You and Me | โœ“

By sreeeshaa

๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’• ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’”, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’Š๐’• ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ด๐’† ... More

00
Family Tree
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
Epilogue
MIHIR'S BOOK!!!!
Fun Facts!
๐Ÿ“ฃ
new book!

25

140K 9K 836
By sreeeshaa

"Neeche utarein mujhe." Roop whisper-yelled in Amrit's ear.
(Put me down)

"Shh."

"Peeche wale raste se chalein phir!" She cried, feeling helpless as Amrit carried her inside the house, from the front door instead of using the back door like she suggested.
(Let's go from the back door then)

While they were back at the penthouse, Roop twisted her leg when she was going to change, Amrit's t-shirt lying on the floor being the reason for the awful fall, causing a sprain in her foot.

"I can walk!" She tried one last time, covering herself with her dupatta since she was still wearing his t-shirt and shorts, thanks to him for not giving her time to change back into her suit.

"We both know you can't." He replied.

"You should've let me change!" She scolded him.

"The doctor said you've to rest as much as you could." He responded dryly.

Amrit was very attentive when the doctor was telling her about the sprain, since they were in the office building only, the doctor wasn't that far away even though Roop insisted that it was nothing an icepack couldn't heal. 

"Mujhe na sharam ke wajah se doob ke marne ka mann kar raha hai." She hid her face in his chest.
(I am thinking of drowning because of shame.)

"Let's drown together!" Amrit replied, faking excitement.

"Kya haiii!" She hit his chest lightly, trying to stop herself from crying, firstly her foot was paining and secondly, she was feeling embarrassed while being dressed in Amrit's clothes and to top it all, Amrit was carrying her in his arms.
(What is it with you?)

"Everyone's probably in their rooms." He tried to convince her but she knew better.

"Am I heavy?" She asked for the hundredth time in a span of a few hours.

"No."

"But-"

"Chup." He grumbled, kicking the door open as he walked inside, expecting everyone to be busy in their rooms but he should've known that they decided to have family time together.
(silence)

A whistle was heard, "Kya baat hai? Shadi ki rasme yaad aa rahi hai aapko?" Mihir commented, his phone coming out to record everything.
(What is the matter? Are you missing your wedding rituals?)

"Mihir." He was scolded by his mother.

Roop wanted nothing but the earth to open up and swallow her whole because this was exactly what she was fearing.

Amrit being a very sensible person, he took her near the sofa where every single person in the family was sitting and made her sit there, taking a seat beside her.

"She has a sprain." He informed the curious faces, pulling her legs up on his lap, "Get me an icepack." He looked at Mihir.

"Dupatta bhi kyun hi liya?" Nandini scoffed.
(why did you even take a scarf?)

"Excuse me?" Amrit turned to her.

"Is this the way you dress in front of your elders? Sharam hai ya nahi?" She rolled her eyes, looking at Roop disgustingly.
(Do you have any shame?)

"Meri biwi kuch bhi pehne, aapko kya?" He asked, challenging her to say something again.
(Whatever my wife wears, what does it have to do with you?)

"Nandini." Mehul looked at his sister, a warning clear in his voice. Mumbling something under her breath, she looked away.

"Here." Mihir handed him the icepack, "Are you okay?" He asked Roop, who looked like she wanted to cry at the moment but she nodded anyway.

She hissed feeling the sudden coldness on her foot, "Mujhe jaana hai please." She whispered, pleading with her eyes.
(I want to go please)

"How did it happen?" Ritika asked, concern written over her face as she walked towards them.

Hearing the question, Roop immediately turned to Amrit, "Inki galti hai, kahin bhi kapde fenk dete hain." She complained.
(It's his fault, he throws his clothes anywhere)

"Nalayak." Ritika looked at her son disappointedly, "I'll bring haldi wala doodh for you, Amrit, take her to your room...don't let her walk unnecessarily." She ordered.
(Turmeric milk)

"But mummy ji-" Roop started to object, it wasn't even an open injury but Ritika shushed her, heading to the kitchen. It was now Amrit's turn to look at her with a raised brow.

Roop narrowed her eyes at his actions, "Mummyji, ye keh rahe hain inko bhi chahiye!" She said loudly, looking at him.
(Mummy ji, he's saying he wants the milk too)

"When did I-"

"Nandini, chal mujhe kamre tak le chal." Dadi interrupted.
(Nandini, take me to my room)

Before Amrit could object one more time, someone else started talking to Roop, leaving one by one, leaving the youngsters alone.

"Sachi batao, gire the ya fir-"
(Be honest, you fell or-)

"Avni!" Rahil stopped her from completing her sentence, looking at her in disbelief.

"What? You were talking about a niece or nephew last night!" She said, ratting him out.

"That was not what I said-"

"Yes you did, liar!" She accused, pointing a finger at him.

"I was talking about our-"

"Ohemgee, Did I tell you guys that I'm pregnant?" Avni gasped dramatically.

"Really?" Mihir, Roop, and Rahil asked at the same time, "But-"

"She's lying." Rahil rolled his eyes.

"Kya hai? Thodi der mazaak to karne dete." Avni punched his shoulder.
(What is it with you? You should've let me have fun for a while!)

Everyone looked at her with different expressions, "Just go away." Roop sighed.

"Yeah, leave." Mihir supported her.

"I'll take her." Rahil replied, pulling her away with him, arguing with her all the way to their room, which soon ended up in the process of making her lie become true.

"Happy birthday again bhai!" Mihir said, leaving for his room too when he saw Ritika coming with two glasses of milk, fearing that she'll make him drink the milk too.

"Here, drink all of this." Ritika looked at the couple, handing them the glasses while folding her hands, waiting for them to finish.

"Mummyji-"

"No, be quick." She refused to hear any excuse, smiling in satisfaction as she watched Amrit finish drinking the milk.

"I'll make her drink, you go and take some rest." He looked at her with a nod.

"Okay, take care, and you too take some rest." She patted their heads, walking to her room.

Amrit caressed his wife's head, watching her making faces at the taste of milk, "I'll see you later in our room, you can't even run from me this time." He smiled while his words were opposite of his expressions.

"Finish up." He added.

Roop spent ten whole minutes finishing the small glass of milk, "Aapki wajah se hua ye!" She accused him.
(It's all your fault!)

"Let's go to our room." He gave her the icepack, picking her up in his arms the next second.

"I think I can walk now.." She suggested.

"Don't worry bhabi, he bench presses almost double your weight daily." Mihir reassured her, walking towards the living room since he forgot his phone there.

"Just take me to our room please." She requested, having enough of the embarrassing situations she faced today.

"As you wish." A smile appeared on Amrit's lips as he replied.

...

"Roop, you can't be seriously serious now?" Amrit looked at his wife in disbelief as she worked around the kitchen.

"I'm okay now." She replied.

"We talked about it, it's not even a week. I don't pay multiple workers for my wife to do the work in the end." He frowned, pulling her out of the kitchen.

A week passed since his birthday and her little injury, she was perfectly healed but Amrit was being a little over protective.

"Aap-"

"I'm not hearing anything, I'll carry you to our room if that's what you want!" He warned.

"Fine, just let me complete-"

"Nita aunty, aap dekh lengi baaki sab?" He asked, ignoring Roop, to which she replied in positive.
(Nita aunty, will you see everything?)

Making Roop sit on the sofa, he knelt down, "Look how much swelling your foot has, mana kia tha na!" He scolded her.
(Didn't I ask you not to do that?)

"Acha na, stop scolding me!"

"Stop acting irresponsible, I'll stop scolding you." He got up, "I'll get going now, go to our room and lie down for a while." He said, his fingers gripping her chin as he leaned down to press a kiss on her lips.

"Amrit!" She gasped, looked around to make sure no one saw them.

"Love it when you say my name." He whispered, pecking her lips again before kissing her forehead, "Rest, okay?" He said before walking out.

"Miss me!"

"I will." He replied.

...
It's high time the birthday ended, no? 😮‍💨

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELIES!
hope the next year is filled with only love, growth and happiness for everyone <3
Stay safe, stay healthy, spread love 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 13K 29
ยฐโ€ข Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series โ€ขยฐ *:๏พŸโœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
3.2M 108K 63
"Why the hell did you tell them that you are my wife?" he whisper yelled at me. I stared at him in disbelief. "Answer me you useless" he yelled again...
62.8K 1.8K 25
"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck you without your will, what do you say?" H...
117K 8K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...