Cross My Heart And Hope To Die

By Colly_Mathiam

When Adrien heard news of Bella's accident, he didn't let a second pass and went straight to Forks. It seems... More

Just for reference
The Clumsy Swan
Two is better than One
Tall Trees
The Forethought
Some People Leave
Anything but Human
Not yet
A secret to die for
And so it goes
Thats a bad Idea.
Shifting
Everybody could kill
Swans in Italy
It will
Visitors in town

Nightmare

971 36 4
By Colly_Mathiam

Just like any weekend, Charlie cooks breakfast whenever he can, and gets a surprise visit from Leah.

"Come on in, would you like some toast? Cereal? Or whatever they feed you there?"

"No thanks chief swan." She waits for Adrien but he was just as surprised.

"Leah- uhm whats up?"

"Well today I've decided to take a different approach." she announces making Charlie curious of whatever these kids are up to. "I'll, I'll just wait for you outside."

Adrien lets out a bit of laughter which charlie caught him off guard. Although its nice to see his son getting along well with Leah, it just makes him think of Adrien's relationship with his fiance. Something that Adrien had forgot to mention to his dad, well because he didn't want to worry him with his business, as his ex fiance's family are one of his main investors, and he had been holding up for a couple of months now.

"I'm just saying, make clear boundaries. Leah is a good kid."

"I know."

"Anyway, make sure Bella eats some food, I'll be heading to the station we're gonna do some rounds for the animal."

Adrien stretches before he runs and Leah just follows him around chatting nonstop, though its nice to have a bit of company today, they pass by the spot where Rosalie would usually sneak on him. Its been weeks since their absence. It'll turn into some getting used to.

Leah notices Adrien was falling behind on the run, and sees him suddenly on the ground trying to ease the pain on his limbs.

"What are you an old man?" Leah disappointedly remarks but he  couldn't stand on his own. When Rosalie appears to help him up but not gracefully.

"Unusual to see you with this one." Rosalie points her head at Leah offensively. "This proxomity is too close. I prefer if you take a few steps backwards."

Territorial.

"Rosalie stop." Adrien tells her but Leah didn't even want to hear ant of them. She just leaves. "Great great." Adrien slowly regains control of himself just as Rosalie stiffens.

"A vampire." Rosalie pushes Adrien to the ground and she drifts away to join her family with the chasing.

But Adrien's thoughts goes to Leah, who just wandered by herself. He runs the different direction to Rosalie but she can't help him now.

In the farther side, Leah is bickering with herself about Adrien and Rosalie and Sam and Emily. Hearing footsteps from behind her.

"Stop following me Adrien, I swear I'm gonna punch you so hard-" turning she sees a red head go straight for her pushes her down confused and feeling betrayed by her scent, not the one she was intending to kill, but before she can strike again, he is countered by Adrien, oddly a human, she had seen him before. Observed him. He has some kind of drive in him. Jumping over him, she whispers.

"You're-"
"Yes. And you're the Swan who has guts. I'll tell you, why don't we make a deal?" Clearly Adrien is not gonna listen to a red head who wants his sister dead but something makes him pay attention to her. Is it her tantalazing eyes? "I can sense you've lost someone dear to you so you know the feeling. Revenge is not yet on your list bit trust me sooner or later it'll show. All I'm asking- is just any of the vegetarian's head. And I'll keep my word I won't hurt Bella."

"How do I know you won't hurt her?"
"Darling, you're the better one, I wouldn't want to stain our relationship now. You're much valuable." Adrien grows confused but they get cut by the low growls.

Then jumps a wolf. Bigger than a bear. Definitely the animal who had caused some destruction on the forest, killings are debatable. But it didn't seem to attack humans, so theres that. The wolf makes sure he is in between the human and the vampire. Victoria is challenged but amused especially hearing the Cullens headed her way. He takes one last look on Adrien before she flees.

They both anticipate something coming out of the bushes and so it did a big wolf with two more on the sides. As it passes thru Leah making eye contact, its attention goes to the Vampire and they chase her off and on the other side Adrien sees the Cullen backing them up from a distance.

"Hey are you alright?" He asks checking for any injuries.

"I don't know." She is still shocked. Trying to get a grasp, her hands shaking. "Sam.."

Whats that he's feeling a bit of uneasiness, why would she mention Sam.

"Sam is-" Leah is holding back her tears "here."

"Let me take you home." Sam said standing over them. He takes Leah. And they emerge heading straight to the Reservation cabins. One particular unhappy person would be Jacob and his friends, who whilst is fond of Adrien, couldn't stand how cool he looks being part of the Sam's clique. But Jacob sees Leah in a state.

Sue takes her daughter in, while Harry gives a word to Adrien. The kids reactions shows that they've seen more than they could comprehend. Harry assures Adrien that everything is merely an imagination, a hallucination brought up by fear.

"Thank you Sam." Harry said, but Adrien just couldn't think of why would Harry be so greatful of this guy, the same guy who broke his little girl's heart. He shakes it off.

Jacob catches up to him. Like a nozy kid.

"She'll be okay. Trust me by tomorrow she'll be terrorizing everyone with her sarcasm." He goes for it. "Is Bella home?" He hopes.

"She is." Adrien says though a bit of hesitation on Jacob. "But I don't think now is a good time."

"Oh."

"Tomorrow's her birthday though. Get her something nice and simple."

"Yeah sure. Got it." He runs off to do some errand.

Adrien couldn't fathom how Edward's car is just parked outside. Oh and the windows. All opened. He gives up with this one.

Entering their house and entering Bella's room whilst knowing Edward is there.

"Knock!" Bella yells at him.

"It's school day." He glares at Edward. Who gets the memo.

Edward smiles having something on Adrien once again. "Sometimes you let yourself off guard." He flees.

-----

In the void, slowly lighting up. Bella felt a cold hand clutched with hers. She looks up to see Adrien, they were still kids. The moment she blinked, Adrien disappeared by her side. "Bella? Bella?" She looks around finding that voice. It's Adrien's but it sounded more grown. She sees herself in her current age. Then turning to see Charlie bleeding to death being eaten by Carlisle and Esme. She hears the speed of the arrow striking Edward in the skull. Killing him in an instant. But now the other Cullen members chase Adrien, and once they got to him, they devour him. And he wails. "See what you've done!?"

"And she's up! Happy Birthday Bells!" Adrien pops the confetti as Charlie lowers the cake to Bella. She seemed appreciative though not a good dream for a birthday. They hand her their gifts. Charlie and Rene gives her a camera. And Adrien exclaims that being his sister is the best gift she can ever have.

Though no time to eat the cake. Not for breakfast. They stuff it back to the freezer and Bella needs to go to school still.

Bella was quiet in the car and Adrien wasn't having it.

"Come on. It's your day! Be a little more alive!"

"What's so fun about aging up. It's only a year closing to death." She looks at him pained, "no offense."

"Non taken." They laugh. But Adrien changes mood when he sees Edward was already waiting for Bella at the parking lot.

And to make it worse, the other three was also there. He parks far off from the school. Wanting to avoid the vampires eyes.

"You alright?" Bella asks.
"Yeah. Just a bit drained from yesterday's turn of events." He jokes. Thought Bella knows that Adrien had come face to face with Victoria but Edward did not disclose the whole thing. She didn't ask much either afraid of what she might find out.

He sees from his mirror as Alice hugs Bella. And Jasper was always so close to Alice.

"Just one. She wanted just one." He tells himself. Singling a Cullen out from his view.

Alice would be the hardest, she can predict things. Tho sometimes there are discrepancies and for sure Alice isn't the kind to kill a human just because. Jasper is out of the list. Rosalie, well, she'll do.

"Happy birthday Bella! And by the way the green dress you'll wear tonight is very pretty! The color looks good on you!" Bella even wondered why is she surprised.

But Edward's attention get pulled off when Jacob arrives, with his own gift, a dream catcher.

"Your brother told me," Jacob saves the day.

"Thanks, I kinda need this right now."

---
And just like that, Adrien sees Bella come down on the stairs with a green dress on like what Alice had said.

"Tell me again why should I go to a house full of vampires."
"First because it's my birthday, Second, Alice told me you've been there before. And I would really appreciate it if you can extend an effort to get to know them more."
"It seems that I'm the only open book? Or will I be served as the main dish?"

Everyone is in awkward silence as the Swan siblings arrive at the Cullens residence.

"Alice. We should not have invited Adrien. It's too dangerous." Edward warns her being too friendly.

"I'm sure you can just hold him by his collar if he tries anything trippy." Rosalie mocks him. She's in for the show.

"He's going either way." She allows him to her visions. It's Adrien being invited, or him spying on them and still being caught so they eventually just invite him in. Alice thought he should atleast be able to keep his dignity. She raises her brow.

And a way to change his perception about vampires. "We've been judged enough on his side, you should be getting along with him, he's as special as Bella." Just as Alice opens the door with a welcoming smile.

Adrien stood quietly in the corner. And Rosalie goes to him.

"I know you've decided already." Adrien was caught off guard. Once again. "But. Just know, I was able to kill seven men. I wouldn't mind making my record eight." He felt her smirk even without looking.

"Then who's head do you suggest?"

Alice gets a few visions but it was a blur when Edward tries to decode it. She could only look at Adrien surprised of the choices he had made as she pass Bella her gifts. "Sorry for the mess, years of walking the earth but I still haven't found the art of wrapping a gift." She smiles nervously.

"Ow!",
"Hey, are you alright." Edward leans in to see a small paper cut. Everyone panics and  sees Jasper failing to prevent himself lunging in. Everyone acts as fast as they can. Edward, Carlisle, and Rosalie tries to rein in Jasper, and Adrien goes in between them and Bella.

"Let's go." It was an order and he wasn't gonna let Bella be stubborn about this one. Edward agrees they leave. He takes her by the wrist and despite the tight grip due to panic, and Edward wanting to go to her, he knew too well, that this was all for the greater good.

Alice looks Edward straight in the eye. "Everything is shifting." Jasper tries to fight them off, and he was strong due to being the longest one exposed to human blood diet. "You have to understand Ed, this needed to happen.". He wanted to chase her. He wanted to run away with her. But he needed to stay back for as long as he could.

"Ade, we need to go back."
"No way, Bells. Not this time."
"Jasper won't hurt me."
"Are you blind? He literally tried to lunge at you. Any minute longer there and two siblings would be on the news of another animal attack."

But to make matters worst that night Adrien sees Edward outside.

"I'm actually here to talk to you." Surprisingly. "I'm sorry. My family is sorry, for putting your family in danger. We try our best. But you're right. We are monsters." He pauses for awhile trying to find courage. "I'll be living Bella alone. And don't worry this time. Victoria wanted anyone close to me dead. So I'll do the honor to keep everyone safe."

"This is long overdue." Adrien notes and Edward only nods at him thankful for his non aggressive response. First time they understood each other as a matter of fact. The only moment Adrien might've appreciated Edward.

Edward looks up Bella's window as if asking for permission to say goodbye. It seemed that both men understood what was to happen.

"Bella." Edward leans in for a tight hug.

"I was worried. How's Jasper?"
"You're asking about him? How are you?" Edward gaze upon her, there was fear especially with her brother witnessing everything she had hoped would never happen.

She shows him the bandaged paper cut.

"A small incident that changes everything." He sadly smiles. "I want you safe Bella." He wants to kiss her but that would only make things harder. Instead he stayed beside her until she fell asleep until everything was at peace.

And when tomorrow comes,
it'll be like
he never existed.

A/N;
I feel like there might have been some relapse but whatever! Hahaha, don't foeget to give it a star a comment and be nice! In this chapter, I'm kinda feeling a bit of Adrien x Edward what why, I dont know not in a sexual way. But rather like their understanding along with their hate of each other kind of deepens something like that, and how Leah is slowly being opened to the world of the myths and legends, or more like Adrien having second thoughts if he wants to be a good guy or a bad guy. Yeah. Is there a lot of going on here? Yes there is. So leave a comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 23.6K 22
After a night (Y/N) (L/N) was attacked by a monster of some sort, things were never going to be the same. In order to gain control of herself, she mu...
201K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
70.2K 1.4K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...