𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒛𝒆 - p...

De whothehvllisbucky

LAVENDER HAZE【 BOOK TWO: POISONED DAUGHTER SERIES 】 ❛ so real, i'm 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏𝒆𝒅 if i do 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 a damn wha... Mais

lavender haze.
━━cast.
━━the most noble and ancient house of black
━━part two.
prologue (i).
prologue (ii).
i. the resident mad-woman
ii. poisoned daughter
iv. back to hogwarts
v. umbridge the troll
vi. blood of the quill
vii. alsephina
viii. stealing boyfriends, are we?
ix. dumbledore's army
x. ice picks and mountains
xi. second term
xii. foxes and eagles
xiii. weasley's wizard wheezes
xiv. dumbledore's weapon
xv. brains and veils
xvi. wizard prophecies
xvii. newbrooke saves the day
xviii. two drops

iii. prefects and prophecies

580 48 105
De whothehvllisbucky

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐑. Raya returned to Grimmauld Place, only to get sucked back into redecorating and cleaning out the house. Order members waltzed in and out, and even though it was Raya's own house, she never knew what was going on inside it.

Raya's own father — Alphanso Newbrooke — moved in and out of Grimmauld Place a lot, always stopping by to check in on Raya. Even after learning of her true parentage, he didn't treat her any differently. Not for a second.

"Last I checked, you were my daughter," he told her one night. "Whoever your biological father is doesn't matter. I raised you. You're my kid. Don't ever doubt that."

Fred and George's Extendable Ears didn't have much use during meetings, considering the Order members charmed the door almost every time. They used them at other times, like spying where their mother was so that the kids could take a break from cleaning.

"What about your job?" Raya asked Kayse one day while they were dusting the heads of house-elves.

"What job?" he raised a brow.

"At Quality Quidditch Supplies?" she reminded him. "You were working there before. Did you quit or what?"

Kayse shrugged, "I worked there last summer, but I decided not to return this year. After all, I only stayed there because it was the closest I could get to Quidditch."

At Raya's confused glance, he pointed to himself, "Muggleborn Slytherin. We don't get lots of opportunities to play on the team."

"Right," Raya muttered, feeling a little bad.

Kayse noticed this, smiling lightly, "It's fine. I've played more Quidditch last year, because of your bi-weekly games, than the rest of my life."

Raya pursed her lips, but didn't argue with him.

A few days later, as Raya was reading into the early hours of the morning, Hoot returned with a letter for her. Raya barely blinked at the Hogwarts seal, tearing the letter open.

"About time," she muttered to herself, careful not to wake Tonks. She didn't have to try very hard, Tonks slept like a rock. "They should've given us our booklists a week—"

Raya froze at the letter. It wasn't her booklist.

She made her way across the hall, knocking on the bedroom door. Barely a second later, it swung open, revealing a wide-eyed Kayse, holding his own Hogwarts letter.

"You got it too?" she muttered.

"Mhm," he seemed to be unable to form words.

"I'm scared," she whispered.

"Mhm," Kayse repeated.

"Wanna go down in the kitchen and read it?" Raya asked. "That way we can wash away our disappointment with Butterbeer and food."

"Mhm."

The two of them went down to the kitchen, walking very slowly. Neither of them was super excited to check the results of their O.W.L.s.

When they reached the kitchen, Raya ordered Kreacher to grab them a few cans of butterbeer and some cereal. He obliged happily, with no one else to see him doing the work.

"You wanna go first?" Raya asked Kayse, her eyes fixed on the letter.

"Not at all," he spoke for the first time that morning.

"At the same time?" she tried.

"I'd prefer if you went first," he muttered.

"Same time?" she tried again.

Kayse sighed, "Alright, fine. On the count of three. One... two... three!"

The two of them opened their O.W.L. result sheet, wincing as they read along.

"Outstanding in... Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures — thank you, Hagrid — Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Muggle Studies, Potions, and Transfiguration," Raya said, cracking open her can of butterbeer and taking a deep swig. "That's... okay, that's good. Better than I expected, honestly."

"Good job. I'm proud of you, love," Kayse patted her hand, reading out his own result sheet. "I got an Outstanding in... Arithmancy, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Muggle Studies, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration."

"Aye, look at us," Raya grinned, feeling a little bit better. "I say we've got some pretty good grades so far."

"So far," Kayse echoed.

Raya rolled her eyes, but she couldn't deny that she was nervous again as she looked down at the next set of results. "Exceeds Expectations in... Ancient Runes, Herbology, and History of Magic. That's... okay, I'll take that. I've got nothing lower."

"Exceeds Expectations in..." Kayse read his own sheet, "Herbology, Divination, and Astronomy. Nothing below that."

Raya cheered, throwing her arms around Kayse. The two of them had gotten good enough marks to choose whatever N.E.W.T. course they wanted.

"C'mere, Kreacher," Raya held her arms out. 

The three of them jumped up and down, celebrating their marks. After the amount of studying Raya had put into them, she felt like it was more than deserved.

"What's going on down here?" Mrs. Weasley came into the kitchen, freezing at the sight of Kayse and Kreacher cheering on Raya as she chugged a can of butterbeer. "What in Merlin's name are you three up to?"

Sirius entered the room behind her, absolutely bewildered at the sight, "What is happening?"

"We got our O.W.L.s," Raya laughed. 

She passed her result sheet towards the duo, her smile faltering for a brief second as Mrs. Weasley reached for it first. 

She read through the sheet, taking Kayse's as he handed it over as well. Sirius read the results over her shoulder, seemingly impressed.

"Oh, you two," Mrs. Weasley grinned, passing the sheets to Sirius. She raised her arms, pulling them into a hug. Kreacher, who was in the center, was awkwardly pulled into the hug as well. "Ah, you guys did so wonderful. I'm so proud of you, both of you! You deserve a gift, what would you guys like?"

"No need, Mrs. Weasley," Raya told her. "You making us dinner every night is the best gift of all."

"Seriously, your food is amazing," Kayse said earnestly. "I would know. My brother's a chef."

"You're too kind," she whispered, her eyes a little watery. She pulled them in for another hug, kissing the tops of their head. "Oh, I'm so proud of you two!"

Sirius nodded at Raya as he walked towards the table, "Good job, kid. You've got a sharp brain."

Raya expected a little more from him.

Harry's trial came and went — he was excused for underage use of magic. Raya noticed that this made Sirius a little grumpy, considering he fought with Kreacher more often and spent lots of time with Buckbeak. She supposed a small part of him was hoping for the opportunity to have someone else with him. 

"That's the third fight you've had with Kreacher today" Raya groaned. "Honestly, what are you two gonna do while I'm gone? I feel like a tired parent. Should I take Kreacher to Hogwarts with me? Dumbledore'll let him work in the Kitchens, right? He doesn't do much here anyways. I think it's best for him to—"

"—You don't have to take him anywhere," Sirius told her. "And no one's telling you to stop our fights. He can stay here, and we'll fight like we always have, and then we'll move right past it."

"If I haven't been stopping your fights, one of you would be dead," Raya told him matter-of-factly. 

"Bah, we both know I'd beat him," Sirius muttered. "At least that'd be a good riddance."

Raya bit the inside of her cheek, refusing to comment. 

It was true that Kreacher was rude, careless, and perhaps a little deranged, but Raya felt an odd sense of protectiveness over him. Unfortunately, she also felt that same protectiveness over Sirius — it just seemed he didn't see her the same way. Maybe it was because the two were her only connection to her biological family, but she hated how she couldn't let either of them go.

"Hey, Harry! Had breakfast yet?" Sirius moved past Raya, approaching his godson. "Molly made the most wonderful hash browns. I saved you some."

Raya squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, swallowing down the bitter taste of disappointment.

On the last day of the holidays, Hoot carried in a letter. She ripped the Hogwarts letter open, her eyes skimming over the book list. It usually came in much sooner, but one look had Raya realizing why they didn't feel the need to send it out so quickly.

There were only two books: The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Six, and Defensive Magical Theory. The second book would've been issued by their new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

"Ooh, you're a Prefect?" Tonks asked, staring at blue and bronze badge Raya had out on her desk. "Gonna be Head Girl too?"

Raya shrugged, resisting the urge to tell Tonks to put the Prefect badge down. She had a tendency to break things, "Dunno. We'll see what happens next year."

"Oh Merlin, you're already in sixth year," Tonks muttered in realization. "I see you, and I think you're a little baby. Which, of course, you are. But still," she wiped a fake tear, "I realize what everyone means when they say kids grow up too fast."

Raya laughed, "I promise you'll always be my favorite. Now, I'm gonna go head up to Ron and Harry's room, see what everyone's getting."

Raya pocketed her booklist, Prefect badge, and Quidditch Captain badge. At least this year, she'll be able to wear it.

"See you in a bit, Tonks," Raya waved, heading out of the room. 

"See you! Hurry back! I miss you already!" Tonks called after her.

Raya waltzed into the boys' room, waving her booklist in the air, "You guys got them too?"

"Sure did," Harry agreed.

She seemed to be the first person up, but it was only a matter of time before everyone else followed. Harry was standing up on a chair near the wardrobe, while Ron was reading through his Hogwarts letter multiple times.

Crack.

Fred and George Apparated right beside Harry. Everyone was so used to them doing this by now that none of them batted an eye.

"We were just wondering who assigned the Slinkhard book," said Fred conversationally.

"Because it means Dumbledore's found a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," said George.

"And about time too," said Fred.

"What d'you mean?" Harry asked, jumping down beside them.

"Oh right, you weren't with us that day. Anyways, the twins, Kayse and I heard Mr. and Mrs. Weasley talking on the Extendable Ears a few weeks ago," Raya told Harry, "and from what they were saying, Dumbledore was having real trouble finding anyone to do the job this year."

"Not surprising, is it, when you look at what's happened to the last four?" said George.

"One sacked, one dead, one's memory removed, and one locked in a trunk for nine months," said Fred, counting them off on his fingers. "Yeah, I see what you mean."

Kayse entered the room, groaning at the sight of the Weasleys, "It's not fair that you guys can Apparate, you know?"

"Should've been born a few months earlier, shouldn't you?" George grinned.

Kayse rolled his eyes, not bothering with a response.

"What's up with you, Ron?" asked Fred, finally noticing how his younger brother hadn't commented at all.

Ron did not answer. He was standing very still with his mouth slightly open, gaping at his letter from Hogwarts.

"What's the matter?" said Fred impatiently, moving around Ron to look over his shoulder at the parchment.

Fred's mouth fell open too.

"Prefect?" he said, staring incredulously at the letter. 

"Prefect?" George leapt forward, seized the envelope in Ron's other hand, and turned it upside down. Raya saw something scarlet and gold fall into George's palm.

"No way," said George in a hushed voice.

"Congratulations!" Raya grinned, pulling Ron into an awkward hug, considering he was still frozen in shock. "On the train, they've got ice cream for us, but whatever you do, don't take the Mango Tart flavor. Understand?"

Ron managed a half-nod.

"Wait till you have to lead the first years back to the common room," Kayse muttered. "You'll want to give that badge up."

"There's been a mistake," said Fred, snatching the letter out of Ron's grasp and holding it up to the light as though checking for a watermark. "No one in their right mind would make Ron a prefect..."

The twins' heads turned in unison and both of them stared at Harry.

"We thought you were a cert!" said Fred in a tone that suggested Harry had tricked them in some way.

"We thought Dumbledore was bound to pick you!" said George indignantly.

 "Winning the Triwizard and everything!" said Fred.

"I suppose all the mad stuff must've counted against him," said George to Fred.

"Yeah," said Fred slowly. "Yeah, you've caused too much trouble, mate. Well, at least one of you's got their priorities right."

He strode over to Harry and clapped him on the back while giving Ron a scathing look. "Prefect... ickle Ronnie the prefect..."

"Excuse me?" Raya muttered. "Kayse and I are Prefects as well."

Fred made a face, "As long as you help us continue pranking people, we'll be fine. But the second you turn into a prat..." Fred pointed meaningfully at the trashcan in the corner.

As if on cue, it burped.

"Oh, Mum's going to be revolting," groaned George, thrusting the prefect badge back at Ron as though it might contaminate him.

Ron, who still had not said a word, took the badge, stared at it for a moment, and then held it out to Harry as though asking mutely for confirmation that it was genuine. Harry took it, examining the thing.

The door banged open. Hermione came tearing into the room, her cheeks flushed and her hair flying. There was an envelope in her hand.

"Did you — did you get—" She spotted the badge in Harry's hand and let out a shriek. "I knew it!" she said excitedly, brandishing her letter. "Me too, Harry, me too!"

"No," said Harry quickly, pushing the badge back into Ron's hand. "It's Ron, not me."

"It — what?"

"Ron's prefect, not me," Harry said.

"Ron?" said Hermione, her jaw dropping. "But... are you sure? I mean—"

She turned red as Ron looked around at her with a defiant expression on his face.

"It's my name on the letter," he said.

"I..." said Hermione, looking thoroughly bewildered. "I... well... wow! Well done, Ron! That's really—"

"Unexpected," said George, nodding.

"No," said Hermione, blushing harder than ever, "no, it's not... Ron's done loads of... he's really..."

The door behind her opened a little wider and Mrs. Weasley backed into the room carrying a pile of freshly laundered robes.

"Ginny said the booklists had come at last," she said, glancing around at all the envelopes as she made her way over to the bed and started sorting the robes into two piles. "If you give them to me I'll take them over to Diagon Alley this afternoon and get your books while you're packing. Ron, I'll have to get you more pajamas, these are at least six inches too short, I can't believe how fast you're growing... what color would you like?"

"How about red and gold to match his badge," said Raya, hiding her grin.

"Match his what?" said Mrs. Weasley absently, rolling up a pair of maroon socks and placing them on Ron's pile.

"His badge," said Fred, with the air of getting the worst over quickly. "His lovely shiny new prefect's badge."

Fred's words took a moment to penetrate Mrs. Weasley's preoccupation about pajamas.

"His... but... Ron, you're not...?"

Ron held up his badge.

Mrs. Weasley let out a shriek just like Hermione's.

"I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"

"What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?" said George indignantly, as his mother pushed him aside and flung her arms around her youngest son.

Raya turned her laugh into a cough as Fred aimed a pair of socks at her.

"Wait until your father hears! Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh Ronnie—"

Fred and George were both making loud retching noises behind her back but Mrs. Weasley did not notice; arms tight around Ron's neck, she was kissing him all over his face, which had turned a brighter scarlet than his badge.

"Mum... don't... Mum, get a grip..." he muttered, trying to push her away.

She let go of him and said breathlessly, "Well, what will it be? We gave Percy an owl, but you've already got one, of course."

"W — what do you mean?" said Ron, looking as though he did not dare believe his ears.

"You've got to have a reward for this!" said Mrs. Weasley fondly. "How about a nice new set of dress robes?"

"We've already bought him some," said Fred sourly, who looked as though he sincerely regretted this generosity.

"Or a new cauldron, Charlie's old one's rusting through, or a new rat, you always liked Scabbers—"

"Mum," said Ron hopefully, "can I have a new broom?"

Mrs. Weasley's face fell slightly; broomsticks were expensive.

"Not a really good one!" Ron hastened to add. "Just — just a new one for a change..."

Mrs. Weasley hesitated, then smiled. "Of course you can... Well, I'd better get going if I've got a broom to buy too. I'll see you all later... Little Ronnie, a prefect! And don't forget to pack your trunks... A prefect... Oh, I'm all of a dither!"

She gave Ron yet another kiss on the cheek, sniffed loudly, and bustled from the room.

Fred and George exchanged looks.

"You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?" said Fred in a falsely anxious voice.

"We could curtsy, if you like," said George.

"Oh, shut up," said Ron, scowling at them.

"Or what?" said Fred, an evil grin spreading across his face. "Going to put us in detention?"

"I'd love to see him try," sniggered George.

"He could if you don't watch out!" said Hermione angrily, at which Fred and George burst out laughing and Ron muttered, "Drop it, Hermione."

"We're going to have to watch our step, George," said Fred, pretending to tremble, "with these two on our case..."

"Yeah, it looks like our law-breaking days are finally over," said George, shaking his head.

And with another loud crack, the twins Disapparated.

"It's not as funny as it was before, is it?" Raya muttered more to herself.

"No, not really," Kayse agreed.

"Wanna raid the pantry closet?" she asked. "I made Kreacher stock up on Honey Buns."

"I could go for some Honey Buns," Kayse muttered. "Alright, let's head down."

"See you later, younglings," Raya waved, heading out of the room. 

Raya and Kayse headed over to Raya and Tonks' room after stocking up on Honey Buns from the pantry. The two lounged on the floor, eating their sweets and talking about the new school year. 

At least, Kayse was. Raya was too preoccupied by the prophecy predicting tragedy in her future to be really psyched about it.

There were a few parts that didn't make sense to her, but she wasn't sure if she even wanted to. She didn't want to learn any more about the Black family than she had to, and here the prophecy was, ordering her to learn 'the truth'. As if they were anything besides a bunch of Blood Purists. And who was she supposed to give peace to? Sirius? He couldn't even look her in the eye since he found out she was his brother's daughter. There was too much that she didn't understand, but one thing was certain: She didn't want a place in the Black family.

"What's wrong?" Kayse asked suddenly.

Raya looked up at him.

His brows were furrowed as he studied her with his head tilted. Raya didn't want to think about the prophecy while he was there.

"Nothing," she whispered, kissing him softly. He tasted like honey and sugar. So much sweeter than thoughts of the prophecy.

So she kissed him again. And again. And again.

Until he pulled away, cupping her face.

"Well, I wasn't sure before, but now I know something's bothering you," he smiled lightly, running his thumb over her cheek. "Are we gonna talk about it now or later or never?"

"You know, you're the first guy who's turned his girlfriend down for a make out session," she muttered drily.

"While I'll gladly distract you from whatever's bothering you with another topic of conversation, or a story, or even a song," he told her softly, "I'm not gonna let you use my body as a distraction."

Raya opened her mouth to tell him that's not what she was doing, before realizing that was pretty much exactly what she was doing.

She dropped her head against his chest, ashamed. Kayse accepted this, pulling her into his lap and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Are we talking about it, or what?" Kayse asked, playing with the ends of her hair.

Raya sighed, "I went back to Camp for the bead ceremony. It was — yeah, it was an eventful few days."

Kayse rested his cheek against the top of her head, urging her to go on.

"First, Luke—"

"—The ex-boyfriend?" Kayse asked.

"—The ex-boyfriend," Raya assured. "Well, he decided to join Kronos — which is the bad guy — and is probably going to wage a war on all of us sometime soon."

"Oh God," Kayse muttered.

"And that's not all." Now that she'd begun, she couldn't stop. Raya told him all about how Luke lured Percy away, leaving a pit scorpion after him. If it weren't for Raya's dream, he might not be alive. She told him everything else he did too, like stealing the Master Bolt and summoning the hellhound, and so many other things on the orders of Kronos.

"But there's more," Kayse said when she finished telling him about Luke. "That's not what was bothering you, was it?"

"No," Raya admitted. "I — I approached Chiron, telling him who my bio dad is — Regulus Black. Apparently, there's a prophecy about me, and it depicts tragedy and burden for the rest of my life. It's not looking very bright for me."

Kayse held her a little tighter, "We'll worry about that together. For now, let's take it one thing at a time."

Not, what exactly did the prophecy say, or I know you can do this, or anything else. But we'll worry about it together.

That was her favorite thing about him.

Raya made her way down to dinner in a slightly less glum mood.

Down in the basement Mrs. Weasley had hung a scarlet banner over the heavily laden dinner table, which read congratulations ron and hermione — new prefects. She looked in a better mood than Raya had seen her all holiday.

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," she told Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Raya, Kayse, and Ginny as they entered the room. "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled," she added, beaming.

Fred rolled his eyes.

Sirius, Remus, Tonks, and Kingsley Shacklebolt were already there and Mad-Eye Moody stumped in shortly after Raya had got herself a butterbeer.

"Oh, Alastor, I am glad you're here," said Mrs. Weasley brightly, as Mad-Eye shrugged off his traveling cloak. "We've been wanting to ask you for ages — could you have a look in the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what's inside it? We haven't wanted to open it just in case it's something really nasty."

"No problem, Molly..." Moody's electric-blue eye swiveled upward and stared fixedly through the ceiling of the kitchen. "Drawing room..." he growled, as the pupil contracted. "Desk in the corner? Yeah, I see it... Yeah, it's a boggart... Want me to go up and get rid of it, Molly?"

"No, no, I'll do it myself later," beamed Mrs. Weasley. "You have your drink. We're having a little bit of a celebration, actually..." She gestured at the scarlet banner. "Fourth prefect in the family!" she said fondly, ruffling Ron's hair.

"Prefect, eh?" growled Moody. "Well, congratulations! Authority figures always attract trouble, but I suppose Dumbledore thinks you can withstand most major jinxes or he wouldn't have appointed you..."

Ron looked rather startled at this view of the matter but was saved the trouble of responding by the arrival of his father and eldest brother. Mrs. Weasley was in such a good mood she did not even complain that they had brought Mundungus with them too; he was wearing a long overcoat that seemed oddly lumpy in unlikely places and declined the offer to remove it and put it with Moody's traveling cloak.

"Well, I think a toast is in order," said Mr. Weasley, when everyone had a drink. He raised his goblet. "To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor Prefects!"

Ron and Hermione beamed as everyone drank to them and then applauded.

"Kinda wish we were a year behind," Kayse whispered. "Then we'd be a part of this as well."

"Oh please, like your parents didn't throw you a huge party for being Prefect," Raya rolled her eyes.

"I was never a Prefect myself," said Tonks brightly to Raya as everybody moved toward the table to help themselves to food. Her hair was jet-black and waist length today; she looked like Raya's older sister. "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."

"Like what?" Raya asked.

"Like the ability to behave myself," said Tonks.

Raya and Ginny laughed; Hermione looked as though she did not know whether to smile or not and compromised by taking an extra large gulp of butterbeer and choking on it.

"What about you, Sirius?" Ginny asked, thumping Hermione on the back.

Sirius, who was right beside Harry, let out his usual bark like laugh. "No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge."

"I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends," said Remus. "I need scarcely say that I failed dismally."

Ron was rhapsodizing about his new broom to anybody who would listen. "... naught to seventy in ten seconds, not bad, is it? When you think the Comet Two Ninety's only naught to sixty and that's with a decent tailwind according to Which Broomstick?"

Hermione was talking very earnestly to Remus about her view of elf rights. "I mean, it's the same kind of nonsense as werewolf segregation, isn't it? It all stems from this horrible thing wizards have of thinking they're superior to other creatures..."

Mrs. Weasley and Bill were having their usual argument about Bill's hair. "... getting really out of hand, and you're so good-looking, it would look much better shorter, wouldn't it, Raya?"

"Oh — uh, I'm neutral on this matter," Raya said quickly. Truly, it looked nice long, but she didn't want to get on Mrs. Weasley's bad side.

She made her way towards Fred and George, who were huddled in a corner with Mundungus. 

Raya threw her arms over the twins shoulders, "What illegal business are we up to today?"

The twins froze, and Raya realized her joke had been truer than she realized.

"Oh Gods," she muttered. "Well, I'm here now, and curious. Continue with your illegal dealings."

Mundungus didn't look convinced.

"Raya here's one of our top buyers," Fred grinned. "We can trust her. If not, I'll eat my left foot."

"I will never betray you, only because I don't want to see you ever do that," Raya muttered, a little horrified.

"You've gone soft, Raya-bear," George muttered. "You've gone soft."

Mundungus opened his mouth to continue, before freezing again at the sight of Harry. Fred winked at him, beckoning him over.

"It's okay," he told Mundungus, "we can trust Harry too, he's our financial backer."

"And you had to take a minute to trust me?" Raya muttered, offended.

"Don't be offended," Fred patted the top of her head affectionately.

"Look what Dung's gotten us," said George, holding out his hand to Harry and Raya. It was full of what looked like shriveled black pods. A faint rattling noise was coming from them, even though they were completely stationary.

"Venomous Tentacula seeds," Raya raised a brow, recognizing them from one of the Potions she'd been reading?

"Yup! We need them for the Skiving Snackboxes but they're a Class C Non-Tradeable Substance so we've been having a bit of trouble getting hold of them," George told her.

"Ten Galleons the lot, then, Dung?" said Fred.

"Wiv all the trouble I went to to get 'em?" said Mundungus, his saggy, bloodshot eyes stretching even wider. "I'm sorry, lads, but I'm not taking a Knut under twenty."

"Dung likes his little joke," Fred said to Harry and Raya.

"Yeah, his best one so far has been six Sickles for a bag of knarl quills," said George.

"Be careful," Harry warned them quietly.

"What?" said Fred. "Mum's busy cooing over Prefect Ron, we're okay."

"But Moody could have his eye on you," Raya pointed out.

Mundungus looked nervously over his shoulder.

"Good point, that," he grunted. "All right, lads, ten it is, if you'll take 'em quick."

"Cheers, you two!" said Fred delightedly, when Mundungus had emptied his pockets into the twins' outstretched hands and scuttled off toward the food. "We'd better get these upstairs..."

Harry opened his mouth to talk to Raya, but she beat him to it.

"I'll be heading back to the table. Don't want Tonks to eat too much sugar. We share a room," Raya told him, heading off.

She took her seat next to Tonks, smiling along with the conversation. She felt guilty about leaving Harry, but she wasn't sure how long of a conversation she could keep with him before she revealed her true feelings. She cast a sidelong glance at Sirius, who was laughing at something Harry said.

She could only hope it'd get easier.

REY WRITES!

thanks for reading!!

i'm literally so sick and my entire body
hurts, but i'm also annoyed bcz there's
been no snow this year so i shouldn't be sick

thoughts?

comments?

questions?

headcanons?

theories?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

243K 8K 50
❝ 𝙎𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙔, 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙍 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇, I just have to make sure I can still look at you." ❝ 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙄𝘾𝙀, Jackson.❞ ...
1.3M 51.1K 148
In which the group from the past watch how their decisions changed the future. [Book 1- Part 1:Philosopher Stone] [Book 1- Part 2: Lightning Thief] [...
24.7K 1K 12
❝ you're really beautiful, annie, you know that? ❞ ❝ shut your fucking face, castellan. ❞ ━━━━━━ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 . . . 𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ━━━━━━ 𝗿𝗵𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼...
73.2K 3K 36
𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒─── 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧�...