|| Change Of Heart || AU ||

By MintsThoughts3

"So, we live with you now? Great..." Brick rolled his eyes, before looking up to glare at Frost once more. ... More

- • Prologue • -
- • Chapter 1: Foster Homes • -
- • Chapter 2: Reunited • -
- • Chapter 3: Bonding • -
- • Story Short (Halloween Edition!): Trick-Or-Treat! • -
- • Chapter 4: Kindergarten • -
¡Update + Active Socials!

Story Short (Christmas Edition!): Christmas As A Family

188 8 2
By MintsThoughts3

Story Short (Christmas Edition!): Christmas As A Family!

December 1st, 9:00 AM.

"Goodmorning, Boys!" Frost said, as the boys walked downstairs and into the kitchen after brushing their teeth, although not being bothered enough to change out of their pajamas.

"Morning." They replied, yawning.

"It's December now, do you know what that means?" Frost asked happily, taking a sip of his tea. The boys looked at him, partially confused.

"It's officially Christmas season! Which means it's time for decorations, putting up the Christmas tree, playing in the snow, all that fun stuff!" Frost said happily.

"I forget we're allowed to celebrate holidays now!" Boomer said happily.

"I still can't believe that he didn't let you celebrate holidays!" Frost replied, still in a slight disbelief that HIM went as far as to not even allow them to celebrate holidays, since HIM saw it as a distraction.

"At least we get to celebrate it now!.. What's Christmas again?" Boomer asked innocently.

"Oh my gosh-" Brick, Butch and Frost said in synchronisation.

"Whatever, What's with the little elf lookin' guy in the lounge room?" Brick asked, yawning.

"Oh, You mean the elf on the shelf?" Frost said, taking another sip of his tea.

"Uh, I guess. What's it doing on the shelf anyway?" Brick asked again, looking at Frost.

"Well, like I said, that's the elf on the shelf! He's basically one of Santa's scout elves, they watch the kids and report back to Santa every night to see who's on the Naughty or Nice list! And, something important I should say is that you cannot touch the elf on the shelf!"

"Ooh! But why can't we touch the elf on the shelf?" Boomer asked curiously.

"Because then he'll lose his magic, then he won't be able to report back to Santa and then you won't get anything!" Frost explained, looking at the boys who seemed interested.

"Naughty and nice list?" Butch asked.

"It's Santa's list to see which kids get presents, and which get coal! The kids on the Nice list get presents, and the kids on the naughty list get the coal!" Frost explained once again.

"Oh, I didn't know Santa gave out presents- I thought he was a coal stocker." Butch answered. Frost held back his laughter.

———————————

Recording

"What are you guys doing?" Frost asked, trying to keep his laughter back while his kids shook the gingerbread house which had gingerbread men inside.

"Trying to see if we'd survive an earthquake or tornado!" They replied, shaking the gingerbread house Viciously, while Frost bursted out in laughter.

"How are we related to gingerbread men?" Frost asked before bursting out in laughter again.

———————————

Hanging up decorations..

The boys decorated the tree while Frost hung up garlands.. Although, the moment Frost took his eyes off of them for longer than 3 seconds..

"I- How did this even happen?" Frost asked, looking at the boys wrapped up in festive Christmas lights and tinsel.

"Uh.. We wanted to become a part of the decoration?" Boomer answered awkwardly, as Butch hung from the Christmas tree while Brick attempted to untangle himself from the lights.

———————————

Playing in the snow..

"Hey Frost, heads up!" Butch shouted, throwing a snowball which missed Frost by a centimetre.

"Oh, so this is how we're gonna play, eh?" Frost replied, making his own snowball and throwing it right into Butch's face. Butch swiped the snow off his face as the snowball fight began, snowballs rapidly being thrown at each other, hitting each other or missing.

They often enjoyed snowball fights, as it was just another socially acceptable way to fight. But sometimes, they'd make snowmen together instead. Rolling up large snowballs and stacking them on top of each other, gathering stones and sticks for a face and arms, sticking a carrot in the middle of his face for a nose while wrapping a scarf around him and placing a tophat on his head for warmth.

———————————

Making sugar cookies..

Frost rolled out the dough while the boys used cookie cutters to make christmas/winter themed shapes, like a Santa head, a reindeer, a snowflake, a wreath, a Christmas tree, a snowman, an ornament, all those fun winter things. Frost lined up the shaped cookies in a pan and put them in the oven, while he headed over to the counter in order to prepare the icing and sprinkles while they baked. Once Frost created the base of the icing, he separated it into 7 small bowls, and brought some food colouring out. The boys watched with excitement.

"Would you boys like to colour-"

"YES!" The boys said excitedly, cutting Frost off. Frost laughed playfully at their enthusiasm, passing them the food colouring.

"Just follow the guide on the back of the box!" Frost explained, as the boys nodded and turned to the icing in order to colour it. Frost smiled, and turned back to where they had prepared the biscuits in order to clean up.

———————————

Writing a letter to Santa...

"Hi Boys! How are your letters for Santa coming along?" Frost asked, walking into the Ruffs' room. The boys looked up from their small tables and letters to look at Frost.

"Awesome! I've asked for so many things that I can't even keep count!" Boomer shouted excitedly.

"I finished writing mine, now I'm writing one for Mister Whiskers because he said he couldn't do his own because he doesn't have opposable thumbs! Which is strange because I don't have thumbs either, but oh well!" Butch explained while Mister Whiskers sat on the table next to the piece of paper. Frost smiled gently, before turning to Brick.

"What about you Brick?" He asked, as the boy hadn't said anything since he had begun.

"Huh? Uh, yeah sure." Brick replied, having not actually been listening to the conversation going on between the three.

"So you've finished writing your letter?" Frost asked again, just to make sure.

"No, not yet." Brick replied, only looking to Frost and the others for a second before getting back to finishing up his letter.

"Okay, I'll go and grab the envelopes. Butch, do you know what colour Mister Whiskers wants? He tends to be the picky type." Frost asked, resting a hand on the doorway before leaving.

"Yeah!" Butch replied quickly.

"What colour do you want?" Butch whispered to Mister Whiskers. Mister Whiskers whispers back, and Butch says;

"Mister Whiskers wants a Black envelope!" Frost smiles back to Butch, as he left in order to get the envelopes.

Frost quickly returned with the envelopes and passed them to the boys. Boomer had finished writing his list, and grabbed the blue envelope.

"..How do I do this?" Boomer questioned, looking up to Frost for help while holding the envelope and letter in his hands.

"First, you have to open the envelope, and then you have to fold your letter in half, then open the envelope and slide the letter in, then seal the envelope, write your name on it, and you're done!" Frost explained nicely, as Boomer followed the steps he had been told, yet got stuck on the last one.

"How do you seal an envelope?" Boomer asked, staring at the unsealed envelope.

"You lick it!" Butch said excitedly, since he had been silently following along. He licked his envelope as a reference for Boomer.

"Well, yes it is encouraged that you lick an envelope, you can also just glue it-" Frost attempted to explain, although before he could finish Boomer was already licking his envelope. It wasn't long before their red sibling joined in. Frost sighed, facepalming yet smiling.

———————————

Sending letters to Santa..

The 4 superhumans headed down the snow-covered street together, laughing and chatting as they made their way to the post box with their letters. They decided a good way to pass time would be to tell crappy puns.. Oh boy.

"Hey guys, what's red and white and falls down chimneys?" Butch asked, barely being able to hold back his laughter while telling the joke.

"What?" Boomer asked back, also trying to contain his laughter even though he didn't know the joke. Butch chokes back a laugh and answers;

"Santa Klutz!!" He shouted, laughing his head off after. Brick and Boomer began laughing loudly, kicking their feet in the air. And Frost thought he'd be the one telling crappy jokes, but he lets out a chuckle anyway. Just as they finished laughing, they had all arrived at the post box.

"You boys got your letters?" Frost asked, looking at the 3 boys. They nodded in agreement, showing their letters to Frost as proof.

"Good! Now, you just put your letters in here one at a time!" Frost explained, pointing at where the boys should put their letters. Brick flew infront of the post box and slipped his letter in, as Boomer shoved his sibling to the side so he could go next.

"Boomer, don't shove!" Frost said in a nice-stern voice. Boomer slipped his envelope in as well, before rolling eyes.

"Sorry." He apologised, despite it sounding more like a statement than an actual apology, but it's better then nothing. Butch went up to the post box last, and put his and Mister Whiskers' letters in.

"Good job boys! Now let's head back home." Frost said, as he began walking back with the 3 boys.

"Last one home's a rotten egg!" Butch exclaimed, as he dashed off quickly, his two brothers catching up to him with slight ease. Frost sighed with a smile, zipping off to catch up with them. The three were discussing who won and who lost once Frost arrived.

"I obviously won! I was the fastest AND I got a headstart before you slowpokes!" Butch argued.

"No, I won! I'm the rowdiest ruff and I'm the leader, which makes me the best, meaning I won!" Brick retaliated.

"No, no, I won! Because!-.... Because.." Boomer trailed off, not being able to find a reason as to why it would've been he who had won.

"Because I just did, okay?" Boomer finished, as his brothers just rolled their eyes in disregardance before continuing to argue with each other.

"Boys, boys, stop fighting! We can figure out who really won by the security footage!" Frost explained, pointing to the slyly-hidden security camera which was barely visible.

- In Frost's Room.. -

Frost pulled up the security footage from the outside camera, and began to review the footage as the boys watched closely. Frost slowed down the footage due to the boys' speed being so quick that it only showed dashes of light. Once the footage had been slowed down enough, they could see who landed first. To their surprise, it was none-other than Boomer who touched the ground first.

"Yes yes yes! I won! Who's the slowpokes now?" Boomer shouted excitedly, jumping around.

______________

"We should put glitter on it!" Boomer whisper-shouted excitedly, holding up a tube of blue glitter.

"No, no, we should put more snowflakes on there!" Butch whisper-shouted back in reply, holding a few cups of playdoh in his hands.

"Let's do.. Both!" Brick decided, pouring the glitter into the cups of playdoh, as the other two laughed in excitement. They heard a certain someone approaching their door, and hurriedly grabbed all of their craft supplies as well as their project, and hid it behind their backs as their foster parent, Frost, opened the door and looked at the boys.

"Hi boys! I heard an awful lot of laughter up here, and wanted to see what you three were up to!" Frost explained, staying in his place at the doorway. The three former villains sheepishly looked at each other, trying to telepathically figure out what to do.

"Oh, you know, we're just doing some good ol' arts and crafts!" Brick said, sounding suspiciously sheepish as he struggled to keep eye contact, instead settling to awkwardly look everywhere else but at Frost.

"Oh, that's cool! Can I see what you're making?" Frost asked innocently, not questioning their sheepish looks or tones of voice.

"NO!" They all shouted in reply, Frost quickly becoming taken aback with widened eyes.

"Uhh.." Brick once again looked around awkwardly in an attempt to salvage the situation. He looked to the clock behind him and took note of the time.

"Shouldn't you be making lunch right about now?" Brick asked, retaining his sheepish look.

"Ah! That's right! Thanks for reminding me, have fun with your arts n' crafts!" Frost said, remaining oblivious while shutting the door and heading downstairs. The three boys let out a relieved sigh, placing their project and materials back on their tables, getting back to work once sitting back down.

______________

Shenanigans like this go on throughout December, until..

December 24th, 10:28 PM.

"Goodnight, Boys." Frost said calmly, tucking them in, although they weren't in their bed upstairs, they were all snuggled up on the couch instead.

"Goodnight Frost!" The Ruffs replied, getting comfortable. As Frost turned off the other decorative lights inside, only leaving the Christmas tree lit up. Frost began to walk upstairs, looking at the boys one more time before leaving to his room.

"We'll definitely see Santa!" Butch said enthusiastically.

"Yeah!" Boomer exclaimed happily, not at all doubting himself.

———————————

11:03 PM, and all 3 tykes are fast asleep.

With Frost..

———————————

I sighed in relief, as I had finished placing the ribbons and twine around the presents which I had wrapped a few days earlier. I labelled them accordingly, as most were colour-coded. Except for a few which weren't, specifically the ones which were meant for all 3 of them to share, and the single 2 presents which were meant for Sylvester, or Mister Whiskers, should I say. I took a moment to admire some of the pictures we had taken earlier this month, admiring the memories we had made together. I can't believe it's already been a year since I started fostering them, it feels like it's been a lifetime.

"Ahem." I heard from my doorway, It was Mister Whiskers.

"The Boys are fast asleep, be cautious around the red one though. He appears to be sleeping lightly." Mister Whiskers said in his usual formal voice.

"Thank you." I replied, picking up the presents and beginning to bring them downstairs, making sure to make little to no noise. I successfully placed the presents under the tree, just as I heard jingle bells on the roof. I checked the time, 11:25 PM, 'Strange, He usually comes from 12-4.' I thought to myself, before heading back upstairs.

(Yes Santa actually exists in this universe, don't question me)

"Ho, Ho, Ho!" Santa Claus said, while hopping down the chimney. He ate the cookies and drank the milk, then left presents for them. He took the carrots in order to feed the reindeers, all part of his routine for every house before leaving to the next. Yes, the boys did end up sleeping through it all, although all children do. Frost fell asleep soon after, sleeping peacefully throughout the rest of the night.

The Next Morning.. December 25th, 4:46AM On Christmas Day.

The boys woke up to a room filled with presents under their christmas tree.

"Santa came! Santa came!" Boomer shouted, instantly hopping up from under the blanket, while continuing to jump up and down on the couch.

"Really?!" Butch said, almost instantly opening his eyes in excitement, to be met with dozens of presents under their christmas tree.

"Santa did come!!" Butch said, joining in with Boomer, jumping on the couch excessively. Brick grumbled, not wanting to wake up yet.

"C'mon, Brick! Stop being such a grinch!" Boomer shouted, continuing to hop up and down. Brick stared daggers into them.

"Shut up, It's too early! I wanna sleep more!" Brick groaned, turning away from his brothers while putting a pillow on top of his head in an attempt to block out their loudness.

"Ugh, why are you guys always yelling?!" Brick shouted groggily, getting up and leaving to go upstairs. Brick yawned, walking into his foster parent's room and tucking up in his bed. Since he had only been bothered to bring his cap instead of the blankets. Frost yawned.

"Is everything okay, Brick?" Frost asked softly, barely even half awake.

"Boomer and Butch are being way too loud..'n' it's too early.." Brick answered groggily.

"What's the time?" Frost asked quietly while yawning

" 's like.. 4 or sumthin.." Brick answered again quietly.

"Yeah, too early for me too." Frost answered softly. A few seconds later, Boomer and Butch burst in with their over-excitement.

"Wake up! Santa came!" Boomer said, now jumping on Frost's bed.

"Boomer, Butch, I'm sorry but it's just a bit too early to get up just yet. Settle down and tuck up, or you'll be cranky for the entire day.. Plus the sun hasn't even come up yet." Frost said groggily. Butch and Boomer looked at them, before just shrugging their shoulders and tucking up next to their brother. Brick rolled his eyes, before trying to go back to sleep along with his brothers.

___________________________

December 25th, 9:34 AM

They all woke up, at a much more reasonable time.

"CHRISTMAS!!!" Boomer yelled, instantly jumping up once again.

"C'monnn! It's Christmas time!! I wanna open presents!!" Butch shouted, tugging Frost.

"Okay, Okay. I'm up." Frost yawned, sitting up while the two tykes jumped up and down on his bed. Brick grabbed his cap and put it on as he did most mornings. The 2 boys zipped downstairs, leaving a streak of blue and green. Brick and Frost did the same, meeting them downstairs.

"Can we open the presents now? Can we? Can we?!" Boomer said, extremely excited.

"Yes, All the blue presents are yours, all the green presents are Butch's and all the red presents are Brick's." Frost explained, taking a seat on the couch.

"YAY!!" Boomer and Butch shouted, beginning to rip open their presents, admiring the new toys they were getting. Brick joined in, and started opening his presents as well.

( Several Chaotic Present openings later..)

"I almost forgot!" Brick said, after opening his last present. Brick zoomed upstairs.

'Where is it, Where is it!' He thought to himself, looking under their bed. He grabbed a small rectangular shaped present, which had been wrapped in paper and drawn on with pencils and crayons.

'There it is!' Brick said, taking it back downstairs.

"We made you a present too!" Brick explained, giving Frost the strange looking present.

"Awww, you boys didn't have too!" Frost answered, admiring the present in his hands. He took the paper surrounding it off gently, before taking note of the decorated picture frame. Frost's eyes widened, admiring the decorated Photo frame which had been painted with kid's paint and crayola markers, then tons of glitter had been poured on top of the paint, the corners of the picture frame having been covered up with colourful snowflakes made of play-doh. The boys had come closer to Frost in order to see his reaction.

"It's cool, right?!" Brick said.

"..I love it.." Frost said quietly, too shocked to speak louder.

"Huh?" The boys asked, looking at Frost.

"I love it!" Frost said loudly, bringing the boys in for a hug.

"Yay!" Boomer replied happily, as they all laughed together.

__________________________________

I'd say their first Christmas together as a family went quite well! It'd seem as if even the Ruff's got into the Christmas Spirit!

P.S, more content can be found on my DeviantArt, MintsThoughts! Check It out if you've been enjoying the story so far!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! I hope you all enjoyed this Christmas Special of Changing Hearts! I wish you all the best throughout the holiday season! Until next time, friends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5.1K 41
**Completed** The Powerpuff Girls have saved many days over the next two years. Finally, entering their first high school year with an oddly quiet su...
31K 636 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
27.9K 530 15
The Power Puff Girls and the Rowdy Ruff Boys have finally found peace within each other and surprisingly even love. With the exception of Blossom an...
8.4K 340 28
(I am you, so stop running away, so I can help you) Buttercup and butch are teens and still hate each other and hate each other siblings, - A story...