The Dragon Stone ↣ Riven ↢

By InnoRLx

FATE: THE WINX SAGA Rose Lindor starts her journey of becoming the fire fairy she's always wanted to be at Al... More

Prologue
01: Here's To A New Adventure
02: Fiery Feisty Fire Fairy
03: Miss suitcase
04: Are You High Right Now?
05: It's Definitely Not On My Schedule To Go Third Wheeling
06: Is My Face What Heaven Looks Like To You?
07: Yes, Hit Me
08: Girls Aren't Really My Thing
09: Are You Into Me?
10: I Did Miss You
11: Where's The Fire At?
12: You Seem Like A Nice Person
13: Don't Worry About It
14: I Get It, He's Hot
15: Come On, Live A Little
16: Consider Me Impressed
17: Creeping In The Dark Doesn't Look Good On You
18: Is That All You've Got?
19: I Would Never Turn You Away
20: You Almost Burned Me!
21: You Could Use A Little Distraction
22: He's Bad News
23: You Can Stay Here
24: Back Off
26: We're The Winx
27: Does It Still Hurt?
28: No Way In Hell
29: Control Is Overrated Anyway
30: Roommate swap?
31: That's What Friends Are For
32: Remembering That I Love You Is Enough

25: I'm No Good For You

933 22 9
By InnoRLx

"I saw scars upon a broken-hearted lover"

Rose was currently standing in front of Riven's dorm, guessing that that was where he had gone.

She strained her ears and reached out with her magic to try to figure out if someone was inside, but it proved to be difficult as the sound of her heart beating in her chest overpowered most of the other noises.

She was nervous. Riven had walked off without saying anything and there was a 90% change of him being upset with her.

She tried to focus again and this time her ears picked up on breathing, so she hesitantly knocked on the door.

Silence. No sounds could be heard coming from inside and it didn't look like anyone was going to let her in. Still sure Riven was inside, she knocked again, but this time more urgently.

''I know you're in there, please open the door,'' Rose tried, her voice pleading.

Finally, she could hear the shuffling of feet inside, accompanied with a groan, but as nothing was happening yet, she tried to knock one more time.

Just as her knuckles were about to collide with the door, it swung open, an aggravated looking Riven on the other side.

Fortunately for Rose, his reflexes were faster than her own and he caught her hand before it could come into contact with his body. He pulled on her arm, tugging her inside and closed the door behind them in one swift motion.

''What do you think you're doing?!'' he fumed as he had her pinned against the door, trapping her in between his arms.

Rose could tell he was angry, sad and a bit lost all at the same time. It was obvious he was hurting and knowing him, he was going to try his hardest to hide it behind a mask of anger.

Figuring that out was the easy part but calming him down was probably going to be a bit more challenging.

His breathing was quick and shallow, chest rapidly rising and falling and the look in his eyes was murderous, but Rose wasn't intimidated by him. She knew it was all a facade.

She gave him a few seconds to regain his composure and took a deep breath before she spoke up. ''Riv,'' she said softly as she tried to look into his eyes, but he averted his own.

She pressed a hand against his chest, applying a bit of pressure to get him to step back and he did, though he shook his head in annoyance as he did so.

''Don't look at me like that,'' Riven said, his voice stern and distant as he walked away to take a seat on his bed.

His head was buried in his hands, his elbows leaning on his knees, and somehow this version of him alarmed her even more. It wasn't just anger holding him in a tight grip, it was also defeat.

''Like what?'' Rose asked as she followed him, taking a seat on the ground in front of him. ''Like I'm worried about you?''

''Like you fucking pity me, Rose!'' he snapped, his voice full of vexation. ''It's pathetic. It makes me feel pathetic.''

Rose had to think of what to say to him. She knew she had to thread carefully. ''You're not pathetic. You're hurting, and that's okay.''

''No, I'm fine!'' Riven retaliated.

''Except you're not,'' Rose disagreed as she let out a soft scoff. ''You were about to accept a beating for something that isn't your fault.''

She felt slightly bad for confronting him with his feelings like this, but he had been ignoring them for two weeks now and he obviously wasn't healing or coming to terms with what had happened.

''It was my fault,'' Riven let out through gritted teeth as he finally looked up to meet her eyes. His stare was cold and hard, like he was just talking to a stranger. ''I know you don't want to see it, but it's the truth. I'm not who you want me to be, Rose.''

He waved his hands around in frustration, his jaw clenched and the vein in his neck clear as he let out the words.

Before Rose knew what was happening, Riven had gotten up off the bed and had walked back over to the door. He wanted her to leave, and she would be lying if she said it didn't hurt.

Something in the way he moved, the way his voice sounded, caused a nauseated feeling to well up inside of her and her stomach felt tight due to the level of anxiety she was experiencing. This was taking a turn for the worse, and it was all because she kept throwing his feelings in his face.

''What are you even talking about?'' Rose shot back. ''This isn't just about Derek, is it?''

She was still sat on the ground, not planning to move anytime soon even though it was clear that he didn't want her around.

''Just go!'' he yelled, causing her to flinch a little. ''It isn't working. This isn't working.''

Rose knew what he was talking about. He was talking about the two of them. She could feel the prickling in her eyes, tear ducts doing their job as a sharp sting went through her body. But she wasn't going to let him do this.

''Don't do this, Riven,'' she spoke as firmly as possible while getting up on her feet. ''One bad experience and you're pushing me away. Is that really how you want this to end?''

Even though she might seem calm on the outside, like she knew what she was doing, on the inside she was full on panicking. She had seen him angry before, she had seen him sad before, but right now, it was hatred that radiated off of him.

''I'm no good for you. You'll probably end up leaving me after I fuck up again,'' he said as his hand impatiently rested on the doorknob.

It was obvious now. His hatred was directed towards himself, and Rose couldn't decide whether or not that was worse than having his hatred directed towards her.

She took a deep breath as she walked over to him, but instead of walking out, she used her magic to create a wall of fire in front of the door, causing him to step away from it in surprise.

''Fuck, Rose,'' he cursed loudly. ''Don't make this so fucking difficult.''

His hands flew up into his hair as he let out the words, slightly pulling on the strands in exasperation, and the sight in front of her made her heart ache, a burning and throbbing pain now settling in her chest.

''In case it wasn't clear to you, I'm not leaving,'' she retorted, trying to equal the tone of his voice. ''So go ahead, unleash your worst,'' she continued as her voice turned shaky. ''You can get angry, yell at me, stomp on my heart, tell me you don't want me in your life anymore, but right now, I'm not going anywhere.''

By the time she had finished rambling, she was out of breath, her lungs stinging. It wasn't because her speech was that long, it was because she was struggling to breathe properly as her emotions were messing with her mind and the suffocating silence that surrounded them wasn't helping either.

''Then you're just plain stupid,'' he countered eventually, his voice low and deadly. ''You know what Terra says about me, right? I ruin people and you're no different.'' He started to walk over to her, his steps slow and his posture intimidating. ''I'm done with you.''

Rose's eyes involuntarily squeezed shut at his cruel tone, tears prickling on the inside even though she fought her hardest to keep them in.

Taking a deep breath again, she tried to remind herself that he was just lashing out because he was hurting. ''Okay,'' she started, her voice trembling a bit. ''That's okay but pushing me away is not going to solve your problems.''

''That's okay?'' he repeated, his voice loud as he was standing in front of her. ''What the fuck are you talking about. I just want you to get out!''

A tear had slipped from her eye, rolling down her cheek while he was talking, and it seemed to affect him as his voice wavered slightly. He was lying, and the way his eyes had softened gave it away.

''Do you really?'' she asked firmly, as she stepped even closer to him, bodies only inches apart.

Her response seemed to catch him off guard, doubt flashing in his eyes, and she took advantage of it by putting her hands on his waist as she looked up at him.

''Do you really want me to get out?''

This time, her voice was soft and coaxing, calling on his soft spot for her.

''Just stop, Rose,'' Riven said as he grabbed ahold of her arms and disappointment stirred inside of her.

She was about to let go of him, to take a step back, but before she could, his hands moved down to her waist, keeping her in place.

''What if I really hurt you?'' he questioned, his voice strained as if it was physically paining him to get the words out.

Rose had succeeded to pierce through his act, his walls slowly crumbling and relief washed over her.

''I think some people are worth hurting for,'' she responded as she let her hands trail up over his arms, causing him to let out a sigh before he spoke up again.

''What if you end up hating me?''

The thought of hating him made her inhale sharply. He would have to hurt her in the worst way possible for that to happen. ''That would suck, really bad, but at least I'd know I tried. I'd know we tried.''

''I want to try,'' he whispered, as he wiped away her tear. ''I'm sorry.''

His lips were hovering over hers, but not touching and she wasn't going to let that happen anyway. She softly pushed him back, earning a confused look from him.

''Kissing me is not going to solve your problems.''

''Are you sure?'' he asked cheekily, a grin spreading on his lips. ''Don't you think we should at least try?''

Seeing his playful side again spread warmth through her body and it took all of her strength not to give into him.

''I am sure,'' she laughed as she walked away, not trusting herself enough to resist him if they stayed that close.

''Well, personally, I think you denying me your touch is not helping,'' he chuckled as he followed her across the room, arms wrapping around her waist from behind as he caught up with her. ''It's frankly frustrating me even more.''

This time is was Rose's turn to let out a chuckle as she wriggled out of his grasp, causing him to pout slightly.

''You need to stop holding everything in. Give yourself the chance to let go of everything, do something fun, and stop being so hard on yourself.''

Her words seemed to get him to think and after a few seconds he spoke up. ''Okay, I think I know something that might help me, but I want you to come with me.''

''Okay...,'' Rose trailed off as she watched him search through his closet.

She had no clue as to what he was referring to, but as he pulled out two helmets, she got a hunch.

''Nothing like a ride on a motorbike to clear your head and let go of all your problems,'' he grinned as he caught onto her nervous expression.

''Oh, no,'' Rose started as she shook her head. ''I'm not getting-''

''Oh, yes,'' Riven laughed, interrupting her. ''Trust me, you'll like it.''

Still not really convinced, Rose let him drag her over to the parking lot while he kept mumbling encouraging words to ease her mind, but it wasn't really working.

''You're going to be fine,'' he said as he put the helmet on her head. ''I wouldn't put you in danger.''

''Well, you're just lucky I like you so much,'' Rose huffed as her hands fumbled with the straps on the helmet.

Riven seemed to freeze for a second, and she instantly regretted being this honest with him, but as a satisfied smile curled up on his face, that feeling quickly disappeared.

''Should've just let me kiss you,'' he joked as he put on his own. ''We would be doing completely different things right now.''

The thought of kissing him caused the heat to rise to her cheeks, but luckily for her, the helmet covered them.

''Stop,'' she giggled, but before she could say anything else, they were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

''Hello?'' a girl called out as she appeared from behind one of the armoured cars in the parking lot.

''Hi!'' Rose greeted her cheerily, but Riven on the other hand, didn't sound as friendly.

''You're not allowed to be here, so fuck off,'' he spoke harshly, earning an elbow in the ribs from Rose.

''Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know,'' the girl apologised. ''I'm Darcy, I'm new here and I was actually looking for headmistress Dowling's office.''

Rose thought she looked beautiful, with long brown hair, a lighter shade than her own, and hazel eyes.

''Maybe you should start looking inside the school, then,'' Riven scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

It was beyond her why he always had to be rude to other people.

''Don't mind, Riven,'' she said as she walked over to Darcy. ''I'm Rose, nice to meet you.''

''Yes, sure is,'' Darcy smiled as she shook Rose's hand before the latter gave her the directions to the headmistresses' office.

''Tell me,'' Rose started as she watched Darcy disappear back into the school. ''Does it physically hurt you to be nice to others?''

Her comment earned her a laugh from Riven, before his expression turned downhearted as he glanced at her. ''I am sorry for everything I've said.''

Rose could tell he was being sincere. ''It's okay,'' she smiled at him as she gave his hand a squeeze. ''Just don't push me away again.''

''I'll try,'' Riven said as he returned the squeeze. ''For you.''

His words caused her heart to make a little jump and the events of today made her realise just how deeply she cared for him. It did scare her a little as she'd never felt this way about someone before, but right now, she had bigger things to worry about. Starting with surviving the ride on his motorbike.

***

~ Chapter 25! If you hadn't noticed yet, I've changed the chapter titles and added song lyrics. I hope you'll like the changes I've made and, as always, thanks for reading, voting & commenting 💕~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.3K 34
Eira Dowling grew up around Alfea as the adoptive daughter of Farah Dowling, the headmistress of Alfea College. Growing up, she knew nothing about he...
630K 14.9K 31
Undesirable- (In which Adelina falls in love with the boy she hates more than anything.) (Riven hated Adelina. He even hated the sound of her name. I...
293K 7.9K 19
"𝙰𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝?" "𝙷𝚞𝚑. 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎...
120K 2.6K 16
Mia Silva is Saul Silva's daughter and best friends with Riven and Sky. She's also a shadow fairy; shadow fairies have the ability to manipulate/cont...