Irya Aillie Stark - D. M. (Ha...

Od RiddStrk

Ever since I can remember, nothing but perfection has been expected from me. I have trained and studied all m... Viac

Cast
Prologue
DIAGON ALLEY
BACK AT HOGWARTS
METALLIC
KATIE BELL
IN ANOTHER LIFE
SLUGHORN'S PARTY
HELP
DUMBLEDORE
PROUD
HE KNOWS
HOGWARTS
A LETTER
ASTORIA
HYDRA
EXPERIMENT
A MURDERER
TORTURE
MUTATION
Author's note
NOT HYDRA
DECISIONS
TONY STARK
SHIELD'S SECRETS
THE TRUTH
THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK
THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS
MALIBU
A BITTERSWEET DREAM
FREAK
BIRTHDAY
ROSE HILL, TENNESSEE
AIM
FACING KILLIAN

ICE COLD

243 8 0
Od RiddStrk

I wake up calmly as I hear the chirping of the birds in the distance, and the multiple little sounds of the creatures going on about their life. I open my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the sunlight reflecting on the snow surrounding me.

I sit up, and stretch my arms and legs. I may have slept in the ground and on the snow, but it sure is the best sleep I've had in a long time.

Looking down at myself I am reminded I'm still wearing only the lab coat, and I find it weird because while yes I am cold, I don't feel nearly as cold as I should give the fact I'm only wearing that and I'm completely exposed to the snow and coldness around me.

Okay, note to self to get clothes asap, got it.

While still looking at myself, I see I'm still wearing the three metal things that hold each a distinctive and very different feeling.

First I realize of the ring Voldemort gave to me, still hanging around my neck by the little chain I'd put it in. Then, when looking down at my arms I see the stupid metal bracelet, okay I have to get rid of that shit soon.

It try to take it off with my other hand, but the bracelet gets burning hot making me snap my hand away from it.

"I wonder if..." I say out loud. I put my other hand on top of it again and I close my eyes firmly, thinking of snow and ice. When I open my eyes a couple of seconds after I see it worked, the bracelet is frozen, or at least that's what it looks like.

I try to take it off again, carefully in case it gets burning hot again but it doesn't, freezing it did work, but after trying and trying I am still unsuccessful at taking it off. Maybe if I hit it with something...

My thoughts get interrupted by my stomach growling loudly. Okay then, food first then clothes, and then the bracelet. I put my hand to my face, inspecting it one last time in hopes I can figure out how to take it off, sadly not seeing a way to do so, however something else catches my attention. The third metal object adorning my ring finger, Draco's promise ring.

Oh, Draco. I must be really fucking stupid, because after everything that happened I still want to go back to him, more than I want anything else right now. But even if nothing bad had happened, I still wouldn't go back.

I've managed to get far away from that Hydra place, and most important I've managed to get far far away from Voldemort. This is my opportunity to run away and never come back, get away from the war and from everyone that's hurt me, even if the thing I'd like more than anything else in this world would be to go back to them, even after what they did to me. But I don't have time to think about that right now, I have to keep going.

Pushing those thoughts aside I get up, dusting off as much snow as I could from my lab coat, and I start walking again.

----------

After walking for a while, and for what I can tell has been more than a couple hours based on the sun, I found a little town in the distance, so now with a little more hope I walk faster.

After about half an hour later I eventually get to the little town, and am welcomed with weird looks. As if I wasn't already aware I'm wearing a lab coat, thank you very much people.

I walk slowly, making my way across the little town. I walked by what seemed like the main street here, and got instantly hit with multiple different smells of food, making my stomach growl again.

I was busy thinking about how I could get food, walking without putting much attention to where I was going when I ran into someone, making them fall to the ground as I stumbled back. Looking in front of me I saw an old woman in the ground, looking confused.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." She said in russian, making me feel bad for her as I had been the one to blame.

"No, it was my fault. I'm really sorry, here, let me help you." I said, internally thanking Rodolphus for making me learn Russian when I was just a child. I held her right arm as I carefully helped her up. "I'm really sorry, are you okay?" I can't freaking believe it, everywhere I go I cause trouble.

"I'm okay, girl." She dusted off her long warm coat. She was well dressed for a weather like the this, covered in multiple sweaters and a long winter coat, the snow and cold air had nothing to do against her. I suddenly feel even more underdressed. She looked up at me, and when she finally put attention to me she looked like had just seen a ghost. "Oh my! Girl, you must be freezing!"

"Oh..." I feel really stupid, what am I supposed to say? 'oh, yeah I just escaped from some idiots that were having fun experimenting on me', surely that would be a great thing to say. I tried to think of an excuse, and in the end I decided it'd be better to say a half-truth. "Well, it is cold but I don't have anything else to wear." I fake laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. However that seemed to aggravate her more.

"You are homeless then?" She seemed horrified.

Well, I suppose that's technically the truth, I don't really have anywhere to go.

"Yes, I am." I was unsure what to do, but the embarrassing situation was making me so uncomfortably self-aware, I decided I'd just keep walking. "Again, I'm sorry for running into you." I moved to the side so I could keep walking, but she stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Nonsense, I said I am okay. You, however, are in desperate need for help." She took off her long coat, and she carefully put it around me. "Here, now you won't freeze to death." How sweet, if only she knew I slept on the snow. She looked satisfied with herself for a moment, but then her face changed again, like she thought of something else. "When was the last time you ate something? You must be starving!"

"It's okay, I'll be okay. Thank you for your kindness." I try to brush it off, but the next second she's walking again, taking me with her to a little food place nearby.

I tried to talk her off it, but she insisted and since I am actually starving I decided to let her. Once we sat down on a little table at the end of the place she ordered food for the both of us.

"So tell me, what's your story? How did you end up like this?" She looked directly in my eyes, as if she could see through them, even though I'm sure she can't, she's a muggle.

I thought about what to say, and I figured since I had already started with the half-truths I might as well just continue with them.

"My family abandoned me, they ran away and left me with nothing." Happened multiple times if you think about it. "As you can see."

"Oh, poor thing. How old are you?" She frowned, and took my hands in hers.

"I'm seventeen." At least that's what I think so, depends on the date. "My birthday is July 10th."

"So just a couple of months until your birthday. You are still just a child." I could see the pity in her eyes. Then I decided to ask, just out of curiosity to see how long I had been away.

"What's today's date?" I frowned slightly, silently preparing myself to finally know how long I had spent in that hellhole.

"It's April 17th."

Well shit.

I was locked up for more than a month. I'm surprised, because even though it felt like much longer I was hoping it hadn't been that much time lost, away from everything.

She must have seen how aggravated I became with the subject, so she quickly changed it.

"So tell me, do you have anyone else? More family perhaps?" I frowned again, confused. "What are you planning on doing or going next?"

I remained quiet for a while. I was about to say I didn't have anyone, but then that Tony Stark muggle came to mind. Would it be worth it to even try to find him? I don't have his address or remember his phone number, whatever the hell that is, but I do know he is quite known in the muggle world, maybe I could start with that.

"I have, uh... An uncle. But he lives away from here, in another city." I sighed.

"Do you know his phone number? We could try to call him, so he could pick you up." She seemed hopeful, but said hope was quickly destroyed when I answered.

"No, but I do know his address though." Yes, I know, what a liar.

"Well, where does he live?" What little hope she had left showed itself.

I thought for a moment for places in Russia, then came to the conclusion I knew none but Moscow. Oh well, what harm can be made? Judging for how small this little town is, I am sure we're far away from the capital.

"He lives in Moscow." I tried to look sad, and it wasn't all that difficult at all considering the mixed emotions I have, all over the place.

Just as she was going to say something else, the waitress arrived with the food and I really couldn't have been happier.

The lady ordered me a cup of coffee, and a kind of soup that was so different from anything I've ever tried in my entire life.

I ate quickly, a life of manners getting forgotten by the starvation I'd been through. As I drank the broth, I could see the lady sat in front of me looking at me like one would look at a little animal that was desperate to eat, like it was cute and saddening all at once.

She waited patiently as I ate, having finished her own food before me since she only ordered a small bread to go with her coffee.

When I managed to finish everything on the plate, finally taking a moment to breathe, I realized it was over, and as much as I'd like to stay, I still have things to do. Taking the stupid metal bracelet off being a top priority.

After she paid we walked outside and just stood there for a second, her probably still thinking about how fast I'd finished my food, and me thinking of a way to say goodbye without sounding ungrateful.

"Thank you so much for everything, you have no idea how much you helped me. I should probably go, though." I smiled sincerely, something I hadn't done in a long long time.

"No need to thank me, I hope you're able to find your uncle." She smiled, then it seemed like she remembered something and she quickly put something out of her pocket. "Have this. I know it's not much, but it should be able to get you to Moscow." She handed me a couple of bills.

Her kind gesture made me tear up a bit, no one's ever shown this kind of selfness behavior towards me before.

"Thank you, a lot." I was at loss of words, but I made sure she could hear in my voice just how much I really appreciated it.

"There's no need to. Now go, you should be able to get a bus to Moscow before noon." She grabbed my arm and lightly squeezed it. "Good luck."

I took that as my cue to leave, so giving her one last smile I did just that. After a while I found a little convenience store and walked inside, the money may not be enough for me to get as far as I'd like, but it sure as hell is enough to buy me something so I can finally take off the metal bracelet, and if I take it off I should be able to do my normal magic again, which means apparating. Great plan, Irya.

I walked down each aisle, the store not being really big making it so after a couple of minutes I had already walked all around the place, seeing the options that I had. I went back to a small section about cars, looking for some kind of tool that could help me.

As I was looking through my options I heard the sound of the bell at the entrance, signalling some else had walked inside the store. I took a little glance behind me, and saw that not one but three men had walked inside.

I turned back to what I was looking at, but then out of the corner of my eyes one of the men caught my attention, he looked oddly familiar.

Okay, maybe I'm just being a little bit paranoid, right?

Trying to distract myself from the oddly familiar looking man I decided to walk to another section of the store, so I just started to wander around the small place. I was thinking, trying to remember why he looked so familiar, where I had seen him or someone that looked like him before, and that's when it hit me.

He's the guard that put this stupid metal bracelet on my wrist when I first got to Hydra.

As realization hit me I turned around, wanting to get out of the store before things got bad, but it was too late, with me wandering around the three men had managed to corner me.

Great. Outnumbered, cornered and without my magic to defend myself.

At first I thought I might try to run past them, but then I decided that'd be just a waste of time, and as there were three of them it's more than likely I wouldn't get to the door before they got to me. So I did the best thing I could think of and raising both of my hands, pointing at a guard with each one, I thought of ice, of cold, and hoped my newfound ice magic wouldn't let me down right now.

Thankfully for me it didn't, my hands felt weird for a second before I saw ice coming up their legs, freezing them both in place. When he saw what had happened to his friends, the third guard got angry and started running towards me.

He pushed me back, making my back hit the fridge that was behind me, the back of my head hitting against it too. He punched me in the stomach, but as he was going to do so again I grabbed his hand and pushed him aside, allowing myself to get up.

I ran out the store, and kept on running past the multiple stores and people around while looking for a place to hide. I could hear the man running too, barely behind me, so I extended my left hand pointing it to the ground and freezed a bit of the pavement. I looked back when I heard a loud thud, and saw that the ice had made him fall.

Taking this little advantage I ran by a couple more houses, until I found an alley in which I decided to hide.

I was catching my breath, hidden in the shadows, when I saw him run past the alley. I sighed, letting my little victory sink in, when I heard footsteps coming from the other end of the alley.

Raising my head to see the source of the sound I recognized them, the two guards from before, the ones I had frozen to the ground in the store.

I started walking backwards, but when I turned to run out of the alley I ran into someone. The third guard. Of course, it would have been to easy, and Merlin knows I don't deserve a fucking day off am I right?

I stepped back, and with my back to the wall I took turns looking at each of the three guards surrounding me, getting prepared for a fight.

The one on my left moved first, throwing a punch at my face, hitting me right on the nose. He didn't take another second before he threw another punch at me, this time directing it at my stomach.

Before he could hit me I moved to the side, making him hit the wall behind me, so I took the opportunity and I raised my hand at him, freezing him to the wall.

One of the two guards left ran at me with his hands extended in front of me, planning to push me back into the wall. He did just that, and me hitting the wall with my whole back made the air leave my lungs, leaving me breathless as I fell to my knees gasping for air.

The guard took his opportunity and grabbed me by the neck, lifting me into the air.

I tried scratching his had so he'd let go of me but it was useless, so in a desperate attempt I hit him in the neck with my left wrist, specifically with the metal bracelet.

He let go of me and I fell to the ground once again. The third guard ran to me, and I saw as he lifted his foot, ready to kick me.

Then, everything went in slow motion.

I felt so mad, the anger consuming me. I focused on that anger, and out of instinct I raised my hand, not even thinking about anything else other than the anger.

I saw as his foot froze completely, practically being able to feel the cold making its way from the inside of his foot, then his whole leg.

I rolled out of the way, barely moving enough so he wouldn't hit me. Instead he hit the wall.

A weird cracking sound was heard, and his foot broke away from the rest of his leg, like an icicle would break from the rest of the ice.

A loud, guttural scream echoed through the alley, as he fell to the ground and reached to grab his leg. I got up, and getting angry that he was about to kick me in the face I did just that, kicking him as hard as I could, knocking him out.

The last guard standing looked at his friend in disbelief, and I saw as his face went from confusion to fear, then from fear to anger, and then his eyes went from his friend to me.

He too screamed as he ran towards me, but with the anger still fueling me I raised my hand one more time, screaming back at him.

He froze in place, the ice quickly making its way up from his legs up to his head, until he was completely frozen, from head to toe.

I walked towards the last conscious guard, who was half frozen to the wall.

His eyes widened as he realized I was making my way to him, and he started begging with a shaky voice and a strong accent. "Please! Please! I didn't want to, don't hurt me!"

A wave of guilt coursed through my entire body.

I took a deep breath. I can't leave him conscious because he could go after me, but I don't have to kill him either.

I raise my hand and bring my elbow back, hitting him square in the face, knocking him out.

"Okay, that was intense." I think out loud, my voice coming out raspy from having almost being chocked to death just a few moments ago.

Since they're unconscious I decide it'd be a good idea to check what they have, maybe something could be useful.

I check the one half frozen to the wall, and find only some cash. The one that's completely frozen will be impossible to check, so I go to check the one on the floor. I find some more cash on one pocket, but when I search on his other pocket is when I find the real treasure.

"Fuck yeah." I can't help but say, as I raise the little pocket knife.

I waste no time, raising my left wrist and the metal bracelet close to my face, after freezing it with my other hand, and start to try to find a way to open it.

I try to use it to open the little keyhole, but it's no use, so instead I try to pry it open. After trying it a couple different ways and leaving small cuts all over my wrist I hear a small click, and I lift open one of the halves of the metal bracelet. I throw it to the ground immediately, wanting to get rid of it as fast as I could, and I put the small pocket knife in one of the pockets in the coat I had been gifted earlier, the other pocket being filled with the money that the lady gave to me and the cash I stole from the guards.

Taking one final look at the three guards on the alley, I walk back into the street headed towards the bus station where I buy a ticket for the first bus I was able to find.

Reliving the events of the day I get lost in thought, looking out of the window of the small bus, not knowing where I'm going but knowing that now I can finally use my magic again, and I'm ready to live a free life, hopefully away from all this war mess.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

92.4K 2K 70
The Potter's have Harry but they also had a daughter, Daisy, she was taken when was three by the Red Room albeit she thinks she was abandoned she bec...
179K 4.7K 28
"Cause there were pages turned with bridges burned" "So make the friendship bracelets, take the moment and taste it. You've got no reason to be afra...
2.4K 69 19
A wrong number story where CJ is meant to text her friend Peter but accidentally ends up texting a certain avenger CJ or Candi Jones-Watson is MJ's...
164K 3.5K 56
Thor x fem!reader ⚠️CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH EDITING⚠️ She kept her powers hidden for most of her life, being born with a genetic mutation - as her da...