Hold me closer Shadowmancer

By AlphaMC117

If your here, then you've probably already watched the show. but what if we throw in another character, one w... More

Chapter 1: Woe's investigations & a whisp of Shadow
Bio
Chapter 3: Shadow follows Woe in to the Nights deadly shade
Chapter 4: Shadows song and Woes intrigue
Chapter 5: Ye olde Shadow and Woe
Chapter 6: A forest of Shadows and Woe
Chapter 7: A revelation of Shadow and Woe
Chapter 8: A query from Shadow to Woe
Authors Query
Chapter 9; An Excerpt

Chapter 2: The meeting of Shadow and Woe

1.5K 31 2
By AlphaMC117

Midday; the grounds of Nevermore academy.

After leaving Principal Weems office, and having seen Rowan in the flesh, Wednesday went to Dr. Kinbotts office for her required therapy session. Upon returning to Nevermore Academy, she finds her roommate Enid and a few others painting a canoe.

"Ladies, come on! Let's work on those teeth. More scowl. This kitty is taking no prisoners. If Bianca Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out!" Enid said. "I would pay money to see that." Wednesday spoke up. Enid turned around and hopped over to greet Wednesday. "Howdy, roomie! I'm so glad you decided to stay." "I thought you wanted your single room back?" Wednesday asked. "Full disclosure, I don't like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It's a win-win." Enid states, then asks: "So... why the change of heart?" "I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game." "You mean Rowan?" Enid asks incredulously. "I witnessed his murder, Enid." Wednesday insists. "It's just, we all saw him this morning. Very much, like, not dead." Enid argues, skeptical of what Wednesday is telling her. "I know. Which leads me to believe I've been losing my mind. It's not nearly as fun as I had anticipated." Wednesday says, sounding disappointed.

"You're Nevermores gossip queen. What's Rowan's story?" "Other than being a weird loner... Uh... No offense." Enid says. "None taken." Wednesday responds before Enid continues. "Xavier Thorpe's his roommate. If you had a cell phone, you could just text him and ask him." She turns around, back to one of the people painting the canoe. "Yoko. Come on! Flare those whiskers. The Poe Cup droops for no one." "What is the Poe Cup anyway?" Wednesday asks. "My entire reason for living right now." Enid states dramatically. "Part canoe race, part foot chase, no rules. Each dorm has to pick an Edgar Allan Poe short story for inspiration. You could grab a brush. Ms. Thornhill's just ordered pizza. Want to take a stab at being social?" Enid asks, hoping Wednesday will join her. "I do like stabbing." Wednesday says. "The social part, not so much. Besides, it'll cut into my writing time." "No worries." Enid says cheerfully. "Just as long as you're lakeside cheering us to victory on race day." there's an uncomfortable pause where Wednesday just glares at her. "Or you can just glare uncomfortably. Whatever works for you."

That night; Wednesday and Enid's room.

Wednesday sits writing at her typewriter, where she then removes the page she was writing and crumples it, for Thing to then kick it in the trash can. She picks up the torn out page that Rowan showed her, noticing a faded stamp in the top right hand corner. All the while thinking to herself: I've always hated the expression "write what you know." It's a hall pass for the imagination-impaired. But when your life becomes a twisted mystery... maybe it's time to lean into it.

The next morning; Principal Weems office.

Wednesday enters Principal Weems' office abruptly saying: "I need to speak with Rowan. I can't find him." Principal Weems, at work on her computer responds; "It won't be possible, I'm afraid. He's been expelled." "For what?" Wednesday asks. "Never you mind. He'll be on the first train out this afternoon." Principal Weems looks up at Wednesday. "What were you doing out in the woods with him?" "I told you already. I heard a noise, and I went to investigate." Wednesday responds somewhat defensively. Principal Weems scoffs, then speaks up. "That excuse might have placated the sheriff, but you can't fool me." A pregnant pause fills the air. "You had a psychic vision, didn't you?" Wednesday shows no outward reaction. Principal Weems continued."I realized you might be having them when we passed by the accident and you knew that poor farmer had broken his neck. Your mother started having visions around your age. They were notoriously unreliable and dangerous. I remember at first, she thought she might be losing her mind. Have you spoken to her about them?" Wednesday's silence is the only answer needed. "Clearly the person withholding information here is you."

"May I go now?" Wednesday asked. "Not until you've picked your extracurricular activity." Weems responded cheerfully. "We want our students to be well-rounded." "I'd prefer to remain sharp-edged." Wednesday retorts. "I took the liberty of putting together a list of clubs that have openings." Weems continues. "How thoughtful." Wednesday interjects sarcastically. "You need to have picked one by the end of the day. I'll be keeping my eye on you. No doubt you'll find something that tickles your fancy." Weems finishes saying. "The last person who tickled me lost a finger." Wednesday Says before leaving Principal Weems office.

After Wednesday left, Principal Weems checked the time, seeing that Mr. Umbran would be arriving shortly to begin his stay at Nevermore. Getting up from behind her desk, she left her office and followed the same path that Wednesday took to get to the courtyard as that was where he was to arrive at exactly 10 o'clock sharp.

Moments later; Nevermores courtyard.

In one of the covered walks that surround the courtyard, Wednesday talks to thing before venturing to examine the first possible extracurricular club on the list she must choose from

"Weems is clearly trying to keep tabs on me." Wednesday says to Thing. "Keep an eye on Rowan. Don't let your fingers out of his sight." After Thing scampers off after Rowan, Wednesday heads out into the courtyard where Bianca Barclay is conducting the quire group.

As Wednesday approaches, the choir singers can be heard singing warm ups. As Wednesday comes up next to Bianca, she turns to her. "Weems said you'd be stopping by." Bianca said. "But to be honest, after your performance at the Harvest Festival, drama club might be more your speed." "After I passed out, who did you tell? The sheriff?" Wednesday asks, ignoring her. "You think I'd trust normie cops? I went straight to Weems and let her handle it." Bianca responds. "Anyway, let's get this audition over with. What are you? Alto, soprano or just loco?" Bianca says, as the chorus chuckles in the background.

Before any auditions can take place however, Principal Weems marches out into the courtyard rather quickly, and stops a short distance away from the edge of the fountain. "Principal Weems, what are you doing out here?" Bianca asks. Ignoring her, Principal Weems turns to the chorus. "You may want to move away from the fountain." They look at her confused and unaware of what's going on. Weems pulls out a pocket watch. "He should be here any minute." she says. "Who should?" Wednesday asks, just as confused about what's going on. "Nevermores newest student, our second late starter this year, and your new peer." Bianca and Wednesday are no less confused than they were before. Now Principal Weems looks at her pocket watch and says: "He'll be here in 3, 2, and... 1!" She finishes counting and looks up just in time to see a black portal that looks as though it's made of condensed shadow open about 6 feet above the fountain. Several people step back in surprise while Principal Weems just smiles, as a moment later a boy who looks to be about her age, Wednesday notes, drops through the portal and lands in the fountain basin standing, and is clad in a pair of tall rubber gaiters.

With a head of short cut hair the color of dark chocolate, and dressed in a grey and black version of the Nevermore academy uniform, similar to Wednesdays, except for the Academy's crest which is still in color, he carries with him a large black briefcase and a long thin box, which Wednesday recognizes as a sword case. Looking around, he speaks up. "I didn't know I'd have an audience for my arrival." looking down, he notices he's in a fountain and smiles. "Ha! Finally, Wearing these while portaling paid off!" he says before walking to the edge and stepping out of the fountain.

Stepping out, he finds himself right in front of Principal Weems, Wednesday, and Bianca. As the people in the crowd talk amongst each other as to who he is, he sets down his two case's, and introduces himself. "Principal Weems it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person, I am Yenneric Umbran." He finishes saying with a smile, extending his hand for her to shake. "It is a pleasure to have you joining us at Nevermore Mr. Umbran" Weems says, shaking hands with her newest student. After shaking hands with Principal Weems, he notices a girl in a uniform that, like his, is not the school blue, but grey and Black the same coloring as his, and decides to introduce himself. "Hello, my name is Yenneric Umbran, although i would prefer if you just call me Yen." he says. "Wednesday, Wednesday Addams." Wednesday responds blankly. "Is your uniform's color choice or necessity?" Yen asked out of curiosity. "Necessity." Wednesday responds. "I'm allergic to color." "Well you pull off black and white quite well." Yen says only partly joking. "I'm not allergic myself, just thought the blue was a bit Gaudy." he says, cracking a wry smile. "Mr. Umbran." Principal Weems says to get Yen's attention. He turns to her. "Yes, yes, best be off to settle in." He says understandingly. Turning back to Wednesday. "Well, it was a pleasure meeting you Wednesday, I do hope to see you around nevermore." Wednesday stares at him just now noticing his black eyes. Interesting, she thinks to herself before responding. "As do I." Yen smiles somewhat wolfishly before slightly bowing his shoulder and spreading out his arms, saying: "then until we meet again Ms. Addams." Turning back to Principal Weems. "If you would be so kind as to show me to my room?" "Of course." Weems says. "If you'll follow me." Yen picks up his two cases and proceeds to follow Principal Weems to where he'll be living during his time at Nevermore.

Minutes later; Outside Yen's new room

Originally Yen was going to end up sharing a room with Xavier. Because Rowan had just been expelled that morning and would be gone before the day was done, it seemed like the most logical course of action. However it turned out that Xavier and Yenneric had a near instant disdain for each other, so to avoid conflict, Yen was put up in the only other room available, a single resident room at the top of the tower on the opposite side of the courtyard from Wednesday and Enid's room. Entering his new room, Yen walks over to his new bed and set down both of his cases. Entering his new room, Yen walked over to his new bed and set down both of his cases. Opening his Briefcase, and started putting the clothes he had brought in the armoire and dresser that were already in the room. Stepping back to the entrance of the door, Yen took a moment to take a look around the room and see what he had to work with.

It was about what he was expecting, though to be honest it was smaller than he would've liked, But seeing as he wouldn't be spending the majority of his time here, he was less than concerned about it. It had a bed, a fireplace, places to put books and nick-nacks, a built-in desk, a place for his clothes, and even a shelf that would be big enough for his Rapier and his violin. After all of his clothes were put away, he opened a portal big enough for his arm to reach through. From it, he pulled his books, a few odds and ends, a couple of enchanted objects that may come in handy, and finally, he reached in one last time and retrieved his Violin, a number made of ebony wood with metal silver flame on the opposite of the cheek pad. It had just been 30 minutes since he had last seen it, but it was always emotional to feel the dark polished wood, and hear the silver strings that had always sung true since the very first day he got it. Moving over to the window, he looked out and saw the bustling grounds of nevermore beyond the wall, where the people who were competing for the Poe cup were working on their canoes.

This just may be my most interesting adventure yet. He thought to himself, donning an amused grin.

The fun was just beginning. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 8.8K 42
When a deliciously wicked prank gets Wednesday expelled, his parents ship him off to Nevermore Academy, the boarding school where they fell in love...
10.2K 162 28
just recently finished Wednesday, and Wenclair is my current obsession. just saying the canon ships are boring af. Anyway, this story will take place...
22.3K 670 23
Morticia Addams, the newly appointed principal of Nevermore has decided to enroll her son, Pugsley and (Y/N) into Nevermore so that the family would...
9.4K 449 6
[Male! Wednesday x fem! reader] *Formerly: What Iron Kills It's another year at Nevermore Academy for Y/N. And at first, it seems like it's just goin...