs.

Reading the journal hurt. It was a type of hurt lodged deep within, a creeping ache she had managed to hide despite it festering for years. The book also awarded her with a sense of longing. A desperate reach for a life she could've had. A life that had seemed so reachable before it turned into impossible in only a matter of days.

And with that longing came hope, in its own cruel fashion. With all of the stress and struggles she went through, the girl had forgotten what it was like to want something for herself. Aleyah was always so worried about what was needed for August. She never took a moment of personal luxury, no matter how small it was. She couldn't remember the last time she had ice cream or even a soda.

And once the self-realization set in. Aleyah made an internal promise that she'd try her very best to allow herself some happiness, no matter how minimal. She deserved it. And so, she carried on with the housework, already knowing the first luxury she was going for.

.....

Jude stopped coming.

It had been a full week, and he made no appearance.
Aleyah had eventually concluded that he wouldn't return. She had expected him not to do so, but she still held out a sliver of hope that he'd show up and continue to pursue her. It wasn't a lie that he was somewhat succeeding in his prior efforts, and the girl was getting closer and closer to giving in. However, now that he'd ceased his visits, Aleyah couldn't help but feel disappointed.

It also wouldn't be a lie to say that after her vow, Aleyah had began to put more effort into her appearance before work in hopes she'd meet him again and he'd ask her out once more. But by her last shift on Friday, she was left feeling like an idiot. Additionally, Lucas had made numerous comments on the change in her appearance, which embarrassed her further.

And to Aleyah's luck, on the following Saturday night, when she had given up on her poor attempts to appear more attractive, Jude appeared in the restaurant. He was dressed in black pants and a matching black dress shirt with a bit of accessories like a watch on his wrist and a couple of rings.

She had been by the bar as he bypassed her. The two held short eye contact, and he gave her a small smile and nod of acknowledgment before he moved past her completely.

Aleyah could've sworn her heart flipped at his simple gestures. She felt like a giddy schoolgirl harboring a crush on one of the popular boys. A feeling she hadn't experienced in what seemed like a lifetime ago. It felt insanely refreshing to simply worry about how long Jude looked in her direction over how long she had until the rent was due. Even if it was just for a little while.

Jude had settled into a two-seater table by a large, illuminated fish tank. Aleyah noted how well the blue light reflected on his sculpted face as she approached him with a menu in hand.

"Hello, welcome to The Royal Cresmont," she handed him the expensive cloth-covered paper. "Shall I get you any refreshments as you browse through our options?" The girl recited.

"No, I'm alright, thanks." Jude barely looked at her.

Aleyah then nodded in response and let her body turn halfway before stopping herself. Under no normal circumstances would she have brought up the date. But those weren't normal circumstances. They were her chance at possibly gaining happiness. She turned back to face him fully, "Hey, so about that other night -"

"My driver will be back in two hours, I hope that's enough time." A third voice came up from behind the girl. "Sorry, did I miss something? What's going on?" The tanned female's gaze shifted back and forth from the waitress to the male's stiff stance as she took a seat in the empty chair at the table.

Aleyah was quick to change her deamnor, "Nothing, ma'am. I was just asking him if he'd like a refreshment before the meal. Sir?"

"Uh, yes, some water would be lovely." Jude said uncomfortably.

The girl, Maddison, squinted her eyes a bit before adding on, "Make those two waters. Iced."

Aleyah nodded with a tight smile, "I'll be back shortly." She then scurried off. Once she was certainly out of their sight, the girl's face fell as she tilted her head up. She couldn't stop the heavy weight of disappointment from slumping onto her shoulders. She let out a deep breath before resuming her journey to the kitchen.

Aleyah would just have to move the ice cream up on her luxuries list.

A / N

Here's the update! I apologize for the extremely late update, I was on vacation for the holidays, and I took some days off to rest. Thank you all so much for voting for this story! Also, this chapter isn't edited, so there may be a couple of mistakes.

But anyways,

ENJOY!
══════════════════════════════════════════

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.1K 16
follow the romantic story of kiana and jude when they meet for the first time on new years eve
9K 73 12
Emma travels to Dortmund on a one week holiday. What she doesn't know, is that she will meet the mysterious boy who she dated summer 2017. And its no...
197K 3.7K 22
In which things get complicated for Hannah Elliot when she begins to fall for the guy she thought she hated more than anything. Jude Bellingham x Fem...
827K 10.7K 51
« I love you, leya. It has always been you"