๐’๐Ž๐‹๐’๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐„ ๐‡๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘ ๏ฟฝ...

By strawvrys

โ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ง๐ž๐, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ข๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž... More

SOLSTICE HOVER THE MAIDENS
chapter i. l'รฉnigme du gardien
chapter ii. aligner les รฉtoiles

chapter iii. murmures du destin

56 2 0
By strawvrys

The library was silent since there were no more shuffling book pages or hushed discussions. Ella Musk, a bright young girl, was the last to leave the room after finishing up her Hillichurlian language practice. As the library needed to be organized before closing, the lights began to dim.

[name] crossed the last item off her to-do list after placing the final Sumeru book on one of the wooden shelves and yawning from exhaustion. She then cleaned all the unnecessary paperwork and set it aside for trash. Her heel lightly tapped against the hardwood floors, the sounds making her too drowsy to even continue working.

The assistant librarian paused at the bottom of the stairs and took a blank look at the person sleeping on the main desk, sitting with their head bowed. So that the sleeping individual wouldn't have to wake up to a glaring light, she turned off the lamp that was directly next to them.

Lisa Minci, [name]'s boss, was dozing off. The woman is a witch with a mind for learning who can never have enough sleep. Lisa is clever in that she always knows exactly what to do with whatever is bothering her as the Librarian of the Knights of Favonius.

It must be good to take a nap in peace after napping all afternoon. [name] started picturing herself crashing onto her plush bed when she gets home. It was already after 8 p.m. when she pulled out her pocket watch to check the time.

Her boss was blissfully dozing with her head down when [name] arrived at the library two hours ago. She entered the wooden doors carelessly and received odd looks from the people. The second floor entryway was flanked by boxes of recently arrived books that were waiting to be organized.

She now completed all of her work and started to descend the library's stairs. [name] took a seat at one of the study desks so she could rest her feet, but a faint chuckle from above interrupted her.

She peered up, turning her head with wide eyes to see Lisa yawning away her exhaustion. Lisa spoke out, "My, hey there darling. Judging from your exhausted figure, I presume you finished what I called you in for?" as she leaned on the railings.

The younger woman spoke loudly, trying to mask her tiredness, "I have accomplished all that needs to be done by today, Miss Lisa." Despite having nothing else on her itinerary, she also apologized for being late. [name] omitted the details of her antics at Jean's office and her brief encounter with her friends.

"It is quite unusual for you to be late but I'll let it slide," Lisa hummed. Her senior smiled mischievously as she recalled the news Kaeya had given her. "I heard what you did at Jean's office, you little troublemaker. I should give you a little punishment for not even cleaning up your mess," she teased [name].

Slowly averting her sight from her senior, [name] started to perspire nervously. "I-it was for research between Sucrose and I... There were other knights patrolling near my workspace, that's why I ended up at Jean's area. I didn't expect the acting grandmaster to be actually inside." Simply put, she simply cannot bring herself to tell anyone that she brought it in to keep it as a pet.

The teen's half-lie was caught by Lisa, but she avoided bringing it up. She instead grabbed hold of one of the Sumeru book volumes the assistant had just arranged and descended the stairs. The book displays an all-encompassing picture of a man and woman on its maroon, hardbound cover.

"When I studied Sumeru's akademiya, I used to always spend my break at a library. I frequently visit there to nap in order to avoid the overwhelming task they've been assigning me. I recalled carrying this book with me just in case I get caught. When I attempted to read it, it immediately provided me with insight into how someone would go to great lengths for love." Lisa replied as a flood of nostalgia swept over her.

"I'm not even surprised that you did it back when you were still an undergraduate," [name] said with a straight face.

The brown-haired woman chuckled and slid the book on the wooden table closer to [name]. "What I meant to convey is try bringing home this book and have a read. I'll give you a one day leave to do anything you like outside the headquarters."

The assistant librarian rapidly waved both of her hands. "I'd rather help with commissions at the adventurers guild than just relax. I don't need a day off as much as the other members do."

The witch sat back into a pillar and crossed her arms, saying, "Like I've said, do anything you like outside the headquarters. You've worked hard enough this month. Besides, Jean and I don't have that many duties to give you tomorrow. Run ahead now, darling," she continued, "I'll take care of the rest here in the library."

Instead of arguing back, [name] thanked Lisa and bid her goodnight. As she made her way out the door, she carried her belongings and the book that her boss had suggested. She waved at the knights stationed at the entrance and headed home.

In order to descend the lengthy stone staircase quickly, she skipped a few steps. Now that it was late in the evening, there were no other people nearby. In the distance, loud cheering and the clinking of glasses can be heard. The woman's stomach grumbled since she had skipped dinner. "Should I visit The Cat's Tail or Angel's Share?" [name] questioned whether it was appropriate for her to drink only tonight.

No, I mustn't! Tomorrow I need to unwind and not worry about a terrible hangover. I'll just eat something decent first thing in the morning.

She hurriedly searched her keys after arriving at her home and got ready to collapse on the bed. [name] was so startled by a sudden loud bark that her belongings fell off her arms. When the dog heard the metallic keys clanking loudly, it continued to bark.

[name] started looking for solutions right away to stop the dog from waking up the entire city. The barking dog fled from her area after a loud door slam was heard next to her house before she could even attempt to settle it down.

"I swear to the stars, what is that commotion?! I'm trying to develop my hydromancy!" A familiar female voice exclaimed annoyingly.

The librarian picked up everything that was lying on the ground and turned to face the source of the voice. Mona stood there scowling, trying to locate the noise that had distracted her. Their lips were agape when they locked gaze.

The first to speak was [name], who said, "Mona! I didn't know the laboratory you were going to stay in was just next door to my house."

"Neither did I know that you'd be my neighbor. Fate might've led us to be more than acquaintances after all," the astrologist spoke loud enough for [name] to hear. She carefully pulled the wooden door after banging it open since she doesn't want to pay more for the damage.

The other woman grinned. "We should have breakfast together the following morning before you complete your commissions at the guild," the librarian suggested as she put her keys in the lock and went inside. "Let's continue this tomorrow! Have a lovely night studying your hydromancy."

Mona smiled and returned her greeting. She was about to close the door when she caught herself berating herself for forgetting to thank her new neighbor once more. The astrologist yelled, "[n-name]!"

The said woman once more flung open her door so that she can see Mona. "Mona, is something wrong?"

"You have my gratitude for having me at Mondstadt today. Most of the places I went to ignored me, and this was the first I get to be accepted in. For the dinner you offered me, I'll make sure to give you something in return. That's all, Good night!" The hydro user shut her door, preventing [name] from replying.

The [hair color]-haired teen blinked in surprise as she was brushed by the wind. She entered the house in silence and walked right to her bedroom. As soon as she plopped down on the bed, she exhaled loudly. [name] smiled as she thought back on her eventful day and fell asleep.

Mona, meanwhile, managed to reduce her embarrassment by tidying up the mess that her research had left behind. When she was done rearranging, she projected what appeared to be [name]'s constellation into her scryglass since she was interested in learning more about the female.

Cygnus Astria, which is [name]'s constellation, stands for friendship and fidelity. Cygnus continued plunging into the river to look for his friend, Phaethon, after the latter was knocked from the sky by lightning and fell into it.

Mona made her scryglass vanish into the air, "What a great person! Maybe I can provide a few pieces of advice. I should, though, only bring up her constellation when she shows an interest."

The astrologer sat on her bed and peered out her window sill at the night sky. Staying at a new place for a while was too sudden for her. Being unable to foretell her own destiny, she wonders what awaits her in the near future.

note: I made Mona see the reader's constellation here in my book when she originally can't map out destinies of non-vision bearers in the game. The reader doesn't have a vision in this instance, and I'm doing it for the benefit of the plot. Thank you and see you in the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
5.2M 186K 73
Everyone has a soulmate. Y/N the daughter of Aizawa Shouta and M/N lives in fear of hers. The large red mark on her face draws the attention of every...
895K 41.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.3M 117K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...