Anatomy of Love

By munsen12

Science believes noradrenaline, dopamine and phenylethylamine are the three chemicals that create the feeling... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 3

1K 186 148
By munsen12

Khushi is at a club with her friends, sitting in the lounge. She wears a basic thin strap bodycon black dress. She is not in a good mood today, actually for a week now, thanks to Dr.Khadoos. That's the name the new residents have given to Rishab. She has been with him for a week and has received more scoldings than she has ever gotten in her life till now. With him, one needs to be prepared with answers, a slight delay comes with a volley of not so good words.

"Khushi, chal yaar dance karne.. stop sulking now."
A friend, a short girl with long hair in a golden coloured short dress says.
Khushi turns towards her and says, "Sulking? Am I sulking? Am I? Well I am.. tujhe kya pata kya jhel rahi hun main.. you spend an hour with that man and you will realize. No you won't. He will be super sweet with you. He is just a resident doctor's predator. He made me cry, can you believe it? I was on the verge of crying.."
"Okay, I get it.. but you aren't going to see him tomorrow. Kal toh chutti hai. Stop wasting your night. Chal na.. let's dance. See everybody on the dance floor."
"Yes, I have a day off tomorrow. Uff.. tu jaa.. I need a drink. Woh shala waiter kidhar gaya. I am going to the bar. Tu jaa, I will join you."

She gets up and goes to the bar area. She orders her drinks and thinks of the six days she spent under Dr.Rishabh. She had tried to avoid meeting his eyes after her encounter at the rooftop. She had seen him smiling in a sarcastic way at times but she acted as if she hadn't seen it. He was always in his normal mood, polite to patients, flirty with young female nurses and rude to the rest of the world, especially to interns and resident doctors. He didn't raise the topic of their previous endeavor and was professional during the time. That was a relief for her but she was still walking on the edge of the knife. Whatif he talks about the encounter again or shares it with his colleagues? She would be embarrassed, if possible get herself buried under the ground.

Her thoughts are broken with the hello. She turns to her side to find a tall and huge guy grinning at her.
"I said Hello! "
Khushi rolls her eyes and replies, "So?"
He grins again, "I am Rahul Manchandani. Naam toh suna hoga."
"Nahi. "
"Koi na, abhi sun lo. Drinks ka wait kar rahi hai. Let me order it for you. Oye khote, one Ranch Rose for the lady and a beer for me."
"Oye, tere ko maine bola mere liye order kar? Apna beer le aur fut le."

The bartender gives her a glass of whiskey.
"Ladki hoke whiskey peeti hai. Badi solid cheez hai. Listen, I like girls who consume hard drinks. And to top that up, you are s*xy as well.. I have a room booked in the hotel above. Why don't you join me? I can get the bottle there for you. We both can enjoy."
She pushes him by punching on his shoulder.
"Shale m*******, muh tod dungi tera. Itna marungi duniya ka koi doctor tujhe thik kar nahi payega. F*** off!"
Irritated, she picks up the glass and turns to go back to the lounge when Rahul grabs her wrist.
"Fine, at least have a drink with me darling. See your drink is here, the one I ordered for you."
Khushi takes a step towards him, gives him a smile. He let go of her wrist.
"You want to have a drink with me? Sure! Here it is!"
She picks up the glass and turns it over his head. She then grabs his collar and slaps him hard.
"Don't you ever dare to touch me or any girl again. Now f***off."

Khushi comes out of the washroom and turns to the corner when she hears,
"Mehkhane mein mile the ek roz
Phir mulakat wohi ho gai humari.
Pata hota hume pehle toh,
Apna ashiyana yehi bana dete."

She turns to find Rishab leaning on the wall, giving her a sarcastic smile.
"Hi!"
"You!"
"Yes.. it's me."
"What are you doing here? Are you.. no.. please no.."
"Dr. Khushi Chopra, the question sounds pretty childish. Don't you think so? I am doing everyone except you are doing here. Having some good time. And if you are asking whether I am stalking you,the answer is no. I have no interest in that. And definitely not after what I saw back there. Uff, that was something.."
Khushi rolls her eyes, "I need a drink.. "

She asks the bartender to repeat her drink. Rishab comes and signals for the same.
"The stunt was really intense. Was he annoying you? You could have called the security instead of doing all of that.."
"It wasn't a stunt. And I am much capable of handling such as***** myself."
"Hmm.. I saw that."
The drinks arrive and Rishab smiles at her.

"What? Are you judging me for the kind of spirit I am drinking here?"
"Why should I? I judge your actions only when you're inside the hospital premises. That's because your actions can have repercussions. It could be a matter of life and death. Outside that, I don't care what you do. You can drink whiskey or go to any club, wear short dresses or kiss any hot guy, it's none of my business."
She stares at him, "You are still hung up with the incident of that night. Why?"
"What? What do you mean?"
"You keep bringing up that night's encounter."
"When did I do that?"
"You did it on the rooftop. Listen, I am not scared, okay."
Rishab smirks, "That's why you were avoiding meeting my eyes. Wow! Listen Dr.Khushi, I get it you aren't comfortable but you can't change it now. What has happened, has happened. I said it as I wanted to tell you I remember you. I have no intention to bring it up to you or share it with others. Your secret is safe with me."

"Secret? There's no secret. Yes, I go to clubs and drink, so do you. I was drunk that night and I.. made a mistake.."
"Ishh.. please don't term it a mistake.. Fine, it can be termed as a beautiful one. Haseen galti!"
Both stare at each other for a moment and she says, "It was just a mistake. I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing.. so I.. kissed you. It's not a big deal. It's not like I wanted it or liked it.. you.. it was nothing but just a kiss."
Rishab brings his face near her and whispers, "Was it?"
She moves back, "Yes."
"C'mon, don't lie. It wasn't a drunken act as you still remember it. Accept it.. accept you were attracted to me. Not your fault though, I am kinda hot.. "
"Attracted? To you? My foot! I was not. And you're not my type as well. I don't find you hot. It was nothing.. just a tiny kiss."
Rishab gives a short laugh, "Whatever you say.. enjoy your drink but don't drink too much. Kya pata tumhe phir se main mil jaun kiss karne ko."
He leaves and she gives out a groan out of frustration.

Khushi took too much alcohol out of anger, after Rishab left. She was tipsy now. Her friends had long gone. She was now dancing with some random people like she didn't care for the world. She was about to fall down when suddenly someone held her waist and pulled her to a hard chest.
She looked at the face of the guy and smiled.

"Hey Doc! You're here.. tum kya.. har jagah rehte ho? Hun? I am sure.. you're stalking me.. bolo?"
Rishab doesn't reply but slowly pulls up the zip at her back that had opened by then.
"Oops!"
She giggles..
"You need to go home. Where are your friends?"
"Pata nahi.."
Rishab looks around, "Your friends have left you alone and have gone. You must go too."
"No.. mujhe aur peeni hai aur dance karni hai.. I have a holiday tomorrow. Finally I won't.. get to see your face.. your handsome face."
She giggles again, cupping his face.

Rishab grabs her waist and takes her outside.
"Hum yahaan kya kar rahe hai? Ooo.. kissy.. kissy karni hai? Okay.. karo.. mujhe bhi karni hai.."
She cups his face again and attempts to kiss him but he stops her.
"Stop it. How did you come here?"
"Car se.. budhu.."
"Where's your car? Do you have a driver? "
"Hun? Why? I don't want to kiss him.."
"Shut up! You need to go home."
Khushi pulls him towards a red Audi.
"That's my car.. Daddy gave me.. I drive it.. chalo.. ghar.. wait. Where's my keys? Where's my purse? My phone?"
She starts looking around. She gets down on her knees to search and Rishab runs his fingers through his hair.

"Hey! Khushi! Uff.."
He pulls her on her feet and makes her face him.
"I will take you home. Can you give me your address?"
She smiles and nods her head. Rishab makes her sit inside his blue BMW and he gets to the driver's seat. He puts on the seat belt for her and drives out of the parking lot.
"Where's your home?"
"In front of the vaaassst sea.. mere room se samundar dikhai deta hai.. it's beautiful."
"Can you be more specific? Address please."
Khushi looks at him with a smile, "I get it, what you are trying to do here.. you want my address.. no.. Daddy says never give phone numbers and addresses to.. cute boys.. handsome boys.. that you meet at clubs, never."
"Hello, I am not a stranger. You know me.. I am Dr.Rishabh. just tell me so that I can drop you home."
"No.. you're not a stranger but we met at the club na.. I won't say.. no.."

Rishab stops his car at the side of the road and takes a deep breath. His efforts to ask for her address were going in vain. She had lost her phone and her purse. Her friends were gone and he didn't know anyone who knew her address. He makes a decision and starts the ignition.

"Where are we? This isn't my house."
Khushi says as they enter the living room.
"This is my place. Come."
He opens the bedroom and makes her sit on his bed.
She smiles and says, "O.. you want to sleep with me.. that's why you brought me here."
"No. I brought you here as you didn't tell me your address. Chalo so jao."
She puts her arms around his neck and says, "You hate me na? But I really like you.. no liked you.. not now."

"I don't hate you and you don't have to like me. So jao.."
"You are kinda hot.. you are super hot.. I wanted to kiss you that night and.. I suddenly want to kiss you now.. why?"
Rishab shakes his head, "You are drunk, sweetheart!"
"Maybe.. but I want to.. bada mann kar raha hai.. "
Before Rishab could say anything, she had pressed her lips on his. He tries to push her away but she grabs his hair, pulling him closer. Lips part to cling to one another. Without leaving each other, she pushes him on the bed, getting over him. She leaves his mouth and starts planting wet kisses on his earlobes, trailing her way to the jaw and his neck. Her hands run over his hard chest, unbuttoning them as they move. As her lips touch his chest, he opens his eyes and pushes her off him.

"Hau.. what.."
He gets off the bed, "Khushi, stop it. F*** man!"
She sits on crossed leg and with a fake cries, "Exactly f***man..Ah.., amma... kyun pheka mujhe? Dr. Khadoos, kahinka. That name suits you."
"Right.. right.. This Dr.Khadoos is your boss as well, remember? So your Boss's order is to go to sleep right now.. chalo.."
"But.."
"Chup.."
He makes her lie down and draws the blanket on her. Within a few minutes she dozes off to a deep slumber.

Khushi opens her eyes to a room filled with sunlight.
She grunts, "Reema mausi, parde kyun khole.. ah.."
She looks around and finds herself in a different bedroom. Scratching her head, she sits up and immediately realizes that she is naked. She pulls up the blanket to cover herself in panic. She hears a knock and then door knob turns.
"Hey sleepyhead.. so you're finally up! Good morning.. "
Khushi sits up on the bed on a jolt and looks at Rishab who smiles at her.
"What? Why are you staring at me like this?"
"What are you doing here?"

Rishab walks inside and places a file on the desk.
"This is my bedroom, so it is obvious I will be here."
"Why am I here? Where are my clothes? Why am I.. naked? What did we do? Did you.. did I.."
"Woah! Put some brakes to your volley of questions."
He takes a few steps towards her and says, "Don't you remember last night? We had such a great time together on this bed. How come you forget the passionate love we made, baby?"
Khushi was gazing at him out of shock.
Rishab comes closer and says, "I tried to stop you. You were so drunk.. but you seduced me into it. I.. could not control myself.. try to remember, baby.."
Khushi was still, speechless and kept holding the blanket closer to her body.

Rishab immediately broke into laughter.
"Just look at your face. Kya hua Dr.Iron lady?"
Khushi keeps staring at him.
"Okay.. sorry! I was just having so much fun, so I got carried away with the story. For starters, nothing happened. Your clothes are in the washing machine. You got up in the middle of the night and passed out under the shower. I had to get you out of your wet clothes."
He points at the door and says, "The bathroom is there. There's a new brush and fresh towels as well as bathrobes. Freshen up and come out. We can talk then."

Khushi comes out in the bathrobe after half an hour. She finds Rishab in the kitchen, making coffee. He signals her to sit on the dining table. She looks around. The living and dining room is huge with an open large kitchen. The french doors lead to a good sized terrace. The walls are white and so are the curtains. The rooms are bright and airy with big windows. The decor is simple, modern and sophisticated.

Rishab comes out with two mugs of coffee.
"It's black. It will help with your hangover. Eat something. There is toast and eggs. Then have an aspirin."
Khushi picks up the coffee mug and takes a sip. She needs it desperately as her head is heavy from last night's alcohol.
After a few minutes of complete silence, Khushi asks, "Why did you bring me here?"
"Dr.Khushi, you must choose better friends and try to drink a little less alcohol."
She looks up at him but stays silent.
"Your friends had left you and were gone. You were dancing with some random people. I couldn't leave you there like that. I asked for your address but you didn't give any. Your purse must be stolen along with your phone. I didn't have any choice but to bring you here."

She lowers her gaze, "Did I do something.. inappropriate?"
Rishab smiles, "No.. just called me Dr.Khadoos."
"I am sorry."
"Hmm.. You also called me hottie."
He smiles mischievously.
"No, I didn't."
"Well you did. I should have recorded it.. shit man!"
He laughs as her cheeks turn red out of embarrassment.

"Ask.."
He says after a few minutes of silence.
"I know you have questions running inside your mind. You can ask."
"You are a different person here and a different one inside the hospital. Why are you so rude to the residents?"
"Patients are my responsibility. It's my duty to see lives are saved, patients are looked after and comfortable. Any tiny mistake can cost life. I ensure that doesn't happen. If getting strict means behaving rude, I am okay being called Khadoos."
"We all make mistakes."
"Of course we all do. My job is to see that you don't."
"Don't you make them?"
"I am Dr.Rishabh Khurana, I make history not mistakes."
Rishab smiles and goes inside.

After a minute he comes out with her clothes.
"You can change after you have eaten. I can drop you home then."
"You don't have to.. I will take a cab."
"Do you still feel I will stalk you to your home? Do you still not want to share your address?"
"It's not that.. my father.. okay.. you can drop me home.. but can we leave after 11?"
He nods his head.

Rishab and Khushi stay silent on the way.
"You can stop the car here. My house is in the next lane."
"I can drop you there if you don't have any doubts."
"Don't embarrass me any further please, Dr.Rishabh."
Rishab takes a turn and he sees a huge white bungalow with gigantic iron gates. He reads the nameplate and stares at Khushi.
He stops the car in front of the main entrance. Khushi gets out of the car and goes towards the window of the driver's seat.
"Thank you for everything Dr.Rishabh."
He just nods his head.
"See you on Monday."
Rishab drives off and Khushi goes inside.

She holds the jacket Rishab had given to her to wear. She smells it and smiles.
"You are a hottie, Dr.Rishabh and you are not that Khadoos. You look cute when you laugh. Like a real laugh.. not the sarcastic one..You are actually Dr. Nice Guy... no.. Dr.Cute. see you tomorrow, Dr.Cutie."
She giggles hugging the jacket close to her chest.

---------*----------
Do share your thoughts on the update and don't forget to vote by clicking on the star below.

Heart beating for love💕💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 5.3K 28
India Westbrooks is a 22 year old single mother who has a job as a stripper to provide for herself and her 4 year old daughter, Ava. What happens whe...
3.6K 291 11
Two woman work for two completely different underground companies. They have been enemies since day one. And have tried for years to take eachother...
469K 10.1K 51
Two girls are exchanged at birth and are given to the wrong mothers and after 13 years the truth comes out Rosabella Rossi is different from her sist...
23.4K 6.2K 25
_Before the marriage_ පාක් නිවසෙ එළිමහන් බංකුවට ආව ජන්ග්කුක් තාමත් බිම බලාගෙන ලැජ්ජාවට යටිතොල හපාගෙන ඉන්න ජිමින්ට තමන් ළගින් වාඩි වෙන්න කියලා සන් කලා...