Potential | Gustavo Fring x R...

By BonkWosher

Being a single parent having just lost their job, you are frantically searching for a new one. Ending up appl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

319 9 10
By BonkWosher

KEY: Your POV, Gustavo's POV

      I practically ran to the kitchen as Y/N catered to their son. Am I really ready for something like this?  Maybe I'm moving too fast. Max would be upset that I'm moving on. No, I'm not moving on. I'm just... oh god what am I doing?  I'm letting Max down. 

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked softly from behind me.

I jumped a little before turning my head to the side, "Yes, I'm fine."

"You looked... lost in thought. Do you want to talk about anything?"

"No, thank you though, Y/N."

They nodded as I turned my head back to face the cutting board in front of me, "Well, at least let me help make dinner."

         I turned around prepared to deny their offer, though looking into their eyes made me pause. They seemed so hellbent on helping me, hopeful & cheery. I took a deep breath, just say no.

"Sounds great, you can chop the vegetables."

          What is wrong with me? I pulled some vegetables out of the fridge & began washing them (After washing his hands bc he's a neat freak lmao /t) in the sink, Y/N following me around like a lost puppy. After I finished washing everything, Y/N washed their hands thoroughly. 

"Alright," Y/N spoke as he dried his hands, "I'm ready to cut."

"Do you know how to cut vegetables?"

"Sure!"

 Oh no, "Show me."

            Y/N stepped up to the cutting board & rolled up their sleeves before grabbing the knife. He placed his palm on the other on of a carrot & pulled the knife up to the close end.

"Woah, knuckles. You put your hand in a fist when cutting so you don't accidentally cut a finger!"

"What?"

             Is he playing dumb? I walked up behind him, feeling my cheeks warm up as my stomach hit Y/N's back. I wrapped my hand around his right hand, which held the knife, & intertwined my left hand with his. I pulled my hand into a fist & he followed, his hands were a little shakey now. Maybe I just hadn't noticed that before.

"Like this."

I heard him gulp, "Got it."

"Now please, indulge me & show me how you'd cut because this is outrageous already."

             Y/N lifted a still shakey hand up & kind of... sawed at the carrot. What? How can one be so bad at cooking? I immediately tightened my grip on his right hand & lifted the knife back up. I placed the farther end on the board & began chopping at the carrot, making sure to cut semi-thin slices & pushing the carrot along with my left hand.

"There we go, think you can handle that while I prepare the rest of the food?"

"Ye-Yes, of course."

                 Gus let go of my hands & pulled away from me, turning on his heel & walking off to another part of the kitchen. I tried my best to keep up with what he had showed me but my whole body was freaking out from all that he just did. Maybe, maybe I was playing dumb. Not saying I'm a good cook to begin with but hey, I know some things. Oh my god was it worth it. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing at this rate, letting my mind wander to more things Gus could do to me. 

"FUCK!"

             My head darted to Y/N as they yelled, I swear my blood went cold & my stomach flipped. He held up his right hand & winced before his eyes went wide & he turned to me head down.

"I'm sorry, Gus," I barely heard him speak as I rushed to his aid.

"Dad, are you okay?" Tommy looked scared.

"Your father is fine, Tommy. Don't worry," I spoke as I grabbed Y/N's wrist, "I have a first aid kit in my bathroom, come with me."

            I went into autopilot, dragging Y/N to the bathroom by the wrist. Their mumbles of my name & pained groans seemed to float passed my mind. I grabbed Y/N's shoulders & made him sit on the toilet seat. I grabbed the first aid kit & rifled with everything until I found a band-aid. I   opened it & wrapped it tightly around Y/N's wound.

"Gus!" Their words finally got through to me.

I looked deep into his eyes, "What?"

"You're hurting me, you ignored me the whole time. Really, what is up with you?"

           I froze, feeling so many memories wash over me. I can't talk about it- him. It's not the right time. I looked down at Y/N, realizing I was standing between their legs, previously staring off into the distance. We were terribly close & I felt my breath hitch.

"I'm here for you."

Don't say it, "Max."

"Who is Max?" Y/N spoke, lightly grabbing my hands.

"The love of my life. He was, he is? I don't know."

"Is he no longer with us?"

I want to curl up in a ball & shrink until I don't exist any longer, "It's been 28 years."

"I'm so sorry."

"28 years I only thought of him. 28 years I swore he'd be disappointed if I so much as looked at someone else. 28 years I let a dead man... rule my life."

"I know it's confusing, you love him. It's okay to find someone else, he knows you still think of him."

I looked down at Y/N, "28 years later & I still love him, but..."

"But... what?"

Hold your fucking tongue, "Nevermind, let's make dinner."

      Good job, me. I walked briskly to the kitchen & took care of the vegetables, no way I am going to let Y/N touch a knife any time soon. After a while of preparing food, listening to classical music & the babbles of Tommy as he played with action heroes & dolls, I placed everything in a pot & turned the dial up. I let out a proud sigh & threw a towel over my shoulder. I looked over to Y/N who was sitting at the dining table reading a book. They looked lost in thought, brows furrowed. Soon enough my timer went off, high-pitched ringing filling the kitchen for a moment. I hit stop & turned to the pot, preparing dishes of food. I sat a bowl in front of Y/N then Tommy, placing the last one in my spot. As I sat down, announcing that the food was ready, I felt my nerves wash away. 28 years later I finally pieced it together. Max would want me to be happy, no matter how I did it. Y/N makes me happy, & I will strive to make them mine.

A/N: Hello, I'm alive. Woah. Sus Fring finally feels better & now it's action time. I was so close to making him say "Not up to Pollos standards" like 50 fucking times but I held back. You're welcome lmao. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
990K 61.3K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
220K 5.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
1M 39.7K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...