talk to me- mimin ✔️

By strawbearrieprincess

nicha yontararak or simply minnie, finds herself crushing on the towns most beautiful girl, cho miyeon. inspi... More

talk to me

320 13 3
By strawbearrieprincess

Minnie heaves a heavy sigh as the speeding train passes through a dark tunnel. She puts her hand on her chin, the train continuing to run through the darkness, into the light revealing a beautiful small town.

Yasoinaba.

Next stop: Yasoinaba. Yasoinaba. Yasoinab-
The train speakers echo into the cart.

The high school student got up from her seat taking a last look on the empty train cart she was in. "No one really goes here, huh?" she mutters. She took her duffle bag resting on the shelf above her head, putting it over her shoulder. She feels her flip-phone vibrate in her sweatpants.

We'll be outside the train station waiting for you.

Minnie flips her phone shut, walking towards the trains exit. She'd be staying in this sad, boring town for a year. Most likely without any friends, but she'll cope. Hopefully.
The station was small, a couple of people were there, but they looked like business ones. Just like her parents who left her in this small town to stay in for a whole year.
Here's Minnies background: It's the year 2011 and it's her second year in high school, obviously transferring to the one in Yasoinaba. Both of her parents are busy business people leaving to attend something for their line of work overseas, and that means she'd be left with her aunt and cousin in this town.
And the last time she saw these people, was when she was three years old.
So basically, it was like starting a new life completely.
Minnie hated meeting new people, and taking that first step out of the train station was like taking foot into hell.
"Over here!" yells an unfamiliar voice.
Minnie finds the owner of the caller, and familiarity come back to her. It was her aunt Chonnasorn, or Sorn and her little cousin. By the way, her cousin is like seven years old. She's never met her before. Minnie walks over to the duo, giving her friendliest smile. "Wow! You've grown so much the last time I saw you. I remember when you were still a little whee baby changing your diapers." she jokes. Minnie twitched her eye internally, typical aunt jokes she thought.
"Anyway, this is Shuhua, my daughter and your cousin. Shuhua, say hi." the woman brings the little girl in front of her, who was previously hiding behind her mother.
"H-Hi." Shuhua say shyly.
Minnie gives her a warm smile, "Hi, Shuhua."
Her aunt chimes in, "Oh, what are you acting all shy for?" The high schooler turned her attention to her aunt, "Weren't you so excited to see Minnie, Shuhua? Go give her a hug!" The seven year old looked up to her mother and gave a frown, smacking her on the butt and hiding back behind her. Sorn laughed at this action. Minnie stands there awkwardly. "Don't mind her. I'm sure she'll warm up to you soon."
"Y-Yeah.."

All three of them drive on the vacant roads of Inaba, in Sorn's small but homey Toyota Corolla. "I know this isn't the best place, especially since you're from the city," Minnie's aunt looks at her from the rear view mirror, "But there are plenty of things to do here, just... keep yourself busy." Minnie nods and continues looking out the passenger window.

It's so empty here, The high schooler thinks. The car stops at a grubby looking gas station, with a man jogging over to the Toyota. She sees her aunt chat with him for a moment and walks towards the sidewalk, taking out a box of cigarettes from her dress pants. Minnie takes a peek at the gas station employee, filling up the car, she decides to hop out as well to move her legs around. Her little cousin does the same. The employee turns his head toward Shuhua, giving that customer service smile.
"Looking for the bathroom? It's on the left,
y'know, the one where you don't put your chopsticks in?" Wow. Thanks for stating the obvious, dumbass. But Minnie kept that one to herself.
"Yeah, I know. Geez." Shuhua grumbles the last word, Minnie barely able to hear it as she disappears into the bathroom. Minnie raises an eyebrow to this, her little cousin got a lil' sass to her. After a little while, Minnie's ears perk up when the gas station employee strikes up a conversation with her.
    "I can tell you're from the city. How're you feeling about this side of the country?" he takes the gas pump out from the car. Minnie thinks for a moment before answering, "I don't know, really. There's like no one here." He gives an airy laugh, "Yeah, that's what a lot of city kids say when they get here. In Inaba, your free time is either to get a job, or die of boredom," the employee looks at Minnie dead in the eye, "Not the best place to be, but you'll get used to it. I'm Seungmin." he takes out his hand in front of Minnie.
    "Minnie."
    "Nice to meet you, Minnie." the two shake hands. This gives Minnie a little hope that the people here were nice. Or maybe this guy Seungmin was really good at customer service.
    "Alright, back in the car!" Sorn says, throwing her burnt cigarette on the sidewalk. "It was nice talking to you, Minnie. Hope you have a nice stay in Inaba."
    "Thanks. I hope so too."
I really hope so.

Minnie's new family make it to Sorn's home, a traditional Korean one with those sliding doors at the front.
"Welcome to your new home." her aunt says while taking her shoes off.
"Welcome!" Shuhua adds, running towards the TV in the living room.
"Thanks." is all she says.
"Your room is upstairs, your stuff too. I'll buy us dinner so, just focus on that, alright?"
Minnie nods and heads up the stairs, sliding the door to her new room for the year. It's spacious to say the least, her futon was in the left corner of the room and a nice wooden desk on the right. There was a small TV in the middle on the left side and in front of it a worn out couch. As Minnie entered further in her room, a calendar hanging on the wall caught her attention.

April 2011

Minnie sighed. She's leaving in March of 2012. She unboxed the big box in the middle of her room, with all of her belongings in it. Memories of her old school and friends flood back when the old blazer from her previous school was in the very bottom of the box. Lisa, BamBam, her teachers and the city. God, Minnie's barely been in the town for an hour and she was already homesick. She fights the tears stinging her eyes and unpacks the rest of the box.
In about two hours, Minnie's room is complete. She hung a few polaroids of Lisa and BamBam on her desk, and some posters she brought from home to make it feel like it. Laying on her futon, Minnie hears a knock on the door.
"Dinner's ready!" her little cousin Shuhua yells. Minnie finds it cute.
"Coming!"
When Minnie gets downstairs, she's met with her aunt holding a plastic bag and laying down on the small table in the living room. The bag said Junes, an unfamiliar store that Minnie didn't know of. Sorn unpacks the bag with sushi and carbonated drinks, while Shuhua excitedly sat down at the table.
"Wow! The food looks delicious, mom!" the younger said grabbing her chopsticks. "Hey wait, don't dig in yet! Wait for Minnie, goofy." her aunt ruffles Shuhua's black hair, making her giggle.
"Looks good, where'd you get this from?" Minnie asks while sitting across from Shuhua.
"Junes, it's this new supermarket they've built in Inaba. Pretty convenient I tell you."
Minnie nods as her aunt opened up the sushi along with the cans of soda.
"Alright, everyone! Dig in!"
And they did.
The three of them ate in silence with their mouths busy. Until Shuhua started singing along with a TV commercial.
"Everyday's great at your Junes!" Minnie's little cousin sings cutely with her mouth full of sushi. She giggles at her cousins antics.
"Do you like Junes, Shuhua?"
"Yep! Junes is my favooorite!" she says passionately. Minnie never knew that someone could feel so strongly about a supermarket.
Time flies and the family finishes their dinner with Minnie and Shuhua cleaning dishes. The high schooler finds out that Shuhua does most of the dishes and laundry, since her mom is out so often. Minnie wonders why.
"How come Aunt Sorn is out so often?"
"It's because she's a detective. She catches the bad guys." she says with pride. Minnie smiles.
"Yeah, she does."
When her head hit her futon, she fell right asleep. The tiring events of riding a train for half the day and the atmosphere of this lousy town made Minnie exhausted. And not only that, her first day of school was tomorrow too, she needed as much rest as she can get.

Minnie wakes up to the smell of toast and eggs. She assumes it's Sorn cooking them up breakfast, but it was the complete opposite. She found Shuhua cooking her breakfast.
"Shuhua? What are you doing?" she peaks through her cousin, standing on a stool to get to the stove.
"Cooking us breakfast. Mom already left a while ago, so I cook. I can only do toast and sunny side up eggs though." the child turned off the heat and put the fresh food onto plates for them. Wow, Minnies seven year old cousin just cooked her a meal. Wow.
"Thank you, Shuhua. It looks great."
"Mhm! Oh and also we take the same route to school, so let's walk together, ok?" she looks up at her older cousin.
"Yeah of course. Let's go together."
After Minnie finished her food, she went back upstairs to change in her new uniform. It was a simple white dress shirt with a yellow and black tie, matched with a black blazer saying, Yasogami. The skirt was pretty cute too, it was black with white plaid. Minnie grabbed her bag and downstairs, wearing slides as she met up with Shuhua.
"You ready?" Minnie looks down to her cousin.
"I should be asking you that." she giggles up at her already smiling cousin.
"You got a point." and the duo walk toward their schools.

When Minnie arrived at Yasogami High School, she immediately got stares from all directions and she was only at the front gate.
"New transfer?"
    "—she's pretty cute."
    "Not as cute as Miyeon thou—"
This was expected, Minnie thought. A new transfer student in a small town would definitely attract some attention. So, she kept walking to her new shoe locker to change out her slides. Minnie remembers to visit the faculty office before class so she did, and met with the most hideous teacher she's ever met. Mr. Park was a small guy with a purple suit with white stripes. His teeth were crooked, his eyes were tiny and his glasses didn't make them any better. Also, his attitude was shit.
"I better not see you playing around with some dudes like a whore! You hear me?!" he snarks at Minnie, who, has not even said a word yet.
"Yes, sir."
"Another city kid, huh. I can't even handle that bitch Yuqi for god's sake." Mr. Park grumbles. Minnie just stares at her home room teacher's words of choice. How is he even a teacher?
"Alright, follow me. I'll introduce you to the class."
And Minnie did.
He slides the room open aggressively and is met with the stares digging through Minnie's skin. The class is busy with conversations.
"Shut your traps! We got a new transfer today." Mr. Park stares down the class.
"Introduce yourself, you wuss." you could barely see his face, but Minnie saw the teacher staring at her from the side. She scoffs.
"Who're you calling a wuss?"
The class reaction was priceless, even Mr. Park's mouth was agape.
"That's it. You're immediately on my shit list."
Minnie turns her attention to the board in front of her, rolling her eyes. She begins wright her name on the board.
"My name is Nicha Yontararak, you can call me Minnie though. It's nice to meet you." the transfer bows her toward the class.
"Alright... now where do I assign you.." Mr. Park trails while finding Minnie a seat. A female student raises her hand.
"She can sit right here! It's empty." it was a blonde girl (maybe a little too blonde) pointing to the empty seat next to hers. She had strong eyes that could pulverized you, Minnie kept note to not mess with her.
"Yeah, sure get you're ass over there, Minnie." Mr. Park waves his hand and turns toward his clipboard, ready to mark attendance. Minnie walks to her knew seat, it was next to the blonde girl and behind her, was a light brunette one with her head down. She didn't look to good.
"Don't mind Yuqi, she's always like that," says the bright blonde. Minnie nods and sits down while hanging her bag on the back of her chair.
"My name's Soyeon. Jeon Soyeon. It's nice to meet you." Soyeon says with a friendly smile. Minnie smiles back.
"Minnie. It's nice to meet you too, Soyeon."
Mr. Park interrupts their friendly conversation with a loud AHEM-!.
Soyeon sighs.
"Must suck to transfer to this dead town and have King Moron as your homeroom teacher. Talk about luck." the blonde whispers.
Minnie raises an eyebrow, "King Moron?"
"Describes him perfectly, no?"
The transfer could only giggle a bit and turns her attention back to class.

The bell rings and Minnie sighs. It's been a day she feels, and can't wait to get home and squiggle in her warm futon.
Minnie grabs her bag and stands up from her seat. Her ears perk when she hears some commotion going around.
"H-Hey, Soyeon! The DVD was great, uh..! Thanks for letting me borrow it! Bye!" the light brunette who sat behind her clumsily gives Soyeon a DVD case, and heads to the door in a rush.
"Hold it!" she demands and brings out her leg to trip the poor girl, causing her to fall on her face.
"Ouch." Minnie mutters.
With the girls face eating the wooden floor butt perked up and everything, Soyeon opens her DVD with heartbreak all over her face.
"My—My Trial of The Dragon..! Y—You! It's cracked!" the bright blonde stood completely still, and Minnie assumes a friend of Soyeon, walks up to her. The transfer only saw the back of her hair, it was a pretty dark brown.
"M—Miyeon! She—She broke my Trial of The Dragon...!" Soyeon pouts at her friend.
Then, like the flash, the girl on the ground stood up and brushed the dirt of her clothes and face.
"I swear it was an accident! Here, um...," the girl trails.
"I promise to you Soyeon, I'll pay you on my next paycheck! Please have mercy on me..." she trembles and bows toward the blonde.
"You should forgive her, Soyeon. I'm sure she didn't mean it." says 'Miyeon'. Soyeon looks at her friend and huffs.
"I want two beef bowls. Then you'll be forgiven." Soyeon slams her DVD shut and walks out of the classroom with her friend, leaving the brunette behind. She sighs as her eyes follow the bright blonde out of sight.
The victim turns to Minnie. Her eyes widen a bit.
"Hey, you're the new transfer, right?" she says walking up to Minnie. She nods.
"I'm Song Yuqi, at your service. I'm from the city too, I just transferred a couple months ago." Yuqi holds out her hand for a shake, and Minnie accepts.
"Nice to meet you too, Yuqi. I'm Minnie."
"I feel like we'll get along just fine, Minnie." the brunette says with a comforting smile.
"Oh, and with that scene back there with Soyeon, don't worry about it. I'll handle it on my own."
Minnie laughs, "I wasn't planning to help you anyway." Then both of them laugh.
"Which way are you heading home? I'll walk you."
    "Really? I take..."

Minnie gets home after saying farewell to her new friend, Yuqi. The day went by fine Minnie tells herself.
The transfer slides open the door to Shuhua watching TV in the living room.
"Oh, welcome home big sis!"
Minnie's heart warms. She loves Shuhua so much.
"Hey, Shuhua. How was school today?" Minnie asks, taking off her shoes and walking toward the little one and sitting next to her.
"It was good, as usual. How was yours?"
"Mine went pretty well too. I met some nice classmates."
"Cool! I hope you get loooots of friends, like me!" she says pointing to herself. Minnie laughs at the action.
"Hmm, I don't know if I can get as many as you, but I'll try."
Shuhua gives her a smile and turns her attention back to the TV. Minnies eyes wander through the house, wondering where her aunt is.
"Hey Shuhua, where's your mom?"
"Probably working. She gets home late a lot so I buy food at Junes."
Minnie is shocked. Her seven year old cousin buys food alone, cooks food alone, does dishes and laundry alone, and stays at home. ALONE. This kid is more mature than half of the population.
"Were you planning to buy dinner right now?"
Shuhua nods.
"You want to come with?" as she gets up from the floor.
"Let's go. This is my first time going to Junes."
Her cousin looks at her, surprised.
"Then you're going to love it! Junes is suuuuper awesome!" Minnie nods with a smile and the two head out into the street.

Junes was not something Minnie expected. It was a huge supermarket with a grocery store, cafeteria and an outdoor one, an electronics center, and so much more. It's basically a small town Costco.
"See? Isn't Junes amazing?" Shuhua says while grabbing a shopping basket.
Minnie nods.
"Yeah, it's huge. How do you find anything in here?"
Her cousin looks up at her.
"I ask the nice employees around! My favorite is Yuqi. But don't tell anyone that." Shuhua puts a finger over her mouth with a shush. Minnie laughs and nods at her mirroring her action.
"Speaking of Yuqi, there she is!" her little legs bring her toward the light brunette, organizing some cans in an aisle.
"Yuuuuuqi!!" Shuhua yells, crashing into Yuqi's beige and red apron.
"Shuhua! Looking for dinner again?" she hugs the girl back.
"Yep—oh! Yuqi, this is my cousin, Minnie!" the girl introduces Minnie to Yuqi, ironic because, they already know each other.
"You're Shuhua's cousin? No way! Small world—or town indeed!" Yuqi slaps a hand on Minnie's back making her smile.
"Yeah, and I didn't know you worked in Shuhua's favorite store."
Yuqi's hand still hung onto Minnie's shoulder and gave her a friendly grin.
"Well, you know how I said I transferred here from the city? That's because my dad's the manager of this store. Crazy huh?" Minnies eyes almost shot out of her sockets.
"That is crazy. Funny how we both are here because of our parents jobs."
"Anyway," Yuqi says. "What're you guys looking for dinner?"
Shuhua chimes in immediately, "I'm feeling ramen or fried chicken! Don't you too, Minnie?"

    (Minnie was actually feeling like eating barbecue, but she holds it back for the sake of her adorable cousin.)

"Yeah, actually. Where can we find them, Yuqi?"
Yuqi gives them directions and they say bye to the employee. The two cousins reach their aisle and order some friend chicken. As they waited, Minnie went out to the aisle with instant noodles. Shuhua said she wanted shin, so she scanned the shelves for it. She was lucky she found one more pack left. Minnie went for the ramen with her hand, reaching out for it.
Until, another hand walked in and the two brushed against each other.
The two hands jerked back, and the owners of the hands looked at each other, surprised.
Minnie spoke up first.
"I—I'm so sorry! You can take it, I'll just get another on—"
"—No. Please you can have it. I was mistaken and I wanted shin black. Please. Take it."
Minnie saw pretty hands grab the packet and pushed them toward her. She was in awe when she looked up.
The girl had dark brown hair, a beautiful face that compliments it, a strong high nose bridge, pretty eyes, nice lips, and oh—was Minnie looking at her too long?
"O—Oh. Uh.. Thanks," she pauses, "A—Are—are you sure you want me to have this? I mean—" The beautiful lady stops her again.
"Take it. Please."
Minnie nods. She also didn't notice the girl had the same uniform as her. Hers was prim and proper, she wore her tie all the way to the top, she wore her vest with little to no wrinkles, and her blazer was as straight as her hair. While Minnie on the other hand, was in a crumple uniform shirt with both her buttons unbuttoned and her tie sunk to her chest. Her skirt was tussled at the ends and she wore socks and slides. What a view.
"You... You go to Yasogami as well?"
The stranger nods, and her eyebrows go up, like she remembered something.
"You're the new transfer. Minnie, was it?"
The owner of the name nods, surprised to see someone actually remember her.
The girl giggles a little and looks back at Minnie, whose legs were jelly at this point.
"I'm Miyeon, I sit in front of Soyeon, the bright blonde one."
Miyeon.
"Oh! Miyeon! You were with Soyeon when she kicked down Yuqi, no?"
The beauty laughed with her teeth showing, recalling the memory.
"Yeah, it was a funny sight no? Soyeon and Yuqi's friendship never fails to make me laugh."
"Yeah, it was hilarious. Yuqi had her butt perked up and everything. She's got not shame." The two laugh comfortably. Minnie not being able to get her eyes off the beautiful girl in front of her.
"Minnieeee!" yells a child-like voice.
Shuhua.
The little girl ran up to her older cousin with a tub of fried chicken, looking toward Miyeon.
"Wow, who's the pretty lady?" she blurts.
Minnie quickly puts a hand over Shuhua's mouth and gives Miyeon a apologetic smile.
Miyeon giggles (like a goddess).
"Thank you. Is this your sister, Minnie?"
Minnie uncovers Shuhua's mouth, giving her a glare.
"Something like that. She's my cousin."
Miyeon nods.
"You're very cute, Shuhua. Take care of you're cousin alright?" she looks down at the little one, giving her a thumbs up.
"Will do! Thanks pretty lady!"
Saying their farewells, Minnie sighed all of her nervousness into the air.
"You like her, don't you?" Shuhua blurts. Again.
Minnie turns to her cousin with her eyes wide open.
"W—What?! No! I just met her today!"
"You think she's cute though."
"Well, yes. But—wait, no!"
Minnie grips her hair in frustration, she can't believe her cousin caught her being gay.
"Don't worry, I'm not homophobic or anything. Mom sometimes brings home women to the house. And they're kissing."
God, how weird could this town get.

The next morning, Minnie said hi to her three new friends.
"Oh, you've met Miyeon already?" Soyeon says suprised.
Minnie nods, "Yeah, we both wanted the same ramen pack, but she let me take it." Yuqi laughed out loud,
"Wow, talk about romantic."
Soyeon slapped her arm receiving a yelp from the light brunette. Miyeon sighs.
"They fight a lot, don't they?" she turns to Minnie. She nods in agreement.
"It's funny though. It's like their married or something." the atmosphere suddenly went quiet, and Soyeon and Yuqi both stopped bickering. They both had red ears.
"Oh?" Minnie slyly says.
"It's not like that!" Soyeon defends. But Yuqi had other plans.
"Huh? I thought it was exactly like that!"
Soyeon kicks Yuqi's leg and her face responds to the pain.
"D—Don't joke around like that! That's not true! Also, you still have to get me a new Trial of The Dragon copy!" the bright blonde huffs with a crimson face.
They're back to bickering.
Miyeon and Minnie look at each other amused.
Their fun was interrupted though, by a boy in their class.
"Hey, Miyeon." his voice was raspy, his shirt was unbuttoned three times, and his hair was slicked back. Jock alert.
"Oh, hi Hyunjin." the dark brunette says dryly. He moves in closer.
"Are you free after school? How bout' some karaoke with the boys? Think you can—"
"—Sorry I have to work at the inn today."
Hyunjin heaves an angry sigh and walks away.
"Another one of the Miyeon fan club, trying to take on the Cho Challenge." Yuqi says.
"Cho Challenge?" Minnie repeats.
"Our Miyeon here is considered the most beautiful girl in town. So obviously, lots and I mean lots of people want her. Even girls." Soyeon sighs.
"I was one of the girls. But look where I am." Yuqi says glumly.
"I never said that!" Miyeon denies. Minnie could see Yuqi's hope in her eyes.
"Wait—so you'd actually go out with me?"
"Now that I think about it, maybe I did." Yuqi sits back down with a frown. Minnie couldn't help but laugh out loud.
"She's a totally hard to get chick. Also, her family owns an inn with generations of history! It's the Cho Inn and it's famous for it's amazing hot springs. Miyeon's like the perfect girl!" Soyeon brags about Miyeon's background, while she burns a bright red from her face. Minnie couldn't help but smile.
"You have quite the reputation, Ms. Cho." Minnie jokes.
"I, Jeon Soyeon protect Miyeon from all the icky men, and Yuqi. But she sometimes just can't take it anymore and locks herself in her room for days. Maybe weeks." the blonde says with worry.
"Why do you do that, Miyeon?"
The group suddenly turned solemn and put their attention on the beauty.
"Sometimes I just can't take everyone wanting to talk to me, so I just lock myself in or wander around town where no one knows where I am." she confesses.
Minnie doesn't know why, but she puts her hand on Miyeon's back, comforting her.
"It must be hard. Living a life where everyone wants to be with you, when all you want is peace." Yuqi and Soyeon huddle to each other, looking at the two with wide eyes.
Miyeon nods sadly.
"Yeah, it's just... I'm grateful for everyone, but it just gets too out of hand."
The bell rings, ending the lunch period.
Minnie can't seem to get Miyeon out of her head throughout the day.

The next school day, Minnie finds herself called to the faculty office. She grumbles when she realizes it was King Moron who called her in... Not a very good start to the day.
Sliding the door open, she's met with Mr. Park's eyes looking straight at her, Minnie fights the urge to not rip off his single strand of hair on his shiny head.
"Alright, I'll get straight to the point. Sadly, I'm not here to talk to ya about you causing trouble or anything," King Moron takes a flyer from his desk and hands it towards Minnie, "Take a look at it. It's the clubs we offer here at Yaso."
Minnie was never really a club girl, though, she did play soccer for half her life and that was the only thing she did.
Minnie folded the flyer and put it in her shirt pocket. "Thank you, sir. I'll be sure to join one soon." Mr. Park didn't even look at her and turned his attention to the stack of papers in front of him.
"Yeah yeah, whatever. Now get out of here."
And she did, with thoughts of strangling his stubby neck.

When Minnie reached the shoe locker area, it began to pour. She curses herself for not bringing an umbrella and braces herself for a soaking run home.
Till' someone tapped her shoulder.
"Don't have an umbrella?" Miyeon asked.
Minnie sighed, "No. I can't believe I forgot it, I even heard the TV station today—"
Miyeon cut off her rambling when she popped open her red umbrella in the rain.
"Ready?" she tilted her head at Minnie, who was red, like her umbrella.
"U—Um. We—We're sharing..?" the girl stutters, staring at the beauty with the red umbrella.
"What else, silly? Come on!" Miyeon grabs Minnie's arm into the cover of the umbrella, protecting them from the downpour.
But Minnie was taller than Miyeon, so her shoulder was getting soaked.
Miyeon noticed this and acted immediately.
"Here, why don't you hold it. You're shoulder is soaked already." the dark brunette leaned over Minnie to brush her wet shoulder. Her head was right in front of hers.
"Oh, i—it's fine really."
"No. I insist."
Minnie got flashbacks when she first met Miyeon at Junes. She was stubborn alright, so she took the umbrella from her hand and the two continued walking home together.
They fell in a silence for a while until Miyeon struck up a conversation.
"So, Minnie, what brings you to quiet Inaba?" she looks toward the nervous wreck.
"Well.. my parents work in business, so naturally they travel a lot. But this time, they had something to go to overseas, for a year," Minnie looked back at Miyeon's deep gaze, "A—and so that brings me here. I'm staying with my aunt and Shuhua till' March of next year." Miyeon diverts her gaze to the wet sidewalk.
"So you're here temporarily. I see," she looks back at Minnie, still nervous from the brunettes pretty eyes, "What was it like in the city? I've never left Inaba before so.. I always wonder what a bustling city full of people and cars is like. How was your home, Minnie?" She gulps. She can't take it anymore, her gaze, her brown eyes that go on forever, her lips that are just looking straight at her, but Minnie refuses. The devil won't tempt her today.
"My life in the city huh... To start off, you weren't wrong about the bustling and cars. It's
everywhere. It feels so strange her in Inaba because it's so quiet, in the city, there was no such thing as silence. But, I love the city. I loved how busy it was, how loud it was. I loved how me and my friends would go out after school to a nearby café that opened. Miyeon, I miss the city so much." Minnie let out a big sigh. She didn't know she'd been keeping all these emotions for so long, but they were bound to get out someday.
Miyeon took Minnie's arm and wrapped hers around it, making her flinch a bit from the sudden contact. She looked at her once again.
"I feel like you've been meaning to get those emotions out for a while now." she says.
Minnie nods.
"I haven't realized it yet. Till' I talked to you, of course." the transfer smiled sadly.
Minnie didn't notice it yet, but they were already at her front door.
The two look at each other with a I wanted to talk to you more face, but obviously they didn't say it.
"See you tomorrow?"
Miyeon smiled.
"See you tomorrow."

Minnie didn't see her the next day. She asked Soyeon, and she replied,
"She's tired of the suitors again. I don't think she'll be coming to school for a few days. Besides, she also has an inn to take care of as well."
The raven sighed. She was hoping for them to talk again today, since yesterday went so well. But, the universe has other plans Minnie guesses.
It was another cloudy day today and the gloomy mood didn't help the gloomy Minnie. She found out from Yuqi that there was a shrine in the town, where you could pray for someone you thought of. So, that's where she was right now.
She put some coins in the box and clapped her hands together, praying for her parents to be safe. It was finished in a couple of minutes, so she just sat there in front of the shrine, thinking.
Minnie was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't realize a bright orange fox with a red collar in the tree, looking straight at her. Attached to it's collar was a gold key, Minnie wonders what it's used for.
Yip!
It yelled.
Yip!
It yelled again.
Yip!
It yelled a third time.
Minnie wonders why the fox keeps yipping, but she just stares at it like it's crazy. An old woman approached the shrine, making Minnie stand from where she sat.
"Oh, were you going to use the shrine? My apologies, I'll get going." she says, grabbing her bag. The old woman stopped her from leaving, "Do you perhaps know of a girl named Cho Miyeon?"
The name of her potential crush made Minnie's eyes light up. She nods at the wrinkled woman.
"Hm," the woman looks up toward the orange fox, "You see, that fox is actually hers. The key attached to it's collar is significant to it because, well, whoever gets the key first, is immediately Ms. Cho's lover."
Minnie almost drops her bag. Miyeon's...lover?
She gulps, "Um, why a fox?"
"One day, Ms. Cho received too many suitors and was completely overwhelmed. The suitors followed her across the town to her inn and she screamed at them, 'Whoever gets the key from the fox shall be my significant!' and slammed the door shut! The next thing you know is a fox appearing from the side of the inn and running in the streets." the greying lady chuckles at the memory before continuing, "Since then, nobody's been able to catch the sly thing. It's always outsmarted everyone. Even girls tried capturing the poor creature! Ms. Cho certainly has an effect on this town, I tell you that." she turns toward the shrine at drops a coin in, "Young lady you attend the same school as her correct?" Minnie nods.
"Keep an eye out for her. One day, she might throw the whole town away with how many people want her." she turns from Minnie and started to pray.
Minnie was left dumbfounded, capture the fox's key, and Miyeon is yours to have?

Well, shit! Let's get to work then!
Minnie thought.

Minnie stayed up all night thinking of a plan to outsmart the fox. She knew it was invincible to anything normal like grabbing it or trying to trick it, so Minnie thought of something genius:

Get the fox to warm up to her.

She's never been an animal person, but she might as well be when it comes to Cho Miyeon. Minnie tussles and turns in her futon, too excited to see the animal tomorrow.

After school, Minnie brought a bowl of water and jerky in front of the shrine, hoping the fox would come down.
And it did.
It was cautious at first, staring straight at Minnie's eyes, her hands up showing that she's not a threat. Minnie stood absolutely still, until she took a step back, intimidated by the four-legged creature. The sudden movement startles the fox, retreating back into the trees.
Minnie sighs.
Maybe next time.

Time and time again, Minnie has somewhat succeeded in her plan. It's been a week since she's met the fox, and it's now eating the jerky off Minnie's palm. She started to pet the head of the fox, making it yip! in happiness.

Minnie was sitting in her seat, not really listening to the lecture going on, but looking at the beautiful back of Cho Miyeon. She was so focused in class that she probably didn't notice the hard stare Minnie was giving her.
The transfer heard a psst! from the side.
"I've seen you with Miyeon's fox after school, are you thinking of.." Soyeon waits for Minnie to finish her sentence, and she knew exactly what she was talking about as the tips of her ears turned red.
"Yeah... I—I'm too shy to talk to her, so I guess I'm taking the easy route." she shrugs. Soyeon nods in approval.
"I think you're a good person, Minnie. I approve of you."
"I approve of you too!" Yuqi whispers from behind, making Minnie laugh a little louder than she wanted.
"Minnie! Pay attention!" yells King Moron.
"Y—Yes sir!"

Minnie had a soccer game that evening with the school, so she couldn't visit the fox today.
As she was warming up, her teammate, Kim Hyunjin, leaned in her ear.
"Hey, Cho Miyeon's here today."
Minnie darted her eyes toward the small crowd, and saw Miyeon sitting on the bleachers. By herself.
"Well damn, I'm playing like Messi today." Hyunjin laughs at her remark and shoves her shoulder jokingly as the two continue warming up.

Minnie didn't play like Messi, but she scored 5 goals in tonights game. After the match was over, the team group hugged Minnie, almost crushing the poor girl. They put their arms around each other and chanted Minnie! Minnie! Minnie!
Miyeon left the game before she could talk to her.
She sighed, the reason why she played so well was for her, and she was gone like that.
When everyone calmed down, Minnie packed her things and waved farewell to her team.
There was only one thing in her mind right now: going to the shrine.
As of late, she's been hanging around the fox a lot, like it were her friend. She talked to it about so many things like soccer, how she was feeling, her family, but most importantly, Miyeon.
She talks about how beautiful Miyeon is, and how her personality reflects on such a gorgeous girl. The fox and Minnie were like teenage gossip girls talking about their crushes. Except the fox couldn't talk, of course.
When Minnie reached the shrine, she was met with the fox in the tree, climbing down to meet Minnie. She smiled at the four-legged creature and sat down at the shrine, she still had her soccer jersey on so she didn't smell great.
The fox sat on her lap, sensing that Minnie was feeling down today and looking up at her with ears perked. The fox wanted to listen what Minnie had in mind today.
She sighed and told the fox everything. Her game was going out great when she saw Miyeon looking at her play, how great it felt for her eyes to be placed on her and only her as Minnie played her best to impress her, and she felt her heart break when she left before even saying a word to her.
The fox laid still on Minnie's lap, looking up at her. Minnie rubbed the fox's soft fur, "If only your owner knew how deeply I feel about her." Minnie looked down at the ground sadly, but the fox nudged at her hand, leading it to the key.

The key that Minnie had always wanted.

She froze, this is what she wanted, right? If she got the key that means Miyeon would be hers.
But Minnie totally forgot about the objective when she befriended the fox. She found a new friend instead.

So she declined.

"No, I don't deserve it. And plus, you're my new friend aren't you?" Minnie says with still, a sad smile.

The fox huffed, nudging her hand again toward the key again. It looks like the fox really wanted it off.

Minnie hesitates for a while. She looks up back at the fox who had expectation in its eyes.

She sighs.

"Fine." and she pulls the key off the string attached to the red collar.

Then all she heard, was a poof! and was surrounded by a pink smoke.

Minnie coughs and waves her hand in front of her face, pushing the smoke away from her nostrils.

"Fox? Where'd you go?"

But instead, she felt a heavy weight in her lap, something way heavier and warmer than the fox. Arms wrapped around her neck, and breathing was felt close to her face.

This was definitely not the fox.

The pink smoke started the dissipate, revealing the person she's been wanting to see this entire time.

Cho Miyeon, sitting in her lap and arms around her neck, just centimeters away from her face.

Minnie couldn't believe the sight. She inhaled sharply before looking up at the beauty in front of her.

"M—Miyeon? Were you... the fox?"
She nods.
"I've heard every little thing about what you've said about me, Ms. Yontararak," she smirks while getting closer to Minnie's face.

"—and it looks like you're mine now."

Miyeon says that last sentence, before closing the space between them.

A kiss that would forever be marked in Minnie's memory.

A kiss, that she would never experience back in the city.

And a girl who makes all the life in this town worth it.

Everybreath I take there's a warmscent
I can't believe this new world
A pink warmth wraps around me
I can't take my eyes off this amazing fantasy

Talk to me
Fin.

————————————-

hope u guys enjoyed this one shot 😜
this is almost 7,000 words oml this is longest
thing i've ever written
anyways this story was inspired by this one below

it's a great story you guys should rlly check it out, left me fluffed up inside n shit
also if you didn't notice the setting in this story is from persona 4 no personas or anything just using the town el o el
i'll be updating halloween breakup soon promise
have a good day 🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 168K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
17.4K 707 39
𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘦 <3 highest rank #2 in dahyun #175 in songs
The Parks By 66

Fanfiction

4.6K 484 22
With the burning fire of revenge to make her family and Ex-husband suffer, Kim Jisoo's life has changed. Finding herself in a new life- she isn't mar...
34.4K 465 73
We love each other yes, But we have to part