Maybe We Don't Deserve Perfec...

Bởi Mama_nayk_Romanoff

No one could let Yelena even pretend that things were perfect for even a fraction of a moment, could they? Oh... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 ~ How She Had to Be
Chapter 2 ~ .....Just You Wait.....
Chapter 3 ~ It's a Long Story
Chapter 4 ~ What Can We Do Without Making Things Worse?
Chapter 5 ~ It Probably Won't Get Better
Chapter 6 ~ It Just Gets Taken Away From Us
Chapter 7 ~ Not Completely Perfect
Chapter 9 ~ Dead Give Away (And an A/N)

Chapter 8 ~ Seven Seconds Too Long

32 2 6
Bởi Mama_nayk_Romanoff

Hello. It's been a while.

I'm currently sick so I took the chance to update this book lol. I hope the chapter makes sense. Quick hasn't edited it yet, so I'm not sure.

Enjoy the chapter!

It was safe to say that none of them would get any sleep that night. So instead, as soon as they had finished the conversation, they split into groups and went out to find the Widows.

There were still two or three hours of sunlight left, and they couldn't waste any time anyway. After much longer, any leads they did find couldn't be confirmed as reliable, if they found any leads at all.

And so Yelena found herself walking through the city with Tatyana and Evelyn. It wasn't the worst of the Widows she could have gotten grouped with, so at least that was something.

Still, Yelena couldn't help but feel that Evelyn was mad at her for something. She always acted so aloof around her. She supposed that since they hadn't seen each other for a long time, and even after Yelena came back from being dusted, they had grown apart.

Maybe Yelena could take the time to rebuild their relationship?

As if anyone would want to have a relationship with you. Romantic or Platonic. I bet that's why you aren't dating anyone.

No, I just don't like anyone like that.

Or maybe you know that no one would love you back so you pretend you can't love anyone.

Whatever the case is, we both agree that I don't like anyone in that way.

No. You just pretend you don't.

Shut up. I don't need to listen to you anymore.

As if you could stop listening. You need me to give you the baseline of reality, Yelena. Like how none of this is real. You're just making it all up.

"-lena. Yelena!"

Yelena snapped her eyes up to catch Tatyana's gaze, "Sorry. What?"

"We're thinking that maybe some more of the leads might be on the roofs. Rima and her team said she'd take the streets if we head up there. Got that?" Tatyana asked, a concerned frown crossing her features.

Yelena nodded, "Let's go."

And so they went.

Evelyn led the way, walking into an alley. She used the tightness of the gap between the buildings to her advantage by bouncing between them so she could grab the edge of the roof. Instead of pulling herself up, she did a quick flip and landed on the edge, waiting for the other two to catch up to her.

"She may be small, but she ain't anything but mighty," Tatyana commented before bouncing between the walls and flipping over the edge of the roof instead of grabbing onto it.

Yelena quickly followed, running up the wall and bouncing to the other side before grabbing the roof edge and pulling herself up.

"Ready?"

Yelena and Evelyn nodded.

"...How do we know if whatever we find is evidence that ties back to the others...?" Adira asked.

Natasha was glad she finally was able to ask the question. She had watched the young widow spend the last twenty or so minutes, ever since they were assigned to this team together, in unsure silence.

Rima smiled at the young widow, "Good question! If I know Vikki and the others, they'll try their darn best to leave something behind for us to find."

"... I guess so..." Adira said, falling silent again.

Natasha hoped that the young widow would learn how to use her voice. Being quiet about all her opinions all the time must have been rough. Natasha knew how that went, it was how she had been for a long time after escaping the Red Room and joining Shield.

She hadn't stopped the Red Room. Her fists clenched, but she forced them to relax.

She had failed her final mission to convert to Shield. Her brows furrowed, she forced them to even out.

Remain impassive.

She wasn't going to fail again. Not when people like Adira's lives were on the line. There would be no more collateral damage if she got her way.

Lila sighed deeply, draping herself over the back of the couch in the apartment, "I'm so boredddddd."

Vaani glanced at her before returning to more closely inspecting the apartment for clues on the Widows' whereabouts.

"Keep complaining and I might just send you back to your mom," Clint said, peering up the chimney.

Lila gasped, "You wouldn't dare."

"I would too."

"Well, jokes on you, you can't! You wouldn't use the time and resources to send me back instead of searching for the Widows!" Lila pointed out, glaring at the upside-down vision of her dad.

"She's got you there," Wanda commented, out of sight in the kitchen.

"Dang it. Kiddo's growing too smart."

"Ha. Get wrecked."

Vaani's frown deepened, but she didn't say anything as she kneeled down to check under the tables.

"Nothing in the kitchen," Wanda told them, walking out of said room, "but you might want to check again, Vaani. I'm not a hundred percent positive on what I'm supposed to be looking for."

Vaani gave a curt nod, making her to the room.

"So I guess we just wait then?" Wanda asked, sitting on the couch next to Lila.

"Yup."

"That's so boringggggg," Lila whined.

"Something you gotta get used to, Kiddo. A lot of parts of superhero work are more boring than people think."

Lila let out an exaggerated sigh.

Yelena could think of a cooler way to die than just being sniped, but seems like life wants to spite her once again. She did promise she would die for this mission though, so maybe life is really just telling her to keep her promises.

Yeah. Just die.

"YELENA! OVER HERE!"

Yelena's head snapped to the right as she was running zig zags across the roof. There was Evelyn, crouching behind a rooftop access of the building they were running ontop; beside her was Tatyana, who was pulling her own gun out and trying to target where the sniper was.

Yelena dashed forward and slid into place beside them, bullets ricocheting across the roof behind her.

"I have a feeling we're onto something!" Tatyana said brightly, firing off a few returning shots.

Yelena nodded.

Tatyana shot again, and the returning bullets stopped.

"Go go go!" Tatyana shouted, dashing around the corner.

They followed her. All three of them dashed across the roof and jumped across a gap. Yelena dashed a bit ahead of the other two and crashed through the window the shots were coming from, raising her arms to protect her face from the shattering glass.

She was met with a room filled with three men, all armed. At least one of them was laying against the wall, nursing an injured shoulder.

Yelena dealt with him first with a swift kick to the head. She spun to deal with the other two when Tatyana crashed through a window to her right. She landed on one of the other men, knocking him to the ground. Evelyn followed close behind her.

The last man didn't take any time to dash out of the room.

"Search the room for leads!" Yelena found herself shouting, dashing after the man, "I'll deal with him!"

She didn't wait to see if they listened.

Natasha's attention was snapped away from looking for leads when she heard gunshots.

A lot of them.

Rima swore.

"Language," Natasha said, tearing off to where she thought the thundering sounds came from.

Rima ran after her, "Adira has heard worse!"

Adira nodded solemnly, "I have. Much much worse."

Yelena almost swore when Evelyn caught up to her and insisted she was coming with her. She did swear when the man they were chasing pulled out a gun and started blindly shooting behind him.

"Keep running!" Yelena said, "There isn't a high chance he'll hit us if we keep moving!"

Evelyn nodded.

They started gaining on the man.

Yelena had half the mind to pay attention to the scenery flying by them. Doors. Some open, some closed. In the ones that were open, Yelena could see brief flashes of stacks of paper and tables of what seemed like vials of chemicals.

The man took a hard right, skidding to a stop in a room filled to the brim with papers and stacks of books. He had nowhere else to go. The room was a dead end.

"Talk about a dead end," Evelyn said, wielding a knife that must have been hidden somewhere on her body.

Yelena narrowed her eyes at the man, watching as he slowly turned around with his hands raised above his head. The gun was pointed to the ceiling, no longer an immediate threat.

He was smiling.

It took five seconds too long for Yelena to realize what was happening.

It took two seconds too long after that for her to tackle Evelyn back around the corner they had just run around.

Seven seconds too late for her to save Evelyn.

The world burst into flames.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.5K 89 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
53.4K 991 33
Florence Pugh characters imagines/one shots I DO NOT own any of the marvel characters or any other fictional characters that may or may not be in the...
16.1K 411 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...
46.9K 776 22
Olivia belova spent three years of her childhood living a lie with her sister Natasha Romanoff and her biological sister Yelena belova. After Olivia...