My Shining Star

By Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... More

A/N: intro
Chapter 1: The past & now the present
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 4: Cooped up
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 8: Dance fail
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
πŸ‹ Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
πŸ”“ Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
πŸ‹ Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 17: Top of the chain
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 22: To the beasts city
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
πŸ‹ Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
πŸ‹ Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
πŸ‹ Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
πŸ‹ Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
πŸ”“ Characters Unlocked (2)
πŸ‹ Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
πŸ‹ Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
πŸ‹ Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
πŸ‹ Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
πŸ‹ Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 54: Family problems
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
πŸ‹ Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 16: Not so bad

1.8K 95 4
By Myuseriszoey

(Chapter cover: Instagram/#jinx #underseamanga)

3rd POV

" Oh- it's you again..."

The wolf beastmen stared at the weird female in front of him. Who wore a gleeful smile in her face as she sat down across from him.

(Twitter: #jinx)

There was a great distance in between them, he sat down in the dark corner. She sat near his cave entrance that shone bright light. There was a strained atmosphere around the two as they stared at one another.

The black furry wolf stared into her eyes that were filled with joy and excitement, her aura that emitted around her was like a ball of light that lit up his dark gloomy cave.

Raymond narrowed his eyes away from the blinding light that was Maxine. It was too much for him to handle such a level of brightness. Between the two, Maxine was like a bright sun from the heavens, while he was the opposite emitting a dark gloomy fog around him. His eyes soullessly stared into her lovable eyes that sparkled over a million stars inside.

"Why does she keep coming back?? This female is weird..." Raymond thought, blankly staring at Maxine who just gave him a bright smile.

During her last visit, he tried to send her away by making her get something he left behind in the village. But of course, it was fake since he never once entered the stone wolf tribe. When she left running to get the item, he quickly blocked off his cave with a boulder. So she couldn't enter. He rested in his cave in peace not worrying about the fact that she can't bother him anymore.

But no...

That's when Raymond felt a poke in his nose. He opened his eyes ever so slightly and there she was! The female stood in front of him. She kneeled down with a wooden spoon in her hands lifting it up in that air like she was giving god the spoon as a sacrifice!

"I don't know how she came inside but I need to find a way for her to leave..." He thought, staring at Maxine.

" Why are you here alone.. Where is your male?" Raymond bluntly asked in a hostile tone. He coldly looked at her with a blank expression

" Don't you have something better to do?"

"Hmmmm?? Male?" Maxine hummed thinking what he meant by that. She tilted her head in confusion but after a while a light bulb shined right in the top of her head.

"Male.... Ohhh! You mean Sebastian!"

"Sebby is not my male, he is my b-best friend!" She bashfully said, that made her face slightly red to his remark.

"Best friend??" Raymond thought, confusedly looking at the female weirdly.

There was no such thing as a best friend in the beast world. There was no such thing for a male beastmen to befriend others, it was just unruly for them, especially to a female! Beastmen would never befriend a female, it was unheard of. Instead, if they wanted to court a female then they would pursue her in having the chance to mate not being friends!

The first time they met each other after the incident, Raymond thought she took interest in him and wanted him to become mates. But instead, she just wanted to become friends, which he instantly rejected both ideas. Not wanting to deal with any contact from other orcs.

Raymond knew one thing for sure that this female in front of him was weird and not like other females. Most females he met during his lifetime were snobby, loud, and careless. There were times where they criticized males for failing to provide. Sometimes they would abandon them for their mistake.

At times, she may be a bit annoying to deal with but he started to get used to her presence. She showed so much energy and positivity to him, who is just a lonesome beastmen with nothing going on in his life. Raymond cautiously listens to the white haired female blabber and rants while he lays back in the corner of the cave watching her.

"Anyway, long story short he dropped me off at Lezon's place since he had an expedition with the village chef. He will return by sun down."

" But don't worry about me Ray! I can take care of myself" Maxine hollered waving her fisted hands up and down in the air excitedly. Thinking that Raymond might be worried about her in some way. But to her dismay he looked at her blankly, not caring a single word she spoke.

" Don't you wanna know why I came here.." She dumbfoundedly questioned, moving her head slightly towards him like it was a secret.

Raymond hastily turned away facing the stone wall behind him as he didn't feel like answering her question. Since he already knew the answer to her stupid question and it was useless to talk about it now.

Soon the atmosphere between the two became stiff again like she was talking to a rock. She smiled bright back at him, who was still facing the wall. Maxine sighed, knowing that he wasn't much of a talker during her visit, although she was willing to try to make him talk even if it meant giving dumb questions.

***
Maxine POV

To be honest, it took me a couple of weeks to figure out his identity when he said his name so vaguely. It made my brain cells fried trying to recall who he was. Now I know that he plays an important factor in the story plot line since he was the 3rd male lead that supported the heroine.

The story goes he falls in love with her when she sings a song that makes his heart flutter an- BLEH! Feels so corny who the hell falls in love with someone just by their voice!? I don't know about you but it feels like she is some sort of princess in a nutshell.. Which princess you may ask, don't know. But she acts like that but more of a crackhead, not considering males feelings and only taking them lightly.

In the book not much was said about Ray, only that he followed the heroine everywhere she went, whether it was somewhere he cannot go he still followed. That shows how much loyalty he had devoted to her.

However, he died at the end during the rescue in saving her from the villain alongside the heroines soon to be mates. No not the male leads of the story but a random character that popped out of nowhere! whom she considers her true love, worthy to be with her.

I felt more furious that Ray died for nothing, the heroine didn't even mourn his death nor did she recognize his contributions and efforts after his death. The only thing she said was a big fat "Oh..." with a blank expression on her face like she didn't know him whatsoever. Like how the hell do you not remember him?! he literally followed you everywhere, acting as a personal guard everywhere she went.

Remember that big celebration they had in the end? Yea.. it was for her one true love in defeating the villain, all that bullshit. Not even once she honored him whatsoever despite the many times he saved her.

The first time I met Raymond in the forest I felt pity for him since he reminds me of my past self. His eyes looked so lifeless and dead inside like a hollow body without a soul. When he turned his head around the vast forest it felt like he lost a part of himself, left behind somewhere.

Those tired jade eyes looked dull and dreary lacking the sparkle in it. I could feel his hurt, the way he whimpered alone in the dark when I was watching him. He and I were alike in different aspects, we were both lonely and afraid that fear would swallow us up.

But I believe that he can change, he has what it takes to truly feel happy without following his original path in the storyline. He doesn't need her, he is just fine without her involvement.

Actually, he is a million times better without her! His love for her was a one sided relationship. The only thing she did to Ray was causing him pain and suffering during the story. I just need to guide him in the right direction to a different path.

In the corner of the wall, I saw Ray's jade eyes glancing peeks at me from behind. I tried to get his attention by affectionately calling his name but that made him more alarmed. It made him turn around instantly facing back at the stone wall.

His fuzz black tail was tucked under his body and fluffy ears dropping down. My eyes sparkled looking at Ray but how adorable he looks! I held my cheeks tightly fantasizing over him and his cuteness. He looked like a puppy that was sent in time out for the trouble it caused.

His fuzzy coat and thick body makes me want to squeeze him tightly and never want to let go! God I wish I could take him right his instant and put him in my pocket. His cute face will cheer me up any day!

I tried calling him one more time to attract his attention but nope.. I shrugged my shoulders as it looked like his face was glued on to the wall. He laid down against the stone wall with his fuzzy bum showing right in front of me.

I sighed "Oh well, it can't be helped... I'll just wait for him to get used to me. It's not like the story started yet. We still have one more year to go before she comes into the picture. I just need to change both of their paths before then."

***
3rd POV

"Raymond.." Maxine sternly said, making him turn around ever so slightly, thinking that it might be a serious matter just by the change in her voice.

" You might not trust me now but in the future if you need help I'm always available.." Maxine gently said smiling fondly

Raymond was left dazed, speechless over what she said. He couldn't accept reality and neither did the fact that someone out there cared for his existence like he was now a part of this beastworld. No one in this lifetime ever noticed him, not even his own mother! Like other females his mother never cared for him, once he was old enough she left him to fend for himself.

His face stood there blankly, shocked by her caring words. It made his jade eyes shimmer a little like there was hope inside those dull less eyes. He stared into Maxine's affectionate expression, the warmth in her eyes soothed his freezing heart. It was the first time he felt this way, no one even acknowledged him nor showed him this amount of kindness.

This female in front of him, who he thought was an annoying pest that kept coming back to his cave, was actually not so bad after all. Yea sure he might consider her to be a little annoying at times but Raymond soon realized that her presence grew on him. Her frequent visits gave him company and enjoyment to his boring life.

Raymond observed her from a distance when her lips began to move again. He curiously listened to the kind hearted female who idiotically made weird facial expressions. She had a big smile right across her face and her cheeks were puffy red. It was like she found a very cute animal in the side of the forest and that she wanted to take it as a companion.

" You might not consider me as a friend but if we do become friends we can be best friends!"

"Wait?! Actually, you and Sebastian will be my best friends. Just don't fight! I know Sebastian will get jealous if I have another best friend other than him but it's alright! " she cheerfully said before bidding farewell to Ray as it was time for her to depart back home.

(Anime: Dress up my darling)

She left out a loving laugh that revealed her stunning smile. She lifted her thumbs up supporting whatever he was doing. The black haired beasts inside the cave held his laugh to her amusing act.

He blankly stared at the cave entrance that had bits of the Maxine's presence left behind by her scent. It caused his lips to form a smile right across his face.

"What a silly female" he gently said, chuckling at her words that made his lips form a wide smile across his face.

Thanks for reading! ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.4K 81
You , just take the path through the woods to your favorite spot to relax on the river beach when a sand tornado takes you to Beastworld wait I don't...
42.2K 2.1K 26
Vivian is an almighty being who came from a family line of powerful magicians or what others call "witches". The good old: brooms, curses, and evil h...
7.8K 57 7
ฅ⁠^β β€’β ο»Œβ β€’β ^⁠ฅThese recommendations include polyandry and smut. The story is about a female main character who transmigrates to a jungle world full of...
23.3K 1.2K 11
Adia, a newly 22 year old trying to complete a bachelor's degree in wildlife biology and nursing, ends up in the beast world after tripping, who will...