SOBANIIRUYO

By MANJIROUS

❝ CLEANING THE HOUSE IS NOT 'MALEWIFE BEHAVIOUR', IT'S CALLED BEING A RESPONSIBLE ADULT. ❞ ━━━ al-h... More

chapter 00
chapter 01
chapter 02
chapter 03
chapter 04
chapter 05
chapter 06
chapter 07
chapter 08
chapter 09
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39

chapter 14

15.3K 772 2.2K
By MANJIROUS

sobaniiruyo, fourteen.

❛  stop looking at me ❜

"I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm—"

Y/N's stressed chanting was cut short abruptly when she stumbled into yet another figure in the hallways, causing her to brush the tip of her nose because of the painful impact.

"I'm sorry!" She breathed out in a hurry, not bothering to catch a glimpse of the person as she rushed past the sparsely busy surroundings.

Nilou wanted her in the theatre club's room at 12.30 PM sharp.

And Y/N was thirty minutes late.

Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead despite the freezing weather. The items under her grip imprinted their edges onto her palm, indicating how tightly she'd been holding them. A relieved puff of air stumbled out of her lips when she noticed the club's door which was left slightly ajar.

Before entering, she sought the wall's support to catch her breath, fixing the unkempt wisps crowning her head with her free hand.

She pushed open the door, and was greeted with a crowd of familiar faces huddled together in groups. Among them, a redhead popped up, her eyes reducing to slits upon noticing Y/N's presence.

"Finally!" Nilou exclaimed with artificial enthusiasm, "I thought you ditched me."

Y/N shot her a grin. "I love you too much to do that."

"There she goes again..." Albedo shook his head to himself, amused by her antics.

"The banner over there is all yours to paint. Get to work, Y/N!"

Two heads shot up at the mention of her name.

One was Y/N's, naturally, for she had been the one who was called. Another was a certain mop of grey, a flicker of recognition dancing across his irises.

Just for a second, their gazes locked— and something akin to cupid's arrow pierced through their chests.

Y/N could recognise that black shirt anywhere.

"I... I forgot something, Nilou. Just give me a minute."

She did not wait to hear her response, and spun on her heels to walk out as naturally as possible. The moment she escaped everyone's field of vision, her hand clamped over her mouth in disbelief, her heartbeats quickening to a pace she couldn't control.

"Goddamn." She whispered to herself, "I was not prepared..."

Her back hugged the college's white wall for a minute straight. The sudden spike in anxiety was clearly unexpected by her. She thought that it wouldn't be much of a big deal— that it'd go as smoothly as it went with Cyno.

It's just Al-haitham, she reminded herself, it's okay, just wave at him.

Untangling the bundle of her nerves, she wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans and slapped both of her cheeks lightly as a wake-up call.

As she entered again, her E/C hues wandered around to absorb the atmosphere embracing her. Nilou was instructing a bunch of students as to what props they were supposed to make, and Albedo was busy drawing a sketch of something Y/N had no idea about.

In a corner, Al-haitham's frame was outlined by the sunshine that streamed in through the windows.

He was unbelievably beautiful.

She didn't know what else to say, how else to describe him— he was simply every synonym of pretty.

To think that she'd been talking to someone like this for weeks... she almost regretted most of the things she'd said to him.

Gathering her courage, she slowly walked towards him, sitting down in the empty space that he'd left for no one in particular. Several pages lay across the floor in front of him, while the rest were in his hands as he scribbled on them.

It took him a while to notice Y/N's presence beside him, but once he did, he inhaled sharply, startled at the unannounced company.

"Hey." She beamed, "Al-haitham, right? Please say yes, 'cause it'd be very embarrassing if you turn out to be someone else."

Al-haitham tried to search for words. He failed. All he could do was stare dubiously at the girl, with thousands of butterflies unfurling in his stomach— from turmoil, definitely.

There was no doubt that it was Y/N. His suspicions from before were now completely confirmed.

He cleared his throat. "Yes. That will be me."

"So, sextie, how does it feel to finally meet your destined soulmate?"

Al-haitham broke into a splutter of coughs, a rich shade of roseate dusting the tips of his ears.

"Please don't refer to me as... that." He fiddled with the button of his shirt, his stare averted to his left. "And you're not my destined soulmate, so I wouldn't know what to feel. Hatred, perhaps?"

"You wound me... now, can I see what you've written so far?"

Without warning, she leaned over his shoulders to take a peek at the script, plaguing the boy's senses with a saccharine scent. He blinked once, then twice, recollecting himself with difficulty.

Another wave of butterflies swirled in circles within him, and he was rendered speechless, again.

"Ooh, that's some big words you've used." She grabbed the half-written sheet from his hands, "It's not one of your personal drafts that you've promised to show me, but I guess it works."

"You have yet to show me your art skills, too."

"Then it's your lucky day, pretty boy, because I have to paint this banner over here. You can see for yourself how talented I am."

Y/N sent Al-haitham a playful wink, then dragged the banner near him, her paintbrush and all other supplies placed messily on the newspaper to avoid the floor from getting dirty.

He watched her with curiosity, how in just a few swoops, she painted the words in astounding calligraphy. She slightly stuck her tongue out, focusing intently on the work at hand.

Al-haitham did not think she'd appear so... professional while working. It was rather refreshing to see.

That's probably how she looks when she draws me, he mused, a ghost of a smile tugging at his lips.

"Heh, you sure look interested. You wanna give it a try?" Y/N asked, breaking him from his trance.

He pointed at himself, perplexed. "Me?"

She nodded.

"Uh... I'm afraid it'll only deflate your confidence once you see how better I am at it than you."

"A challenge? Well, you have to do it now. You just doubted the only thing I'm good at."

He scoffed. "Hand me the brush."

"Here. Use black colour only. Don't you go ruini—"

Instead of heeding her words, he carefully began moving the brush along the borders of the design that was drawn around the banner. It was way too easy for him. He couldn't do it as fast and as efficiently as Y/N, but it wasn't, what he'd call, a hard task.

However, when he felt someone's gaze burning his skin, he grew a tad fidgety.

"Stop looking at me."

"Uh-huh. Keep doing your work."

His infuriated eyes were ready to shoot Y/N a glare, but once they met hers, a long silence stretched across his surroundings like a veil of uncertainty. She cupped her chin in the heel of her palm, raising her brows in confusion. Al-haitham swallowed back whatever snarky remark he was going to spit out with reluctance.

"Your hands are shaking."

"What?"

Y/N gestured towards his hands. "See. Are you cold?"

He realised that they were indeed trembling. What he wasn't certain about, though, was whether or not it was the chill that had caused it, or something else entirely. Regardless, he made a mental note to start wearing gloves, and, like one held a rose during the Tango, put the paintbrush in his mouth, quietly inspecting his work.

"Hey! Don't do that—"

Too late.

Al-haitham glanced at Y/N quizzically, unsure as to why she sounded so alarmed. He had done a pretty neat job, even if it wasn't the best— he'd never admit the latter aloud.

The brush's painted tip tickled his cheek, leaving behind a mark. Y/N stifled a laugh behind the back of her hand, noticing how the black on his skin appeared to be so much like a moustache.

"You're not supposed to hold brushes in your mouth like a bone, you idiot."

He still didn't understand what she meant. She sighed, pulling her phone out and opening the front camera to show him his face.

A gasp echoed in the noisy room.

"Cloth!"

"Are you stupid? Don't use a dry cloth!"

"Don't argue with me! Just— just get me a damn cloth!"

"What is your problem?"

The two bickered until Y/N restlessly got up to fetch her water bottle, pouring a few drops over her precious handkerchief and handing it to him. All the while Al-haitham tried to clean off the paint, she held the phone for him like a mirror stand, finding his frustration entertaining.

"Quit giggling to yourself. I can hear you."

"That's the intention. You're literally a grown man who doesn't know how to handle a little bit of paint."

"Shut up."

Y/N tried to suppress another chuckle, causing Al-haitham to press his lips together in a thin line.

"Put your anger issues on a leash. I'll tell Nilou if you'll be mean to me."

He groused, "You're just as unbearable as you're on text. This is not a compliment."

"I'll be taking it as one either way."

"Next time, please do not disturb me while I write."

"As if that's going to stop me." She said, fueling his exasperation further.

Y/N patted him on the back as a means of mock consolation, gathering her belongings absent-mindedly. Al-haitham was attempting to recover from his overly flustered self, the damp handkerchief in his protective grip.

Nilou, from a distance, watched everything unfold with keen interest.

[ 6:23 PM ]

Me:

Good evening.

Y/N:

texting me first today... do i take it as a sign that you find me incredibly attractive....

Me:

Not another word.

Y/N:

kiss me to silence me

i do not accept anything else

Me:

Enough.

I just wanted to let you know that I still have your handkerchief.

I'll give it back to you after washing it.

Y/N:

keep it bro

it's a sign of my indescribable affection for you

Me:

Okay....

You're way too brave on texts.

Y/N:

do you want me to be brave irl too

we can be just like this

Me:

I hope you know I hold an unimaginable amount of abhorrence towards you.

Y/N:

shitty taste

Me:

Tastes are subjective.

Y/N:

tastes are subjective. except for mine which set the standard. hope this helps

Me:

What standard?

You literally like sunflower seeds.

Y/N:

LEAVE ME AND MY SUNFLOWER SEEDS ALONE!!!!

and i also like you so you just dissed yourself babygirl

wait i should describe you poetically

Me:

Don't.

Y/N:

his eyes were spotify green

his swagless looks and cringefail personality have captivated me

Me:

Thanks for ruining my day even more.

Really needed that.

Y/N:

are you mad 🥺 should i say something like "he had a big fat juicy ass and i couldn't look anywhere else"

Me:

I'm losing my mind.

I had to squeeze my eyes shut for a moment.

Y/N:

you stretching in the morning with your big fat juicy ass on full display

Me:

I'm going to block you.

Y/N:

i wonder what your last straw will be honestly

if i was you i'd have given up at the blow job flirting attempt

Me:

Weak.

Y/N:

only for you

actually nvm

i deeply despise making assignments i'm on the verge of killing myself

Me:

It's alright. If it's something related to writing I can help.

Y/N:

suicide postponed

however it's just history. i have to use my brain and make a presentation

i need it to be absolutely perfect or i'd cease to exist

Me:

So you're a perfectionist?

Y/N:

that bit should be obvious

i'm a perfectionist that's why i pulled perfection (you)

Me:

You have never pulled anyone in your life. Stop lying.

Y/N:

i've made out with one of the most beautiful girls in my school 🤣🤣🤣

Me:

Am I supposed to congratulate you?

Y/N:

no but you should make out with one of the most beautiful girls in your college (me) so that we're even

Me:

No thank you. I have better things to do.

Y/N:

k

Me:

I would rather choke you to death.

Y/N:

😍😍😍🔥🔥🔥😍😍🔥😍🔥🔥😍😍🔥😍🔥

should i come over right now

Me:

Wrong choice of words. I apologise.

Y/N:

stop

you know you want me

Me:

I want you gone.

Y/N:

"i want you" the last word is a blur but it doesn't matter i understood your intention <3

now that we've established we're supposed to wed in the coming years

can you help me suggest a nice name for albedo's dog

his parents got a german shepherd for him and his little sister

Me:

Hitler.

Y/N:

oh

Me:

👍

Y/N:

AL-HAITHAM'S 2ND EMOJI INAUGRATION YIPPEEE🥳🥳🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉

Me:

Yay.

Leave me alone now.

Y/N:

🙁

alright

it was an honour to meet you today mr. big boobs

you look so gorgeous it hurts #flirting #romantic

i'll find you tomorrow too so be ready 😘

Me:

Goodbye. I hope I do not have to endure you again.

(delivered 7:56 PM)

You look pretty too.

(delivered 8:05 PM)

[ 8:07 PM ]

Me:

Goodbye. I hope I do not have to endure you again.

(delivered 7:56 PM)

[You deleted a message.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 205 14
A unexpected friend of Kaveh's shows up to Alhaitham's house. Helping the sage solve a mysterious robbery but also have him fall down a hole of who M...
453K 18.4K 52
➞IN WHICH [Y/N] receives a text from an unknown number about an assignment due - though she clearly has none due any time soon. 【alhaitham x fem!read...
30.6K 2K 30
𝐹𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑎, 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑦𝑎𝑘𝑠ℎ𝑎'𝑠 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑚𝑎...
122K 4.6K 28
❝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 사랑 촌스런 그 감정 근데 내 가슴이 뛰어 왜 나 이래 나 ? ❞ ⎯ alhaitham x f!reader ⎯ college au , chat fic / text fic , en...