Easy On Me ☆ Ackley Bridge

By chloerosaliexo

Evelyn Lopez is ready for her first day first day of a brand new, integrated school, Ackley Bridge with her f... More

Evelyn and Zack Lopez
☆ | chapter 1 | ☆
☆ | chapter 2 | ☆
☆ | chapter 3 | ☆
☆ | chapter 4 | ☆
☆ | chapter 5 | ☆
☆ | chapter 6 | ☆
☆ | chapter 7 | ☆
☆ | chapter 8 | ☆
☆ | chapter 9 | ☆
☆ | chapter 10 | ☆
☆ | chapter 11 | ☆
☆ | chapter 12 | ☆
☆ | chapter 13 | ☆
☆ | chapter 14 | ☆
☆ | chapter 15 | ☆
☆ | chapter 16 | ☆
☆ | chapter 18 | ☆
☆ | chapter 19 | ☆
☆ | chapter 20 | ☆
☆ | chapter 21 | ☆
☆ | chapter 22 | ☆
☆ | chapter 23 | ☆
☆ | chapter 24 | ☆

☆ | chapter 17 | ☆

1.8K 35 5
By chloerosaliexo

Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child

The following day, Mr Bell, Mrs Carter and Mr Qureshi had set up a meeting for the Wilson's, so they could have everything in writing before taking it further.

"Evie." Mrs Carter stopped her on her way into school.

"I know I'm late Miss I-"

"No it's not that."

It was then that Evie noticed Mr Bell and Mr Qureshi were stood behind her.

"Another intervention?" She sarcastically asked.

"We just want to check your injuries." Mr Qureshi said as Mrs Carter lead them to her office.

"I didn't even let Cory check so fat chance of you three doing it." She huffed.

"Evie, we just need to make sure you're okay." Mrs Carter put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to flinch.

"I'm fine." She lied, very badly.

"I thought you'd say that." Mrs Carter opened the door to her office. "So I brought reinforcements."

"Swear to god Eve, you're giving me grey hairs!" Missy scolded her.

"Missy!" Evie exclaimed, giving the girl a hug, not caring about the pain it caused her.

"You two can wait out here." Mrs Carter told the two men, closing her door.

"What are you doing back here?" Evie asked her best mate.

"Mrs Carter lured me out the burger van, said you'd been hurt AGAIN!"

Evie rolled her eyes. But Missy just looked at her. "Let's see the damage then!"

"I'm fine."

"Evelyn!" Missy snapped.

"Alright alright!"

Slowly, Evie pulled her shirt up to reveal the dark red and purple bruising that covered her ribs, including the visible footprint shaped bruise.

Missy tried to hide her shock but Mrs Carter gasped.

"Oh my god! Evie, sweetheart." Tears filled her eyes as she looked at the student. "We need to get you looked at."

"No, I ain't going to no hospital." She said, pulling her shirt down.

"Okay, okay." The headteacher replied, not wanting to upset her more. "How about Mr Bell? He's got first aid training."

"Whatever." Evie mumbled, not caring anymore.

Mrs Carter left and soon came back with Mr Bell who had his first aid kit and Mr Qureshi.

"Should get one of these with your name on it Evie." He said, trying to lighten the mood, knowing she didn't want to be here.

Missy laughed and Mrs Carter chuckled. But Evie just fidgeted with the bobble round her wrist.

Again, she pulled her shirt up so only her ribs were visible. His wife warned him it was bad, but the PE teacher was still shocked. He sharply inhaled at the sight in front of him, he could kill Kevin Wilson for this.

"Have you iced this at all?" He gently asked, looking at Evie who refused to meet anyone's eyes. She shook her head.

"Alright, I'll wrap them up, but you should put some ice on them later when you get home."

She slowly nodded as he began to wrap her ribs up gently but tightly.

"Anyways, Mrs Carters convinced me to come back to school Eve."

"That's great." Evie forced a smile to her best friend.

"You'll need to help me catch up with everything I've missed, oh also, can't tell Nas right, but I've got a date with Aaron."

"Am I supposed to know who Aaron is?" Evie chuckled.

"Cory said you hit your head as well, can I have a look?" Mr Bell asked.

"Knock yourself out." Evie said before laughing. "Well actually it knocked me out but you know."

"Evie, that's not funny!" Missy snapped at her.

"Is a bit."

"Did this cut bleed a lot Evie?" Mr Bell asked.

"Uh... I don't remember, it stopped bleeding yesterday though."

He sighed. "You really should've had stitches, but it's started healing itself now, just make sure to keep it clean, here take this." He handed her an antiseptic spray.

"That can't be good for your hair." Missy said causing Evie to laugh.

Mr Bell and Mrs Carter rolled their eyes at the girls.

"Evie." Mr Qureshi said, giving her a concerned look. "You've been a victim of assault. You have every right to go to the police about this, don't let it being Cory and Jordan's Dad stop you from doing so."

"No point, it were my own fault." Evie said picking up her bag. "Thanks for uh.. you know." She said to Mr Bell before leaving the room in a hurry.

Missy sent and apologetic look to the three teachers before following after her.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"He didn't go through with it. Told em' it were me who beat you both up." Cory said to Evie at lunch. "Guess it's for the best."

"Yeah." Evie said thoughtfully as they sat down next to Zack.

"Alright." Cory smiled.

Zack smiled back giving him a fist bump.

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" Naveed asked the pair.

"I were just about to go sit with Missy and Nas anyway." Evie said, getting up and moving to sit with the girls.

"If I tell you something, promise not to shout at me." Missy said.

Oop here we go Evie thought.

"It's about that Aaron isn't it?" Nas asked.

"Oh why do you have to call him that Aaron?"

"Because he is that Aaron Missy!"

"I really like him! And I think he likes me, bought me a bog."

"You what?" Nas and Evie asked together.

"A bog." Missy smiled.

"Do you have to jump on the first guy that shows you any sort of attention?" Nas snapped.

"Yeah, she does!" Hayley said from the table behind.

"I think I'm gonna go back and sit with my brother and Cory." Evie mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Do you not care about anyone but yourself?" Nas asked standing up.

"No, she don't!" Hayley said again.

"Do not let my Mum find out about this." Nas said, walking away.

"Well, I say life's too short to not to go for the things we want to." Evie smiled at her friend.

Evie had a free period next so she decided to sit and draw in an empty classroom.

"Oi, hope you're not ditching again." Mr Bell stopped in the doorway as he walked passed.

"Got a free actually sir." She smiled smugly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked quietly, walking into the room.

"Dunno what you're talking about." She mumbled.

"Evie, I've told you and Zack I'm here for whatever you's need, I meant it. You two don't have anyone, you can talk to me. I wish you did."

"Thanks for the remainder sir." She sarcastically smiled. "Sorry... I didn't wanna get Mr Wilson in trouble and it were my own fault."

"No it wasn't your fault!" He exclaimed, starting to feel anger towards the man. "He shouldn't be laying his hands on anyone, never mind a couple kids. Take it you won't speak to the police then?"

"No chance."

"Evie, I've got to ask... have Cory or Jordan told you not to talk to the police?"

Evie scoffed. "No! I just don't do coppers. My Mum had a boyfriend who were a cop, he were well dodge."

"Do I want to know?" He cringed.

"Probably not." She laughed.

Me Bell shook his head before leaving the classroom.

It only took about 10 minutes for another teacher to stop by, Mr Qureshi.

"Alright sir."

"What are you upto?" He smiled fondly at the student, grabbing a chair and sitting across from her.

It amazed him how resilient Evie was. From losing her Mum, to being drugged and now being beaten up by a full grown man. How she managed to keep a smile on her face was a mystery to him.

"Drawing."

"I can see that." He chuckled, looking down at her drawing of a tiger. "You're really good."

"I'm not."

"Why do you do that?" He asked.

"Do what?"

"Put yourself down, blame yourself for things that aren't your fault."

"Do I?" Evie laughed lightly.

"All the time... did you used to do it before your Mum passed?"

"I don't think so." She stopped drawing and looked down.

"You're great Evie, but you take a lot of things out on yourself. Cory and Jordan's Dad hurting you, wasn't your fault, you hear me?"

"Yeah... I'm sorry." She looked up at him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. You know where I am, anytime you need me, please come talk to me." He rubbed her shoulder before getting up and leaving her to her drawing.

Later once it was end of the school day, Missy dragged Evie to her place so she could meet Aaron.

"Missy, you really don't need my approval before you-"

"You're my best mate! So shut up."

Both of the girls laughed, reaching Missy's house and soon Aaron arrived.

"Alright." He greeted Missy with a peck. "You must be Evie right? I've heard a lot about you! It's great to meet you!" He have the smaller girl a hug.

"Oh hi!" Evie was taken aback. "It's nice to meet you too." She smiled at him.

She had to admit, Missy did well with this one and she was right, Aaron was fit.

"How come you get to tap that and all I get is Cory Wilson?" Evie complained quietly to Missy as Aaron sat down to watch TV.

"I think you should go for it with Cory, he acts so different around you compared to other girls, think you're the only one he gives a damn for." Missy wiggled her eyebrows at her friend.

"Cory can't commit to anything." Evie chuckled. "And I don't even like him like that anyway!"

I don't think Evie thought to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 726 70
"Look at you, completely at our mercy," Kade sneered. "How does it feel knowing that someone else holds the power, witch?" Kieran added making them l...
16.4K 329 23
14 year old Meredith Green is given the opportunity of a lifetime when she is offered the role of Meg Giry in Love Never Dies on Broadway. What surpr...
14.9K 197 30
Grace Branning is the daughter of jack and Ronnie, she has been through a lot in her life. Grace lost her mum and went off of the rails. She got invo...
640K 32.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...