š“š”šž š‘šžš šš«š¢š§šœšžš¬š¬

By Lolita_reads

Daenys Targaryen is the second daughter of Viserys and Aemma Targaryen. After her mother's death, her father... More

šˆš§š­š«šØ
šˆ - š€ š©š«šØš©šØš¬ššš„
šˆšˆ - šƒš«ššš šØš§š¬š­šØš§šž
šˆšˆšˆ - šš«šØš­š”šžš«
šˆš• - š“š”šž š’š¦ššš„š„ š‚šØš®š§šœš¢š„
š•šˆ - šŒššš«š¢š­ššš„ š¢š¬š¬š®šžš¬
š•šˆšˆ - š€šžš šØš§
š•šˆšˆšˆ - š“š”šž š°ššš« šš«ššš šØš§
šˆš— - š“š”šž š„š¢š­š­š„šž šš«š¢š§šœšž
š— - š“š”šž š‹šØš«š šØšŸ š­š”šž š“š¢ššžš¬
š—šˆ - š“š”šž šŠš¢š§š  š¢š¬ ššžššš
š—šˆšˆ - š“š«šžššš¬šØš§
š—šˆšˆšˆ - š‹šØš§š  š¦ššš² š‡šž š«šžš¢š š§
š—šˆš• - šŒš®š«ššžš«šžš«
š—š• - š€ š¬šØš§ šŸšØš« šš š¬šØš§
š—š•šˆ- š“š”šž šššš§šœšž š›šžš ššš§

š• - š–šžššš¢š§š 

1.8K 59 0
By Lolita_reads

Today was her wedding. The Hightowers hadn't wasted any time in announcing and organising their union. Alicent had taken great care of all the preparations. Aemond was her favourite son after all. Everything had to be perfect. His bride, on the other hand, remained a mystery to the Queen. Despite her best efforts, the princess wouldn't let her in. She was closed off around her. And around the rest of her family for the matter. Although she had found a friend in Helena, the two girls spent only little time together. The Queen had decided today things would change. Daenys was to be her daughter and the mother of her grandchildren after all. It was about time the two got close.

In this spirit, Alicent had Daenys' wedding dress made of the finest silk in the world. It was a beautiful long sleeved white gown embroidered with golden dragons and a thin cape hanging at the back. She brought it to the princess' room herself. It should have been the late Queen Aemma's duty to care for the girl on this particular day. As her father's wife, she had taken it on her to carry out this duty. She knocked softly on the princess' door before opening it. "- Marry, thank all seven Gods you're here! Please tell me I don't look completely horrible?" The silver haired maiden sat at her table in front of her mirror frowning at her appearance. Not able to see who had entered her chambers, she assumed it had been her maid Marry. Alicent left the dress on a seater and walked to the princess smiling. "- You always look beautiful, dear". Daenys froze as she saw the Queen and the smile she wore left her lips almost immediately. "Your Grace, thank you". Alicent smiled softly at her and took the brush that laid on the table. She started brushing through her long wavy silver hair. It remained her of the time she used to do this for Rhaenyra, although she wore them straight. Her own daughter never let her approach this close. Helena seemed frighten every time she would try to touch or comfort her.

The silence felt heavy as the Queen brushed through Daenys' hair. The princess was intrigued, to say the least, of her presence here in her chambers on this particular day. She was already feeling stressed about this day as it was. All of the lords and Ladies paramount had gathered in the Red Keep to witness this royal union. It wasn't every day that a prince wedded a princess. Although, it was the custom in her family. The House of the Dragon had seen but just 2 unions within its ranks in the last two decades. The King and former Queen were cousins. Aemma's mother was the Targaryen princess Daella whilst her father was Lord paramount of the Vale. Viserys' parents were the crown prince Baelon The Brave and the princess Alyssa Targaryen, siblings to Aemma's mother. They did not live long enough to rule as Viserys succeeded directly his grandfather as King.

There had also been Rhaenyra's wedding to her uncle Daemon; a wedding held in the privacy of their family home. The enthusiasm of the Lords and Ladies of the realm regarding Daenys and Aemond's marriage was understandable and most very welcomed by the Queen and her father. It was a great opportunity for the greens to show the rest of the realm that the dear princess had taken their side. Although she would never make such declarations, she would be Aemond's wife now. As it is well known, marriage is only about a political arrangement.

" I am very sorry your mother isn't here to assist you through this day." Alicent interrupted Daenys' thoughts and not with the most pleasant subject. The reminder of her mother's absence stunk to her heart. She was so little when she had left them. All she could remember of her was her beautiful smile and how she would sing her songs in High Valaryan before bed. Upon seeing the grieved look on the girl's face, Alicent smiled gently at her reflection in the mirror. "- She would be very proud of you and the woman you've become." Somehow it felt good to hear those words. Her father and sister never talked of her mother. It pained them too grandly and so she would restrain from asking about her. Alicent's comment brought a soft ghostly smile on her lips. It was the first time she had genuinely smiled at anything the Queen had said. "What was she like? I can't remember much about her..." As Alicent had finished braiding the princess' hair, she rested her hands gently on her shoulder as she stood smiling nostalgically behind her. "- Queen Aemma was... a kind and gentle soul. She loved deeply her children. Unfortunately, the lost of many of them had left her incredibly sad." Alicent felt her eyes getting watery as she remembered Rhaenyra's mother who had brought her so much comfort as she had lost her own mother. Noticing the silent tears rolling down on the Queen's cheek, Daenys felt empathy for her. The very first time she felt any kindness towards her truthfully.

Deciding it was better to leave this sensitive matter for another day, the princess stood and walked towards the seater where her wedding dress laid. Her fingers travelled on the fabric of the gown as she noticed the dragon details embroidered. "- I had thought you would like it... Dragons. You spend more time flying in the sky than you do walking on the ground." Alicent appeared next to her smiling after she had wiped her tears. The maiden nodded as she thanked her step-mother for the dress. Alicent helped her getting dressed and it felt good to have someone taking care of her as a mother would...

----------------------------------

The bells rang and all the Lords and Ladies' hush faded away letting silence settle in the Great Hall. Aemond stood next to the High Septon as the ceremony began. He was wearing a dark green veston embroidered with golden dragons. The doors opened announcing his father and bride's entry. Although Viserys' state was worsening, attending his daughter's wedding was his dearest desire. "- King Viserys of house Targaryen, the first of his name, King of the Andals, the Roynars and the first men, Protector of the Realm and Lord of the seven Kingdoms and the princess Daenys of house Targaryen." Every head bowed as the pair walked to the altar. The King was proud as he glanced at his daughter. She had so quickly become a woman grown. He could see so much of his dearest wife in her. She was by all accounts the perfect princess. Daenys tended to the women and children of the Realm as did her ancestor Queen Rhaenys to Ageon the Conqueror. She carried out her duties as Voice of the King honourably and would report to Viserys on all matters. Perhaps the only matter in which the princess still had to fulfil her role as befitting her station was producing heirs. A matter that would soon be addressed thought the King.

Viserys laid a kiss on his daughter's head before placing her hand in Aemond's. "- Take a good care of her, son." The young prince nodded and swore his father he would. The High Septon began presiding the ceremony as the King took his place by the Queen's side. Viserys had been smiling the entirety of the event, would people after tell. He even shed a tear as his daughter became the wife of prince Aemond of House Targaryen.

Daenys had been deeply moved as she stood next to Aemond before the masses of common people gathered to celebrate their princess' wedding outside of the Red Keep. She had found joy in walking through the streets of Kingslanding to meet the people and play with the children. It had earned her their affection and the tittle of the Princess of the Realm. She didn't really care much for the tittle. Seeing her people happy was the dearest thing to her heart. Aemond took her hand in his and gently lifted it to his lips. People were cheering as the prince laid a kiss on her hand. In the past there had been many revolts against the incestious wedding of House Targaryen. No more. It seemed people had accepted the Valaryan tradition of keeping the bloodline pure. Aemond leaned close to Daenys to whisper in her ear. "- They love us. Look at them." Shootings from the crowd could be clearly heard; "Long live the dragons!".

The feast that followed the wedding ceremony was boring to Daenys. The reason has for why it was so grandiose did not escape the princess. Throughout the evening, the young maiden was presented by the Queen to each guest as prince Aemond's new wife. The Lord Hobert Hightower of Oldtown, brother to the Hand, gifted the young bride a golden bracelet with emerald gems. Not very subtly showing the rest of the realm that the young princess was one of the greens now. Daenys could not reject the gift, yet she replied so that all may hear, "- You honour me with this present... However, green is not the colour of my House, my Lord." Aemond had laughed at her comment and, taking her hand, declared "- We shall see, dear wife."

Daenys and her husband had barely talked at the feast nor did they have a chance to. Yet, now was the time for the bedding ceremony. The bride was to be undress and brought to bed by Lords whilst Ladies would do the same for her husband. They would consumate their marriage and hopefully this would result in the happy news of a pregnancy. It was common tradition across Westeros to have a bedding ceremony. Prince Aegon had gathered a group of Lords and marched up to where the princess was chatting with the Lady of Casterly Rock. The prince was heavily drunk as he stumbled reaching for his sister. "- It is time for the bedding ceremony! Come sister!" Gaining the attention of the Hall, Ladies giggled as they searched the room for the groom. He stunk of alcool, thought Daenys as her older brother reached for her arm. "- Isn't he lucky, our brother, to have you?" He laughed and then sighed a hand on her arm looking at her with a drunken smile she had seen him wear too often. "- The most beautiful maiden of the Realm... Too bad you're not mine." Appearing out of nowhere, Aemond brought a blade to Aegon's throat. "-There will be no bedding ceremony nor will you lay your hands on my wife." Alicent ran to her sons resting a hand on Aemond's arm wrapped around his brother's throat. "- Aemond! Let him go." He glanced at his wife before releasing his brother. The Queen rushed to inspect Aegon's face for injuries but he brushed her off. Aemond walked to his wife and took gently her hand in his. "- The feast is over. Shall we?" Daenys had no love for the tradition of the bedding, if anything she thanked the Gods Aemond had saved her from having drunken men undress her. She gladly walked out of the hall with her husband by her side hearing the whispers of gossip rise in the room.

The princess' relief felt short as she understood what was to happen now. They were to consummate their union. She was a maiden. Pure and innocent as would often Aegon call her. She knew nothing of what to expect and it was stressing her grandly... Aemond noticed her palm getting sweaty and stopped in the hallway releasing her hand. He turned to her and gently lifted up her chin as she was avoiding looking at him. She looked so beautiful on that day, Aemond thought. She did every day but tonight, she had dressed up for him, for their wedding and now he could call her his wife. He laid his hand on her cheek and no louder than a whisper, he reassured her "- Worry not. I will take care of you, my lovely wife."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.2K 21
Daenemera Targaryen was the daughter of King Viserys I Targaryen and Queen Alicent Hightower. She was called The Peacemaker, The Dragon Tamer, The Ki...
237K 8.9K 52
Baelon II Velaryon is the son of Rhaenyra Targaryen. Just like his mother he was a strong willed dragon rider. Built for the clouds and forged for fi...
9.5K 430 36
"I am Daenaera of House Targaryen, the blood of Old Valyria, the blood of the dragon. I was King's Viserys first born daughter, and named Heir to the...
20.3K 441 19
She is the firstborn and only daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. He is no more than the neglected second son of King Viserys I Targaryen. She...