Arshi FF: Entwined Souls

Por polymath_land

#17 in freedom out of 15.7K Stories - as of 29/12/2022 Khushi is a kind soul and always loved enjoying her fr... Más

Disclaimer & Blurb
Trigger Warning
Prologue
1. Fashion Gala
2. Fantasy
3. Real
5. Moments of Serendipity!
6. Not meant to be
7. Attack
8. Happy Day?
9. He knew!
10. Until it lasted
11. Drama
12. Khushi in RM

4. Innocent?

551 104 28
Por polymath_land

"Khushi babe," Ziya called out as soon as her friend came near her. They were here for just some early dinner, and Khushi being a nature lover, had excused herself, to roam around the garden in the hospital. She'd have let Khushi roam if they weren't reminded by the call that they have some unfinished business. So, she looked for Khushi and saw her sitting on the bench beside a man whose face wasn't clear to her. She had called out for her and now she was here, walking with her foot as if it was hurt.

"What's wrong with your foot?" She couldn't help asking after looking at her slightly limping. It wasn't noticeable at the first but as she came near, it was clear enough.

Khushi rolled her eyes, twisting her mouth, looking at her as she looked at her foot, "My foot twisted and was about to fall, but he saved me."

"Who, the man with you on the bench?" Ziya inquired, raising her brows.

"Yes," Khushi answered, walking with her inside.

"Who is he, btw? Looked like I saw that physique somewhere," Ziya wonders where she saw him.

"Didn't you see his face?" Khushi asked the obvious question.

"Nope, babe," Ziya denied. Well, she could only see his side profile and his face wasn't visible except for his physique which looked quite familiar to her.

"Well, he is Arnav Singh Raizada," Khushi simply states, as they walk out of the hotel, and hops in their car.

"Arnav Singh Raizada?" Ziya wanted reassurance as she sat beside Khushi and the driver started the car. They planned to watch web series they left in the middle, Ziya insisted they should complete it since they have no other work. Well, that was the unfinished business Ziya was talking about and Arjen had called her to remind them about the web series. Even Arjen and James were waiting for them and now they'd watch as soon as they reach home.

"Hey, do you mean Harvard's Arnav Singh Raizada whose hostel fees you've paid?" Ziya guessed and hoped her guess would be right.

It indeed is! As Khushi agreed, "Yes. The same one."

"Wow. After a long time, uhh!" Ziya commented remembering the 18-year-old fallen face of Arnav Singh Raizada when she informed Khushi had gone already. The poor boy's excitement was fallen to the ground immediately after she said it and she still remembered the face he made.

"Yeah. Indeed. Anyway, why are we discussing him? Did Arjen say anything about Dhruv?"

"Dhruv? Oh, yeah! Aunty seemed to calm down and now Dhruv and Myra are coming to London to stay with the family," Ziya, in her excitement to watch the web series, completely forgot the other thing Arjen said about. Arjen had earlier messaged in the fourever group that he had something to share about Arjen and he'd soon tell them once confirmed.

He did tell her when he called before and she forgot the whole thing!

"That's great! We'll be able to take care of her," Khushi sighed. Arjen was always worried from the time he got to know his sister was pregnant. Not that Dhruv wouldn't be able to take care of her but he had to work too. He's worried for Myra no matter how many servants Dhruv had in his home.

Now that they would be here, Arjen would be in peace.

....

Night,

Orchid Hotel,

It's been hours since Arnav bumped into Khushi and since then, his mood was good. That night Arnav went into a deep sleep, and it is one of those rarest nights where he did not get any nightmares. Khushi's presence had always brought that change in him. Otherwise, his nights are full of nightmares and sleeping paralysis. Occasionally, he'd be an insomniac too. Not getting sleep even if he want to, thinking of all the unwanted memories that came creeping up from his past.

Today was a lucky night — all because of finding Khushi again, he was sleeping quite peacefully.

The night was peaceful for both Khushi and Arnav. If for Arnav, it was Khushi's presence, for Khushi, it was simply because she had nothing to worry about. She's almost always optimistic and looks out for peace through her freedom.

A woman with wings, with all smiles and giggles. Khushi's always go-to quote was — Use your smile to change the world, not let the world change your smile. A simple smile can make someone's day and that she does unless it is absolutely necessary not to smile!

Not always smiling is necessary and especially, if that isn't from your heart and Khushi knows that. But tonight wasn't something like that for her. She's happy! And so is Arnav, sleeping in peace.

...

AR Office,

London.

The next day was busy for Arnav. The small branch he had in London with very few employees had taken his day away. He checked on his small branch and double-checked his presentation again for the next day's meeting. He had shoved so much work on Lavanya's shoulder that she wasn't able to even say hi to him let alone cling to him. He was relieved and concentrated on other work in the branch. Someday the same small branch would be standing as big as other fashion houses — Gravity Fashion House if he could say. He needs to work hard for that. And he'd as he has been doing that.

He also have gotten an invitation from Gravity which said there be a party in the evening after the morning's presentation. They should brace themselves for the party too. Many other selected companies would come to this party and maybe he could strike a deal or two. Anything that could take his company to the top. He needs to grow his baby — AR!

He got a little free in the late afternoon when he called Khushi, having saved her number already.

"Hello, K here!" Arnav heard Khushi greet him as soon as his call was answered.

"Khushi," he whispered into the phone. His was lowly husky and Khushi must have guessed it must be Arnav and heard her voice, "Arnav?"

"Yeah, Arnav here, Khushi. Hi," he greeted her, a small smile tugging on his lips hearing her. Her voice is like magic. Her words are music. It soothes him in a way he was never conciliated.

"Hi, Arnav. So, this is your number." Her voice from the phone boomed into his ears.

"Yes," he agreed.

"Great. I'm gonna save it!"

He nods his head at her reply as if she's in front of him and not a second later, he asked the most obvious question why he called her, "Khushi, if you have some free time, can we meet?"

"Arnav, I'm sorry but I'm in the hospital, just took a break right now."

He heard her sigh and maybe a little disappointed. His hopes were too high. Shrugging the thoughts away, he concentrated on reply her back, she's a doctor, after all, she must be busy and he replied understanding her, "Oh. Okay, fine. Call me when you're free,"

"Sure, Arnav. I might call you at the night. Bye!"

Before he could reply, the call was cut and Arnav just stared at his phone and Khushi's number. He would wait if she'd call him the night. Deciding and eager for the phone call, he concentrated back on the call.

The day ended and the sun dawned, welcoming the dark greyish sky with millions of twinkling stars and a moon in the middle. It's past 10:30 PM and there was no call from Khushi yet. He waited sitting on his bed, staring at his phone — he was that eager.

She said she'd call him in the night.

ASR in him had barged into the brain as it reminded him — she said she might, Arnav! Might, you know the meaning of it, right?

Arnav sighed sadly.

For, he missed the word, Might!

Arnav gulped down the medicines Dr. Aryan has prescribed him, which he is using for two years now and in no time, slept away on his bed under the effect of sleeping pills. He know he wouldn't get sleep tonight and it was one of the rare moments where he used sleeping pills. For, he would always prefer working over sleep. He'd want to be fresh and look presentive before Adam Gomes tomorrow. The deal is important!

The next day,

It was the first time in ages Arnav had a smile on his face looking at his phone. Although his night was a disappointment before he slept, his morning rejuvenated him. There was this message from Khushi that brought a smile to his face.

"Hey, Arnav! Good Morning. I'm sorry I was caught up last night."

He read her message and texted back, "Good Morning. It's fine, Khushi!"

"Are you free, today?"

The only message that could bring him out of his gloomy mood and the only message he waited for so far. He smiled more and before it could widen, it disappeared. He had a meeting! He so wanted to cancel the presentation if it were in his hands. But neither it is in his hands nor was he able to not attend it. It was too important for his company.

"I'm sorry, Khushi. I have got a meeting today. I'll call you after that."

He replied back, feeling bad to type something he never wanted to type.

"No issues. Carry on!"

His phone blinked with her message. He caressed the screen of his phone and went to get ready for the day.

...

Gravity Fashion House,

The office is wholly occupied with busy people running here and there. In one of the conference rooms, the meeting was conducted with all the companies selected. Arnav made sure he was perfect with his presentation making no mistakes. He denied Lavanya from accompanying and as he had not so hoped, she didn't come surprising him and worked in their office itself. It was good for him and he didn't ponder over it.

The last presentation in the conference room was done and he saw Adam Gomes giving his review perfectly. Snacks and drinks were given to all of them. He was conversing with one of the leading businessmen from Paris about Fashion. The old man was impressed with Arnav's talent and they talk more about business and fashion. Adam's PA announced the end of the meeting and reminded them about the party in the night.

Aah! Party! He needs to brace himself the best for it. He forgot to select a nice suit. He should rush to the hotel and rummage through his luggage for a classy suit for tonight. Just when he was deciding on his clothes for the night, he heard Adam Gomes from behind. The businessman from Paris seemed to be engrossed in another conversation with another person. He was all alone standing a little away.

He was startled by Adam's compliment.

"The presentation was nice, gentleman!" His compliment was, though, genuine, he wasn't happy complimenting him yet complimented him.

"Thank you, sir!" Arnav responded, shaking his hands with him, not knowing how to respond for the first time in his life. He had imagined meeting his idol all the while, with different scenarios playing in his mind. But none of them really matched with how he was reacting now. The feel was the same, though. He's happy and excited to meet the empire of Fashion. He's the true definition of a Businessman.

"Are you coming to the party?" Adam reluctantly released Arnav's palm while all he wanted to do was twist it for hurting her daughter.

"Yes, sir!" Arnav agreed with a small nod. Adam smirked, this guy would know whose daughter he tortured. Payal's words roamed in his mind.

"Good! See you at the party," he patted his arms and went away, leaving a happy Arnav behind. He just talked with his idol and was appreciated by him. Isn't that something he always wanted? Yes! He badly wanted that.

Everyone was dismissed after half an hour more.

...

Evening,

Arnav had come to the party with Lavanya and it's a few minutes since he came here. He understood why Lavanya stayed behind in the morning when she appeared in front of his room's door — all decked up in a black long body con dress. She wanted to be a perfect date with him and he denied her from coming. Alas. Lavanya Kashyap was too stubborn as she came behind him. He dismissed her quite rashly when she tried to cling to his arm.

"It won't be good to you if you touch my arm one more time, Lavanya," he glared at her, his grip on her hand which is trying to brush his arm was too tight that it left red marks on her hand. It brought only tears to her eyes as she walked away from him, in anger and hurt. He was only glad she walked away.

And right now, she's so hurt that she went to the bar for a drink. He didn't care much anyway. That was the limit he could endure.

Why don't people understand a No is a No, no matter what! So, what if it's from men?

"Hey, Arnav. You here?" He was lost in thoughts when he heard the known voice among so many unknown people.

He turned towards the voice only to be left surprised at finding him there. Of course, why won't he? He's a businessman too, owning fashion houses all over the country.

It's Arjen Saxena. Another young businessman, Arjen, took over his father's company and is successfully running it.

"Hi," Arnav greeted his senior. Arjen was from the same university as his but he was his senior — almost seven years.

"Hi, AR was selected too?" Arjen asked hugging him and patting him on the back.

"Yes!" Arnav nodded his head.

"You can smile while delivering this good news, you know?" Arjen sighed. He know Arnav Singh Raizada for very few days and none of the days ever had bestowed him up with his smile. As if he'd lose all his money if he smiled.

Arnav simply shrugged, smirking a little — that didn't reach his eyes. But soon his lips curved looking at the woman who just came to Arjen.

"Arjen, what are you doing here leaving me alone? Business parties always suck and you know that!" Khushi Kathie Gomez complained rushing towards her friend. He left her all alone at the party. Arnav could see her back as she stood a little side to Arjen. He could see her earrings and hair, nothing more.

"That's only applied to you, Kat!" Arjen scoffed. He loved business parties and interacting with other businessmen, talking all about business and Khushi is aware of that.

"Whatever! Dad is busy anyway. Will you mind giving me company?" Khushi's voice was more like a demand.

"Do I have a choice?" he teased.

"Of course, No!" She slapped him on the arms, laughing and that's when she heard a whisper.

"Khushi," Arnav didn't know when her name came out of his mouth.

Khushi was surprised to hear Arnav's voice and turned towards him with the same expression.

"Arnav, hi! You?" Khushi asked and roamed her eyes around the hall, in a way asking him if he was really there.

"Hi. I had a meeting with Gravity Fashion House. I told you in the morning, right?" he reminds her of his message.

Khushi realizes as she looks up at him, "Oh. So, your company is shortlisted too, for the Fashion Gala?"

Arnav smiles this time while nodding his head and this surprised Arjen. ASR and smile? He didn't see that smile ever. It was the first time. And another most obvious question peeped into his mind. How does ASR know KKG?

"Wow. Congratulations. I know you'd do great. Remember?" she beamed at him, shaking his hands with hers.

Arnav could only nod at her. The moments with Khushi are something he could never forget! Na. Never!

"Do you know him?" Arjen finally asked the question, feeling as if he was the third wheel between them.

"Yeah, I mean he was my patient once," Khushi explained smiling at her friend. Arjen raise his eyebrow in surprise and grabbed her arm, whispering in her ears, "You don't remember your patients. Correct me if I'm wrong!"

Arjen smirked whispering that and Khushi beat him quite harshly this time. He winced in pain while Arnav was wondering what they were talking about.

"But what about you? Do you know Arnav?" she asked, raising her brow at Arjen and he nods while saying, "Yes, Arnav was in the final year of his university and there was this get-together, I went then and met him. Talented young man!"

He complimented Arnav patting a little on his arms to which Arnav slightly smiled.

"Get together? How didn't I know?" Khushi was confused. Weren't they university mates? They have completed their bachelor's from Harvard. Why didn't she know?

"You and Ziya were away for a medical conference!" Arjen shrugged.

"Oh! That explains," Khushi smiled and turned towards Arnav again.

"Anyway, Arnav. Let me introduce you to him again. He's Arjen and my best friend," she introduces him as her best friend, to Arnav.

Arnav nods at her and smiles, awkwardly, a little at Arjen. He just saw him as a senior. He didn't know Arjen was Khushi's best friend. Well, not that he knows much about Khushi anyway. And this thought brought another question to his mind that was nagging him from the time he heard about the get-together party from Khushi's mouth. Was she in Hardvard too?

"Khushi, are you in Harvard too?"

Khushi looked up at Arnav's question and nodded, "Of course! That's why I said I'd make you get a room in the campus hostel. Remember?"

"Yes, but I didn't think that way. Since you're a doctor, I thought you must have connections professionally!" Arnav was genuine. He seriously didn't think she was from Harvard. Well, those days he was too lost in his own miseries to ponder on how would she know Harvard people. He wasn't into deep thinking then except for his studies and work.

"Aah! Explains. But you know now, don't you? That's enough!" All this while she never touched him and Arnav noticed that.

Arjen was surprised on knowing she even offered him help. Was Arnav that special? He drags her back to his side, whispering, making sure Arnav doesn't hear, "Are you sure Arnav is just your patient?"

"Shut up" she whispered back hitting him again and said aloud, "Why don't you go and have a drink in the corner, Arjen? I think you need it!"

"Alright! I'm going." He had his hands in his hair and smiled at Arnav and before he could go, he whispers again, "But I'm gonna tell this to uncle for sure!"

"I don't think you have got the chance," she whispered back clutching Arjen's hand who was about to go. Arjen follows her direction only to see Adam Gomez.

"Hi, uncle!" he gleams at his dearest uncle. Adam Gomez is looking handsome in his charcoal grey suit with a grey tie matching it.

"Hey, my boy!" Adam greets him before turning towards Khushi. He was all the while observing the trio. He could see his daughter and Arjen but Arnav's expressions weren't visible to him. His back faced him all the while and now he's here to introduce his daughter to ASR. ASR would know whose daughter she is.

"Sweetheart, did you meet him?" He inquired his daughter who flashed her smile at him answering, "Of course. In fact, it should be me who should have introduced him to you. He was that crazy fan of yours when I met him years ago! Although he didn't show it, I just know!"

"Do you know him from before?" Adam was confused. How does his daughter know him except if she remembered Delhi?

"Yes!" Her simple word had put his thoughts into question.

"Anyway, Arnav, you know you already met your inspiration. But still, let me do the honor to introduce him again. He's Adam Gomes, my father!"

Arnav was shocked listening to that. He know Khushi was a doctor and a rich woman. Isn't it the reason she was able to pay his fees? Because she was rich! But he never know she'd turn out to be the daughter of Adam Gomez! The number one businessman in the world.

"And dad, he's Arnav, my sweet friend!" Khushi's eye twinkled introducing Arnav. He was her special friend, her special patient who didn't know he was throwing tantrums in front of his doctor.

"Oh, an-" he was about to continue more when his PA came running to him and whispered something in his ears. He soon dismisses himself from the trio, "you guys carry on, I'll just come."

Arjen too had left for his drink and it was just Khushi and Arnav when out of nowhere Lavanya had come and she was drunk.

"Chamkili, you?" she looked shocked at Khushi who was unrecognizable and looked beautiful in her green floral-length gown. Anyone who looked at it can say it costs worth lakhs or even more, and it certainly belongs to Gravity Fashion House.

"Lavanya!" Arnav glared at her, removing her hands before she could touch him. Lavanya fumes again. Whenever she would call Khushi Chamkili, ASR punished her with more work and didn't leave any chance in scolding her.

What is so special in that Chamkili? And why is she back and that too like this — looking more beautiful and richer than her!

"You better go to the hotel, Lavanya!" He glared at her. Lavanya was sober still and looks adamant about not going, "I'll have to tell your father you were drunk!"

ASR threatens her and Lavanya silently goes out of the party. If her father knows she was drunk, he'd probably come here the next day and drag her back to India. No matter how much she is obsessed with ASR, her father never appreciated her consuming alcohol especially when she is on medications! ASR had her weak point and she had to go, ordering the driver to drive her back to the hotel.

Khushi noticed the exchange between them and didn't bother to comment on their relationship and talked to him about his studies and business.

When Khushi excused herself from Arnav a few minutes later, Arnav got engrossed with a few business personalities, growing his social network for his business.

Even if it didn't bring deals for him, in a way, the party was beneficial for him.

After some time, he searched for Khushi only to know from Arjen that she had gone back home. She was just here as one of the BODs for formality. The party went on for a few more hours before it winded and Arnav left for his hotel with the new information he got to know about Khushi.

...

Gomez Mansion,

Khushi had changed into her night dress and was reading a novel when her door was knocked. It's been hours since she was back and she know her dad would be late for home tonight. She had her dinner and is about to sleep before reading.

"Yes, Dad?" she responded to her father who came, after knocking into her room.

"You really know Arnav Singh Raizada before?" Adam asked for reassurance and Khushi found it surprising. Why is he doubting her words, "Yeah, dad! Why would I lie?"

"No that, sweety! I just..how do you know him?" It was nagging him how she know ASR before. If she knows ASR, ASR, too, knows her daughter. Didn't he? Then why would he torture her unless he too had Amnesia like her daughter?

"He was my patient a few years ago. Like 8 years ago, to be precise," Khushi tells her father, shrugging her shoulders simply.

"Patient?" Adam was dazed. ASR was his daughter's patient? That was quite shocking!

"Yes," Khushi nods putting her novel beside the pillow, and explains to him about Arnav, a man who touched her heart, whose pain and vulnerabilities touched her emotions, "He was just 18 and nobody from his family seemed to care about him. He was diagnosed with Diabetes and Haphephobia then!"

"Diabetes and Haphephobia? At that age?" he is more shocked. Why wouldn't he? If he had Haphephobia, why would he even touch her daughter let alone manhandle her?

"Yeah, dad. I don't even know if he's receiving the treatment for that," Khushi had suggested treatment and she isn't sure if he's getting treatment for that. It didn't look like it with what she saw today.

"Hmm. Okay. Good Night, sweetheart. Sleep well," Adam dismissed the conversation not wanting to probe further, and walks out patting her head.

"Good Night, Dad!" Khushi smiles at his back.

And when he was about to close the door for her room, she whispered, "Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you hiding something from me?" Khushi had this doubt nagging always and the way the woman with Arnav had behaved with her, she doubted if that girl knows her before. Chamkili? What does that even mean?

"It's late, sweetheart. Sleep!" Adam closes the door, walking out without answering her questions. It isn't the right time.

He needs to confront Arnav Singh Raizada and know if he really manhandled his daughter.

How can he if what Khushi said was right? Haphephobiacs fear from touch, in men's case — women's touch. Don't they?

Did he misunderstand him, after all?

Was Arnav Singh Raizada innocent?

To be continued..,

Let me know what you think of the update!

4K+ — out of the limit I set for this story's chapter and that's why got late! 

Here's the twist, Arnav has Haphephobia! And he's Khushi's patient. One of the reasons why Khushi is elder than him. 

I know it is hard to accept this and I don't wanna force anyone to read it if it isn't acceptable. 

So, it isn't really possible Arnav had manhandled Khushi. As I said, there would be so many changes from the first meeting itself. You'll know slowly! 

Opinion,

Arnav?

Khushi?

Adam?

Arjen?

Regards,

polymath_land

30/12/2022

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

93.3K 6.7K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
206K 11.1K 43
When one craves for love, the other calls it a sham. If love is everything that Khushi wants, then love is everything that Arnav loathes. If these so...
185K 10.8K 54
Arnav was not ready to get into the relationship. That doesn't mean he doesn't respect LOVE. He does...he respects TRUE LOVE. He wanted to get marrie...
112K 3.7K 7
Khushi is a 21 year old girl and Arnav is a 28 year old man. Arnav sees Khushi as a sister of his friend, however, all Khushi ever sees is Arnav...sh...