Extra Company

By Juniperlives43

*Not completed just preventing wattpad from deleting it* Gandalf searches for someone who could prove useful... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
IMPORTANT
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 37

1K 47 2
By Juniperlives43

Thorin moved swiftly across the landscape with Dwalin, Fili, and Kili behind him. He looked up towards the flags where Azog was just standing, seeing it empty. In fact the entire place was empty, something felt off. "It looks empty." Kili mumbled as he looked around with Fili at his side. "I think Azog has fled."

Thorin shook his head, "I don't think so." He took a few steps forward, his eyes scanning the ruins before turning to his nephews. "Fili take you brother. Scout the towers." He spoke gesturing to the towers laying before them. "Keep low and out of sight." He spoke firmly, "If you see something, report back. Do not engage. Do you understand?" The brothers nodded before a familiar screech echoed across the empty area as goblins climbed over the walls.

Thorin unsheathed his sword as Dwalin took out his axe, "We have company." Dwalin growled, his eyes locked on the goblins. "Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred." He got into a fighting stance as he readied his axe.

Thorin turned to the two brothers, "We'll take care of them. Go! Go!" Thorin shooed the brothers as Fili nodded, beginning to lead the way towards the towers.

"Come on!" he shouted back to Kili as they entered the ruins, splitting up in different directions as Fili spoke, "Stay here and search the lower levels." Before making his way up the towers.

Thorin and Dwalin fought off the goblins with ease, their bodies littering the icey ground as Thorin glared at the seemingly empty ruins. "Where are you orc filth?" He questioned as his eyes scanned over the ruins.

"Thorin." Bilbo called out silently as he climbed up the last few steps, Thorin and Dwalin turning around to see the small hobbit.

Thorin approached the hobbit with guilty eyes and a smile, "Bilbo-"

"You have to leave here now." Blibo interrupted before Thorin could say anything further. "Azog has an army attacking from the north. This watchtower will be surrounded." Bilbo spoke quickly, gesturing to the area around them as he spoke, his eyes wide with worry.

"With no way out." Thorin spoke as he began looking in the direction of north where he could see the large hill as if expecting an army marching over at that moment.

"We are so close." Dwalin spoke as he looked at Thorin, itching to finally get rid of Azog once and for all. "That orc scum is in there." Dwalin spat, glaring at the towers, the grip on his axe tightening. "I say we push on." Dwalin took a step forward however Thorin held out his arm stopping him.

"No. That's what he wants." Thorin stated as his eyes scanned the tower, lowering his arm before turning to Dwalin, "He wants to draw us in. This is a trap." Dwalin's eyes widened with realization as he glanced back at the towers before looking at Thorin. "Find Fili and Kili. Call them back." He ordered.

"Are you sure about this?" Dwalin questioned, Thorin hesitated for a moment before looking over at the ruins before looking back at Dwalin.

"Do it." He answered with a nod. "We'll live to fight another day." Thorin smiled at Dwalin.

Dwalin nodded, as he took a few steps to get to the ruins while Bilbo and Thorin took a few steps forward before they all stopped as the sound of drumming reached their ears. They turned around to see an orange glow through the openings in the ruins as Azog and some of his men came out of hiding at the top, Azog dragging Fili by the back of his shirt.

Bilbo looked on in horror as Thorin's eyes widened, running towards the edge. "This one dies first." Azog spoke in black tongue, holding Fili over the edge "Then the brother." Azog continued as Kili looked up from where he was standing in the doorway, seeing his brother dangling helplessly in Azog's grip. "Then you, Oakenshield." He growled as Thorin stopped at the edge with his sword at his side, Bilbo and Dwalin catching up to him as they all watched helplessly as Azog raised the arm where a blade was attached where his hand should be, pointing it at Fili's back.

"Run!" Fili screamed out as grief flashed across the watchers eyes, a silent prayer being sent to the heavens. Which has been answered.

A roar echoed across the sky as Azog looked to his right to see a white furred mountain wolf flying at him in full speed. Azog let go of Fili as he began to fall, Saharia shifted slightly so she could grab the back of his clothes with her teeth, the rest of her body colliding with the top of the structure sending large boulders in every direction.

Thorin let out a breath of relief before realizing Kili was still there unaware of the army heading towards them. "Kili!" He shouted out as Kili took a step back as a boulder fell onto the ice not too far from him before drawing his sword going to climb up the stairs to finish the orc for hurting his brother.

Saharia tossed Fili onto her back as she turned around, "Thank you Saharia." He spoke with relief, realizing how close to death he was. She glanced back to look at him for a moment, her eyes meeting his relief dancing in them along with fear. She didn't have to say a word, she was happy she made it in time, saving him was nothing, just her job protecting the company.

That's when Fili looked her over, blood and dirt stained her once glowing white pelts as bite and scratch wounds were scattered. There even looked to be burn marks, from what he guessed was from the acid the other mountain wolf was drooling. She survived the onslaught of that beast and rushed to save him. He then looked over her shoulder seeing his brother fight off the orcs before coming face to face with the tall orc from before, the one that attacked them in lake town while Saharia was healing. A growl rumbled out from her throat as she circled in the sky watching the fighting going on below. Bilbo and Dwalin were fighting with the orcs that were being led by the taller orc, Thorin now came face to face with Azog, and Kili who was fighting the tall orc Thranduil and Legolas making their way up but they won't make it in time to help the dwarves.

"Saharia!" She looked down and heard Thorin shout her name as she circled, trying to decide who she should go to first. "Kili! Save Kili! We can hold ourselves for now!" He shouted up at her, before turning to block the mace swung in his direction. She hesitated for a moment before diving towards Kili, the tall orc raising his sword to dive into his chest as he laid on the stone floor. He looked up, his eyes widening in horror, diving out of the way as Saharia swooped down picking up Kili along the way, tossing him onto her back. 

The tall orc stood up, pulling back his bow string aiming for one of the open wounds. Before he could fire, Tauriel launched at him, causing his shot to hit the stone, breaking into pieces as she flew back up into the air away from any potential arrow fire. She let out a small whine as one of her wings hit the side of the rock during her ascent. "She's growing tired." Fili stated as she took her place circling the sky, her eyes locked on Thorin noticing Dwalin was by a knocked out Bilbo, guarding him in case any more orcs came.

Thorin and Azog were now standing on the ice, glaring at one another, a smirk dancing on Azog's features as Thorin glared at him. A horn sounded over the hill, causing her attention to focus on the large orc army heading their way. "My god." Kili spoke as his eyes widened. Saharia turned sharply in the air heading towards the army, Saharia opened her mouth, a loud whirring sound could be heard before a bright beam of cyan light shot out, disintegrating the orcs at the touch dismatting part of the army. Fili and Kili cheered at the sight with bright smiles as she circled the front lines ready to keep them at bay as a large swarm of bats headed their direction, Fili and Kili swinging their swords once the bats grew too close.

Thorin glanced back, before looking at Azog with his own smirk as he adjusted the grip on his sword. Two orcs charged his way, pushing him back to the edge of the ice as he blocked their attacks, seeing Legolas fighting the tall orc. Thorin then was knocked over sliding across the ice, glancing back at Legolas for a moment before an idea came to mind. The tall orc pushed back Legolas causing him to fall on his back, however before he could deliver the final blow Thorin stabbed the orc he was fighting through the chest before keeping his sword logged into the orc as he threw him back weakening the knocked over tower causing the orc to sway, trying to regain his balance before tumbling back into the hole Thorin created.

Thorin then looked up as the other orc stalked forward, he glanced over seeing Saharia was occupied, he couldn't rely on her for help. He began to prepare for the worst till a sword, the one he found in the mountain troll cave came flying past him and into the orc's chest. The orc leaned to the side before falling down the icy cliff face, Thorin grabbing the handle, pulling it out of the orc as it fell, a smile spreading across his features. He then pushed himself up off the ice, looking across the way to make eye contact with Azog who now, instead of a mace, had a large rock strapped to a chain.

Thorin began to walk forward calmly, his mind clear. Azog however, let out a roar as he charged forward, using his strength to swing the rock around, Thorin ducking out of the way quickly, dodging the swings of the orc before blocking his blade. Azog swung the rock around some more, each time the rock hit the ice, cracks scattered along the icy surface, beginning to weaken under each impact. Thorin ducked low once more as the rock swung around, slamming into the ice once more causing it to break away from the rest, the two now standing on a wobbly circular platform with a few broken pieces of ice scattered around it.

Azog and Thorin struggled to maintain their balance as the ice wobbled from one side to another. Azog swung the rock around, causing Thorin to lean away, slipping as he fell on his back, quickly but carefully pushing himself back up on the ice. Azog yanked his stone out of the water before swinging it downward once more, Thorin trying to take a jump back to move out of the way from the stone, his foot slipping into water, causing him to go into a sitting position so he wouldn't fall backward into the water. He pulled his foot out of the water standing back up as Azog swung his stone as quickly as he could, knocking Thorin's feet out from under him, landing onto his back. Azog then quickly swung the stone downward letting out a roar, Thorin rolling out of the way as the stone slammed down where he was laying. Azog moved quickly, slamming down the rock where Thorin is laying as he rolled to doge it each time. Azog slowed for just a second, Thorin taking his chance charging forward and running his blade along his stomach before standing behind him.

Azog stood there shocked for a moment, before his mouth curled in anger and frustration as he whirled around slamming down the rock, as it became lodged in the ice, the white orc tugging on the chain trying to free it. Azog then looked behind Thorin, seeing large eagles fly up towards the hill where Saharia was fighting the army alone. Radagast being on the back of the lead eagle and Beorn being carried by another. Once they reached the army, the eagles began to snatch the bats out of the sky, the eagle carrying Beorn dropped him around the front lines, he transformed into a bear midair letting out a roar as the orcs tried to scurry away from him. Radagast nodded to Saharia with a grin on his face as Saharia smiled back letting out a small roar in joy, rumbles leaving her throat before focusing back on the army below.

Azog watched the eagles fly by with anger and frustration. Thorin took this chance as he tossed his sword onto the solid ice, grabbing the stone and shoving it into Azog's arms before he could attack. He then stepped off the ice, causing the iceberg they were standing on to lean more towards Azog's side, he abandoned the rock as he clawed to stay on the ice before going under the ice becoming still. Thorin picked back up his sword as he looked around the ice, wanting to make sure the orc was dead for good as he watched the pale orc float under the ice at his feet.

Thorin then followed the orc, determined to watch him die, watching as his eyes fell close, relief and joy washing over him as his eyes were locked on Azog. Before he could react the pale orcs eyes shot open as he shoved his blade through the ice and through Thorin's foot. Thorin screamed out in pain, wanting to yank his foot away but couldn't

Saharia's attention immediately was pulled as she turned towards the tower hearing Thorin's cry of pain. Her gaze focused watching as Azog pulled his blade out of Thorin's foot, knocking him back before standing over him, his blade plunging down, Thorin used his sword to block Azog's holding him there as he struggled to keep the blade away from his chest.

Saharia immediately reached her head around, picking up Fili and Kili from her back before placing them on a close eagle's back before diving towards Thorin and Azog. "You won't make it." A voice whispered in her ear, flashes of a flaming eye flashed across her eyes. She shook her head as she used her wings to make her go faster, using the wind as well, as she watched in slow motion as Thorin began to pull away his blad. "They will all die. You can't save them. He will be the first." The voice continued as Saharia grew close to Azog transforming back into her human form midair, kicking Azog away from Thorin as her and the pale orc flew across the icy landscape.

Saharia twisted herself midair, skidding across the ground to a stop as Azog tumbled across the ground. She reached out her hand as water shot towards it before freezing up as it touched her hand forming into a blade. She only has so long as her original form is being forced to heal quickly now she is in her other form. She must end this quickly, before the grips of exhaustion take hold of her. Thorin lifted his top half up as she placed herself between him and Azog who coughed as air shot back into his lungs from being knocked out.

He looked up making eye contact with her as she glared at him, twirling the icy blade in her hand as she stalked forward a deadly aura radiating off of her sending chills down Thorin's spine freezing him in place. She held out her free hand creating another ice sword before charging forward towards Azog who let out a roar at the two blades meeting. She ducked under, dodging his blade. She deflected his blows with ease as she forced him back glaring right into his ice blue eyes with her own cobalt blue ones. He held fear and agitation while hers held determination and rage. "I showed you mercy before. I won't do that again." She pulled away before charging forward berating him with attacks.

He swung out in defiance, cutting one of my swords in half, I lowered it using the other one to deflect it as it began to rebuild itself from the water. Once it was rebuilt I began to use it. "I refuse to let you win!" The voice screamed inside her head as her vision was blocked by the flaming eyes which seemed to stare right into my soul. It was only a second, but a second was apparently enough as once my vision cleared Azog dove his blade into her gut, causing her to let out a gasp.

"Saharia!" Thorin screamed out as he tried to stand up, but fell to his knees as his foot pulsed with pain. "No!" He screamed out in agony as she coughed, scarlet drops littering the ice below.

Azog smirked before it faded into a frown as she looked up at him with a smirk. "Gonna have to do more than that to take me down. I have been dying to do this." She stepped back, taking his blade out of her body before slicing across cutting his arm causing the blade to clang as it landed on the hard ice. He screamed out in agony before she cut off his other hand then slicing across his knees causing him to buckle down to the ground. He looked up at her as she looked down at him with a cold stare.

He then sliced her blade across his throat, blood pooling down his chest as he coughed up blood, the sound of gurgling could be heard as he tried to breath falling back onto the ice, as he choked on his own blood, his eyes rolling back before he laid limp. Saharia smiled in victory before stumbling back, her two ice swords falling from her hands and onto the ice.

She then fell backward, falling into someone's arms as Thorin caught her cushioning her fall. "Saharia!" He shouted as her vision begin to grow blurry, leaning against Thorin's warmth raising her hand as flames erupted from her palms wincing as she burned her wound to stop the bleeding she then let her hand fall limp as she did all she could, exhaustion taking hold of her as she struggled the keep her eyes open the sound of Thorin's voice becoming muffled, falling into a deep sleep.

"Thorin! Saharia!" Bilbo called out before stopping seeing Saharia limp in Thorin's arms, for the first time ever he watched as tears slipped down Thorin's cheeks, hugging her close. Bilbo ran to his side, looking her over before his eyes widened in horror seeing a stab wound in her gut, he looked across the way to see Azog's throat was cut along with him missing both his arms. 

Fili and Kili slid off the eagle and onto the ice as they ran over to their uncle before skidding to a stop seeing Saharia's state, Fili crashing to his knees as Kili stood there in shock. Dwalin joined up with them, looking down at his feet in grief, his shoulder slumping down.

The battle was won, the orcs being sent on the run back where they came from. Little do they know it was only the beginning of the war for balance in Middle Earth.

Sorry for the long wait guys. Just got back the urge to write and then had to figure out what POV to write so I focused on Thorin and Saharia ... sorry Bard and Legolas XD. I hope you all enjoyed and no .. the book is not done yet. Still got more scenes to write. 

Till next time!

Hope you all enjoyed :)   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 81 21
Nell wants to join them on the quest, but Fili and Kili are against it. After they finally give in see what happens as the three travel with friends...
154K 4.2K 89
*This is a Hobbit fanfiction* Iridian is a girl who was orphaned, living with a dwarf. One day, Thorin comes to her and her guardian, saying it's ti...
7.3K 183 23
First chapter published December 14th 2021. *I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS* (except Rebekah) *whole story edited Feb 2022* Rebekah's life had...
14.2K 253 22
requests closed! there can sometimes be preferences, random rants and memes in this book too, no smut tho most of the x readers here are fem!reader :)