Murder Mystery - H.S

By angelhazs

He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well... More

β˜† Introduction β˜†
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19 *
20*
21
22
23*
24
25
26*
27*
28
29*
30*
31
32*
33*
34
35
36
37
38
39*
40*
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48*
49*
50*
51
52
53
54
55
56
57*
58
59*

10

3.2K 78 70
By angelhazs

Juliet.

I should not have drank as much as I did last night. I awoke with one of the worst hangovers I'd ever had, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to function for my date.

The hangover feels like a rocket under my brain, slowly inflating and increasing in pressure. I splashed cold water on my face for what felt like the millionth time this afternoon just to feel refreshed, and I immediately wished I could wash the hangover away.

I knew any smell of alcohol would make me sick, and I was hoping Kasen wouldn't offer me a glass of wine because even though I knew I should refuse, I wouldn't.

I just wrapped myself in a blanket, trying to focus my eyes on the show. Waves of nausea added to my misery. My phone began to ping with message after message from the girls, who were still updating on their night.

Last night, Andrea and Gwen both went home with someone. I went home with a brand new tattoo.

My door banged repeatedly, sending a groan out of my mouth. I shout, throwing the cover off, "I'm coming." A few seconds go by before the banging repeats.

"Are you getting murder out there? Fucking hell. " I reached for the doorknob, twisted it open, and yanked it open meeting face-to-face with the one and only Harry Styles.

Harry gave me a lopsided smile, " Princess."

"Oh, it's you." I turned around and slammed the door in his face before heading over to my seat on the couch. A few seconds pass before the door starts to jiggle and opens

" Why do I even have a door if you're just going to walk in when I don't come may," I grumbled from my spot hearing his heavy footsteps make their way toward me.

" That wasn't very nice."

" That makes me happy." I grinned.

"Does being mean to me make you happy?" I turned around and looked up at him. Harry was dressed in a black hoodie and black jeans; his hair was up in a messy clip; he looked tired; his eyes were a light shade of red; and he had bags under his eyes.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to have a kid.

"You have no idea how happy it makes me." I grin.

" What did you eat?"

"Fuck off." I swallowed and buried my head against the couch pillows, draping the blanket over my head.

"Did you eat anything?"

"Shh," I whispered, closing my eyes, and the blanket was ripped away from me in seconds. The cold air hit my skin.

"Let me see your tattoo."

"What tattoo?" I tilted my head to look at him, grabbing the blanket from Harry's hands and wrapping my body in it again.

"What do you mean, Juliet, if that thing is fucking infected." A small grin appears on my face, and when Harry notices it, his expression changes from stressed to annoyed.

"My tattoo is fine; is that why you're here?"

"Do you remember when you got your tattoo?"

I hum. "I wasn't that intoxicated." He gave me a flat look, which made me laugh.

"You couldn't even talk properly," he says, grinning. "Or breathe."

I glared at him and straightened up on the couch. "Fuck off, Harry, why are you here?"

My brown eyes shift toward Harry as he places a file on the table. I can feel his stare on me, as I didn't make an effort to find out what it was. I knew I wouldn't like whatever it was.

Files are never a good thing. Particularly when they come from Harry.

" I'm here to set some rules." Silence fell between us, and I couldn't decide whether to laugh or throw the file at Harry.

"Set some rules. I certainly wasn't expecting anything better. " I rolled my eyes.

Harry walks around the coffee table, sits on a single couch, and ignores me. He leans forward, his elbows resting on his knees.

"You must follow these rules, Juliet, or you will be punished."

"Oh, fun!"

"I'm serious."

"What are you going to do? Fucking chain me up in a basement and torture me?" I spoke standing up.

I gasp as he remains silent. "That's what you're going to do. You're disgusting." I laugh and run my hand through my hair.

"I'm just laying down some ground rules."

"Why do you care?"

"Do you have any idea what you did last night?" Harry yells.

"I went out with friends," I said, returning to the couch. "Harry, what did I do?"

"You disobeyed my orders."

"Well, that's nothing new, so what's the big deal now?"

"You were drunk, Juliet. You could've been killed, or kidnapped, someone could've done bad things to you."

"However, they did not. I called you when I knew I was too drunk to drive or call an Uber on my own, and all you did was yell at me. How am I supposed to approach you for help if all you fucking do is yell and yell?"

"You're exaggerating."

"But I'm not." I laughed tilting my head. When I called you last night to tell you I didn't have a ride home, all you did was make me feel bad; that's all you know how to do."

"Shut up and listen."

"See!" I extend my hand. "Precisely the point I'm making. Are you so unhappy in life that you have to make everyone else around you also feel miserable?

He doesn't say anything, clenching his jaw. "I'm sick and tired of how terrible you make me feel. Why are you acting this way? I'm really confused; what's the point? Do you genuinely despise me only because I didn't have sex with you? " I groan.

"Men. Fucking men. I swear to god—was your ego hurt so badly that you want to make me so miserable now?"

"Listen carefully, Juliet; I'm not a big fan of repeating myself."

I watch as he stands up once more, takes the files, and roughly throws them on my lap. "The first rule is that you must tell me before leaving your home or anywhere else." I stare at him, a laugh escaping my lips.

" Hilarious."

"Rule number two: you're going to learn self-defense. You are useless."

"I know how to protect myself, therefore I'm not useless."

Harry only looks at me, "You're useless." He reiterates

"You are fucking useless, dude," I repeat, staring at him in the eyes. "I feel awful for your future wife."

"Rule number three is to switch hospitals."

I shook my head, "No way. I enjoy my work and my coworkers."

Harry shrugs, "I don't care. I don't give a fuck how many friends, lovers, or children you like; you're quitting the fucking hospital. It's not up to you to decide.

"But it is? Are you the one working? " I rolled my eyes.

" No, but—"

"You don't have the decision to make. Precisely because you're not the one getting up at six every morning to work."

"I would stop talking if I were you. You don't know anything," Harry says after a lengthy breath.

"I won't be switching jobs,"

"I will make sure you get fired then."

"You are a real jerk; you know that."

"Nothing new, Rule 4: You will work for me anytime I need your help."

I smiled broadly, "I thought I was too weak, no wait, useless was the word." I inhaled deeply and got to my feet. "I'm useless, Harry! " My arms grew wider.

"You're useless right now, but after some training, you'll be fantastic; you'll be my little doctor, and whenever I have a deal, I'll need you."

"You need me," Harry, believes he is some sort of master or something and can simply create rules.
God, this man aggravates me in ways I never imagined possible. I feel my body explode with rage as I see him. I wish I could sometimes make Harry feel the same way he makes me feel.

Harry makes me feel so shitty about everything.
Like I have no value. Useless. He makes me feel less powerful than I am. It doesn't matter what I say or do,

"I'm not into this cartel shit." I shrug.

"Really? I had no idea. Fuck, I truly believed you to be some sort of highly respected criminal.

"I find it surprising that you are respected." I ran my tongue over my teeth. "There is little to respect."

"However, you, Juliet, You would respect me. It's a demand, not a request." He laughs

"When you respect me, I'll respect you."

"I thought we'd been over this; you will do it whether you like it or not."

Fucking hell

" Fine. Fuck—fine, now can you leave? I'm going out."

He arched his brow. "And where are you going? Did you ask my permission to do so?"

"Oh, right. Sorry, daddy, can I please go out?" I scoff and turn around, uninterested in his reaction. I hear footsteps behind me, and as I tried to walk slowly and confidently toward my room, my heart rate increased and the hallway became crowded.

My hands were on the doorknob when Harry's hands fell on top of mine, preventing me from opening them. Panic shot through my body as his chest pressed against my back. I sucked in a breath and looked sideways, his nose nudging my head to look forward at the brown door.

"Where are you going, Juliet?" He whispered into my ears. " Huh?"

" Harry," I sucked in a breath squeezing my hands against the doorknob.

"Yes?" he whispered again, "Mhm? I am awaiting"

"Get away from me." I gulped and grabbed his wrist with my free hand.

"Answer my question, princess," he tutted.

"Get off of me," I say. When he takes a step back, the fragrance of tobacco and coconut has vanished. I felt liberated as I pushed the door open while closing my eyes.

"The conversation isn't over." Harry enters my room and says

"Yes, it is," I rolled my eyes and walked into my closet, pulling out a red dress.

"I'll give you five minutes, so you can tell me where you're going or consequences will happen."

"God, I can't stand you. I'm not sure," I extend out my hands, glaring at him. Kasen said he would pick me up at eight, but he didn't say where we were going. Since I'm not your daughter I'm not going to ask your permission."

Harry lowered himself, his hand gripping my jaw harshly. Pain shot through my body, Harry's hands never letting go. "Keep my daughter's name out of your fucking mouth, because that's one thing I don't mess with. I'll kill you."

"How about a little rule for you?" I tear his hands away. "Don't you fucking touch me. Don't put your hands on me ever; can you just respect that one thing I ask for?"

"Can you respect the rules I am saying? I'm simply doing my job. And don't run away, telling Daddy or Zayn how bad your life is, Juliet, because I promise you one thing. Nobody is going to believe you."

"Tell me where you're going." I stood up and pushed past Harry.

"Are you stupid? I just did it. I don't know."

"What will you do if he is your mother's murderer?"

"He isn't. He's nice,"

"I mean, everyone can be nice at first." I took another step closer, crossing my arms over my chest. "I can be nice."

"I want to see that," I said, guffawing.

"I don't mean to be mean to you; you just know how to challenge me." He comes to a halt and leans against the bed, his arms crossed across his chest. "You just use your mouth at the wrong times."

Harry takes a deep breath. "Which is unfortunate because that mouth can do so many wonderful things,"

"Of course, I am a challenge." I looked away before returning my stare to Harry, trying to ignore how his last words to me caused a flush to appear on my face and my heartbeat to quicken. "You have my location." I smile and tap on his shoulder, "Now can I shower in peace, or do you also want to watch that?"

" If you're offering-"

"Not offering." I gave Harry a sweet smile, moving toward the bedroom door and holding it open, "Chop, chop, out you go. Dream about it because you'll never see it."

"Devilish woman" Harry passes by me, rolling his lips inside his mouth. "I'll be outside."

I hummed making my way to the bathroom, ignoring the way my smile broke out. Images of him flash through my mind. Harry. I often wonder what would have happened if we had slept together. But I'm still a virgin. I wouldn't know how that felt.

But my thoughts do cross from time to time, thinking about it. Thinking about having sex with Harry. Is he going to make me feel bad? Or would he be nice to me?

I pressed my thighs together and closed my eyes. I inhaled deeply and ran my hand through my hair.

No thinking of Harry when he's just outside my door.

I won't allow myself to find a person like Harry attractive. I'm not going to allow myself to want someone like Harry to be the first person to touch me.

I swallowed and opened my eyes, ignoring the sensation between my legs. I took a deep breath and grabbed the shampoo to lather in my hair. This long shower would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of the feelings I was having about Harry touching me.

Once I was done I was wearing a tight blue dress I bought with Gwen and Andrea. My hair was straight so it looked longer than it is when it is curly. My makeup was done and I certainly did have time to think.

I was more than ready to face Harry, knowing he wouldn't leave my house. I don't know how he can spend so much time with me while having a daughter.

Harry is committed to this job. I should ask Zayn how much he's paying him because he swears this job is the most important thing in the world. Nobody was worried for my safety until now; nobody paid attention to what happened to me that night.

Feels weird to have attention on me after so long.

I walked into my living room and just as I suspected the one and only Harry Styles was there. His legs rested on the coffee table as he sat on the couch with his gun lying flat like a piece of furniture. He was holding a cup filled with a beverage in one hand and holding his phone in the opposite hand.

I looked at him crossing my arms across my chest. "Nowadays, technology is killing humans." I tutted, and Harry turned off his phone and threw it against the glass coffee table, making it bang loudly as he looked up through his eyelashes. "Hey—what the hell? Are you going to break it?"

Harry's eyes run down my body, teeth sinking into his lips. "I bought it."

"That doesn't mean you should break it." I rolled my eyes and dropped my hands, staring at him back, his eyes seeming not to be able to leave my body.

"Your hair," he swallowed.

"Do you like it?" I smiled back and twirled,

"It's straight."

"Really? I swear I thought my hair was curly right now." He gave me one of his infamous dull looks. "What on earth are you still doing here?"

Harry stares at me and stands. I stand still, blowing out a breath. Harry takes slow, steady walks toward me, never breaking eye contact.

He lowers his head, staring at my mouth for a moment before returning to my brown eyes. My emotions whirled around his scent. He delicately touches my hair and quickly drops it, "I prefer you with curly hair."

I frown. " Does it look bad?"

"Never said it looked bad," Harry laughs, leaning forward, his mouth hovering above my ears. "I said I prefer you with curly hair for many, many reasons."

I took a breath, closing my eyes. "And what are those reasons?"

He stays silent, leaning back into his spot and staring down at me. "Those reasons can be anything you desire."

I squint at Harry. "You truly do surprise me every single day." Before I could finish, a knock on the door jolted me out of the reverie Harry almost got me into.

"I think your date has arrived." He tilts his head and rubs his tongue over his lips. "Go be a princess."

"Why do you even call me that?" I gave Harry a frustrated stare while pointing in his direction. "You stay hidden here." He smiles at me in amusement.

" Why?" He smiles.

"Just do. Please—I don't want Kasen to think there's anything between us." I shook my head.

He grinned, sliding his tongue over his lips. "If he can't allow you to have friends, that's a major problem."

"We're not friends." I grin walking away, my heel clicking against the tiles as I headed for the door.

I had a mixture of emotions. I was anxious, but I was also very excited. I smiled as I opened the door and turned to meet Kasen. He was dressed in a black suit, holding flowers in his hands. I smiled gently as he passed them to me.

"Uh—I got you some flowers." His eyes roll down my body and he grins. "You look beautiful."

I blush. "Thank you," glancing down at the beautiful roses. "Let me just put this in my vase quickly." He nodded, and I walked back inside, towards my kitchen.

I frown at Harry as he approaches me. "You're going to behave, right?" He inquires as he circles my body and stands behind me.

He traps me against the counter, and I giggle, "Nah, I was thinking about telling everyone that the guy who protects me is part of a cartel."

I took a deep breath and shut my eyes. "I'll be watching."

I muttered back, Harry'ss scent enveloping me and lulling me into a haze, "Of course, you will."

Like earlier today, there was no room between us, with his chest caressing my back. With each movement, the rings on his hands clenched with the marble kitchen counter.

He pinched my dress and tutted his hands falling to my waist. I took a deep breath. "You'll behave, or consequences will happen."

" Okay." I wriggle and scramble to turn around so that I am fully facing Harry. His hand's chatter as they return to the counter. I didn't realize how close I was until I smelled his breath, which had a trace of rum and was minty from the gum he was chewing.

My hands are on his chest pushing Harry away. "Personal space asshole."

I took a moment to gather myself after hearing him laugh. Control how my face heated up and how every little hair on my body stood. "Goodbye, princess."

I ignore him and open my doors again. "Sorry for the wait." I clear my throat, and he just smiles.

"No worries, are you ready?" Kasen smiles.

I look up at Kasen, gazing into his brown eyes, "I am."

"Let's hope this date doesn't go the same way as the last one." I giggled as he laughed at me.

I utter the words, "I truly hope it doesn't." The drive towards the restaurant was short, filled with small talk and comforting silence.

My thoughts started to wander as we got to the restaurant. The hostesses, benches near the side, and chandeliers that dimmed the lights greeted me as I walked toward my seat. My gaze passed by the bar, empty glasses, and paintings.

People murmur and talk; some even laugh; children with their families; and people are on dates. The young host chose a table in the corner near the windows, giving us a view of nothing but trees. It was barely visible at night, with nothing much to see, which didn't bother me because I was content with just Kasen.

I looked behind Kasen at the family; the children cried with anticipation, and the mother appeared desperate, apologizing to those around her as she attempted to bottle-feed her child.

" Would you like to sit somewhere else? We don't need to be reminded of kids all the time."

I laughed, biting my lower lip. " I don't mind the kids— poor mothers on the other hand." I scanned the menu, and the smell of whatever the couple was eating caused me to melt into it.

"I hope you like Italian,"

"My favorite," I said with a smile.

"May I offer you a glass of wine? Do you like red wine?" I can almost whine, as Kasen flipped through the menu, he raised an eyebrow. "Or anything you want,"

"Red wine is perfect."

"When did you move?" My brow furrowed at his questions, not knowing how he knew that until it occurred to me that he was in the cop car on the day of the accident.

"About a week ago," I muttered.

"Shit," he exclaimed as he exhaled. "It's a beautiful apartment,"

"Thank you," I say with a smile. "You are always welcome in my home."

The waiter appeared, a woman. Her brown hair was in two braids, and she smiled sweetly at me, voicing a request for our drink order.

I stared at Kasen before looking down at my menu once again as the woman gave us a gentle grin. "We will take your finest red wine, please."

I grinned turning to face the server once more. "Perfect, and are you guys ready for your main course, or would you like a few minutes?"

I turned to look at Kasen, who was clearing his throat. "Are you ready to order, beautiful?" I nod

"Yeah, are you?" He nods as well, and we both look at the server.

"I'll have your Penne ala vodka," I smiled softly, and she nodded and wrote it down on the notepad.

Kasen orders his food before giving me his full attention and smiling as he does so. "Whatever happened when Cathy called you into her room?"

"Oh," I chuckled, "Catherine accused me of kissing someone outside the hospital, which was untrue." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Ah," he laughs, "You acquainted." Kasen grins. "Do you now know his name?"

"I do. I do. " I matched Kasen's grin, my gaze shifting to Harry. My thoughts returned to the moment when his chest pressed against my back and his scent trapped me in a loop that made me think of him and only him.

Smelling Harry was like a drug. A smell I'd grown accustomed to—the way his eyes would darken when he looked down at me after telling me what to do.

The way Harry's full, plump lips will twist into an evil grin, the way he looked unposed with my snarky remarks.

"How have you been getting to work lately?" he asks, leaning back in his chair and tapping his hands against the table. I looked down, then up, into his eyes.

"Uber," I swallow, "And that time Harry drove me."

"Uber?" Kasen sucked in a breath. "That's some crazy money."

I complain, "I know! It's only temporary; I am investing in a cheap car for now, and I think I might ask my brother for one of his."

A silence falls between us. "Where would you most like to travel to?" I pushed my hair behind my ear and smiled.

"I want to visit Paris one day, It is one of my dreams.

"Yeah?" Kasen asks, "Why? What makes Paris so intriguing? I've been there a couple of times. I think the media makes it seem bigger than it is.

I took a breath and made a flirtatious gesture toward him. He laughs, and so do I. "I might have to disagree with you on that. I mean, it's the city of love."

"The city of Love?" Kasen grins. "You believe in love?"

"You don't?" I chuckled. "Have you ever been in love?" I immediately realized I needed to ask, and he nodded while looking down.

"I have. Have you?"

" No." I shrug. "That doesn't mean I don't want to know how it feels."

Two cups of wine are placed beside us. "To the city of love," Kasen and I both picked up our cups.

I burst out laughing and repeat after Kasen. "To the city of love?" I gulped. Confusion in the form of a fog

"How is Paris? Aside from the fact that you think it's extreme? " I tease

"Well, Paris is lovely, don't get me wrong. Maybe it's not as big as everyone says it is, or maybe I just didn't pick the right person to go with."

"Ah!" I exclaimed, "See, you just need a lover."

"Yeah, maybe," he states, tilting his head. "Who knows, maybe I'll be able to go with someone one day."

" Hopefully." I grinned.

When my eyes met his, they sparked the brown, which looked brighter than ever before, and my heart pinged with a hint of love. Kasen's smile was wide, his eyes wrinkled, and a flush crept up his cheeks.

Kasen's smile shone brightly, filling her entire face with warmth and joy. "How about you?" I swallowed and cleared my throat. "What is a place you've always wanted to visit?"

He makes a hum. "Africa."

I raised an eyebrow, and he smiled once more. "I've heard it's difficult to leave because it's just so beautiful,"

"I think you should go."

"What if I want to stay and live there? I've got a life here."

"Then go ahead and do it. Life is short, Kasen; don't waste it on unnecessary stuff, and if Nevada isn't your cup of tea, leave now before it's too late."

" You like Nevada?"

"I do. I prefer living in Vegas, and even if I don't, it's only an hour away. Perhaps it's better for me. " I shrug.

"How so?" He averts his eyes for a moment.

"No drinking whenever I'm not working. Only occasionally," I bite my lower lip.

"Oh," Kasen laughs. "I see, so you like to party?"

"On occasion. There's this underground club—I think we should go one day because it was a lot of fun and—"

My phone rang, and I frowned, looking down at the messages. "Excuse me, can I just...?"

"Go right ahead. No worries, beautiful,"

The only reason I was responding was that it could be Harry or my job.

My boss would occasionally call or text me to ask me to come in because they needed me. Or if it's Harry.

Harry knew I was leaving, but he had no idea where. I didn't want to start another fight. I was exhausted and didn't want to argue with him any longer.

I was sick of him making me feel bad all the time. I was sick of the constant back-and-forth arguing.

Unknown 9:29 PM
Your mom wants to see you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.7K 126
Mature/18+ Trigger Warnings included All her life, Ivy Malone has known what her family was. She grew up in the deep, unforgiving world of the mob. I...
96K 4.4K 45
Louis Tomlinson. A normal name of a normal guy. You'd think that, but it's far from the truth. Louis is the leader of the most wanted Gang in the Uni...
21.1K 377 69
ECSASY: An overwhelming fear of joy or happiness - "Tell me you hate me", he says. "I hate you", I say it, over and over and over again. "I hate you...
586K 15.6K 54
* THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE & EXPLICIT CONTENT* Please refer to the list of possible triggers and kinks. Harry Styles. Twenty-Five. Green eyes. On...