Author's Note (The Villain Se...

By wintertelle

The Villain Series No. 1 Due to Zero almost wiping out the fictional dimension, Fictosa's system malfunctione... More

The Villain Series
Simula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Winty's Note
Spotify Playlist

Kabanata 41

2.1K 137 26
By wintertelle

HINDI natuloy ang pag-alis ni Adamas pagkatapos niyang makita si Logan. Sisilip lang sana siya saglit sa apartment bago umalis na naman para puntahan ang isa niya pang target, ang ama ni Adamas Laurien. They may not be one of the people Noa hated after she died, just like Dr. McKinsron, they still played a huge role in ruining Noa and her husband.

But he couldn't do it now. He was more concerned about Logan's actions. Umuwi na si Gonietta kaninang hapon kaya silang dalawa na lang ang natira.

As Logan was preparing their dinner, his eyes watched his every movement. Kahit anong gawin niya, hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala. His Noa took years to finally smile again, but Logan only did it for five days. How could that be?

"Are you really okay, human? You're giving me the creeps." He crossed his arms and leaned against the chair.

Nilapag nito ang Adobo na niluto. "Oo nga. Kanina ka pa paulit-ulit, Mr. Adamas. Hindi ako nagsisinungaling."

"I can see that." Kitang-kita niya sa emosyon nito na nagsasabi ito nang totoo. Pero paano?

"How did you do it? I don't understand." Inabot niya ang tinidor at kumuha ng isang pirasong karne. Nilamon niya ito sabay napapikit sa sarap. "Ah. This really tastes like heaven."

"You're overreacting." Napailing si Logan habang natatawa. "But, anyway, it's not really something so shocking. This wasn't the first time. I've been to different darkest times of my life and what happened to me five days ago was just one of them."

Tumango naman siya. He gestured his hand for Logan to continue while he continued to devour the Adobo.

"I don't actually want people to know about this, but since you're a fictional character, I'll let you take a glance. Don't tell this to anyone." Tinaas nito ang isang pulso kaya napatingin siya ro'n. Hinila nito ang sleeve dahilan para makita niya ang mga peklat na nandoon. The scar on Logan's forearm were cuts. Thin, long cuts.

Napatigil siya sa pagkain. He saw that before.

"These are proofs of my struggles." Gumuhit ang maliit na ngiti sa mga labi nito. "Every mark comes with a desperation of how I wanted to leave this world. Marami pa pero hindi ganoon kalalim ang iba para mag-iwan ng marka."

Tuluyang napako ang mga tingin niya sa pulso nito habang naglalaro sa kaniyang isipan ang nangyari sa kaniyang manunulat. Logan might have done the same. But the difference was, Noa's cut was way deeper--totally sure of meeting death.

"Your world is really depressing, isn't it?"

"It is." Binaba na nito ang kamay. "But you know, whenever I think of dying, it feels great but sad at the same time. I am always reminded of my childhood. Of how I was so free. And I think because of that, I was able to hold on until now. I don't want to fail my little self who looked up to the beauty of the world."

"Why do you have to suffer many times?" Adamas never knew that feeling. He was a villain born with power, and he only suffered twice. When his wife died and when he was defeated by Hamitherion.

"That is we are, Mr. Adamas. Humans are bound to suffer. No matter how many times we try to avoid pain, we will always be caught up with that. So we need to deal with it or else we will be the one to be eaten alive." Nginuya muna nito ang kanin bago nagpatuloy. "That is why and how I learned to cope. Kaya ito ako ngayon, buhay pa."

Bahagya ito natawa sa sariling sinabi siya ngunit siya ay nanatiling tahimik. Tinuloy niya ang pagkain habang hindi inaalis sa isipan ang mga sinabi nito.

He realized another distinction between them. Humans suffer more than them. It was more than painful because they had no power to make a shortcut. Their lives were not woven by the word of a writer which could make them jump to timelines.

They had no time skips. And so, they had to deal with the pain even if they didn't want it.

Adamas couldn't imagine how suffocating it was. Being alive costs a lot.

At mukhang naiintindihan na niya. Kung bakit kaya nitong bumangon kahit ilang araw pa lang ang lumipas. Naiintindihan na niya kung bakit nakakaya nitong tiisin lahat ng pagod at masasakit na salita ng ina. Logan made it because it wasn't the first time. He learned to just get used to it.

Hindi niya alam kung dapat niya bang ikatuwa iyon. But one thing was for sure . . .

"You were so brave, Logan." He looked at Logan who was surprised by what he said. He smiled at him. "You were so brave. Thank you for surviving."

Kaagad siyang yumuko at tinuon na lang ang atensyon sa pagkain. He suddenly wanted to cry. Regret crept inside his heart as he thought about his dearest Noa. What could have happened if he was able to get here sooner? If only he understood sooner how deep and complex and painful a human could be, he should've ruined the Fictosa himself long ago. If he was here two years ago, maybe . . .

Maybe he could say that to her too. And maybe he could make at least a little difference.

"I can't believe I will hear that from a fictional character." Mahina itong natawa. "Thank you rin, Mr. Adamas."

He just nodded in response.

FIVE days had passed and Azure was still on a rampage. Kakagising niya lang no'ng nakaraang araw. Kung walang nag-round na nurse no'ng nahimatay siya, paniguradong wala na siya ngayon sa mundo. Nanghihina pa ang katawan niya subalit ang 'di masukat niyang galit ang nagbibigay sa kaniya ng lakas.

"Damn fucking piece of shift!" He kicked the guard who brought him food. Tumaginting ang nahulog na bowl at nabasa rin ang damit nito sa sabaw.

"You two are fucking useless! You should've shot him fast!" nangangalaiti niyang saad. Sa tuwing naiisip niya ang lalaking muntik na siyang patayin, kumukulo kaagad ang dugo niya.

Not only was he pissed but he was also left with questions. How did that person know about what he did to Noa and his little brother? And how the hell did he let out weird threads from his hands?

"Where is Dr. McKinsron?! Bring him to me!"

"Like we said, sir, Dr. McKinsron is dead. His body was devoured by the threads of that guy."

"Is he some kind of a fucking sorcerer? Do they fucking exist?" Mariin siyang napapikit. Muli siyang humiga dahil pakiramdam niya'y masisiraan siya ng bait. "What the fuck is his name again?"

"Adamas Riscarte, sir."

"Adamas . . ." God knew how he loathed that name. A name for a loser like his brother. He already get rid of him, but not a single thought he expected he would hear it again.

That fucking monster must be using my brother's name.

And judging from what the monster could do, he might also be the cause of his family's disappearance. He was angry and he could feel it. From the moment he appeared at that door and snarled his veiled face at him, it seemed like he had done a terrible thing to him.

Pero hindi niya alam kung ano 'yon. Hindi niya alam kung anong atraso ang ginawa niya sa lalaking 'yon.

"Find him! Find that fucking man!" utos niya. "Tell me where he is right now!"

"But, sir, we still don't have a lead. All the footage from the hospital couldn't cover the--"

"Did I say about footage from this fucking hospital?!" Lumukma na ang ugat sa kaniyang leeg sa kakasigaw. Pati ang mga dagdag na guwardiya na nasa labas ay napasilip din sa nangyayari sa loob.

"W-what is it then, sir?"

"Call Secretary Dylan and have him check my fucking computer. I have a GPS microchip embedded in his fucking robe." He clenched his fist. Buti na lang ay nagawa niyang hawakan ang roba ng lalaki. Dahil doon, nagkaroon din siya ng pagkakataong idikit ang microchip na hawak niya.

The microchip was his. It was what he always put on his wrist for his secretary to locate him whenever he became unreachable. He started using the microchip after coming back to this country and knowing what had happened to his family.

Kinuha ng guwardiya ang sariling phone at tinawagan ang secretary. Ilang saglit siyang naghintay bago nito inabot sa kaniya ang phone.

"Hello, what the fuck did you take so long that I have to fucking call you to check on my computer? Are fucking doing your work?" sermon niya bago pa man makapagsalita ang secretary. Ilang araw na siyang naghintay sa lalaki. Umaasa pa naman siyang paggising niya, may report na kaagad pero wala pa pala.

"I'm sorry, sir. I am actually on my vacation. I told you--"

"Ditch that fucking vacation and tell me where the fuck is this fucking culprit!"

Secretary Dylan cleared his throat. "As I have checked here, sir, the GPS microchip stayed in an apartment located in the center of this city."

Napataas ang isa niyang kilay. "Oh?"

"I did a little more digging and what's more surprising is that the two people we saw in a CCTV from the Laurinous hotel is renting this place."

Dahan-dahang umangat ang labi niya matapos iyong marinig.

May inutos siya sa kaniyang secretary bago pinatay ang tawag. Hinagis niya pabalik ang phone sa kaniyang guwardiya at pinikit ang mga mata para makapagpahinga.

Be ready, you fucking monster. You'll regret not killing me when you got the chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 499K 80
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #04 ◢ Promise of the Twelve - End of the rebellion as prophecied by the titan goddess, Mnemosyne. It seems like fighting a titan...
222K 12.1K 105
In which Flour Garcia messaged Yoon Jeonghan, whom she thought was a girl, to stay away from her longtime crush because she's getting jealous F L O U...
423 122 34
This is a story about a writer falling inlove with her character. Nerd, that's how people describe Maria Patricia Smith. Naranasan niyang mabully da...
57.9K 148 65
Ang tulâ ay tulâ, maikli man o mahabà. A haiku poem has three lines, where the first and last lines have five moras, and the middle line has seven. T...