The Business Contract

By quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssss‼️‼️

Chapter 27

1.5K 85 5
By quengdem

R.J. POV

I had just got home with Anais when I received the phone call from Trina.

"I know you told me to take tomorrow off." She sniffles. And I hear sirens on her end.

"Is something going on? I hear police sirens." I ask.

"Yeah...I think I will need the next week off sir. Someone broke into my house and destroyed it."  She tells me through her tears.

I hate that she's crying. I hated when she cried in Cincinnati and I hate it now.

"Send me your location." I say as I put my car in reverse backing out of my garage.

"N-no, you don't have to come. I just wanted to let you know. I've called my parents already." She tries to reassure me.

"Trina, send me the location." I say with a stricter tone.

"Daddy where are we going?" Anais asks.

"I'm gonna take you back to Gigi's for a little bit, ok?" I answer my sweet darling.

"I sent it sir." Trina says the same time as my phone buzzes with the notification.

"Got it be there in a few." I say before hanging up.

"Daddy you just came back home. Why are you leaving me again?" She asks with a quiver in her voice.

"No, no Anais not you too baby..." I stop the car to turn to her.

"I don't want to go to Gigi's daddy, I miss you!" She cries.

My heart.

"Come here sweet pea." I gesture to her as she unbuckles and comes to me. "I won't be gone long. I just want to check on a friend. I care about her deeply and I want to make sure she is okay."

"Can't I come with you?" She asks

"If it were under different circumstances, I would have loved to bring you baby." I watch as her shoulders droop down.

"But I promise to bring you along on one of my next adventures and you can meet my special friend." I say to her smiling as she perks back up.

"Okay daddy, deal." She smiles sitting back in her seat and buckling back up as I drive on. "

"But!" She adds " you have to take me and your friend shopping and ice cream" she bargains.

Anais knows she has me wrapped around her little fingers.

"Fine!" I say in a defeated tone "deal!"

"Yay!" She squeals.

——————————————————————

Trina lives about 20 minutes from my parents place.

So she lives about 25ish minutes from me. This is a pretty decent neighborhood too.

As I get closer to the destination the number of cop cars and small grouping of people give her house away. 

As I pull up they have the yellow tape out and they aren't letting anyone in. There is a reporter and her camera man outside of the house as well so I avoid her line of view as I dial up Trina's number.

Where I was standing I could see her at the top of her steps talking to a detective along with Yura and Jhene.

"Hello, are you out here?" She asks as I see her looking out towards the crowd.

"Yes I'm over to the left." I say as she looks in my direction then she and the detective walk over to me.

"Hello Mr. Jacobs, I'm Detective Howard." She says.

"Nice to meet you." I say as I shake her hand.

Detective Howard notices the crowd gaining and more reporters showing up.
"Let's head inside before it becomes a shit show out here."

We nod and follow going inside.
———————————————————————

As I step inside I gasp as I see how Trina's once beautiful house was completely destroyed.  As I step on glass shards as we walk to her dining room.

"Oh my God Trina!" I look at her wide eyed.

She just looks at me nodding her head with tight lips as Yura rubs her arm.

"Would you like to tell him Ms. McMillan or should I?" The detective asks.

"I'll just show him." She answers looking at me. "Follow me please." She grabs my hand tightly as if I might disappear. Walking me through her destroyed living room down a hallway that seemed to be once nicely decorated but was now smudged, destroyed with glass shards and broke picture frames.

And there I see it ...
No I'm not talking about the toys. But the writing on the wall.

WHERE DID YOU GO YOU BITCH!? YOU CANT RUN FROM ME! AND YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME, BUT I'LL ALWAYS FIND YOU. ALWAYS!!!

Reading this sent chills down my spine and made me think of the 'phone bomb' incident a few weeks back.

Could this be mafia related? Who's after Trina too...?

As I look at Trina's shaken demeanor I became pissed. My once strong, managerial, boss woman CFO now looks so weak and I don't have a culprit to beat the shit out of for her.

I pull her into me tightly holding her as she buries her face in my shirt.

"What about her alarm and security cameras, why wasn't the police notified when the break in happened?" I begun drilling the detective with questions.

"The cameras are fakes..." she answers "it seems that whoever installed these cameras for Trina was a fraud... maybe the stalker themselves." She implies but Trina jumps in.

"NO! We will not be victim blaming!" Trina interrupts the detective.

"No I wasn-." the detective begins again but Trina isn't having it.

"I know for a fact that I called x company to come and install my cameras and update my alarm system!" She then frantically goes to her laptop to retrieve her call logs.
"I was even informed that A man named Josh would come to do my install and a man with the name tag Josh showed up!"

"Ok, do you remember his face?" The humbled detective asks.

"A bit, yes." She says.

"Ok ." She waved for a lady to come over "This is Agnes and she's one of our artist she will draw his face exactly how you describe it."

Trina and the artist go and sits as she describes the man to her and the woman draws.

I stand beside Yura. "How long has she been stalked for?"

"It's been about a month or so. At first it was just pictures popping up at her office. And it was picture of her at home." Yura states.

They were coming to the office!?

"Then this happened. And in my opinion this is a huge jump in stalking. My only thoughts is that he freaked out when she wasn't here for the weekend since Trina has a pretty stable and set schedule she does everyday."

"The bad part is that if the bastard is this good. He could possibly be near and we not even know it." Jhené says while peeking out the window at the large crowd outside Trina's house.

"Alright we have a suspect drawing we'll get it colored and posted everywhere to bring him in." The detective and the artist says before her and all the other cops and forensics leave. "We'll get rid of the crowd so just hang tight." And they close the door behind them.

"Trina you can come stay with me tonight if you'd like." Yura volunteers.

She doesn't say anything she just goes to her linen closet and gets a broom and starts sweeping.

"Trin-..." Jhené says as she watches her friend sweet the glass shards.

I walk over to her placing my hand gently over the broom and taking it from her hands and begin sweeping as Jhené grabs a trash bag and begins picking up the broken picture frames.

"You guys you- you don't have to help me... it's really okay..." Trina says while choking back tears.

"We do!" Yura says as she kisses Trina's wet cheek before grabbing a bucket of water and a rag and heading to the hallway to scrub away the smudge on her walls.

I want to be her everything...
And we will find whoever done this and handle them.

——————————————————————————————————————————
A/N: Whew!!! This chapter I feel was an emotional one for Trina. But I wanted to show it through Ross point of view. As you can see he is numb to what's happening to keep from raging. But seeing Trina not be her usual self is painful to him.
Who do y'all think did it? Do you think the incidents are related or do they have different enemies with the same agenda?

If you liked this longer chapter don't forget to
⭐️💬🗣️
-chuu 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 15.6K 30
*Disclaimer* This is my first story ever. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I'll do my best! "Why me?" she asked. I looked again into her mesmeri...
4.4M 155K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
758K 25.7K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
427K 17.3K 44
(BWWM) "You fucking asshole. Just who do you think you are!" I gave him an open handed slap across the face. He glared at me stunned, It was clear...