Young Justice : Absolute Rest...

By Seraphina0901

In my last life, I had a dream. I had always wanted to be a doctor; the idea of helping people, healing them... More

Profile Page
First Friend
See the Light
The Healer
Brave
Welcome to the Team

Acclimating

1K 55 12
By Seraphina0901

Wow, it's been quite a while since I updated this fic. Figured it was about time, lol. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Superboy's POV

Ever since the new boy came, I've been watching him. 

He's more beautiful than anyone I've ever seen, even if that list isn't actually very long. The G-gnomes showed me many things when I was still a prisoner of Cadmus, that includes all kinds of different people. 

None of them looked anything like Apollo. 

His pale skin, platinum blonde hair, and sparkling pink eyes. Everything about him is otherworldly. 

The others have also seemed to notice this fact, if Kid Flash's drooling and Aqualads subtle awed glances are any indication. 

Strangely, it bothers me. I don't really know why. I've barely spoken to him at all.

And yet, ever since he looked at me, I've been feeling...weird. 

I can't help but wonder if he'll be safe on this team. Granted, having a healer will be extremely helpful, but Apollo is frail. I can tell just from looking at him that he's not really built to be in combat. He's thin and delicate; he'll be at risk on missions. It explains why he'll be taking a support role, and why Batman ordered us to protect him, but it's still a little alarming. 

Whatever. I shouldn't worry. I'm the clone of Superman, a weapon. I'll have no problem protecting Apollo. 

Now it's nighttime. Batman gave me a room in the Cave, since he told me I can live here. I was given a closet, a desk, and a bed, which leads me to my current problem. 

I can't sleep at all.

This bed is cushy and soft, too much so. The entire time I've been alive so far, I've lived in a pod. A pod where there's no cushions, and you sleep standing up. 

Looking around, I spot the closet, and get an idea in my mind. However, before I can get up, my door suddenly opens. 

Standing there, smiling shyly, is Apollo. 

I move to get up, but Apollo shakes his hands frantically. 

"No, you don't have to get up! I'm sorry if I woke you, I was just-um, I mean..."

He trails off and I just watch him bemusedly as he attempts to find his words again. 

"Well, I didn't really get to talk to you much today," he collects himself and smiles. "I was hoping I could wish you goodnight before I left for home. It's late though, so I guess I wasn't fully expecting you to still be up."

I just nod, and the room gets quiet again. Apollo and I are just watching each other, until the boy seems to realize something, and his features soften. 

"You couldn't sleep?"

I sigh, but respond, "no. I'm not used to sleeping like this."

Apollo just nods, surprisingly understanding. He seems to think for a moment, before smiling brightly at me. 

"Well, how about I sing you a lullaby!"

I raise an eyebrow, and Apollo blushes brightly. 

"I-I mean, only if you want. If it's weird, I don't have to. I mean, it's just that my mom sometimes sang me lullaby's when I was younger and I couldn't sleep, so I thought it might help you, too. But it's-"

"Alright." I interrupt. 

Apollo startles, but then registers what I said. The bright smile on his face makes the decision worth it, I decide. 

I've never had anyone sing me a lullaby before, but I'm willing to listen if it makes Apollo happy. Maybe it will even help. 

Apollo settles himself at the edge of my bed, after getting a nod of permission from me. He makes himself comfortable, then looks up thoughtfully for a moment, before bouncing a little on the bed in excitement. 

I smile, a little amused. His reactions are cute. 

Apollo steadies himself, takes a soft breath, and starts to sing. 

(The song above is what Apollo sings.)

His voice...it's soft and enchanting. I've never heard anything so beautiful before. 

And it is to his voice, that I drift off. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apollo's POV

Things are going great with the team! I was really nervous about meeting everyone at the start, especially cus Dick-I mean Robin didn't want me to be put in danger. 

I know he worries, but I can help! I have these powers, and if I can protect him even a little bit...especially after what happened a few days ago...

I don't want to just sit and watch as people get hurt. 

It's been a couple day's since I met the team, and everyone is super nice and easy to get along with! Kid Flash is a little weird, he's always red in the face when I see him and acts kind of goofy around me, but the others are normal! Or, not normal, but a good not normal? 

Yeah. A good not normal. 

Anyway, I'm having a good time with everyone. Superboy finally warmed up to me too! He couldn't sleep, and I sang him a lullaby that my mom sang me when I was little, and the next day, he was really nice! He even smiled at me!

He looks better smiling. He's kind of scary when he's frowning. 

And today, Ms. Martian, or M'gann, joined our team! She's Martian Manhunter's niece, and she's nice too! 

Although, she did go into our minds to talk to us, which kind of hurt, but it made Superboy really angry. He yelled at her, and then Aqualad told her she isn't allowed to do that to us. 

I don't say anything, cus she looks like she feels bad enough already, but I agree. She's on Earth now, not Mars, so she can't just do things the same way she did on Mars. 

But she obviously didn't have any ill intent, so when she offers to fly us around in her bioship, I immediately agree. 

I wanna fly in an alien ship!!

But before I can rush out to the docking bay, Robin grabs my arm to keep me in place and turns to M'gann. 

"Is it safe?" He questions, looking pointedly at me. I huff. I am not that fragile! 

I tell him just that. 

"I'll be fine! If M'gann is offering, I'm sure it's safe. C'moooonn, I wanna go for a ride in the bioshiiiippp!!! PLEAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!"

M'gann giggles as Robin sighs. 

Confirming with the Martian that the ship is indeed safe, the Boy Wonder gives in. 

"Fine." He allows, "but you're wearing a seatbelt."

"Yes, moooom." I laugh as my friend gets very red. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin's POV

"Apollo! APOLLO! APOLLO, PLEASE WAKE UP!!!"

I'm panicking, digging in my belt for all my available medical supplies while trying to assess Apollo's condition. 

I knew going out in the bioship was a bad idea. I knew Apollo joining the team would put him in danger. I knew he was too fragile for this!

We went out into the bioship, and a tornado came out of nowhere and took us out of the sky. In the crash, Apollo must have hit his head on the back of his seat, because he's bleeding from wound on the back of his head, unconscious. He's also got dark bruising from where the seat belt held him.

But that's not the main problem. 

The main problem is that he's not waking up. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heheheh. Bit of a cliff hanger here, but I felt that was a good place to stop. I know it's been quite a while since I updated this one, so I'm glad I finally got this chapter out. 

Anyway, seems like the popular love interest rn is Robin, so keep voting, but right now that's what it's looking like. 

Btw, I do not own the song I used in this chapter, nor do I own YJ or Apollo's character art. Hope everyone liked the chapter. 

See ya soon! 

                              Writer-san. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

STEPS By Elise

Non-Fiction

15.7K 889 34
This is my memoir. As such, I am letting you in on the most intimate parts of me. No glib opinion piece or a well-thought-out theory, this. It's me...
133K 3.3K 24
(I do not own Teen Titans and I do not own DC/DC Comics) All I ever wanted was to be loved. All I ever wanted was to be like them superhero's. I want...
21.8K 474 28
This is my obsessive life, and the most important thing is that I have never allowed myself to cry. Despite my best efforts to distract myself from L...
53.7K 1.9K 38
Si vis pacem, para bellum. //If you want peace, prepare for war// ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The daughter of the infamous Bruce Banner...