𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

The Break Up

1.7K 74 57
By mayasbitxh

Quinn held Adalynn close to her as they layed in bed. The younger girl's head rested on the blonde's chest, and Quinn had a protective arm wrapped around her waist while the other lightly rubbed up and down her back.

The brunette relaxed in the older girl's arms. Everything felt like how it was before she moved, and it was almost like those months apart never happened.

"So, how's college?" Adalynn asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yale's great," said Quinn. "It's a challenge, but I love a challenge. I miss you a lot, so that sucks. But other than that, it's great."

"I miss you too," the younger girl sighed as the blonde held her closer. "Are... are the people there nice?"

"Yeah," Quinn nodded.

"I bet they're cooler than me."

"Addie, don't go there."

"I bet the girls there are prettier than me too, and–"

"Adalynn Emilia Hummel," Quinn said, sitting up and forcing the younger girl to look at her. "You can't compare yourself to other people, especially if you're just assuming things about them because they go to an ivy league school. There's no one like you."

"But–"

Quinn cut her off by tenderly pressing their lips together. Adalynn relaxed, and her worries washed away.

They pulled away after a moment, both girls panting for air. Their foreheads rested together, and the blonde gently caressed the brunette's cheek with the pad of her thumb.

"There's no one else, Addie," Quinn whispered before connecting their lips again and pushing Adalynn down onto the bed.

****

Marjorie was with Marley at her locker. They were talking about Glee Club and how they both felt like they were having trouble fitting in with the others since they were all so close with one another.

Marley closed her locker after putting her Algebra textbook away, and that's when they saw Kitty with a smirk on her face.

"Hi, boobless. Hey, school slut," the blonde greeted the two. "It's my duty as a soldier of the lord to invite you to McKinley's newest and most important club, the Left Behind Club."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jori asked, furrowing her brows at the flier Kitty handed her.

"Kitty thinks the end of times is coming," said Jake.

"It's a fact that the Book of Revelations predicted Twitter," Kitty retorted. "It's one of the seven signs of the apocalypse, along with porn, unexplainable weather anomalies, Martian rovers, Barney Frank, the Middle East and MSNBC. The Left Behind Club accepts everyone, even losers and lezzies, so your whole Glee Club's invited. You're welcome to join us as long as you're not a Muslim. It's like Kirk Cameron said, 'It's never too late, until it's too late.'"

****

Adalynn, Quinn, Bailey, and Tina walked into Breadstix for some club Kitty invited them to. Bailey caught sight of raven hair and gasped.

"Santana!"

The Latina turned in the direction of the voice and smiled when she saw the trio.

"Bailey, your hair!" Santana gasped as she got up from her seat to hug her girlfriend's little sister.

"I finally learned how to use a hair straightener," Bailey chuckled.

"It looks really good," the older girl smiled at the blonde before hugging Adalynn.

"I missed you," the brunette said, smiling softly.

"I missed you too, Ada."

"Okay, that's enough hugging," Quinn said as she pulled the two apart.

"Possessive as ever, huh, Fabgay?" Santana teased.

"Shut up, Lezpez," the blonde scoffed.

Adalynn exchanged a look with Tina and Bailey as the two college students stared at each other.

"And so the rivalry continues," Tina joked as they went to sit down with Brittany.

Out of the corner of her eye, Quinn noticed Marjorie staring at Adalynn. She sent the womanizer a glare as she placed a hand on her girlfriend's thigh.

Jori rolled her eyes and looked away as Kitty started talking.

"Okay, everybody, listen up," the sophomore began. "Y'all are sinners, and you better get right with God because Jesus just logged onto Orbitz and booked himself a plane ticket back to Earth. He's got an awesome dad named God who's throwing him a bitchin' party called Armageddon where he's gonna get to kick off his sandals, dance a bit, and judge the crap out of everybody."

"What in heterosexual hell?" Adalynn asked, furrowing her brows.

"Hi. I have a question," Santana spoke up. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Um, the Rapture," Kitty said as if it was the most obvious thing. "When the end of times come, the true believers in Christ will be lifted up, body and soul, into heaven, leaving everyone else to duke it out."

"Ladies and gentlemen, let the 74th annual Hunger Games begin," Bailey joked as Tina laughed.

"What about those of us who don't believe in this religious crap?" Adalynn asked, her lips pursed.

"Or those who are still on the fence about all this?" Dottie added.

"I don't know what there is to be on the fence about, Dottie," Kitty scoffed. "And you," she said, turning to Adalynn. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, a smirk forming on her lips. "It's no wonder you don't believe, lezzie."

"Alright, let me at her!" Adalynn yelled, standing up.

"Bad dog, Adalynn," Quinn said, pulling her girlfriend back down onto the seat.

"I just heard there's an elderly Japanese woman who fell down in the bathroom," Kitty said as Dottie's eyes widened. "She doesn't speak English, and she needs your help."

"I'll be right back," Dottie said as she got up and went to the bathroom.

"Guys, come on," Brittany said as she stood up. "We should help her."

"No, wait, Britt, I'm pretty sure I know what's going on here," said Santana.

"Okay, everybody, let's go," Kitty announced, clapping her hands together. "Move it, move it, move it!"

Adalynn furrowed her brows as everyone laid clothes down on the chairs and booths. She exchanged a look with Tina and Bailey before the three friends stood up and followed everyone out of the restaurant.

"What the actual fuck is this club?" Quinn mumbled confusedly.

"I only came because Britt was going," Bailey shrugged.

"I don't like that Kitty bitch," Adalynn grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest and shuffling her combat boots on the concrete.

Screaming was heard from inside, and the Unholy Trinity exchanged a look with the Junior Unholy Trinity before walking back into the restaurant, where Dottie was sitting on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest as she rocked back and forth and took deep breaths to calm herself down.

"That's what it feels like to be left behind, Dottie Kazatori!" Kitty yelled, jumping up from where she was hiding behind a booth.

"Kitty!" Jake yelled. "This has gone way too far. Dottie seems pretty damaged."

"Addie, come on," Quinn said, wrapping an arm around Adalynn's waist. "Let's go home."

"No, I'm not leaving," the younger girl said, pushing Quinn away. "Being left behind sucks."

"Adalynn, it was just a stupid prank."

"You don't get it. You left me behind, and it hurt," Adalynn said before walking over to where Bailey and Tina were sitting with Dottie.

Quinn sighed and exchanged a look with Santana, who also seemed to be feeling the same guilt she was.

****

Adalynn walked into the choir room, gasping when she saw Finn.

"You're alive!" the younger girl exclaimed, running up to hug her brother, who picked her up and spun her around. "I missed you so much, Finny," she said, smiling up at the boy as he put her down.

"I missed you too, Adalynn," Finn smiled. "Oh! I have something for you." He picked up his letterman jacket from where it was sitting on the chair and handed it to her.

"Thank you!" Adalynn gasped, quickly sliding her arms through the baggy sleeves.

Finn chuckled at how big the jacket was on her and pulled her into another hug as the Glee kids filed into the choir room.

"Finn!" Sam exclaimed. "Dude, what's up?"

"I'm just passing through, visiting my mom, Burt, and Adalynn, and Mr. Schue said I could come by if I wanted," Finn said as he hugged the younger boy.

"Finn Hudson in the house, yo!" Artie exclaimed.

"Do you know who that is?" Jake asked as Marley and Jori shook their heads.

"For all of you guys who don't know, this is Finn Hudson," said Julian. "He's a Newd Erections alumni."

"I thought you joined the army?" Tina asked as she ran up and hugged Finn.

"Someone has to keep Julian from burning the place down, so I knew I had to come back," Finn said as Julian scoffed and placed a hand to his chest in mock offense.

"And things don't always work out the way you plan them," Mr. Schue said as he came into the choir room. "I said to Finn the same thing I say to everyone who comes through this club. We're a family, and you're always welcome here. Even if you just need to take a break and think things through. In any case, we have a lot to do today. First order of business, deciding what the fall musical's gonna be."

"I already have that covered," Adalynn said, standing up and handing Mr. Schue a flier. "This year's musical is Heathers. I'm not taking criticism on that, because I'm right."

"Um, Adalynn, I'm not sure this musical is very appropriate," Mr. Schue frowned.

"And Rocky Horror was?" the brunette scoffed. "Listen here, Mr. Pedo. This is my senior year, and I want to make the most of it. Heathers is the perfect musical, and the songs are amazing."

The teacher sighed and looked down at the Heathers flier Adalynn handed him.

"I think you should listen to Adalynn, Mr. Schue," Julian shrugged as Ava nodded.

"Ada es geenis," the younger twin said.

"Please?" Bailey asked, hugging Maya. "Heathers would be so much fun."

"Fine," Mr. Schue sighed as Adalynn smiled and sat down, high-fiving Tina. "Heathers it is."

****

Later that day, Adalynn got a text from Quinn asking her to meet in the choir room. When she walked in, she could sense it in the air that something was wrong. When the blonde looked up and met her gaze, her suspicions were confirmed.

"Is everything okay?" Adalynn asked as she sat down across from Quinn.

"Sophomore year I used to watch you from the back of the choir room," the older girl said. "I didn't know what it was, but I knew there was something special about you. I'd count the number of times we'd make eye contact, or you'd smile at me, and die a little inside on days neither happened. You were always there for me through everything, and I feel guilty that I haven't done the same for you."

"What are you talking about?" Adalynn asked. "You've been here for me."

"Not enough. Especially not recently," Quinn shook her head, her voice breaking as tears filled her eyes. "Adalynn... we both know this isn't working."

"W-wait–"

"No, Addie, let me finish." She sighed and took the younger girl's hand. "This is the first time we've been apart in three years, and this hasn't been easy for either of us. My schedule is so busy, and I hate that I hardly have time at the end of the day to check in on you."

Adalynn bit her lip. She cursed herself internally for the tears filling her eyes.

You will not cry over Quinn fucking Fabray.

"We have to face the truth here," Quinn continued, a tear falling down her cheek. "Long distance relationships never work, especially at our age. And I... I can't keep living with the guilt of you thinking I'm too busy for you. I'm always gonna make time for you, I just don't have enough space in my schedule to do so."

Quinn reached a hand out and gently wiped a tear off of Adalynn's cheek. She gave her hand a small squeeze.

"Addie... I hate doing this, and I know it's gonna be hard for you, but..." Quinn sucked in a shaky breath and lowered her gaze. She couldn't bear to see the hurt look on Adalynn's face. "We... we have to break up. It's the only way either of us are gonna be able to adjust to the distance."

Adalynn sniffled and wiped her tears with the sleeve of Finn's letterman jacket. She knew this was coming, but it hurt so much more than she thought it would.

"Just know that I will always love you the most, okay?" Quinn pulled Adalynn into a hug, her heart breaking at the way she tensed up. "Always."

"I love you too," Adalynn said, choking out a sob as tears fell down her face.

****

After spending the evening with their friends and holding them as they cried, Bailey and Tina headed downstairs to make Adalynn and Brittany something to eat.

Tina got some ingredients out of the fridge and pantry as Bailey filled a pot with water and placed it on the stove before turning the heat on.

"I've never seen either of them so upset before," Tina said as she opened up a package of spaghetti.

"I guess that's what happens when you really love someone," Bailey shrugged. "Is that how you felt about you and Mike?"

"Yeah," Tina nodded. "Sorta. I did love him, but now I think it's better that we broke up."

"Why's that?" the blonde asked as she sprinkled some salt into the pot of water.

"I... you know, um... it's... it doesn't matter. That's the past, and I just want to focus on the future."

The water began boiling, and Tina added the pasta.

"Do you think you two will ever get back together?" Bailey asked as she began shredding some parmesan cheese.

"Probably not," the brunette shook her head. "Like I said, it's in the past."

Bailey nodded in understanding as she took some tomato sauce out of the pantry. She set it down on the counter before taking some basil out of the fridge. She set it down on the cutting board and used the knife to chop it into smaller pieces.

The two worked in a comfortable silence as they made dinner. Lord Tubbington came into the kitchen and jumped up onto the counter. He watched the two friends with his usual unamused look before jumping down and rubbing up against Tina's leg.

"Hi, cutie," Tina smiled as she leaned down and scratched Lord Tubbington behind the ears. He purred in approval before walking out of the kitchen, his tail swishing back and forth.

"He really likes you," Bailey said as she turned the heat off of the stove and drained the water. She set the pot back onto the stove and added the tomato sauce. "So do I," she added under her breath.

"What?" Tina asked, her head snapping in her best friend's direction.

"What? N-nothing," Bailey said, her eyes widening as she stirred the sauce into the spaghetti.

"Bailey, look at me," the brunette said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Both girl's felt sparks fly at the contact. Bailey looked over at Tina, her blue eyes staring into the other girl's brown ones.

It was then that she realized how close they were. Her gaze drifted down to Tina's lips before returning to her eyes. Her sparkling mocha orbs were filled with adoration, and, much like her own blue ones, they seemed to say 'I love you.'

Bailey slowly started to lean in. She stopped for a moment, but when Tina didn't make a move to stop her, she leaned in again.

"Baileeeey!" Adalynn whined, running down the stairs.

Tina quickly took a step back as Bailey turned back to the stove and began to spoon the spaghetti onto the plates.

"Bailey, where's Ava?" Adalynn asked as she came into the kitchen.

"She's with Julian at your house," Bailey said as Adalynn pouted.

"Not fair," she whined as she sat down at the table and laid her head in her arms.

"Where's Brittany?" Tina asked as she sprinkled the parmesan cheese onto the spaghetti.

"Right here," Brittany said as she walked into the kitchen and sat down next to Adalynn at the table. She placed a hand on her back and comfortingly rubbed it. "Don't be sad, Lynn. I don't want you to be a sad little panda."

"I am a sad little panda," Adalynn sniffled as tears filled her eyes.

"It's gonna be okay," the older girl cooed, wrapping an arm around the brunette's shoulders.

Bailey and Tina set the plates of pasta down on the table. Adalynn looked at it, more tears filling her eyes as she turned to bury her face in the crook of Brittany's neck.

"Our first real date was at Breadstix," Adalynn cried.

"Shh, it's okay," Brittany whispered, holding the younger girl's trembling body close to her.

Bailey and Tina exchanged a look with one another. Whatever was going on between them would be figured out later. Right now, they needed to be there for their friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...
23.6K 1.3K 15
In where two girls hold a secret that comes back to bite them in the ass. Only to leave their hearts singing. Quinn Fabray x G!P OC Season 1-? I do...
49.9K 2.1K 29
{Ongoing, just so wattapad won't delete} Being the Only Girl on the William McKinley's Football Team was something Bella Hummel didn't know would ha...
82.9K 996 18
AU: Punk!Quinn and G!P Quinn with Cheerio!Rachel. Beginning Sophomore year at McKinley, Rachel has a very decent, normal life until she meets Quinn F...