summertime - mid90s

By belatores

"i bite my tongue, it's a bad habit. kinda mad that i didn't take a stab at it. thought you were too good for... More

june.
where it started.
a break-in.
sunday dinner.
the day after.
estee's party.
the parking lot.
the beach.
the date.
the truth.
the back door.
the sleepover.
runaway.
the treehouse.
happiness.

trashed.

740 10 0
By belatores

"I need to go and get a few things..."

"You sure that's a good idea?" Ryder asked, concerned about what would happen.

"I know I left my window open so... they won't even know that I've been there."

She had cried a lot about being banned from going home, it hurt. Olivia hadn't told the other boys, only Ryder knew for now. She didn't want any pity and she needed time to process it first. For now she could stay at Ryder's house but she didn't want to burden him.

They walked down the street until they could sneak around the back of the house. Her window was open still and she climbed in, Ryder following after her. Olivia's heart sank as she looked around the room, it was trashed with things scattered on the floor. Clothes had been thrown out from the closet, her CDs were cracked and her guitar was in pieces.

How could her own father do that? Even though things had always been problematic, it had never been like this. She felt Ryder coming up behind her, an arm wrapping around her waist. The house was silent, probably because her parents had been out on a bender and would be sleeping through the day.

"Are you okay?" He was just as shocked as she was. She had told him about the fights and the abuse but a part of him had hoped that things had gotten better. But with the state of her room, they clearly hadn't.

She nodded and kneeled down to collect some of her clothing, filling up a plastic bag. Most of her books had made it and she took those with her too. Ryder helped her pack a few more things that were still in one piece but there wasn't a lot. Olivia stood still for a moment, looking around. Who knew when she would be back? If she would be back...

"Let's go."

Ryder went through the window first and Olivia passed him the bags they had packed before climbing out herself. They were silent as they walked back to his house.

"I'm sorry Liv..."

"Don't be." She tried to stay positive because that was the only thing she had, hope. That in the end, it would all fall into its place.

"Still..." He reached out and intertwined his fingers with hers. Ryder was worried about her.

"I'll manage, I promise."

"And I'll be here, for whatever you need." He lifted their hands and placed a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"I know... Thank you."

//

"Come on, can't we go out tonight? I know Estee is throwing a party!" Fuckshit pleaded with the others as they sat around the TV at Motors.

"I don't know..." Ryder replied, thinking that Olivia needed more time to relax. It had been a lot mentally.

"Are her friends going too?" Ruben asked.

"Yes Casanova, they gonna be there." Fuckshit replied with an amused grin.

Olivia had been sitting there quietly, thinking about what she wanted. She had been crying over her parents but when the tears eventually dried up... she felt numb. Nothing either felt good or bad. Maybe going out would help? It certainly couldn't be worse than sitting around and pouting.

"I wanna go, we should go." She said finally and Ryder looked at her surprised.

"Liv the party girl!" Ray said with a smile.

"You sure you're up for it?" Ryder whispered to her.

"I'm sure."

"Okay we meet at the bus at 10?"

They all agreed that they would meet up later and they all went their separate ways. Ryder and Olivia went back to the house to get ready. It actually made her feel excited, getting dressed up and not just around the TV at Motors.

Olivia moved around in her towel as she went through her plastic bags full of clothes. Ryder was standing shirtless by his wardrobe, trying to choose what to wear.

"Which one?" He turned around and held up two options. One of his usual black t-shirts and a white tank.

"Tank, no doubt." Smiling as she looked at him.

"So I can show off the guns?" He joked and she couldn't help but laugh. Ryder was the tall skinny kid and he had always been, but she loved that. Olivia moved to wrap her arms around him and he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I heard that Nico and a few of the other guys will be at the party tonight. It's gonna be fun."

"I think so too. I'm happy to think about something else for a little while."

"Just tell me if it gets too much or anything... We can always take the bus home earlier."

"I will."

"So what are you wearing tonight?" He asked, a smirk growing on his lips.

"Well, you can help me choose if you want to."

She moved towards the bed where she had two dresses to choose from, it was two of her most used ones but she loved them. Flowy and thin, perfect for the summer weather in LA.

"Hm..." He moved closer to inspect them and she looked on amused as he was taking his job so seriously.

"Light blue, I always liked that one."

"Light blue it is."

Olivia picked up the dress from the bed and then let her towel fall to the ground. She looked at him, making sure he was looking at her body, only clad in underwear.

"Baby..."

"What?"

"You look... amazing." Ryder moved closer to her and hands closed in to touch her until she stopped him.

"No no, we're leaving in five minutes. The boys will be annoyed if we're not there on time." She enjoyed teasing him, the build up being her favorite part. He groaned and agreed.

"Fine but you better get that dress on quickly."

"Wow, so bossy..." She teased before pulling her dress over her head. Watching her own reflection in his mirror, she readjusted her necklace so that it was hanging straight. It was the best thing she had ever gotten because it was from him.

"Ready to go?"

Olivia was excited as they got ready to go to the bus stop. Being with Ryder and the rest of the guys... it would be a good night. Ryder brought his camera with him because who knew what the night would offer?

When they got to the party they quickly found Nico and the rest of his friends. Everyone was in a good mood and Olivia found herself to be in a good mood too.

"Hey, how's it been?" Nico asked, giving her a friendly hug.

"It looks like things turned in your favor huh." He continued, glancing over at Ryder who was talking with Ruben and Stevie. Still she felt a little bad about setting him up on a date when she clearly wasn't ready for it.

"I guess after our talk... I kind of just fessed up."

"What? Fo real? So you're together?" She didn't know Nico well but it made her so happy to hear that he was happy for her sake.

"Yes." A tint of pink appeared on her cheeks as she spoke.

"Cheers to fessing up!" Nico held up his drink and she put her own against it before taking a big sip.

They talked for a moment before more people joined in. Ryder came up beside her, putting an arm around her.

"Wanna go get some fresh air?" He said leaning in closer to her ear, so she would hear him over the crowd in the living room. She nodded and he led her outside, quickly Olivia saw something interesting.

"I wanna swing!" It seemed like Estee had a swingset in the backyard, something she hadn't seen before. She wasn't good at paying attention to details.

She let go of him and sat down on one of the swings and used her legs to get as much speed as possible. Her dress flowed in the wind and Ryder picked up his camera, filming her. Even though she was a little tipsy, she was still camera shy. Especially when it was only her in the shot.

"Put the camera away and come swing with me!"

A chuckle left him and he did what he was told, getting on the other swing. It felt like they were kids again, trying to be the one who could swing the highest. She missed those times but every now and then, she got to experience it again.

They didn't notice it but they spent the rest of the night out on the swings talking. Time flew by quickly in good company. A perfect night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 6.6K 95
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
115K 945 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
126K 4.5K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
179K 5.1K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...