dangerously yours (masquerade)

By jessjaneAH

"You'll find the moonlit night strangely empty. Because when you call my name through them there will be no a... More

Chapter one
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
UPDATE

Chapter two

582 10 1
By jessjaneAH

The train journey was swift. I was now officially undercover. I wore a grand dress with jewels that I couldn't even imagine how much they were worth. I was sent with an undercover helper who would receive the information from Kolenkov. I now have a maid. This lifestyle was entirely foreign to me. I knew this mission would push me to my limits.

Once off the train my bags were carried completely for me by footmen. I was swifty escorted off the train by a dapper looking man in his mid forties. He guided me through the station to the front where the car was already parked outside.

"Thank you, sir." I spoke in a graceful tone.

As we travelled, I watched the raindrops sliding down the window. Rudolph Estafan. The name kept repeating in my head. The plan was already set as to how I would meet him. I would accidentally hand my jewels to him and then he would return them. Easy, I thought. It did not take long however for my mind to wonder. What if he doesn't hand the jewels back? What if he steals them? However, I reassured myself that Kolenkov had researched him and was sure he would return them to me. They are insured anyway.

I looked around at the stunning architecture of Budapest. I had been once before when I was very young with my Mother. I remember it fondly. The streets were bustling. All these people were relying on me. I gulped. I feared that I may fail them. Nonsense I thought. Kolenkov would not have sent me if he did not believe I could do it.

We arrived at the hotel rather speedily. It was situated in an upper-class area on a busy road. The street was intoxicated with ladies in stunning dresses and hats alongside men in dashing suits. I could feel my palms begin to sweat. The exterior was immaculate and the unique architecture was stunning. I exited the car and looked up to see that it must have been about 20 floors high. Statues dangled off the top of the building and in the centre stood a large clock tower. The windows were larger than I'd ever seen before. While admiring the building I hear the maid clearing her throat behind me. It was time to go. As I stepped out of the car the footman took me by the hand. I thanked him again and walked head on into the hotel. This was going to be an experience.

The hotel was bustling. I'd never in my life seen so many people in such a small area. I marched onwards through the crowd to the front desk where a man was situated.

"Good afternoon sir. I am Countess Roshela." I said confidently, very much so aware of my surroundings. "I am to be staying here for four weeks with my maid."

"Welcome Countess." He smiled. "You are to be staying in suit 913. Please sign this and hand this to the man in the suit over there. Here is your key"

He handed me a pristine key with the number 913 engraved in it as well as a small piece of paper I was to hand the man he gestured toward. I took a pen from the front desk, signed the form and off I went.

"Thank you, sir." I said cheerfully and wandered toward the man he had previously gestured too.

"Good evening Madam." said the man as he saw me approaching him.

"Have my bags sent to suit 913." I handed him the small piece of paper confirming my stay and gestured to my maid behind me carrying two bags in each hand.

"Yes Madam." He said as he swiftly took all the bags of my maid.

I turned to my now empty handed maid. "Well I suppose we better get going."

She nodded and we started the long journey toward suit 913.

I bumped into many gentlemen on the way there, none being the mighty Count Estafan I was looking for. I had only been in the hotel for five minutes and somehow was on a first name basis with many of the fine people staying in the hotel. The plan on meeting him was to take place tonight. I must find him.

When entering the room my bags were already placed there. I sighed and turned to my maid.

"Now I must get ready for dinner now shouldn't I?"

The maid nodded and the long process of getting ready commenced. I was bathed and put in the most stunning dark green dress I'd seen in my life. It stopped at my feet and was the perfect length for the highheels I had with me. My hair was glistening and I had my makeup done to a fabulous standard. I hardly recognized the women I was staring at in the mirror. I was ready. It was 6 O'clock. Time for dinner.

I walked elegantly to the five star restaurant situated in the hotel. On the way I met some of the gentlemen I had met earlier.

"Good evening, Countess Roshola." He smiled

"Good evening" I replied, continuing to walk toward the restaurant.

I finally reached the gorgeous glistening restaurant. I was greeted by the man who welcomed me earlier.

"Welcome back, Countess Roshola." He smiled.

"Thank you, Audrais." I replied smiling as my eyes glanced at his name tag, feeling a hint of guilt I did not use his name earlier.

He smiled, "Table for one madam?"

I scanned the restaurant for my target.

"Is count Estefan dining?"

"Oh, he is at the table by the window Madam."

I smiled at Audrais as a sign of thanks and speedily walked over toward Estafan. My heart is pounding now but I have learned how to hide my true emotions very well now. I noticed his silhouette glistening from the light from the window as he elegantly stood up as he finished his drink. The restaurant was bustling with well to do people everywhere. I could hardly focus on my target. As I got closer to my target. I could hear him conversing with another gentleman. I roughly tapped on the shoulder. The plan was now in motion. No turning back now.

"I beg your pardon Madam." He said.

"Here is the necklace and the rings and the bracelet you gave me, Luigi. Take them back I'm through!" I yelled. I turned quickly and could hear him shouting for me.

"Just a moment Madam you've made a... Madam, wait!"

I quickly darted out of the restaurant back to my room and waited. That is all I could. Wait for him to return the jewels.

Back in restaurant

Rudolph attempted to follow the beautiful, mysterious girl but it was of no use. She was gone just like that. He looked down at the jewels in his hand and sighed. Suddenly Audrais appeared from my side.

"Can I be of service, Count Estafan?" he questioned, seeing my seemingly confused and alarmed facial expression.

"Did you see the young lady that stopped at my table?" I questioned.

"Yes," he replied.

"She left these jewels I... don't understand. Do you know who she is?" Rudolph asked.

"She is the countess Roshola. She's in suit 913."

And just like that Rudolph was off to go return these jewels to this breathtaking woman he was instantly intrigued with.

Catherine
I sat patiently in my room, waiting. My wait abruptly ended when I heard a soft few knocks on the door.

"Just a moment" I said, fixing my hair and dress. I took a deep breath while walking towards the door. I opened it and as sure as day it was him.

"Madam you have made a mistake. My name is not Luigi. I've never seen you or these jewels before." He spoke in a firm yet polite tone.

"I know." I replied confidently with a smile. "Won't you come in, Count Estefan?"

I could see he was rather taken aback. He paused for a moment.

"You...You know who I am?" He replied.

"Well of course! You were the most handsome man in the dining room and I was very lonely, so I thought tonight I will have an adventure. I will make an acquaintance of the distinguished Count Estafan."

He slightly blushed my response, which made me blush slightly. He seemed rather humoured which again relieved me ever so slightly.

"How do you know my name?" He smiled.

"It was not difficult to find out." I responded.

"How did you know I wouldn't run off with your jewels." He replied. I wondered how such a horrible man could be so thoughtful to return them. I must confess I did have my doubts about Mr Kolenkovs strong belief that he would return them considering his dastardly plans.

"I took that chance. Besides, they're insured." I flirtatiously laughed at him and he seemed to smile back. Things were going well. "Are you angry?" I laughed.

He laughed. A real laugh. I smiled.

"No, I am not angry. If some kind fate wishes to send a beautiful lady to dine with me I can only be grateful. You will do me the honour, won't you Madam?"

This was going much better than I thought. Night one and we were already dining together. This mission would be easy.

"I should be delighted," I replied.

He reached out for me to link arms and I did so. We walked together down the hall toward the elevator.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607K 24.1K 71
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
289K 34.7K 18
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
652K 33.3K 33
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
1.5M 100K 70
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...