Reincarnated as the mother of...

Von JamesSylar

After giving birth to her first daughter, Rosanne Dragonroot remembers all of her previous life in "our world... Mehr

Prologue. How to raise a villainess properly?
Chapter 1. Welcome to the human race.
Chapter 2. To the garden.
Chapter 3. Physical and emotional health.
Chapter 4. Childhood friend.
Chapter 5. This must be the place.
Chapter 6. Strawberry fields forever.
Chapter 7. Sowing the seeds of love.
Chapter 8. Feasting on the flowers.
Chapter 9. Follow you, follow me.
Chapter 10. Monarchy of Roses.
Chapter 11. Keep yourself alive.
Chapter 12. Of wishful thinking.
Chapter 13. Just another day.
Chapter 14. Last Dinosaur
Chapter 15. Eye in the Sky.
Chapter 16. Late at Night.
Chapter 17. Devil came to me.
Chapter 18. Animal Instinct.
Chapter 19. Down by the water.
Chapter 20. Alive and kicking.
Chapter 21. ABACAB
Chapter 22. Break it down again.
Chapter 23. Of Pain.
Chapter 24. Seven Days in Sunny June.
Chapter 25. Knights of Cydonia.
Chapter 26. Birdhouse in your soul.
Chapter 27. There is a light that never goes out.
Chapter 28. Heart of glass.
Chapter 29. Fade to Black.
Chapter 30. Starlight.
Chapter 31. Getting closer.
Chapter 32. Only know in the moment.
Chapter 33. La costa del silencio.
Chapter 34. La Cantata del Diablo.
Chapter 35. El Atrapasueños.
Chapter 36. La Voz Dormida.
Chapter 38. La Cruz de Santiago.
Chapter 39. La Leyenda de la Mancha.
Chapter 40. La danza del fuego.
Chapter 41. Brighter than the sun.
Chapter 42. Mary on a cross.
Chapter 43. Blood on the radio.
Chapter 44. They provide the paint for the picture-perfect masterpiece.
Chapter 45. Memoria da noite.
Chapter 46. Everlong

Chapter 37. El Santo Grial.

99 8 0
Von JamesSylar

(From Maxwell)

There have been several moments since I met Rosanne when I have questioned her sanity. She often talks to herself or talks about things that make absolutely no sense when she thinks nobody is listening. Then she apparently started to pretend to be able to tell the future... with unnerving accuracy. Her brain just doesn't work in the same way as everyone else I have met, but I have become accustomed to that. However, those words made me think she had genuinely lost her mind.

—I am going to look for the saintess —she told me when I asked her in private to repeat what she had told me.

—Do you even have any idea of what you are saying? The northern territories are extremely dangerous; the environment is harsh even to those who live there, and there are a lot of bandits and raiders! We are not even sure that the saintess is in that place, for all we know she is in one of the towns near the other towers, and we will find her pretty soon —I said, and took a moment to clear my head—. You are right, we need to cover all of our bases. But there is no need for you to risk your life, I will go to the capital and form another group to —

—We don't have time! —Rosanne yelled, and it almost felt like the entire mansion shook—. The lives of Erzi, Augustus, Gaius, Carmila, and everyone else are at risk! I... I can see them drowning in a sea of darkness when I try to sleep. I can't ignore those nightmares anymore, I have to do something about it.

If I have heard anyone else say that, I would think they were just rambling incoherencies. But I knew Rosanne far too well, there was always a reason behind her words, no matter how absurd they sounded. Still, no matter the reason, going with her plan was madness. If I had pushed a little bit more, confronted her with the reality of the situation, she might have come to accept a compromise that didn't involve risking her life. But at that moment, looking her straight into her eyes, I didn't dare to do it.

—... Fine, just let me get some preparations done, we'll depart as soon as I finish.

—W-wait, are you coming with me?

—Of course I am going. Do you know how much you are going to risk your physical and spiritual health by doing this trip? And that's not even considering we still don't know what's causing THAT! —I said, pointing to her horns— There is no way I am letting you go alone.

—B-but what about the hospital? They need you there.

—Everyone is already familiarized with the treatment. In fact, some of the old geezers are better at it than I am. They will get mad at me, specially Carmila, but if we do find the saintess, they won't go farther than lynching me.

It took her a moment, but when Rosanne processed what I had said, she let out a laugh against her will. She tried to cover her mouth, but it was pretty obvious she was still giggling. Seeing her smile got some weight out of my shoulders.

—Idiot, this is not time to be joking —she said, punching me in the arm. That hurt a bit more than expected, but I didn't say anything.

—You are right, we need to start working. I'll send a letter to the capital and to the hospital to inform them of the situation, perhaps ask for reinforcements that would meet us there. Then we have to figure out how to get there. If we take a carriage, it might take us two weeks just to get to the frontier...

—Perhaps I could help with that —a voice spoke, coming from outside of the house.

At that point, we were on the second floor of the mansion, so I was justifiable confused, but Rosanne seemed to know what was going on. She hurried to the window and opened it, peaking to the outside without a hint of caution.

—Adrian? What are you doing here?

—Good afternoon, Madame —the crocodilian being said—, when I felt the earthquake I worried about you, so I came to check. I got pretty good hearing, so I confirmed you were healthy pretty quickly. I was about to return to the pier, but I happened to hear some of your conversation. I beg you would pardon my indiscretion. Do you need to get to the northern territories, right? I can take you there in less than three days.

—How? There are no rivers going that far —I interjected.

—That is true, our doctor —Adrian said—, but you are not considering that we are not in our old home right now. From where we stand, the ocean isn't that far, we can travel north through it, and then reach our objective from the back.

I pictured the map in my mind, I had looked at it so much the previous days that I had it memorized. There was a big lake near the radio tower, with rivers connecting it to the ocean to the northwest. It was a feasible plan, but there was a problem.

—That ocean is known for being extremely cold, with harsh waves and harsher currents. There are even legends about terrible monsters living there. Do you really think you can do it?

—Adrian, I do not want you to risk your life for a whim of mine —Rosanne said.

—Madame, I wouldn't have suggested it if I thought I would be risking YOUR life. This is not the first time I have swam in that ocean.

—Then, we will take on your offer, we'll depart just as we finish our preparations.

—Understood, I'll be ready! —Adrian said smiling, as he returned to the pier.

We got to do our work. I must have written at least seven long letters, instructing the maids to deliver them to the capital, as well as instructing the mansion's nurse how to treat the young prince's ailment in my absence. Thankfully, she was one of the people who got training at the academy's hospital, so she already knew the basics. I was not sure if I was to be surprised by the Queen's foresight, or just take it as something to be expected from her. In the meantime, Rosanne went to talk with her family. Her attendants of course tried to make her change her mind, but it was all in vain.

—I will be going to look for the person who can cure the curse, so that she can curse Julius' brother. It will take me some time, maybe more than a week, but I will come as soon as I can.

—I... I understand —her daughter said, hugging her.

I was always surprised how mature and understanding that girl could be, while also being able to act as a spoiled baby just as often. She then threw a glare at me.

—You too have to come back home, you got it? —she said, more as an order than anything. I nodded in response, and she seemed satisfied with that.

—Madame, please reconsider it —Nora said—, at least take me and Alyssa with you, that site is very dangerous.

Rosanne shook her head.

—I need both of you to stay here and protect Violett and the princes. I can protect myself, and Adrian will be coming with us as well. We just need to see if the saintess is in the last site, we won't be doing anything too risky.

—But...

—Madame, Doctor! —one of the maids of the mansion came to us—, you have visitors.

—Visitors? Right now?

—Yes, they are priests from the church —she said, and Rosanne instinctively covered her already bandaged horns —. They are waiting for you at the pier.

Confused, we went to meet up with them. Nora and Alyssa walked protectively in front of Rosanne, while she was carrying her daughter. To my surprise, the person waiting for us was none other than Lucius, alongside a priestess who I hadn't met yet. She was covering her face under a mask that resembled the face of a fox, but from her having her arms crossed and the rest of her body language, it was pretty clear she didn't want to be there. A sheathed sword was hanging at her waist, one that was rather peculiar, narrow and curved.

—Lucius, what are you doing here? —I asked.

—Oh, well, you seemed to be worried about that one radio tower you decided to skip, your face after reading the preliminary reports was quite the sight as well. I predicted that after talking with Madame Dragonroot you would want to check if the saintess was there, and considering that you both seem to be ready to go, it looks like I was right.

—...Right, and you decided to come all the way here to stop us?

—Oh, no, I would never. I am your ally, dear doctor. I came to help! See, only members of the church can detect the traces of holy magic, reliably identifying the saintess. I, sadly, lack such powers, but my partner here agreed to help us, and even protect us in our travel!

—Who agreed to that? You forced me into it! —the other priest said, then she turned towards Rosanne, pointing with her finger at her— Listen you, demon! I will protect you, but only for the sake of finding the saintess. If you do anything weird, I will cut you in two.

—Don't take her seriously, Madame —Lucius said—, Ingrid is just very devoted and recently started to mentally link with the others, so her mind is full of everyone's opinions.

I felt the air becoming colder, as I saw Rosanne walk towards the second priest.

—Ingrid, was it? You don't have anything to worry—Rosanne said in an emotionless tone, her face was frozen, as it did whenever she got nervous—, I only want to find the saintess for her own safety and to save everyone who has been afflicted by the curse. If I do anything that even comes to resemble evil, you have my permission to strike me down right then and there.

The young woman who was so energetic just a few seconds before, was now barely avoiding trembling, and has even taken a step back.

—S-sure, as long as it stays clear... —she managed to say.

—Excellent! —Rosanne added, drawing a big smile on her face—, then we'll depart immediately.

We set off after saying our goodbyes, hoping that we would be back in a week, either after finding the saintess of having heard that one of the other teams found her.

—I'll be back soon, I love you —Rosanne said to her daughter as she gave her one last hug.

—I love you too, take care of him —I thought I heard the little girl say. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

510K 19.1K 47
When I found the newest Otome game by the famous game company Hugot7, I was crying tears of joy. It was utterly beautiful, the scenery, the kingdoms...
2.4K 49 15
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
508K 30.9K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
1.4K 53 10
I had a good life. I had a stable job at a famous cafe, and, met someone who I wanted to live the rest of my life with... But I was run over by a car...