The Villainess just don't car...

By White_Hyacinth

Choi Heun, a workaholic living in Korea, died before getting her dream promotion. She was isekaid by the ogre... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Characters
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.

Chapter 31.

1.8K 76 4
By White_Hyacinth

A/N: The image give above is the Archmage, father of Elixir and Cesar, Duke Michaelesto Aeluin Vakaracia.

Cesar's pov:

Why isn't she coming back? I didn't even throw her that high.

I looked at the night sky in the hopes of seeing her. It's been almost three hours since I have been standing here.

It's weird. Salvarina has been acting weird as of lately. I never knew her but I know for a fact that she isn't someone who giggles and laughs like that. She's someone who upholds her dignity and pride and considers showing emotions as a sign of weakness.

Her change of character is astounding. Is it because of the sudden shock from annulment that she's acting like this?or is it something else?

I remembered the little conversation that we had.

"I know you love her but that doesn't give you any excuse to stalk her." Salvarina said with her eyes glistening like the deep ocean.

"The least I can do is protect her by staying by her side" I replied.

"Uh huh.of course you can do it ....Or how about moving on with your life.you know finding more about yourself and exploring the world, achieving your goals and living a life" She spoke out.

Can I really move on? It feels like my whole world is spinning around Mirabel. I just can't seem to concentrate even on myself. But somehow Salvarina's words gave me hope even though I really don't want to admit it.

Just when I was in deep thought I felt a familiar aura around me. I knew it was him.

I looked ahead and saw the same deep blue eyes glaring at me. I felt a sudden chill down my spine. Elixir, my half brother, he's dangerous.

" Isn't it my little brother? What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"He said his voice clearly had a mocking tone.

"I-I don't have to tell you any of my business. Besides shouldn't you be inside the Vakaracia mansion now? Father's going to get angry with you wandering around." I clenched my fists while he put on a sarcastic smile for my reply.

"I couldn't care less about that old man" He sneered.

I gulped. He's scary. Ever since what had happened years ago I have this huge pang of guilt. I never really got a chance to apologise nor explain myself to him.

"By the way little brother, you should listen this carefully" He walked towards me and whispered slowly in my ears.

"Don't even come near Salvarina anymore. Understood? ....If you do then the Vakaracia duchy might not have a legal heir " He smiled and disappeared quickly.

I fell down on my knees. I was quivering in fear. He looked like a demon!

He hates me. I never should have betrayed him.

Years ago in the Vakaracia mansion ~ (still Cesar's pov)

I never got to experience love. When I was a kid my mother died out of child birth and my father...well he never really was a father. He'd come and go as he pleased. Never really spend time with me much less know me. From when I was a baby, the maids took care of me. I had a nanny as well . Her name was Linda but she's retired now and went back to her village.

I never knew of my half brother's existence untill one day I heard some maids talking about it. I was five years old at that time.

"Hey, do you know what's inside the basement? I've seen his grace go there frequently"

"Don't you know? It's a child . He's the same age as of the young master. "

"Is it his grace's child?"

"Of course it is you dummy. But keep quiet about this. Who ever tried to utter a single word about that child ended up dying by unknown consequences"

A brother? I have a brother? I couldn't control my happiness when I heard that news. I've seen siblings interact with each other during the tea parties that I attended. I wanted to have one too. Someone who'd understand my loneliness and give me affection.

So one day when I knew no one was looking. I went downstairs to the basement. Surprisingly there weren't any guards.

Upon reaching downstairs I found him. A boy with black hair and the same blue yes which I had. He was covered with chains and he was wearing some dirty rags.

"Are you here to give me food?" He asked his deep blue eyes staring right into my soul.

"Uh-no..."

"Then why are you here?"He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Um.. I'm Cesar and I'm your brother. What's your name?"

"......"He didn't respond but seemed to be in deep thought.

"My name is Elixir"He replied while averting my gaze.

"Oh cool! Then.. do you wanna play with me?"

He looked at me like I was an idiot.

"I would but look at me. I'm imprisoned here"

"Ah... sorry" I apologized.

"Then... How long have you been here?" I inquired.

"I don't know. As long as I can remember I've been stuck here I guess" He replied as he pondered.

"You know it's weird that we're both five years old and talk like mature people"

"That's cause both of us are brothers" He chuckled.

I chuckled at his comment. At least he didn't drive me away.

Since then I used to visit him most of the time. When I got breaks,at night also when no one was looking after me. I brought him food,cookies,cakes and all the sweets. We'd talk about our day. I'd read him stories and taught him how to read and write.

It was such a fun time for me. Untill one day I decided to free him. He always said that he wanted to go outside. He wanted to escape from here. So I decided to help him.

One night when everyone was alseep I made my way to the basement. I lit a candle and had keys with me which I had found in my father's study room. I went there and saw my brother. He smiled while seeing me.

I went near him and used the key to unlock the lock and free him from the chains. It worked!

"We did it!" I smiled brightly.

He nodded back while smiling.

We still had to get him out of here.

"Follow me okay?"I said to him while I started to walk in front.

We reached upstairs and that is when I heard the sound of a carriage. He was here!

"Father's here. We don't have time"I said and dragged him to my room in a hurry.

"Just hide here. I'll help you get out of here once he has left..I promise"I said to Elixir while he nodded and gave me an affectionate smile.

"I trust you" was what he had said.

I ran outside and heard the sound of something crashing and yelling.

I made my way downstairs.

"You bastards... I'm asking you where is he!"it was indeed father. He looked like a mad man. His eyes were bloodshot.

Our butler stepped out and bowed.
"I apologise your grace but we really don't know"

"Haaah.. where are the guards!"He had an irk mark on his forehead while he sighed slowly massaging his temples.

All the guards assembled infront of him and bowed down.

"You dirtbags..what have you been doing all this time?"Father spoke in a low scary voice. I was shivering in fear.

"I apologise your grace but no one has left the mansion " the knight incharge spoke.

"Hmm? No one has?"He arched an eyebrow.

"Yes if someone did then the spell which we had casted must've let us know"

Father smiled.

"Are we playing hide and seek now? Very well then...." His smile grew wider.

He walked around and looked here and there.

"Hmm..This is troublesome"he said.

All this time my heart was pounding so hard that I thought it'll come out of my chest.

"Huh? What do we have here? It's my son" He embraced me and patted me on the head.

"What are you doing here and not sleeping?"

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I stood there shaking.

"Your grace, I apologise. It's my fault that I didn't properly tuck him in the bed" my nanny Linda said standing behind me.

"Hmmm..All the maids and servants are dismissed. Knights stay behind"He said.

Nanny Linda looked at me worriedly and left with the maids.

He bowed down on one knee and rose my chin. I could now see his face clearly. He was smiling. It would've been an affectionate smile if it weren't for this situation.

"So tell me my dear son.. Where have you hid him?" He asked.

I felt a lump down my throat. How does he know that?!

"You thought I didn't know of your little visits. Son, I know each and every thing happening in my mansion so tell me while I'm being patient"He said.

I couldn't say anything. My heart was beating really fast.

"Fine,if it's like this then.. I'll have no choice but to bury your nanny alongside your mother"He said while his smile fadded. I was breathing heavily. No.. not my nanny.

He stood up and was beginning to leave just as when I caught his shirt.

"He's... inside my room"I said in a low shaky voice.

Father's lips twitch up and he grinned like a maniac.

"Good boy. Now, I won't kill your nanny" he said while patting my head.

He left and walked towards my room while I stood there motionless.

What will I do now?

What's going to happen to Elixir?

My breath hitches when I heard a scream coming from my room upstairs.

"You filthy bastard ! Do you really think you can escape me that easily?" It was father dragging my brother down the stairs by clenching his hair.

Upon reaching downstairs he threw Elixir harshly as he fell in front of me only a few feet away.

I was standing there quivering in fear. At that very moment Elixir looked at me as our eyes locked with each other. His eyes had lost the light in them. Hopelessness filled his eyes.

"I-I ..trusted you..." He said in a low whisper as he looked away from me.

"What an amicable display of brotherhood" My father's voice echoed down the hallways.

I gulped and looked down.

"Now as for your punishment..." Shiny white light appeared on his hands and a whip emerged out of thin air.

"Ta-da!" He showed us the whip.

"Cesar, you know as much as I want to I can't hit you but don't you worry I can starve you though. You'll stay locked up in your room for two days."He grinned while he took heavy steps towards Elixir who just sat emotionless on the floor.

"Now for disobeying me!" He charged the whip at Elixir but it didn't hit him as a blue light shone brightly from Elixir and his eyes began to glow as well.

Before we could even process what was going on Elixir was floating and soon disappeared leaving behind a few specks of blue dust.

Father's eyes widened and he threw the whip sideway.

He walked towards the blue dust and began to inspect it. A small vial appeared in his hand and it got filled with the blue dust that Elixir left behind.

"Sire, should we send some knights to search across the empire?" A knight inquired.

"No need. He's gone somewhere far "

"But -then shouldn't we try to search him " He asked again.

Father glared at him.

"You can't find him. Actually.. No-one can " He smirked.

"Now what should we do, your grace "

"I'll be leaving to the magic tower to experiment on my Elixir " Father replied with a grin while looking at the vial.

I just stood there witnessing everything without moving a muscle. Soon everyone dispersed and father patted my head on his way back and he left.

My nanny came running towards me after everyone had left and carried me to my bed as I had just said I really couldn't move at all. What happened that day left a huge trauma in me. I felt guilty for betraying my brother but when it came to choose between my brother and my nanny I ended up choosing my nanny.

If only I could apologise and explain everything to him. If only I was stronger. If only....

We could've been brothers.

🎭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852 21 42
crappy isekai MC'sthat don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
169K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
230K 7.6K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
62.2K 1.8K 26
Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books. But here's the comical conundrum: I've...