The Arrangement

By aaliyahroseee

𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how muc... More

Introduction
At First
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue
NEW BOOK - RYDER
A/N.

Chapter Twenty

6.8K 162 44
By aaliyahroseee

Taylor's POV

When Victor and I arrived at dinner an unsettling, nervous feeling suddenly erupted in my lower stomach. It was almost like that feeling was suddenly telling me that this wasn't a good idea, going to dinner with Victor.

But I figured him asking me if I'd like to have dinner with him was genuine.

He chose this expensive looking restaurant, which looked a lot similar than the one Nicolas and Gio owns.

We both greeted the receptionist and everything about this whole... ordeal felt really nerve racking and wrong all together.

"Hello Cassandra," he smiles.

"Hey boss. What can I do for you today?"

"Has... my brother, come in today?" He asks, side-eyeing me weirdly. I pursue my lips and look forward at Cassandra, her gray eyes looking back at me already. She tilts her head to the side, turning to give Victor a knowing look.

"Oh, no he has not. Do you maybe want a secluded booth, boss?" She asks.

"That'd be perfect actually, thank you," he says.

"Victor, I told you," Sighing, I turned towards him. "This isn't a date, just dinner--" Cassandra doesn't let me finish my sentence.

"Ok great. Have fun boss!" she chirps, winking at me. I gulp and follow far behind him, walking to the furthest corner in the whole restaurant.

"Please, take a seat," he gestures to the soft, plush booth. I slowly start to sit down, and he picks up on that. "Well go on. There's nothing to be afraid of Taylor."

Is there?

"Wait, Victor," I start.

"Yes, Taylor?"

"You're aware that this isn't a date, right? Just a quick meal," I inform him.

"I'm aware. You keep bringing it up, like it's the worst thing in the world," he mutters the last part, even though I still heard him.

"Of course I keep bringing it up. I agreed to dinner, and that's all this is," I reply, grabbing the menu and looking around the restaurant.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but this is a complete replica of Nicolas's restaurant. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it's something I keep noticing. The more I look around, the more similar it is.

"You like it?" He asks, a hopeful smile on his face.

"It looks familiar," I nod my head slowly. "A restaurant I've seen before, a few months ago."

"Is that so?" He asks as I nod my head again. "What a coincidence."

"Hmm," I hum in response.

"Hello boss. Can I get you guys started with some drinks?" The waiter asks.

"Just a water is fine," I smile. "Not that hungry actually."

"I'll have a water as well, thank you Anthony," Victor says.

"Great. Coming right up boss," he smiles, walking off.

"I almost forgot," Victor begins. "So, I had some questions to ask you Taylor."

"Go for it," I look around, realizing that there's barely any customers in here.

"Am I your type of guy?" He starts off, practically looking into my soul.

"What kind of question is that Victor--"

"Just a question to lift the awkward tension. A topic to start our-- dinner with," he nods, more to himself than me. "Just answer the question Taylor, please. And honestly."

"Honestly," I start, gulping. "No."

I don't go unnoticed by the slight clench of his jaw, and his left eye twitching a little.

"Alright, next question," he sighs. "Why are you still single?"

"What does these questions have to do with anything?"

"Just curious, is all."

"It's my decision," I answer.

"And could I change that? Your... decision?"

"I said you're not my type," I slowly say.

"But you haven't even given me a chance yet," he laughs bitterly.

"I don't need to. After this dinner, I don't plan on seeing you again," I answer.

"Yeah alright," he scoffs. "We'll see about that."

"What do you mean--"

"Here's your waters. Have you decided?" The waiter comes back, making me momentarily forget about our previous conversation.

"I'm fine," I say.

"Just a salad please Anthony, thank you," Victor says, looking at the table.

My thoughts are distracted by my phone ringing on the table, the name Nicolas flashing on my screen.

Victor's eyes immediately gaze at my phone, and I grab it, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'll be right back," I say, walking off.

"Yeah yeah, take your time," he says lowly.

"Hello?" I answer the phone call.

"Hey Taylor," he says.

"What's up?" I instantly smile, and all the nervous and unsettling feelings immediately fly out the window, replaced by butterflies and my cheeks blushing.

"Just, wondering if you were free today?" He asks. "I wanted to do something with you."

"Unfortunately, I'm not," I look back at Victor, his head snapping to the left when he sees me looking at him. "I'm at dinner."

"Oh," is all he says at first. "Is it a date?"

"No, just dinner with some guy. He insisted, and the whole thing is really weird. He took me to this restaurant, and it looks just like yours--" I'm cut off by the sound of my phone beeping. I pull it away from my ear, and I see that my phone needs to charger. "I got to go. My phone is about to die--"

"Wait, what'd you say about his restaurant?" Nicolas suddenly cuts me off.

"It looks a lot like yours--" complete silence. I check my phone, knowing already that it died.

I sigh, putting my phone in my back pocket.

I swiftly turn around, Victor standing there with his hands in his front pocket and his head tilted to the side. I yelp out in surprise and clutch my chest, nearly having a heart attack.

"Jesus Victor. What are you doing?"

"Just, checking on you," he smiles.

"I'm fine," I state.

"I see," he says, looking at my lips and gazing all the way down to my legs. I grip my arms, uncomfortable.

"Were you listening to my phone call?" I ask him.

"Of course not," he laughs. "Shall we go back to our table?"

"Maybe this, wasn't a good idea," I start. "Can you take me home now?"

"What?" He nearly shouts, making me jump. "I-I'm sorry. Yeah, of course."

"Thanks."

"Uh, huh," he clears his throat, walking outside to his car.

____________________________________

Please vote, comment, and follow! It's greatly appreciated!

Take care my loves.

aaliyah rose <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 5K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
76.8K 1K 25
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...
65.4K 3.2K 30
Kartik Malhotra.....The Mafia don ...The rude arrogant ...self obsessed.... womanizer Thinks all girls fall over him for him either for his charm or...
16K 830 44
An innocent girl who gets hurt by everyone around her, finds someone to help heal her. she tries to escape the way he makes he feel. she falls instea...