𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀...

By -TSUKIS

── INSO'S LAW in which baek solbi gets dragged along by the heavenly kings' sunshine. fem!oc x woo ju-in More

intro: baek solbi
one
two
three
five

four

196 23 4
By -TSUKIS

𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮

solbi wanted to punch herself in the face. if she punched herself in the face, and give herself a black eye while she was at it, then she could excuse herself to the nurse's office. if she was at the nurse's office then she wouldn't have to turn in that cursed math homework that was incomplete. but in her defense, it wasn't really 100% her fault.

it was woo ju-in's fault. if he hadn't taken her to eun hugo's house to play games then she wouldn't have knocked out the moment she got home, completely forgetting her homework and sleeping for 12 hours straight.

but all the "if, thens" in the world couldn't erase the fact that her math worksheet remained empty with only five minutes until it was collected. her eyes drifted to the open window wondering if broken legs, or possibly death, was better than getting scolded by the teacher.

solbi really didn't want to fill her math homework with random numbers, again, but she didn't see any other option. the teacher usually collects homework at the end of class, so she can just sneakily do it during class and then—

"solbi-ah." there the red-haired devil with an angel like face stood in front of her desk. "i'm collecting the math homework right now. teacher kim wants me to get it in advance so she's not rushing at the end of class anymore."

solbi couldn't do anything but stare at him wide eyed. although he didn't mean to, kwon eunhyung had effectively ruined her life forever. well not really, but in the moment it did feel like it. solbi is aware that she's an awful student but she has always avoided getting yelled at by teachers. she could already see her future — under the harsh glare of her teacher scolding her, and her classmates inquisitive stares, she would break down, cry, and have to run away and live in the woods for the rest of her life.

seeing the lack of response, eunhyung's eyes landed on the homework on her desk. which was obviously blank. he smiled a little. the, still wide eyed, girl in front of him did not look the type to forget homework (he would soon realize it's bad to assume things about people since she, without fail, always places in the bottom five).

"you're the last person i have to get it from solbi. i'll help you finish— well. i'll help you start it." he said, sitting down in yeomin's seat.

solbi still couldn't be what was happening. he laughed lightly and moved her hand off the worksheet so he could move the paper a bit closer to himself. when he touched her hand she finally snapped out of her trance, one which she was imagining him in princely clothes again.

"thank you so much!" her head was bowed and tilted slightly so he wouldn't see the faint pink dusted on it.

"don't worry, as class president it's the least i can do for you. let's get along solbi." if he smiled one more time she would melt into a puddle. "for this one you have to..."

ju-in didn't like what he was seeing one bit. he's been trying so hard to be solbi's friend. he didn't mind it taking time because he could tell she was awkward and shy, so she has a hard time opening up. he's fine with that! if anything it's more fun. it would be way more worth it when they finally become close friends (in his mind they were already decent friends). he promised himself that he wouldn't cause her trouble at school by clinging onto her.

but why is she so comfortable with eunhyung? ju-in gloomily looked at how sparkly eyed she was while listening to the red head. if she wanted help ju-in was more than willing to help her. when she laughed at something he said, ju-in wanted to burst in and ask what was so funny so he could also be part of their little joke. he had to restrain himself however. he knew that if solbi felt embarrassed in front of him, again, she would probably run off into a forest and live there forever. and he didn't want to move into the forest just to see her.

so he just kept whatever he was feeling to himself. of course his best friend next to him noticed ju-in's sulky glare and couldn't help but smile to himself.

solbi was saved from humiliation all thanks to her second angel, eunhyung. speaking of her angels, solbi's first one looked like she had something to say to her.

during break solbi was washing her hands in the bathroom when dan-i had approached her.

"um..." dan-i had started. solbi jumped because she didn't expect dan-i to talk to her first.

"sorry!" dan-i said somewhat startled as well.

solbi opened her mouth to apologize too but realized that it'll just end in an apologizing battle again. so she wiped her hands and replied, "it's okay!"

"well... i am sorry that i scared you just now. but i'm also sorry that we haven't talked a lot. you know... after yeomin..." dan-i said apologetically.

wah! dan-i is so nice! solbi just wanted to pinch her cheeks. it wasn't dan-i's fault that yeomin hated her, but here dan-i was apologizing to her— something yeomin couldn't do.

"you don't have to worry about it. i understand yeomin was a bit... much." solbi said trying to bite back her smile and leave the bathroom quickly. she was afraid that she crazy smile would scare off dan-i. but her quick exit made dan-i think that solbi was mad at her.

"i-if you want—!" dan-i began. she stopped talking for a moment because of how fast solbi had turned back around.

solbi was a bit unaware how her rbf can come off as scary to some.

a little shaken, dan-i began, "if you want you can come over to my house today to hang out! yeoryeong is also coming. so i think the four heavenly kings will also tag along. you should come too!"

"...i-if you want to that is!" dan-i restated.

solbi was also unaware that her prolonged silence can also come off as scary to some.

she was weighing her options. hanging out with dan-i: yay! having to also hang around with the gaggle of sparkly people that trail along with dan-i: neigh! just the thought was stressing her out. but it is sad that she can't hang out with dan-i.

solbi steeled her nerves and tried to make her face as neutral as possible. "sorry dan-i. maybe another day. just the two of us." she then quickly left the bathroom.

poor stupid solbi.

she was once again unaware that her frozen face and concise speech most definitely comes off as scary to some.

and dan-i just happens to be part of said 'some'.

solbi had all day to think over dan-i's offer. maybe it wouldn't be too crazy if solbi hung out with them. after all she was somewhat familiar with jiho and eunhyung, and especially ju-in. she felt her anxious heart calm down just a bit.

she had decided on finding dan-i before she left and asking if the offer was still available. when they were finally dismissed solbi made her way over to dan-i and yeoryeong who were in the middle of a conversation. solbi didn't want to interrupt so she waited for them to finish.

"...you weren't there yeoryeong! she was so scary! i thought if i was nice everything would be okay, but then she said 'another day. just the two of us'—" wait a minute. that's what solbi had told dan-i.

"— i swear she's going to kill me! honestly it's kind of good she didn't want to come—"

oh. solbi didn't stay to hear the rest and left. she felt guilty for listening to their private conversation but it also opened her eyes.

was that how dan-i thought of her? scratch that, was that how everyone thought of her? she will admit that she looks mean at first glance, and maybe her glasses don't help make her super friendly and approachable, but she never thought that it'd scare people that bad.

it doesn't matter though! solbi never chases after others friendships so it's better that she knew now rather than later.

how awful would it be if she actually got close to them. everyone would've thought that she threatened the insanely good looking friend group. what a relief that she doesn't have to stress about them anymore.

everything is okay.

"hey dan-i! we're still going to your place right?" ju-in said.

"yup! we're just waiting for eunhyung to get back from the office, he's dropping off papers."

ju-in noticed someone else was missing and frowned. "i thought you were going to ask solbi to come too?"

dan-i sweat dropped. "i asked but she didn't want to come. maybe next time?" she said more hopefully.

ju-in nodded with a smile. next time he'll just ask her to join himself. after all, she can't say no to him.

but he didn't realize that next time wouldn't come. solbi was dead set on avoiding him and all of his friends all together.

edited. 1550+ words

ok i lied turns out editing everything took way less time than i expected so i republished literally a day after that announcement ijbol

chapters now coming out weekly on tuesdays! (+ chapter 5 today as a thank you for being so patient <3)

comment and vote!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
18.8K 1.3K 21
Fate was cruel, yes, but Sakura hadn't realized how much until the universe decided to teach her by kicking her out of her world and into another. On...
1.1M 46.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
3K 55 6
He was powerless that night, but not anymore.