Vampire Smile (On hold)

By alexavali

I am his salvation. I'm just like any other human being who doesn't want attention. Though that's already im... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five

Chapter Ten

25.4K 420 24
By alexavali

Chapter Ten

“Why?” I say breathlessly.

“You’ll be safer there. The Central European coven will take you in and you’ll be surrounded by four other covens. You’ll also be nearer Romania, where the main base of the Council is located. Any member can easily teleport and arm themselves there and guard you if needed.”

“How can you say I will be safer when you’ll just move me into another vampire’s house?” I haven’t controlled increasing the tone in my voice I’m almost shouting.

With the look in Gabriel’s face, I can tell that the danger he means here is his self.

I gaze at Luke, pleading him with my eyes to let me stay.

“Gabriel is right, Andi.” He says softly.

Traitor! My head screams at him.

Luke explains. “You’ll be more protected there, especially now that Elijah knows we already found the woman in the prophecy. In fact, I just took a call from a source who informed me that Elijah is discreetly inviting a lot of rogue vampires to join his coven. He won’t stop until he kills you, Andi. He may even attack here and as the coven master of Eastern and Southern Africa, he can assemble quite a large army.”

I think about Claudia, Sarah, Naomi and the others get involved in a bloody war and I instantly wince. I don’t want any more humans killed just because of me, but I can’t accept the fact that I’ll be leaving this place. I now have to live in a house of a vampire I know nothing about. At least here, I’m assured that Luke is around to keep my sanity intact.

Is that the only reason? I stop at the thought in my head. I won’t be seeing Gabriel anymore. I’m not really sure what I feel about that.

“This is for your own good, Andi.”

“Why did you request to transfer me?” I ask him though I already know the answer. I need to hear it from him again.

Gabriel eyes me uneasily. “I want to keep you safe…”

My eyes almost water at that. “But I don’t want to leave…” I try pleading.

“I’m surprised you’re saying that after what I did to you.” He speaks angrily.

But I now understand that all the hatred is directed to him. “I’ll forgive you, but please… let me stay.”

“Will you be able to trust me again?”

I open my mouth to answer yes, but no sound comes out. I clear my throat, uncertainty fills my head and, I guess, shows on my face.

“I thought so.” Gabriel says bitterly. “I won’t be able to protect you if that’s the case. You’ll spend most of your time here avoiding me. What difference does it make to you residing in another vampire’s home? Zach is almost a millennium old. He doesn’t easily get affected with human blood anymore. Plus, he has a mortal wife. You can be assured that he won’t hurt you.”

Mortal wife? A vampire who has a human wife? That is impossible. I’ve certainly read it from various books, but they are just the fantasies of most women right now. I don’t think vampires are capable of feelings, especially with both the trivialities and complexities of love. Can a human really love a creature of the night, for example, Gabriel? I nearly laugh. Poor woman.

“So now, I am becoming a literal tool for a prophecy that you can just transport wherever you wish.”

“Andi.” Luke quickly warns before Gabriel can answer. I definitely don’t want his fangs anywhere in me again, so I shut my mouth.

“Fine. Do as you wish. As if you've ever given me a choice in everything that has happened.” I leave them a glum stare before storming out of the room.

I stomp down the stairs sullenly. I know I’m being a toddler throwing a fit, but I can’t help it. I hate Gabriel for abducting me and just abandoning me in the end. I also hate Luke for siding with his coven master, as if he can stop Gabriel’s orders. They snatched me from my normal, boring life just to hand me over to some unknown vampire because Gabriel can’t handle the responsibility of keeping me safe. Sure, I don’t want to spend time with him again as much as possible, but he should man up and face the problem than letting someone else handle it for him. What a coward.

I reach the foyer and bristle out on the porch. I see Gabriel and Luke waiting for me together with another vampire I haven’t seen before.

I stare at the two friends darkly, not minding the other vampire’s amused expression.

“Good evening, Andi.” Gabriel greets me after clearing his throat.

I cross my arms and remain silent.

“Oh, come on, Andi. Don’t be like this. This is for your own---“

“Shut up, Luke.” I snap.

Luke scratches his head in defeat, making the newcomer laugh delightfully.

“Show some manners, Andi.” Gabriel scolds.

“Manners? I’m the one not showing any manners here? Did you even ask me if I wanted to go to wherever that goddamn place is? I’m held against my will and I’m about to be shipped off to another continent! How can you even expect me to be gracious and act like I’m just having a wonderful vacation?” I fume.

Gabriel gazes at me blankly, but his jaw tightens in suppressed anger.

The other vampire walks towards me with a grin and extends a hand. “Guten Abend. My name is Zacharael Kaufmann, but you can call me Zach.”

I shake his hand, only realizing how shameful I’ve acted in front of a guest. His words are delivered with a thick, German accent I almost have difficulty understanding him. “I’m Andi Blair. The prisoner.” I add.

Ja, as they’ve told me. What a prisoner, I can say. As I’ve heard you asked, that goddamn place is my humble abode in Austria.” Zach tells me teasingly.

I blush profusely. I should put in mind that manners are indeed important. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.”

Nien, nien, ‘tis alright.” He waves his hand dismissively. “I understand you’re angry because you’re surrounded with this bullshit.”

That makes me smile. Zach is a good-looking blonde vampire with almost the same height and built as Gabriel. His bushy eyebrows are blonde, too, arching above his light, blue-grey eyes. He sports a mustache and beard with the same golden color of his hair. Adding a halo and white wings will make this guy look like a heaven-sent angel.

“I promise you, I’ll take better care of you than Gabriel here. He’s like a bear, isn’t he?”

“A cranky bear disturbed from his hibernation.”

He chuckles and ignores Gabriel’s grim stare at both of us. “I wonder why you want to move her, Gabriel. I'm sure she’ll be safer here with both Luke and you around. If I don’t have a wife, I will instantly like her. She’s feisty.”

Gabriel snorts. “Stop flirting with her or I’ll tell Liz.”

“Oh, I won’t replace Lizzie with anyone else. But this woman here is beautiful and brave. Her eyes are like gleaming violets they’re fascinating. Maybe you should have her, Gabriel. It will be good for you, maybe put you in a sunnier disposition.”

Gabriel and I cough immediately and look away from each other. My cheeks are flaming red again and I think with more teasing, they’ll be the same color as my hair.

“She’s married, for goodness’ sake, Zach.” Gabriel grumbles irritably.

“Really? But she smells like she’s a---“

“I just smell good!” I hurriedly cut in. Damn. I know what he’s about to say and I can’t give up that cover now. That is my only remaining defense. I look at Zach nervously. If he insists that I smell like a virgin, I’ll be doomed. Gabriel will be the one throwing a fit that’s definitely not toddler-like.

“Yes. That’s why I trust you with her. Beatrice says this is her disadvantage. A lot of vampires will be more persistent in killing her because she smells like vampire nirvana.”Gabriel puts in.

Zach stares at me curiously and later on beams wide. He laughs amusingly, and I promptly know that my married cover is busted. At least, only to him. “If you say so.” He leaves me a conspiring smile before turning back to Gabriel. “Shall we go?”

“Of course.” Gabriel faces me. “You didn’t pack any of your clothes?”

I roll my eyes. “Those are not my clothes.”

“They’re all yours. I bought them for you the night you got here.”

“Oh.” So, there were no other women. My heart crazily cheers at that.

“Don’t worry. You can pack and bring them there later, Gabriel.” Zach suggests. “We’ll teleport directly inside the cabin. Lizzie and the others are already waiting for us.” He clasps Luke’s shoulder. “Shall we go, Luke? Bis später.

“But---“ I hold out my hand, but the two of them vanish in a heartbeat. Oh my God. I know Luke can’t teleport, but I want to leave with Zach than with Gabriel who’s currently looking at my devastated face impatiently.

“Let’s go.” He steps towards me.

“But… but… I’m not sure this is a good idea…” I back away.

“Andi…” He sighs exasperatingly. “Just hold on to me. You won’t feel a thing. The moment you blink, we’ll already be at Austria. We’re making them wait.”

“It’s not that---”

“I swear I won’t bite you again.” Gabriel stares at me straight with unblinking eyes. “Ever.”

I can see his fervent promise in those beautiful blues. I don’t let go of his gaze as he slowly wraps his hands around my waist. Can I really trust him again? I want to. I really, really want to.

“Hold on to me.”

“But Luke didn’t even touch Zach.”

“Luke is used to teleporting and this is your first time. You don’t want to end up with your upper body in Spain and your lower in Italy.”

I immediately throw my arms around his neck and pull him close. I hear him gasp, surprised by my unanticipated hug.

I sigh and allow myself to drop all of my doubts and remain embracing him. This is only for a few moments... This may never happen again... I close my eyes and relax. I feel his arms tighten around me as he pulls me closer. Gabriel buries his face against my hair and inhales deeply.

I briefly notice the absence of the solid ground under my Converse before stepping on something again. A shriek escapes my mouth, but I instantly calm down when Gabriel’s arms stay wrapped around me. However, I quickly realize that something is wrong. The room is pitch-black.

And I can smell a lot of blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 831 48
Imagine, just for a second, let's imagine you end up somehow travelling into your favourite book. Then you started working your magic and you cosy u...
314K 9.9K 12
I knew I was a freak, I'm weird not stupid - even if I did act like it half the time. It wasn’t normal to be like me, to be afraid of things everyone...
919 14 14
All I want is to be alone. I wish that no one existed. My name is Zeina. I don't talk much. Not at all actually. Well not really. I sign or write thi...
5.7K 502 56
"Who are you?" I asked him but instead of answering my question he suddenly grabs my hand and pulls me for a run. I don't know where he will bring me...