"Choose me, Miss Producer!"...

By EmmasDreamHub

You're near the end of your second year at Yumenosaki Academy's producer course and also very good friends wi... More

Short Notice
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
[Mika] Chapter IV
[Shu] Chapter IV
[Mika] Chapter V (ending no.1)
[Mika] Chapter V (ending no.2)
[Shu] Chapter V (ending no.1)
[Shu] Chapter V (ending no.2)
Mika: Christmas Aftermath
[CLOSED] Voting poll: Marriage?
Bonus Fill-In Chapter
[Mika] Our New Beginning
[Shu] Our New Beginning

Shu: Christmas Aftermath

192 5 2
By EmmasDreamHub

Here you go guys, as promised - your favorite Christmas mood aftermath chapters! Merry Christmas (Happy New Year's Eve, actually) to all my readers out there and may 2023 bring you some fine romance alike the one you've read in this book! Lots of love,

Emmiko <3

______________________________________

You exhaled a warm breath, creating a small cloud of steam in the freezing cold air. With your jacket tightly wrapped around your body, you stood next to the luggage which Shu had just pulled out of the taxi's trunk as he was paying for the ride. You glanced around, unfamiliar with the environment.

The old and unique roman architecture rose around you, and it took you a few moments to notice the monument you had been looking for – the Eiffel Tower. Beneath your feet and covered by a thick layer of snow was Paris, the city of Light, also known for it being one of the most romantic places a couple could visit.

After the late-spring gala when you and Shu proclaimed your feelings for each other, you two began hanging out more often than before. Although back then you were still 17 while Shu was 19, so you were slightly hesitant to date before your eighteenth birthday which luckily occurred in July.

Even now, five months later, you vividly remember how Shu helped you plan your eighteenth birthday party and at the end of the night asked you for an official relationship. Your eyes beamed in joy when you gladly accepted and then a slow and loving kiss followed, as if to seal the promise.

You still had one more year left of studies in Yumenosaki Academy's producer course so you still weren't free to do whatever or simply abandon schooling, especially when there was supposed to be a Winter Fest organized by the school. The Summer Fest that you had organized this past summer was an absolute blast so Eichi had planned to hire you again as an organizer for the winter one as well, but Shu was faster.

Before Eichi even had a chance to contact you about any information concerning the concert, Shu had asked you if you'd like to spend your Christmas holiday with him. Since he was your boyfriend and you were madly in love with him, you instantly agreed, even forgetting to ask for any details.

Your brain automatically registered that Shu wanted to spend Christmas Eve with you while huddled together under a blanket with hot cocoa in your hands and watching some of those cute Christmas movies, but turned out Shu had a completely different idea, which involved-

"So, how do you like what you've seen of Paris so far?" – you heard Shu's voice from behind, thus dissipating your thoughts. You turned around to see him take a deep breath of cold air. "Ah, it's been quite long since I last visited here."

You cracked an amused smile. "I can tell. You couldn't stop excitedly pointing out buildings and fashion boutiques the whole time as we drove around."

"Oh, shush." – he rolled his eyes which sparkled with joy and grabbed the handle of his suitcase. "Never mind, let's just go inside and warm up a little. A cup of tea would do me good. How about you?"

"Mhm, sure." – you mumbled under your breath as you followed him in step while pulling your own suitcase behind. Your eyes couldn't get enough of the pretty view around you. You never knew that Paris looked so majestic in winter.

It appeared that the taxi had left you both right before where you were staying, since Shu led you across a small simple and maintained garden towards an older and authentic building. He opened the door and you entered a luxurious hall tiled with marble and overlaid with a red carpet. You gaped at the expensive interior as if made for royalties while you boarded the antique elevator. It looked rusty and yet was in perfect shape, smoothly elevating the two of you up to the fifth floor.

Once it arrived at the fifth floor, Shu pushed the door of the elevator open and continued down the hall, stopping in front of a modern wooden door. He shoved his hand in the pocket of his coat, taking out a pair of keys and unlocking both locks securing the entrance.

A wave of warmth and slight scent of gingerbread hit you in the face the moment you opened the door and you noticed the previously tense expression on Shu's face had been replaced with a small smile. You walked in and looked around yourself.

The room was completely Shu-styled, with cream-colored sofas, a small coffee table, white and light curtains, cream-colored walls to match the rest of the furniture and soft plush carpets. The design was rather simple but the colors and furniture pieces perfectly matched so it looked incredible, with a tinge of color brought by ornaments here and there.

However, it was obvious that someone had taken their time carefully decorating the apartment, because a big Christmas tree was positioned in one of the living room's corners, right next to a grand black piano. It was adorned with crimson red and glittery gold round ornaments and with a shiny golden star on the top. The room also had a few socks hung over above the fireplace and a garland on the door to the hallway which supposedly led to the rest of the apartment.

"Woah..." – you blinked in attempt to take in the magnificent view. "There's no way you rented this- I can't even imagine how much you paid for it, just so that we can stay here for a week...!"

Shu's laughter echoed in the quiet apartment. "I didn't rent it," – he said as he comfortably laid on the sofa after taking his shoes off. "It's mine."

You stared at him. "Yours?"

"Well of course. My parents live and work here and they have a few apartments around Paris. They live in one of them, one was given to me, one is promised to Rose and they're renting the last one."

You raised a finger for each apartment Shu numbered and now you had four fingers up in total. Your brain quickly ran through the calculations and you widened your eyes at the approximate sum of money which popped up in your head.

"Never mind," – you shook it off and neared the Christmas tree. "It's so beautifully decorated though."

"I think that was Rose's doing."

"You think?"

Shu pointed at a note left on the coffee table right next to a plate full of gingerbread cookies, something you didn't notice before due to the wave of excitement and amazement. You picked the note up and read its contents:

Cher Shu et Y/n,
je suis tr
ès désolé pour la façon dont j'ai agi au gala. Vous ne méritiez pas ce genre de comportement. Alors, apprenant que vous viendriez ici pour les vacances, j'ai décidé de décorer l'appartement pour vous. Comme moyen de vous rattraper. Excuses sincères,
votre sœur et amie Rose.

You furrowed your eyebrows after you skimmed through the letter's contents. "Umm, Shu?"

He looked at you in await of what you'd say next. "It's in French. I'm not familiar with the language. Can you translate it for me please?"

Shu started laughing and took the letter from your extended hand towards him, quickly reading its contents while you, flustered, didn't stop pouting. "What do you think I am? I've never learned French in my life! Plus, why is Rose even writing in that language?!"

Shu kept on giggling and you swung your hand towards him in attempt to smack him on the head. Although to your surprise, he caught it and pulled you towards himself. You lost your balance and fell on top of him, your hands and knees ending up each at his sides, thus pinning him to the couch. The position looked quite suggestive in third person, and you suddenly became aware of it.

"Oh?" – a smirk flew over Shu's lips. "Pulling some moves on me, I see?"

"SHUT UP! It was you who pulled me first anyway!"

Since when has he become such a flirt?! Or could this the actual personality he hides from the rest of the world...?

You averted your gaze to the side, flustered. "Whatever... just tell me what Rose wrote in the letter."

"Well in short, she is very sorry about her behavior back at the gala but knowing her big ass ego, it's an actual surprise she decided to even apologize. It's probably the Christmas spirit or something. She heard that we'd be coming here for the holidays and wanted to make it up to you, especially because that was your first encounter and she apparently thought she had left a bad impression, so she decided to decorate the house as an apology and I see leave some gingerbread as well."

You sat next to Shu, processing the information. "It must be nice having such a caring sister."

"Pfft, yeah right," – he snorted in disagreement, though a light smile hovered on his lips. "So caring that she decided to apologize seven months later. (Not that I don't appreciate it though)" – he mumbled as he stood up and walked over to the open kitchen area.

As Shu rattled through the kitchen cabinets, you walked over to the small balcony hidden behind the slim layer of elegant curtains which you pushed aside to gain a full view. Surprisingly enough, most of the buildings nearby weren't as tall as those in your own city and in front of you expanded a horizon of Parisian black roofs and the Eiffel Tower itself a few rows behind.

"Shu!" – you exclaimed in surprise. "Is your apartment really that close to the Eiffel Tower?"

"Mhm."

"Can we go and see it?"

"Of course we'll go and see it! It's Paris' most famous monument, I wouldn't miss showing it to you for anything in the world."

"But I meant right now."

Shu's head rose from behind the cabinet's open door. "Right now?"

You nodded your head with a smile. "Yes."

Shu stared blankly in front of him, many thoughts racing behind his purple eyes. "Alright." – he agreed in the end. "Let's go."

About ten minutes later, the two of you held hands and walked down the sideway in the direction of the Eiffel Tower. You had snuggled your head in the fur of your jacket and wondered how Shu remained warm even with just his fashionable coat on. The air was so cold that you breathed into your scarf instead of breathing directly.

"Are you sure you don't want to get something to eat first? Last thing we ate was that cheap pastry on the plane, when we should've eaten lunch." – Shu's worried eyes met yours.

You two had left approximately a day ago from Japan, with the direct flight you took lasting twenty hours and a half. Most of the food you ate was pastry or the homemade croissants Shu had prepared ahead of time. Although, now that you arrived in Paris you had more appetite for its cultural treasure rather than food.

The night had already stepped in when the plane landed, but that didn't stop you from wanting to take a stroll around with your boyfriend. It was barely seven o'clock, and yet the streets were completely empty, just a few passersby here and there.

"Nooo, I'm not hungry," – you quickly denied and held onto Shu's hand tighter – "although we can stop somewhere in case you want to eat."

Shu swung his head, refusing the offer. "I just worry that you don't starve yourself, that's all."

A small chuckle escaped your lips.

Aww, that's so cute.

Suddenly you realized that you had reached the end of the street and now a nicely organized huge park spread before you, with the grand Eiffel Tower glowing in its center. Shu led you along the park's pathways, the snow beneath your feet crunching and the snowflakes flying into your face.

The streets of Paris were decorated with millions of small light bulbs and Christmas decorations hung everywhere from the street lights. It was almost as if you could hear bells and the sound of the snowflakes as they danced across the sky, ending up entangled in your and Shu's hair.

The whole atmosphere stirred something within your heart; a mild feeling of happiness awakened and you smiled whole heartedly, sniffing from the cold air. Your nose and hands felt frozen, even though you wore both gloves and a scarf.

Suddenly, you felt Shu lean into you and a comforting warmth spread on the tip of your nose, the frozen sensation being melted away. Shu slowly moved his lips away, those rosy lips which would always tempt you so badly. He gazed at you affectionately, as if you were a present sent to him by the Christmas Angels or something.

His arms enveloped you in a loving embrace and his breath tickled your face which had a constant cozy smile plastered all over. You slightly elevated yourself on your feet and planted a kiss on Shu's forehead in return.

"Is this a game that you're starting, or am I just making up patterns myself?" – his voice sounded muffled when he spoke, with his mouth pushed into your scarf.

After a few moments of silence and you calculating every possible outcome, you lowered the scarf covering your mouth. "Take it as you will."

Shu didn't waste time and pressed his mouth onto yours, spreading a warm sensation through the soft touch. And though the weather was cold, you could barely feel it now that you gave in into the kiss. The impact of love that you felt on your lips and your body rose and you realized that it's the last thing you'd like to lose.

And though you could not see the stars due to the clouds above, you felt their magic that night. That long and fulfilling night, which soon became your number one... ever.

P.S. remember to check for a Valentine's special near the 14th February ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.4K 44
Jean and (y/n) have been friends since training but after Marco's death, they're drawn even closer to one another. But will a relationship survive th...
25.1K 678 6
"๐‘ฑ๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’‡๐’–๐’„๐’Œ ๐’–๐’‘ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’• ๐’๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’… ๐’”๐’Š๐’…๐’†. ๐‘ถ๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’…๐’, ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ." ๐•๐š๏ฟฝ...
339K 10.8K 40
"And, you're a..male?" "Isn't it obvious?" I spat. I knew I'd have to work under the Noblemen's son's order but, why'd he expect a female? A maid? H...