๐’ž๐ป๐’œ๐’ฉ๐’ž๐ธ๐’ฎ || Lo'ak x Rea...

By liv__ing

"๐ˆ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ." Y/N had always been a special Na'vi. Born of the Metkayina clan and t... More

underwater
powers
payakan
return
I see you
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ thank you โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
fight back
chase
war
dying
ancestors
eywa
at last
chances

"hey"

30K 567 829
By liv__ing

a/n ~ hello, welcome to CHANCES, a Lo'ak x Reader! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. This first chapter has 3000+ words, so please vote and follow for the pain I have endured xx

-liv__ing

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Lo'ak's POV

The conch shell sounded, signaling our arrival. Swirling, crystal clear blue waters and soft white sand dunes waited for us on land.

Wow. These waters are so clear.

"It feels like I'm on summer vacation," I shouted to my big brother Neteyam as we soared through the air. He scoffed loudly.

"Yeah, pretty much, only we're running from humans who want us dead."

I shrugged, grinning. "Pretty vacation-worthy, if you ask me."

Our Ikran—or mountain banshees—landed on the smooth oceanside with a thud. Their vibrant, powerful wings flared in the air as the Metkayinas crowded around us instantly. I had a lot of observations to make, starting with we're so popular already and these people are so turquoise.

"Tuk." Mom said, signaling for her to stay close. She then turned around for a second to glare at me. "Be nice."

Dad put his hands up to signal peace as we approached.

I glanced around warily at the curious yet hostile Metkayinas circling us, a few boys my age included, who observed me with interest. I felt like an animal on display, which was rather unsettling. Neteyam and I touched our foreheads, a sign of peace that means "I see you".

"What is that?" one of the smaller boys asked, laughing as he pointed to my tail. "Is that supposed to be a tail?"

Trying my best to ignore them, I surveyed my surroundings. My gaze landed on two girls on some sort of ocean Ikran. They dived into the water and emerged a second later—woah.

The first thing I noticed was how beautiful they were. The first girl was very pretty. Her icy teal eyes pierced into mine as she threw her hair over her shoulder. My eyes, however, couldn't resist being drawn to the second girl. The first girl had the same turquoise skin as all the other Metkayinas, but the second girl had darker blue stripes running down her skin that almost looked like they were painted in the sense of how unreal they were.

She looks much like us, I realized. It was as if a magnificent mixture and representation of the forest Forest People and the Reef People was emerging from the sea in front of us. She was so beautiful, I just froze.

I forgot how to speak, where I was, and why I was there.

Neteyam also spotted them and glanced at me questioningly. I tried not to get caught staring, though I saw many boys around me gawking at her, too.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't seem to steer my gaze away. She was... entrancing. It was like the whole world was drowning around me except for where I could see her. Maybe I was imagining it, but the sand parted slightly before she set foot. The swaying palm trees bent towards her as she walked. The waves washed in her direction like drawn to a magnet.

Then again, Kiri tells me I daydream too much.

"Look at his hands!" the other boy shouted gleefully, gesturing to my five fingered hands. "Oh, he also has fuzzy lines over his eyes!"

They're eyebrows, dipshit!

"Do not! Rotxo, Ao'nung!" the first girl snapped, smacking away their hands.

The second girl rolled her eyes so far back I could feel annoyance radiating off of her. "You skxawngs, I swear." she snapped, "Tìfnu, rutxe?" You morons, I swear. Shut up, will you?

Her eyes darted over to me, narrowing once she saw me staring. I quickly averted my gaze and acted like I hadn't just been caught. I could tell she was now analyzing my every move. The moment her gaze washed onto me, all my fears melted. There was something about being in her proximity that was so heavenly, I was drawn to it...

"Bro. Your jaw has dropped. Get it together!" Neteyam hissed over at me, barely suppressing a grin.

I ignored him. "Hey." I tried to say as she came close. Suddenly, my voice went, like, ten octaves lower. Shit. That sounded so lame.

The first girl smiled at me, but I was disappointed since I hadn't been talking to her. The second girl just stared straight ahead, ignoring my comment completely. I caught a glimpse of Neteyam smirking and quickly diverted my gaze. Though I saw him steal a glance at the first girl.

To add to my embarrassment, Kiri rolled her eyes and whispered,

"Bold move, Lo'ak. Don't be so dumb next time. She's clearly out of your league."

With difficulty, I tore my gaze away, feeling heat flush over my face. I felt like smacking my sister. What if the girl overheard her??

Great, now she probably thinks I'm a total idiot. Which I am, but I don't need her to know that... I was just so good at flirting, wasn't I?

Y/N's POV

Did he just say "hey"? I asked myself incredulously. Oh, great mother.

Thankfully, my parents' skimwings came into view before he could say anything else. They soared over the sands and landed in the water dramatically.

"He's... cute." Tsireya teased as they did the normal "I see you" stuff with hand motions. I scoffed.

"He said 'hey'?? Besides. He was clearly talking to you, sister."

Tsireya was my older sister by a year, and Ao'nung, the idiotic boy who had made fun of the newcomers, was our older brother. He was probably the most egotistical person you could ever meet, but even I had to admit he played the "perfect big brother and son" role well. I knew he'd react like that to the Sullys arriving. Eywa told me they'd come days ago. But whenever our parents were around, he never put a fin out of line.

Same with Tsireya. Oh, the perfect, favorite child. The pretty one. The older one. So responsible, so talented. She's suffering from Favorite Child Syndrome. I was always just an add-on.

"You should hear about the number of boys in Ao'nung's hunting group crushing on you." she whispered to me. I shook my head. It was clear she was only saying that to make me feel better.

"They just like us because we're the chief's daughters. Besides, you're much prettier. And way more ancient."

Before she could shriek at me, Mom sauntered in. She walked with such haughty authority that I knew there was going to be a show. Uh-oh, I thought, smirking. This will be interesting.

Mom was very strict. Very.

"I see you, Ronal." Jake Sully told her respectfully. The rest of his family repeated the gesture. The way she watched them, however, let me know she didn't plan on being a generous host.

"Why have you come, Jake Sully?" asked Dad.

"I seek a sanctuary for my family."

"Sanctuary?" Mom repeated, spitting out the word like a disease. She stalked among them, observing their features.

Seeing his wife's distrust, Dad said something.

"We are reef people. You are forest people. Your skills will mean nothing here."

It was funny how my Dad went along with whatever my Mom said.

"We will learn your ways. Am I right?" asked Jake, turning to his family for an answer. I could feel his worry building now.

"Their arms are thin." Mom observed loudly, holding up the little forest girl's arm.

"Mom." she whimpered, pressing close to Jake's mate. I recognized her as Neytiri. Poor kid. Mom was intimidating.

"Their tails..."

"Ow!" the teenage girl exclaimed as Mom grasped her tail. I felt like rolling my eyes. Mom was so, so extra.

"...are weak. You'll be slow in the water."

She grabbed the girl's hands. I tensed, knowing what she was about to say.

"These children... are not even true Na'vi!" she declared, holding up the five-fingered hands. Moving forward, she swung up the second son's hands, which were also five-fingered. He tried to avoid Mom's gaze as she held up his hand like some trophy.

"They have demon blood!" she shrieked. Wow. It was the boy who'd told me "hey".

I felt the smallest pity for him. Of course it didn't mean anything if he had five-fingers. But this is Mom we're talking about. Mom makes a big deal out of everything.

A rush of whispering broke out over the clan. Dad glanced at me expectantly for help, and I sighed.

Slowing my breaths, I tried to feel as calm as I could. Digging my feet into the sand, I willed the same energy to travel through the ground and into the minds of my people.

Be quiet! I ordered them. The talking died almost instantly.

Tsireya frowned and looked at me. She was one of the few who actually knew of my unnatural abilities, and highly disapproved of using them. Even more so if Dad or Mom ordered me do it.

It's fine. I tried to tell her telepathically.

No, I couldn't communicate with my mind, but I could mess with others so they felt my message. Tsireya scowled, glaring at me. That was another problem: those who knew me too well could override my meddling. Even without using abilities, I could tell she was thinking something related to Don't use your mind-magic on me, Y/N.

Oh, did I mention I have an unusual name, too?

"My husband... was Toruk Makto." Jake's mate, Neytiri, spoke up softly. She faced Mom with confidence I admired.

I caught a glimpse of Jake cringing at this nickname, and snorted with laughter. Tsireya, who had also seen the look on his face, smiled but elbowed me to keep quiet.

Please make Mom and Dad let them stay. Her look begged me.

"He led the clans to victory... against the Sky People!" Neytiri exclaimed. Her voice was dangerous; convincing. I was sure I didn't even need to help out, but decided fine. Reaching out to find my Mother's consciousness, her face instantly softened a bit as I reached her strict-switch and turned it off. Yes, that was how I got out of trouble most of the time: gaslighting my parents into thinking that they weren't mad.

I missed what they said next, but Mom and Neytiri were now hissing at each other. Even when I'd calmed her, Mom was angry. But Jake quickly apologized, and she stepped down. Dad took the wheel.

"Toruk Makto... is a great war leader. All Na'vi people know his story." he turned to address the entire village, before glancing sadly back at Jake. "But we Metkayina are not at war. We cannot let you bring your war here.

The little girl climbed into her father's arms, giving a very convincing effect.

"I've done my war." said Jake in a low voice. "Okay? I just... wanna keep my family safe."

He put his hands over the little girl in his arms. "Shh. It'll be okay."

The people were murmuring now, more convinced than before. I had to admit, I was impressed by what he had to say.

Mom turned to Dad with uncertainty. They shared "the look" and a nod, and I knew my work was done and done well.

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us." Dad announced. "Treat them... as our brothers and sisters.
But they do not know the sea. So they will be like babies, taking their first breath.
Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless."

I almost laughed at the "babies" part and nearly choked when he said this, but had to contain my amusement, being in the front row.

"Tuk, what do we say?" Jake asked the little girl. Honestly, Tuk was the reason Dad and Mom permitted them as guests. She was too cute and her sad baby act was too convincing.

"Thank you." Tuk squeaked in a cute voice. Jake and the brothers repeated this message. The teenage girl rolled her eyes. Her "thank you" was barely audible.

"My son, Ao'nung, and daughters, Tsireya and Y/N will teach you."

I straightened up quickly when I was mentioned.

Sweeping my gaze over the newcomers, I found the second son staring at me again. He looked away when he realized I'd caught him.

"Father, why—" Ao'nung started, but Dad silenced him quickly. I despised my brother sometimes.

Tsireya stepped forward. "Come! I will show you our village." she invited merrily. I followed her lead—there was no need for me to help. She always got things done anyways.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ઇଓ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"You saw the way she looked at you." I overheard the first son telling the second. Oh, right. We tested my hearing once, and as long as we were around water, I could hear across the distance of two villages. It was easy, though—their words were carried in the breeze, shifted through the sands, or told directly when I asked the trees.

"She ignored me, Neteyam." said the second son grumpily. Neteyam chuckled.

"Like I said, you can try, but you probably don't have a shot."

"I'll take my chances, big bro. Thanks for believing in me."

Skxawngs.

°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙* °̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥⋆⁺₊⋆

Great. Time to teach the newbies how to SWIM.

I heard a chorus of "Sullys stick together" from the hut. Can they hurry up with the family pep talk?

I was so bored I began to play with the sand. Twirling my fingers around softly, I waved my hand above the sand. A small green sprout continued to grow as I willed it, and after I ended my finger movement with a flourish, a dazzling blue flower burst out.

"Y/N. What are you doing?" Tirseya asked urgently. "What if someone sees you?"

"Hey, where'd that flower come from?" asked Roxto right on cue. Ao'nung glared at me, but I rolled my eyes.

"Why bother teaching these forest people anyway? They can't learn the ways of the reef people. They are forest Na'vi."

"True, true." he murmured. "Though the second brother seems to have an attraction for you."

"Ooooh, Lo'ak and Y/N!" Rotxo agreed teasingly.

Annoyed, I pointed my finger out at the boys. Just for fun, a horde of seagulls swooped down.

"Y/N!" Ao'nung screamed. Rotxo was shouting his head off too as the seagulls came closer.

Before they could attack, I lost interest thinking these people aren't worth my time and dropped my hand down. The entire swarm spiraled upwards. Poop fell from the sky like rain where Ao'nung and Rotxo stood.

"I'm telling Dad! You're not allowed to do that!" he shrieked with disgust. Rotxo was too busy diving into the water to wash to notice his words. Tsireya glared at me but was suppressing a giggle.

"Alright, we're ready!" Neteyam shouted, bursting out of the hut. Tsireya, me, Ao'nung, and Rotxo all dived into the water at the same time. Finally!

I heard Lo'ak and Neteyam (I learned their names) whooping and jumping in after us. They splashed into the water with no form. We'd have to teach them diving.

Kiri and Tuk followed. I managed a smile watching them flounder, their eyes adjusting to the water still. As all kinds of fish swam past, the look on their faces were priceless. I remember the feeling when I first explored the reef.

Here, under the water, I was even more aware of all my surroundings. The way the current flowed and how every creature and coral seemed to speak. Eywa was all around us.

The only problem was, no one else seemed to feel it.

Underwater, I could constantly feel a heartbeat—Eywa's heartbeat—pounding strong, everywhere and in everything.

Mighty.

The only word to describe it.

I felt myself smiling even more now watching Lo'ak and Neteyam explore the reefs. They seemed captivated by every creature and every sight. How have they survived this long without the ocean?  was my main concern.

As Rotxo beckoned them along, I noticed how well they were doing despite their flimsy tails. The next time I looked back, they were gone. Turning my gaze towards the surface, I spotted their legs in the water but their heads back on the surface.

Swim with us, Tsireya said when they stuck their heads back underwater. I scoffed, since there was no way they understood our signing language.

Still bobbing up and down near the surface, they waved their hands around randomly, showing they had no idea what she was trying to say. Still smiling, Tsireya said nevermind and gestured for them to follow along.

We swam little distance before watching them make frantic hand motions at each other and kick up to the surface again.

Right, I thought with amusement. They have zero training on not dying underwater from lack of oxygen. They'll learn, though. I'm sure... kind of.

What's wrong with them? asked Ao'nung.

They're bad at diving, answered Rotxo, making him laugh. I couldn't believe their dimwittedness.

It's their first time, nitwits.

She's right. We must wait. They have to learn it. Tsireya agreed. Since you couldn't roll your eyes underwater very well, Ao'nung rolled his entire head. Tsireya began swimming up gracefully, and the boys followed her.

Moving my hands slowly, I felt the rhythm of the water. The way of the water. Suddenly putting an extra burst of energy, I conducted the current to propel me upwards so I reached the surface even before Tsireya.

"Not fair, sis! You can't use your powers to swim faster than us!" Ao'nung yelled once his head broke through the surface. I glared at him, tilting my head towards Rotxo and the others. They couldn't know about my abilities, by order of my father. No one could.

"Powers—?" Lo'ak began, but Tsireya interrupted.

"Are you all alright?"

"You're too fast! Wait for us!" Tuk complained. My heart softened once hearing poor little Tuk.

"Just breath." she advised. "Breath."

"Really helpful, sister." I muttered.

"You are not good divers." Ao'nung taunted. "Maybe good at swimming through trees, but—"

"Come on, bro." snapped Neteyam as Rotxo laughed. "We do not speak this—" he moved his hands weirdly— "finger talk. We don't know what you're saying."

"We'll teach you." I grumbled. I still felt they were incompetent. Tsireya stared at me pointedly, reminding to be polite.

"Where is Kiri?" asked Rotxo suddenly, looking around. I was surprised he noticed.

"Kiri?" Tuk asked, swiveling around to check.

"She's little distance from us. Near the second pink reef. Too caught up in the beauty of the water." I replied.

"Y/N!" Tsireya warned. I'd revealed too much. They all stared at me.

"How do you know that?" Lo'ak asked curiously. He was staring at me in a way I didn't like.

"I'm not incompetent, forest boy."

"Y/N..." Tsireya repeated, glaring at me. "Be nice. It's not their fault they aren't used to the water."

"But you all didn't know where Kiri is and she does." Tuk chided in.

"I'm just observant, Tuk. Nothing more."

꧁ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ*•.¸꧁ପଓ ꧂•*'ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ꧂

a/n ~ thank you so much for reading this far! I hope this opening chapter was good enough for you and you continue reading

I will cry if you don't vote (just putting that out there) but at least comment and tell me if you enjoyed it, I need this for motivation to continue writing. ty

xo, liv__ing (follow me for a slay)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 1.2K 17
Perfectly Imperfect || Lo'ak PLLEASE I WROTE THIS LAST UEAR AND I WAS A HORNY LITTLE GIRL PLEASE DONT BASH ME เผบ Y/N, the only 'different' daughter in...
78.1K 1.3K 16
You are Jake Sully's kid. His only biological daughter. He takes care of you and of everyone else. As the day came that you needed to leave your clan...
439K 13.3K 17
(Y/N) was always a special Na'vi since she was born, and thanks to the Sully family, she grew up in a loved and cared for environment. Though, she di...
61.7K 1.6K 26
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Book 2 - Following the events of the first story, Jake and Y/n are married and mat...