The Queen of Spades (promise...

By Kim9105

"Everybody had different pasts, experiences, and personalities, but the anguish we all felt were the same." K... More

Very short author's note
Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout
Chapter 2-Knowledge is key
Chapter 3-Meet-up
Chapter 4-Let the games begin
Chapter 5-Ambush
Part 2- beach arc:Chapter 6-Perfect cards, perfect duo
Chapter 7-Executive meeting
Chapter 8-Trust
Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand
Chapter 10-Silent communication
Chapter 11-The militants
Chapter 12-Different perspectives
Chapter 13-A key source of information
Chapter 15-Wild animals
Chapter 16-Treatment and rest
Part 3- ten of hearts arc: Chapter 17-Take control, or be in control
Chapter 18-Operation...fail?
Chapter 19-Mystery solved
Chapter 20-Blow your mind
Chapter 21-Unraveled secrets
Chapter 22-Stage two
Part 4- face card arc:Chapter 23-Surprise entrance
Chapter 24-Physical limit
Chapter 25-Watch your footing
Chapter 26-World domination
Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted
Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly
Chapter 29-Final stage
Chapter 30-Re-united
Chapter 31-outnumbered
Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard
Chapter 33- Saviour
Extra chapter 34-a game with the King
Extra Chapter 35- teaser
Chapter 36-fight to the death
Chapter 37- Me, myself and I
Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past
Chapter 39-Betrayal
Chapter 40-high stakes
Chapter 41-kindness, or blindness?
Chapter 42-insanity
Chapter 43-save your tears
(Survivor arc) Chapter 44-familiar faces
Chapter 45-A New Job
Chapter 48-Yes
Chapter 49-significant other
(Citizen arc) Chapter 50-reborn
Chapter 51-dealers and players
Chapter 52- a new association
Chapter 53-secrets
Chapter 54-home sweet home
Chapter 55-high tensions
Chapter 56-teamwork makes the dreamwork
Extra note
Chapter 51-moving on
Chapter 52-Mansion of Monsters
Chapter 53-Worthy
Chapter 54-Bullseye
Chapter 55-A pound of flesh
Chapter 56-A cup of tea
Chapter 57-A new Beginning
Chapter 58-An encounter
Chapter 59-First move
Chapter 60-deadly secrets
Chapter 61-Uncertainty
The Queen of Hearts

Chapter 14-Perfect timing and perfect pawns

349 8 3
By Kim9105

A week had come and gone since your last game just like grains of sand falling right through your fingertips, leaving three days left on your visa and 1 day for Chishiya, meaning that he had to play a game that night.

The two of you were at your usual meet-up place, except that there was a certain feeling in your heart that told you something misfortunate was about to happen. You always trusted your gut, which was almost never wrong. 

Pulling out your small notebook in which you kept track of everything—the date, the time, the day of the week, a small summary of what happened, everything you needed to take note of, or any reminders. 

"It's Friday the 13th. How unfortunate," You remarked, jotting down in your notebook with a bright pink ballpoint pen. It was always your signature pen that you loved to write with, as every time someone, including Chishiya, received a letter and saw the iconic cursive pink handwriting, they would immediately know at first glance who it was from. 

"Especially since today's the day I'm playing a game. Wish me luck," Chishiya watched as you wrote notes in your white notebook, before closing it and hugging it towards your chest. You frowned, your muscles on your fast contracting. Your face was taut, and you knew that something was definitely amiss. 

Sensing your stiffness, Chishiya acted cool with it, but remained alert, as if expecting you to spit out some bad news to him. With two cups of coffee, the two of you made sure to keep each other awake for as long as your game lasted. 

Clinking your cups together, the both of you drank bottoms up, feeling the adrenaline course through your veins. Refreshing. 

The both of you had pulled off a few all-nighters by then, be it either due to insomnia or working for the beach behind the scenes, and you were dying just to get a wink of sleep. However, you had to put your priorities first, which was to pull up your ranking and get others, including Hatter to feed you with more information.

Tatta ran towards you two while you were talking about your strategies at the rooftop. "Holy shit! I've been looking for you two everywhere! You have been called to the executive's room! We have new members and they claim to know Kayami, so you need to be a witness! Follow me now!"

Flipping your hair back, you and Chishiya followed Tatta's lead with your coffee cups still in hand. Once you had finished drinking it, you tossed it away into the trash bin.  

Either an old gang member, or one of your friends, or maybe could it have been...

After a minute of running through the gigantic hotel, you reached the grand executive's room. Swinging open the door, you saw Arisu and the climber from the five of spades game.

"Good morning, Arisu." You greeted him by waving at him friendlily

"Kayami, Arisu here claims to know you. Have you told him anything about the beach?" Hatter interrogated you.

"To be honest, he has asked about our blue wristbands with our rankings on it. He knows that we're a community. Thus, he wanted to find out more about it by spying on you guys. Sadly, he's not very good at keeping himself hidden. He doesn't entirely trust you, so he's being wary of you. He's played in the 2 of clubs and 5 of spades with me most recently," You truthfully answered.

Arisu seemed pretty worried and confused at first, but once he had your sole presence and reassurance, he calmed down and had a firm look in his eyes. "Thank you, Kayami-san," Arisu thanked you. Nodding your head, you crossed your arms with pride. 

"But, Arisu, where's Karube and Chota?" You questioned, flipping your head around for them. Noticing the grim look on the letter's face and the other woman frowning, you gasped. "Arisu, don't tell me they—"

"Yes. They died...in a game," Arisu replied, not wanting to make eye contact with you. 

"My condolences to Karube and Chota! Karube would've loved the beach so much!" You apologized, paying your respects to them as Arisu nodded and reassured you.

Turning your gaze towards the woman, you greeted her. "Hello. As Arisu might've told you, I am Kayami Yuki. Nice to meet you. You're cute," you whispered to her, in which she smiled at. 

"Usagi Yuzaha. Nice to make your acquaintance."

Once Hatter had explained the gist of the beach, the two of them got off and changed into their swimming costumes. It was just the perfect tine for them to join the beach, and more importantly, your plan to steal the cards. Your plan was finally coming into motion with the help of Chishiya.

Seaside paradise Tokyo, was now spray-painted with the word "Beach". 

Arisu had gone out after changing into his swimming costume. "What the hell?" He thought as he saw people drinking and having fun at the beach, as if the borderlands and the deadly games did not exist at all. The climber girl, named Usagi, came out with a sports bra and shorts. She took out a peach colored jacket and covered herself, clearly uncomfortable with revealing so much skin.

"Say, Shuntaro, do you want them to join our plan? They seem perfect for it. Besides, I have gained Arisu's trust, so getting him to join our plan is no problem," You confirmed. Chishiya nodded. 

"I've gotten someone to help us. She's a pretty good fighter," Kuina walked up to you.

"Yuki-chan!" She exclaimed, hugging you. 

"Hello, Hikari-san, how nice it is for you to be part of our plan!" You patted her back.

"So, are those two the people Chishiya was talking about?" She pointed to Arisu and Usagi, the newcomers to the beach.

"Yes. Maybe we can use them to help us steal the cards."

"Oi, Yuki, come join us for a game with the militants. They said that it's a difficult one and Aguni requested for you." Niraigi wrapped his hand around your waist, staring at Chishiya, "Ugh, I really hate it when you're always with this guy. He's so annoying. Stay away from him, and this half man girl." 

You saw Kuina clench her fist tightly, ready to pound her fists into his body as his grip on you tightened. Chishiya remained nonchalant to his comments, but was clearly irritated around him. "Why don't you stay away from Yuki-chan? She's too good for a douche like you anyway," Kuina argued with him, wanting to pick a fight with him. 

Removing his grip on you, you remained quiet and listened to your higher-ups' orders. It was always like that in your old gang anyway, being sexually assaulted. You were pretty much used to it, just when they tried to go too far. 

"Hikari. Go without me. I'll meet you after this game," you said.

You mouthed a 'sorry' to Kuina before leaving to join a game with the militants.

Chishiya, on the way to his car to join another game, was trying to avoid you and Niragi to avoid stirring up any trouble whatsoever. However, you still ran off to chit-chat with Chishiya, knowing that Niragi would not dare to touch you in front of a large crowd of people which included Hatter.

Besides, you somehow had an enigmatic relationship with Aguni, even if it only included a few nods and grunts by passing by each other, or sending small gifts to each other's doorstep, such as your pair of sunglasses that you always wore under the scorching heat, or some ointments that you had made for him to use whenever he got injuries.

The two of you appreciated each other's mere presence, and you had a brother-sister bond with one another. If the both of you ever encountered a game where you were forced to fight with each other, you two promised to go all out on each other and have a true fight to the death. 

(Since Hayato Dodo was sadly not added to the Netflix adaption of Alice in Borderland, I am trying to make Kayami and Aguni foster this friendship with each other to add his essence there.)

Ever since he gave you protection from Niragi and you wrote him letters to keep him accompanied and, well, alive, you had found a compassionate side to him behind his harsh and violent appearance. Lately, he had been requesting for you to join quite a large number of his outside missions, meetings and games. 

Likewise, you were starting to have actual conversations with him, and to keep him talking, you always had good laughs with him, especially as fellow militants and executives. 

Departing from Chishiya, you watched as the flash of his blond hair covered by a white hoodie slip through the crowds like a slippery eel. 

"Shuntaro is a pretty good person after all. Aguni as well. Everyone has a good side to them. I guess...making real friends wasn't so bad after all," you thought to yourself, heading back to Aguni and his group.

(Sorry if this chapter was too short to your liking. I try to make every chapter have a different topic, and I need the plot to go straight so you have to leave for a game, so will Kuina and Arisu which will be the four of diamonds)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 1.8K 24
โ๐๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐Œ๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‹๐‹ ๐’๐“๐€๐˜ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐Œ๐„โž ใ…ค โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”€โžค in which y/n and chishiya find themselves fighting for survival in an alternate unive...
77.4K 2.2K 25
Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former player; now a resident in the Borderlands...
4.7K 182 21
"It's been days since the tag game, he played another game yesterday, a six-diamond game. He was there sitting at the top of a bridge. If this was th...
48.6K 1K 20
Chishiya considered himself cold-hearted. Selfish even before the Borderlands happened. He had never met someone as difficult as the matters of the h...