The Business Contract

By quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssssโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ

Chapter 26

1.5K 91 10
By quengdem

Trina's POV

Tektech corporation is a new black owned business that finally got the funding to get on their feet.

It makes me happy to see black owned business making way in this corrupt industry. But it was just too bad that I can't fucking focus!

Ross has been ignoring my presence all night! I want nothing more then to just tell him I'm sorry and to explain the previous night's event.

Who am I kidding he doesn't want to hear that shit.

I hadn't realized I was still staring at him until the conversation was on me, eyes were on me, specifically his!

"Trina!?" He says in question form.
Did they ask me something because honestly I just fucking can't.

"Excuse me." I say as I place my champagne down on  the waiters tray and walk away to the bathrooms.

I go in the bathroom and I pull out my phone searching for a nearby Uber to rescue me from this night. As I am searching I get a text message.

Text message:

Ross: Running from your issues won't solve the problem.

Me: What are you talking about who said I was running from anything!?

Ross: Sure... whatever makes you feel better. Come back out because they really want to talk to you.

Me: You know what, yeah I'm leaving...

I send the message as I walk out of the bathroom, and make my way towards the entrance.

I'm such a fucking coward.

As I am weaving through the crowd I suddenly feel a grasp around my wrist and my heart suddenly flutters.

I turn to see Ross holding on to my wrist.
And my heart just melts as tears softly begin to slide down my cheeks. But before I can wipe my tears, he pulls me into a tight embrace.

"Let's go somewhere more private." He whispers in my ear before resting his chin on the top of my head.

I can hear his heart racing. Just like mine.

I don't quite know why I cried, it's not like I did anything wrong. But Ross is just someone I don't want to disappoint. I have a deep seated fear of him losing faith in me.

"Please don't lose faith in me, or see me any differently..." I say softly as I fight back tears.

He pulls out some tissues from his suit pocket and hands me one.
"Let's go over here Trina" he guides me with one hand on my lower back as we walk to a quiet sitting area away from the party.

He studies my face while allowing me a chance to regain my mentality and composure.

He clears his throat before speaking, "I'll never, NOT have faith in you Trina."
"I believe you're a great woman, a great person, and an amazing business companion."

"But about last night...!" I chime in watching as he looks away.

"I don't want to know nor do I care about last night..." he says coldly.

"Nothing happened!" I blurt out. " and I'm glad too because I'm just constantly wishing Freddy was yo-.." I stop myself shocked that I almost admitted that to him. But at this point what's the point in denying it!?

"Wishing he was who?" He looks at me intensely.

"You." I say bluntly.

He chuckles out of nervousness from my sudden truth.

"Me?" He raises an eyebrow at me and flashes his pretty white teeth in a grin.

The mood gets intimate as Floetry "Say Yes" comes on.

"Yes..." I lock eyes with him intensely.

He nods in acknowledgement. "The lady from the dinner a few weeks back was my sister, not my girlfriend, nor my wife."

I breathe out a soft sigh of relief as my heart gets lighter and then heavier again.

I have to end things with Freddy...

"And to address the elephant in the room, I would have loved to have taken you on a date rather then Fred." He says to me while smirking.

I smile back at him feeling the weight lift off my back.

———————————————————
"Do you feel better?" Ross asks as we go back to the crowd.

"Yes, thank you." I smile.

As we join everyone else I see Janice smiling as she winks at me.

———————————————————————————————————————

On our jet plane back we talked like normal. But when things got quiet and as I turned to look out the window at the passing clouds, I began to realize...

Did we confess to each other?? Are things going to be different now?? Does he like me back?? What am I gonna do about Fredrick!?

I mean he didn't exactly say 'Trina I like you'.
Recalling the confession
Ross: "I wish I had taken you on a date instead of Fred"

Or he said something along those lines.

"I wish I knew what he was thinking." I say lowly out loud as I look over at him as he's busy on his laptop on a conference call.

"He's a man, so it's nothing as deep as you think it is." Janice stands up from the seat in front of me and sits beside me.

"Janice!" I'm shocked at her straightforwardness.

"It's true. Men think in a straight line while women think in curves, loops, and circles." She says "and they only think up or down. If you get what I'm saying" she nudges me while pointing her index finger up then curling it down in a hook form causing me to giggle like a school girl.

This kind of interaction makes me miss my mom. She's not dead or anything I just haven't been the best daughter. Putting work and my goals before my family.

"So Ross...?" Janice asks.

"Yes, I- , it's complicated but I acknowledge my feelings." I admit.

"That's good to hear...the way I see you both work through conflicts together says a lot." She takes a sip of her drink the flight attendant brought us.
"I have so much faith in you Trina" she nods at me as she places her drink down.

Instantly I wrap my arms around her in a tight embrace. "You don't know how much those words mean to me." I say to her as she wraps her arms around mine.

—————————————————————————————————————

At some point I fell asleep because I woke up to soft nudging of Ross.

"Come on, we've landed" he says gently. Grabbing my bags and carrying them off the jet he takes them to my drivers car.

"Get some sleep, and I'll see you again Tuesday. Take Monday off." He says before looking at me deeply as I nod at him.

Closing my door and my driver takes me home.

—————————————
Upon my arrival home I walk up to my door to see its wide open and glass all over my floor.

My heart sinks to my ass as I look and see my alarm system completely busted. All of my curtains were shredded and ripped down exposing my home to the outside because most of the front walls of my house were windows because its a modern/ranch style home.

My pictures were knocked off my walls and fireplace mantle, and as I go down my hallway to my room stepping slowly as I hear the crunching sounds of the glass under my shoes.

I push open my room doors to see my dressers turned over, my vibrators thrown on my bed, my pillows cut open and the fluff everywhere. But the worse part was the red paint splattered all over my bed and red words painted on my wall above my bed reading:

WHERE DID YOU GO BITCH!? YOU CANT RUN FROM ME! AND YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME, BUT I'LL ALWAYS FIND YOU. ALWAYS!!!

...

"Hello 911." The operator answers.

"Yes I've just had a break in..." I stifle my cry.

Ok maybe now it's time to tell someone.

————————————————————————————————————————
A/N: Heyyy!!! So 2k reads Is amazing!!!! I am so appreciative! Let me know what you guys think of this chapter! As you will see I don't like time jumping too much in my stories... because it's like whaaaaaa!? Then it's like "oh ok.... I guess" anyways I growing more and more fond of Ross cause his personality is starting to change. I love Jonathan still tho 🤧🤧🥴.
Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️
-chuu💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.7K 43
[complete] Running away from her husband five years ago because he forced her to do unspeakable things with a "partner" of his. One day while she was...
4M 78.9K 45
"I'm not gonna have sex with you baby. Not yet. Just a little fun with the help of some old toys." He smirked and then it suddenly hit me. He stole t...
415K 15.6K 30
*Disclaimer* This is my first story ever. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I'll do my best! "Why me?" she asked. I looked again into her mesmeri...
958K 28.3K 39
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...