Forsaken Origins II: Hymn of...

By wiz_yann

The world has gone through millennia of wars. The sky has gone through years of mourn. Lives began as a newly... More

!!!!
NOTICE
Prologue
00: Without a Ruler
00: The Swan Hidden In The Frost
00: Feather
00: Divine Body
Chapter 1: Beginning of the New Tale
Chapter 3: Entrance Exams
Chapter 4: Awakened
Chapter 5: Rumors
Chapter 6: End of Queen's Reign
Chapter 7: Five
Chapter 8: Scorpion's Dagger
Chapter 9: Wings of Blue and White
Chapter 10: Her Painful Comfort
Chpater 11: Out the Cave
Chpater 12: Old Hags And Midnight Chat
Chapter 13: Visioned Fate
Chapter 14: Ghosted Ruins
Chapter 15: Madness Reveals the Monsters
Chapter 16: Emotions
Chapter 17: Fulfilling Childhood Bliss
Chapter 18: Cursed Tears
Chapter 19: Mihuabere and the Scorpion
Chapter 20: Answers
Chapter 21: Training
Chapter 22: Fruits of the Branch

Chapter 2: The Sacred Book Knows Everything

414 33 12
By wiz_yann

What have I done to cross fates with this mischief? Eunchae can only bridle her frustration from the annoyance of her companion.

It's been hours since they walked. And to tell you what, they progressed nothing. They're still in this thick forest, wandering around like lost children. Leeseo had no sense of direction, clearly, and Eunchae had it difficult to remember their path all because of her focus being slandered by Leeseo's endless blabbers.

Leeseo just can't let her off. That cloth that covers the girl's face made her even curious. "Are you really not a bandit?—"

"Silence, girl. Grant me silence," she clenches her jaw as she turns away and continue walking. If it weren't for Leeseo being such a leech, she could've already left her by now. Eyebrows creased, Eunchae looks down where Leeseo is holding onto her elbow tightly. "Can't you let me go??" She tried to shake hers off.

Leeseo only tightens her hold more. "And what? Let you run away and leave me? Yeah. Sure." Surprisingly, she suddenly lets go. Even shoved the older away. "Go. All you people leave me anyway. Just leave me alone."

Eunchae was stunned while she stares at Leeseo's back while she walk away. "What's with her now?" Somehow, guilt starts to swell over her. She bit her lip out of frustration, letting out a sigh before running after the girl. "You can come with me— just shut your mouth at least." The girl didn't stop.

Without Eunchae knowing, there was this cheeky grin on Leeseo's face, feeling victorious of how Eunchae's chasing her. That psychology book played off nice.

"Hey! Ahn Hyunseo!"

That was the only thing that stops Leeseo. Even Eunchae froze when she realize what she just did.

Leeseo turns around, a mix of shock and confusion written on her face. "How.. did you know my name?"

There was a barrier of silence between them. With Leeseo confused, while Eunchae didn't know what to alibi.

"You really are a bandit, aren't you??" Leeseo ran after Eunchae who attempted to walk away. She grabbed her shoulders and made her turn around. "How did you know my name? Were you following me—" and she gasp. A sudden realization hits as she recalls, "was it you who followed me last night??"

Eunchae bit her lip anxiously. Well, it wasn't her intention. Who would've thought there'd be someone wandering in the middle of the night? And for all fate, why does it has to be Hyunseo?

"Forget that."

"No— you were clearly following me! What for?? I have no money— hold on a minute...."

There was a feeling that Eunchae wouldn't like what's gonna be next. She just knew from the way Leeseo changed expression to a conceited look. "You're stalking me, aren't you?"

"What??"

"Nuh-uh, I see." Leeseo sighs. "Understandable. Since when?"

Eunchae's brow twitch, "how impudent—"

"Nuh-uh... don't have to deny it now, it's nothing embarrassing." Leeseo shows a proud smile which only brought the other girl irritation. "I like roses— not the red ones they're typically too overrated— I prefer pink roses. Oh, lake date sounds nice. We should bring spare bread to feed the swans, they're adorable. Have you heard of Meandra Valley? It's full of blooming flowers there, it's a good dating spot too. By the way, tell me your name. Show me your face too then maybe I'll consider."

"Are you hearing yourself?"

Leeseo smiles even wider. "Don't be embarrassed, it's okay that we're both girls! I have two mothers."

"I have two as well— that's not the point! I am not a stalker, get that in your head!" Eunchae turns around and walks away, leaving Leeseo dumbfounded. And perhaps, a little bit embarrassed.

"Are you not? How did you know my name then? Why are you hiding your face? Who are you? Why did you follow me last ni—"

"For goodness sake I did not follow you last night! You ran on your own! And please just shut up now I'm trying to remember our way back!"

Leeseo did shut her mouth. Not because she's a good follower— she never is— but all because there is a scandalous thought spinning in her mind. She quietly follows Eunchae's tracks, a smile slowly crept up her lips as she plans on her "identity exposing operation".

When Eunchae's guard was most down, Leeseo found the perfect opportunity to jump onto her.

"Hey—" Eunchae reacted late and she was already being pushed to the ground. Leeseo was sitting above her that restricted most her strength. Even her hands can't do anything other than being pinned against the ground.

"Heh," Leeseo grins victoriously. "Now who are you, really?"

"Get off! Don't you dare! I'll send you to the deepest dungeon to rot— don't touch me!" Eunchae hopelessly struggles when she sees Leeseo's hand slowly removing the cloth on her face. She can't bear have her face exposed!

But she's completely restrained, can't fight away.

Eunchae only closes her eyes until she feels less suffocation to her breath. The cloth is off, and that's enough to make her feel defeated.

A few seconds past, there was only complete silence. Eunchae slowly opens her eyes, only to greet Leeseo's dumbfounded expression. It made her even more anxious. What is this reaction? Does she... no way. I'm sure it's her first time seeing my face, there's no way she knows me. No one ever saw my face.

"I-I'm sorry." Leeseo stutters, but was still frozen on her position. "Holy Mother..." her jaw gaped open.

"What now..?"

"...."

"...."

"Marry me!"

———

"Where's that kid??" One woman, goes by the name Huh Yunjin nervously bites on her nail as she looks around the empty trees with no person she can find. "Damn you brat— you're going to get me killed!!"

It wasn't hard taking care of Eunchae when she was a kid. But that was before. Now that she's grown up, she starts growing rebellious and gradually became a tumor of headache.

"Ki— no. Eun— oh fuck!" She has to shout her frustration out cause damn she can't even call the name of the person she's in search for. "You lil' kid! Manchae! Where the fuck are you?!"

Yunjin continued her search deeper in the woods. She didn't even notice how the grasses wither by every steps she made. Drops of purple liquid constantly falls from her fingers that she only get to notice when one dropped on her feet.

She looked down, and immediately wiped her fingers off from leaking more of her blood. "I swear to God," she stopped her sentence midway and only clenches her teeth while wrapping bandages around her hands.

This is Huh Yunjin, possessing poisoned blood, and in whatever instance she gets stressed, her blood will leak out uncontrollably. It's one thing she hates about herself. It's like sweat but a deadly one.

How she wanted to shout Eunchae's name loud and scream her blood out. This stress is caused by no one but the kid. Yunjin took one deep breath, "okay. Calm down, Yunjin. You don't want yourself to get killed by Chaewon-nim now would you?" She forced a smile and goes further.

Into the woods, Yunjin could only wish Eunchae hadn't gone to WIZ Academy, knowing well this path leads to the school.

Then she heard a voice, followed by a thud. "Eunchae??" She utters to herself before running off to the direction of the sound. She flicks all branches that gets on her way, and by every step she can hear clearer of the rustles. Until she hears a voice.

One that made her drop her jaw.

"Marry me!"

Oh holy mother of God— what on earth is this that she just witness..? She doesn't know what to feel about this sight, the child of Ahn having her ass rest on Eunchae's stomach which pins her down the ground.

"Marry who?!"

The two girls bolted by the shocked voice.

"Yunjin-unnie?!" Leeseo gasps. Yunjin is the royal family's loyal attendant so Leeseo knows her well. She immediately got up upon recognizing the older. While Eunchae just quietly sat up, hiding her face away while quickly tying back the face cloth.

"Hyunseo! What is this—... this scandal!?"

"Why are you here?"

Yunjin was even more speechless. She just saw this kid's boldness a little while back and now she's looking at her with innocence in her eyes. Ahn Hyunseo... she's one dangerous creature.

Yunjin just sighs, secretly darting Eunchae a glance. This is bad. "I-I.. well, I'm in search for you. The maidservants reported you went missing since last night. This is your first to sneak out of the palace. You shouldn't worry us like that."

Leeseo felt guilty suddenly. It was true it was her first time doing something so worrisome.

"Come with me. We're going back to the palace." Yunjin took Leeseo's hand.

"Wait!" Leeseo turns around, only to find the girl in cloak already gone. Her eyes scans around, and there was really no traces of her. "Oh.. she's gone?"

"Do you know that girl?" Yunjin asks. She slowly guides Leeseo to walk.

Leeseo shakes her head. "No."

By that answer, Yunjin sighs. Thank goodness. She secretly looks back before paying attention to Leeseo again.

The younger isn't really the quiet type of a kid, but she hasn't spoken a single word 'til now. Yunjin starts to grow worry.

"What are you thinking?" Questions Yunjin.

"Do you think we'll ever meet her again?"

"She's a complete stranger with no background. It's less likely."

"I want to see her again."

"She won't come back."

"But what if we cross paths again?"

I will not let that happen. "No, you'll not." Yunjin says sternly. She wore a firm expression which Leeseo didn't really like. The younger felt even more guilty, thinking that herself being missing for a night was the reason of Yunjin's stress.

"Go now."

Leeseo stops, and only get to realize they're now back at the city gates. She looks at Yunjin, "you aren't coming with me?"

"I still have something to fix. You must go back now. Master Yujin must be worried."

Leeseo lost her color. Mother is back? Her face frowned with her eyes looking down anxiously, "okay," she whispers feebly before turning away and fades from Yunjin's sight.

When Yunjin made sure Leeseo's gone back in, she instantly ran back to her path. The bandage around her hands starts turning purple, soaked from her blood. But she didn't mind nothing else but Eunchae.

Gosh Kim Eunchae, what trouble have you pulled yourself into??

———

Leeseo walks into the halls of the palace with her hands tightly holding onto the sheath, head hung low while her lips curled a frown. She has the urge, a voice inside her mind telling her to run away right now. But she knew she can't. Her conscience wouldn't let her, knowing well she has a fault to blame.

"Do you have something to explain?" Yujin's cold voice was the first that greeted her the moment Leeseo opened their door.

The younger bows her head in shame, her lips almost bleed from the force of her teeth biting it anxiously. "I-I... wanted to help you wake Mom."

"By stealing her sword and disappear for a whole night?" Yujin finally faced her daughter.

There was this look in Yujin's eyes that Leeseo hates looking. This is the first time that sense of anger was evident on Yujin's gaze. It made the younger avoid eye contact.

"S-Sorry."

"You don't have to involve yourself with this, Hyunseo. You don't know what danger you're pulling yourself into!"

"What danger, Mother?" Leeseo snaps for the first time. She's been hiding these questions for years. Just.. why? All she wanted to do is to see Yuna open her eyes. She can't understand what danger there is to that. "Why is it dangerous— what's the danger??"

"You won't—"

"Won't know? I'll never know, Mother, you never told me—"

"Just quit involving yourself, this isn't your business!"

Leeseo was taken aback when Yujin raised her voice. It is a first time. She can't help but have wet her eyes with tears, scared. "S-Sorry." There was a tremble in her voice.

Yujin also just realized what she did. She softened by the sight of Leeseo terrified. But before she could apologize, the younger already ran out the room.

Yujin's mind went blank that she subconsciously slumped herself beside the bed. The anger she felt was taken over by regret. Yet she don't know what to do. She can only stare at the door where Leeseo just exited. "What have I done..." she whispers dejected as she looks at Yuna, bedridden unconscious. Skin and lips pale, even only faintly breathing.

She defeatedly rests her head to where Yuna's hand was. A tear cascade down the sheet. "Yuna... please wake up."

———

She's back here again. There is a wide space located not too far in front of the palace. Wide, open floor of stone tiles, surrounded by circling pillars which underneath it is a path of waterways that leads towards the beautiful fountain that serves as the center point. Surrounding the fountain were the well honored statues of the heroes of the nation. The enormous figure of them that people can see even at the most secluded part of the city.

Leeseo managed to find way to climb on the top of one particular statue. She find herself seated on the statue's shoulder, inhaling the fresh air she needed to breath as she gazes down upon the view of the whole city. A wind of comfort embraces her, which soothes her tears. She's been crying for hours.

Why is it not enough?

And there she goes again. She buries her face on her palm and let all her tears flow. High above this statue, she knew no one's going to hear her cries, so she bawled her heart out.

"Mom..." there was a desperate begging in her voice as if Yuna can hear. How she wished Yuna could hear. "Why does Mother hate me? I want to help her. I want you awake."

Without her knowing, there was another girl seated on top of another statue. On the highest point, siting above the ears of Sakura's statue, the girl can hear clearly of Leeseo's sobs. Her cloak which hid most of her skin sways from the blow of the wind. She watches Leeseo cry her heart out.

Eunchae's been here way before Leeseo came. Leeseo was too drowned with her sentiments that she failed to notice her presence.

Watching someone cry is something Eunchae is not too unfamiliar with. Such scene's been repeating in her eyes, except this time it's a different person. She can just ignore her and mind her own business, yet hearing the reason of her cry made her form an idea.

A rebellious one.

"You know, crying won't help your Mom."

Leeseo bolted by the sudden voice. Embarrassed, she immediately wiped her face dry hoping the person won't see her miserable state.

It's already too late anyway. Eunchae witnessed her being a mess. "Do you know why General Shin lost consciousness 'til now?"

"Uhm.. Mother told me she was sick."

Eunchae grinned. "What a lie."

"What do you even know..." Leeseo mutters with a low voice. She didn't even bother know who the person was. Her eyes only locked down below the city's view, even tho she practically can't see anything because of her tears blurring her vision.

"There was a story. Once, a brave knight clashed into a battlefield with solely herself. She was alone against thousands of soldiers. But with the light of her sword, she held onto the tiniest gleam of hope and made a path out the bloody war. The battle became a mere one-sided massacre. The lone knight vectored the doom... however, it came down to a prize. A seed starts to spring leaf from where her foot stands. In the middle of the blood flooded terrain there grows a tiny sapling. The knight saw glimpse of life with that leaf. She stares at it, blindly, that she failed to watch her back. There was a blade raised to slash her back. The enemy knows no blade can penetrate the knight's armor, she he slashed her sword instead. The knight's sword lost its glory, she lost her might."

Leeseo was silenced. Of course, she knew of this fairytale. It was a story she once read in the royal library, about an honorable knight who sacrificed herself for her kingdom. She never actually thought of it as something significant to reality, but now that she heard it again... it knocked her to sense.

But it's just a children's fiction, isn't it?

Leeseo shakes her head. It's been 15 years... There was no single book that tells about any war 15 years ago. Mom did not go to any war.

"I wonder what happened to the sapling."

Leeseo looks at the person with a weirded stare, "you're more worried of the sapling than the knight?"

"The knight turned blind because of the sapling. Why do you think that is?"

Leeseo didn't mind of the question. There was quite a distance between them so Leeseo's vision isn't so clear. But the more she stared at the person, the more curious she becomes. "You're familiar."

Eunchae didn't utter anything. She felt the cloth on her face was becoming loose, so she let the wind blow the cloth away. It flew along the breeze.

Leeseo froze stunned.

It's almost a fairytale that their eyes met again for miraculously the second time. "I-It's you!!"

"Hello, Hyunseo."

"It's really you— ah!" Leeseo got overly excited that she almost fell. Thankfully managed to hold onto the statue's hair. "I'm okay!" She giggled.

Oh? Eunchae secretly smiles to herself. She's cute.

"Are we getting married now??"

And Eunchae takes that back. She's not cute. Absolutely. Rather a creep.

She rolls her eyes away, "you want to wake your Mom, don't you?"

"How do you know too much? You're really my stalker, aren't you? You even know my Mom."

"Do you want to or not?"

"Of course! My Mom waking up is the only thing I want to wish for."

"There is a book I know that knows everything, Hyunseo. A book of divine knowledge. It may know a way how to wake your Mom."

"Really?? What book?"

"The Sacred Book."

"Where can we find it?"

Eunchae smirks. "We'll find it then, will you come with me?"

"Where?"

"WIZ Academy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 3.4K 50
Two hundred and fifty years after the fall of Galbatorix, Alagaesia is a very different place. Trading routes have been opened up all through the wor...
307K 22.3K 35
- You cannot pretend forever. - While the demons have started gaining ground in the war once again, they are still falling behind when it comes to p...
776 46 27
After living a rough life, Y/N surprises her best friend, Izuku, in Mustafu where he's training to become a hero. But Y/N is not human; she was creat...
23.1K 937 28
After experiencing a strange, bizarre event back at his home, our MC must now face challenges that might lead to his demise. Gifted with powers that...