The Faces Of Karl Jacobs

De TheOnlooker321

When aspiring professional ice skater Hailey Dunnlap, lands herself a job at Mr. Beast, she believes things a... Mais

Chapter 0: Character Introduction
Chapter 2: The Timberlands
Chapter 3: You know those things are bad for you, right?
Chapter 4: Just My Luck
Chapter 5: Suite 313
Chapter 6: Circles
Chapter 7: The Death of My Dignity
Chapter 8: Friends.
Chapter 9: Public Perception
Chapter 10: "I faked a relationship for 30 days"
Chapter 11: My Last Night Single
Chapter 12: Lingering Questions
Chapter 13: Debut
Chapter 14: White Glove Mistakes
Chapter 15: My Orange Soaked Jacket

Chapter 1: Karl Motherfucking Jacobs.

187 3 0
De TheOnlooker321

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Fuck" I whispered to myself as my palms collided with the hard ice beneath me.

I slowly pushed myself off the ground and into a sitting position. As I began to wipe the built-up ice off my skates, I heard the voice of my coach above me, "That looked like shit, Hails"

A dry laugh escaped my lips as I mumbled, "Felt like it too..."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Coach Brian roll his eyes, "Are you taking this seriously? You know nationals are just a few months away. We're running out of time Hailey"

I bit the inside of my cheek to contain the words bubbling inside of me. After taking a breath I responded, "I am taking this seriously. Some things just don't happen overnight."

I rose and steadied myself on the ice to meet the stare of my coach.

Brian is great. He's been my figure-skating coach since I was six and while his standards are high, I know he's always wanted what's best for me. He just has an interesting way of showing it.

"Clearly," He rolled his eyes once more, just before spinning on his heel to skate in the opposite direction of me while shouting over his shoulder, "One more time!"

I let out a sigh and skated to the opposite side of the rink.

. . .

Karl P.O.V.

"Hey, do you know what time we're supposed to get the ice?" I looked up to see Henry standing before me, looking ever so impatient.

"Umm, not sure, but it looks like the people inside are wrapping up, so it shouldn't be too much of a wait" I mumbled back, reverting my gaze to the camera in my lap.

All Henry did was grunt, turn around, and walk away.

"Yeah, no problem buddy..." I whispered to myself as I watched his figure strut down the hallway.

Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself. I had a good job. I didn't need to be the cameraman of Duke's hockey team. I guess it was just another way to fill my time like I didn't have enough going on...

The door to the rink slammed open, breaking me from my train of thought. I looked towards the source of the noise and saw a very angry girl stomp into the room.

I couldn't stop my wandering eyes as I watched the girl and what seemed to be her coach, argue back and forth with each other.

"Hey, pervy" My head snapped away from the scene and over towards Henry, "Quit checking her out, we're on the ice"

I rolled my eyes at his comment as I collected my things.

. . .

Hailey's P.O.V.

My eyes widened as I re-read the words on my laptop for the fifth time.

"Thank you for your application, Hailey! We would love to continue communication with you moving forward about potential job opportunities. We officially would like to offer you the position of "Senior Production Manager" here at Beast Crew. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Jimmy Donaldson & Co."

I had originally applied as a joke. Well kind-of.

I had never done any real film work outside of high school/college productions. Sure, I was the lead on many projects and eventually became one of the best production managers in the state, but Mr. Beast had applicants from all around the world. I truthfully never thought I'd get picked.

Brian was soo gonna kill me.

As my cursor blinked in my open draft of an email, I thought about nationals. This is my senior year and my last opportunity at a national title in my collegiate career. I had been working towards this my entire life. I knew work would pull me away... but, I needed a job, and this job could open the door for so many other production opportunities.

I sighed as my mind argued with my heart.

I knew what I needed to do.

I quickly finished typing my acceptance email and signing my name before my movement slowed causing me to hesitate over the 'send' button.

I squeezed my eyes closed and whispered to myself, "Once in a lifetime..." as I clicked the mouse.

I heard a 'whoosh' and smiled softly to myself. All that's left to do is tell Brian...

I giggled manically to myself in the quiet of my room, fully allowing myself to relish in the pride I felt.

"I can't believe this is happening..."

. . .

~ time skip ~

. . .

Two months later...

. . .

I felt my blood begin to boil in annoyance as I heard his voice ring throughout the studio, "What's up boys? It's been a minute."

Even without seeing who the voice came from, I knew he had just walked through the doors. I couldn't fight my eyes rolling to the back of my skull, as I heard everyone's cheery greetings to him through the locked bathroom door.

At the crisp hour of 4:45 a.m., it was officially too damn early to have his shrill voice ringing through the air. I steadied myself with a deep breath before unlocking the door and stepping out into the main area of Studio 6.

Immediately, our eyes connected. I bit my lip, schooling my face into an unreadable emotion. Then, I gave him a courteous nod.

"Good job Hailey. Keep it professional"

I could practically hear Jimmy repeating the words in my head.

He nodded back. The only acknowledgment either of us could muster.

Karl Motherfucking Jacobs.

I felt like I couldn't escape him.

Since beginning to work for Jimmy and Mr.Beast Co., Karl and I have had some rather... tension-filled interactions. Let's just say, we didn't get off on the best foot.

Anyway, for the past two months, my life has changed drastically, I've been thrust into the limelight all the while trying to remain focused on my ice skating career and survive my senior year.

Unfortunately, it was remaining difficult to stay undistracted...

"Hails, you ready for today's shoot?" My attention was pulled from my inner monologue and directed towards Kris, as she began helping prepare the equipment for the day ahead.

"Yeah," I blinked, refocusing my attention, "Sorry, I'm just nervous about this one..." I trailed off, as I began walking towards the wall of monitors that stood awaiting my direction.

"I think we're all a little nervous for this one..." Kris trailed off, glancing back at the tens of people catching up behind us.

"Jimmy's officially lost it..." I muttered shaking my head, as I glanced in the direction of the twenty-year-old billionaire.

Kris laughed, "Yeah..., although something tells me he's had worse ideas"

I gave Kris a skeptical look.

"Okay, maybe this is his worst idea. But, I'm sure he'll have no problem topping this one soon enough!" Kris responded to my doubtful look with a cheery smile on her face.

I laughed bitterly, "That's if he survives..."

"Heeeyyyyyy" Our conversation was cut short by Chandler stepping in between Kris and I, swinging his arms around both of our shoulders to grasp us in a group hug, "Who's excited?!" He said giddily.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Apparently you," I snorted.

"Ahh, I see someone's finally learning social cues, good job Hails!" Chandler giggled while mockingly clapping at me.

My mouth fell open, a grin quickly overtaking my features, "Too far Chandler, too far."

He just smiled wider, knowing I didn't mean it, "It won't be far enough until you cry" He smiled evilly.

"Oh shove it," I said exasperated, turning my body away from him and back to focus on the monitors and cameras being pilled into the vans in front of me.

"Alright everybody listen up!" My attention was drawn away at the sound of Jimmy's voice, "The vans are completely packed with the needed equipment for today, it's time to get moving so we can get on location before the sun comes up"

I nodded silently as I listened to his directions continue, "Alright, I need the main crew to load into Van 1. Camera crew you're heading in Tareq's truck, and all talent will be riding in Karl's car today."

I nodded, understanding my assignment, "Take your last bathroom breaks everyone, we're leaving in the next five" Jimmy finished his orders by clapping his hands together, signaling the end of our meeting.

I turned back to Kris just as she said, "I wish you were coming with us" Kris' face changed to resemble a small pout that accompanied her words.

I tried to hide my cringe, "Yeah... me too" I said, doing my best impression of a person who meant their words.

Kris rolled her eyes at me, an exasperated look dawning her features, "Oh come on, don't feed me that bullshit"

I snorted a bit at her response, "Hey, I meant it!" I put my hands up in defense.

"Bullshit!" She half-yelled, a bit more serious now, "Hails, I love you and all, but things would just be easier if you and Karl could get along..." Kris finally admitted.

I sighed. I knew how the crew felt about Karl and I's constant bickering. I just couldn't help it. Something about him manages to get under my skin every, damn, time.

"Trust me,"  I sighed, "I agree. He's just a pretentious dick."

"Hailey," Kris said, taking up a parental tone I often hear her use with Tucker.

"I know, I know... you're friends with both of us, blah, blah, blah, blah..." I trailed off, my true annoyance shining through my poorly masked professionalism.

"Just, please do me a favor," Kris grabbed me by the arm, forcing me to meet her eyes, "Please, at least for this weekend, try your hardest to get along. Jimmy won't be able to babysit the both of you at this shoot."

It felt like Kris just shot me in the heart. I know Karl and I's bickering can get out of hand sometimes, but is that what everyone thought? That we were just some kids that needed babysitting...?

I bit my lip, breaking our eye contact, before I slowly nodded my head, ashamed of my hotheaded behavior.

Kris let out a sigh, "Thank you. You know how badly I want the two of you to be friends. I just want the best for you, Hails"

I smiled tightly at her words, "I know Kris, but I can only control my actions. You're hoping for a miracle here, but I can't make any promises based on his behavior."

She smiled sadly at my words, "I understand that Hailey... just, give him time. I know he can be insufferable... just.., give him time..." Kris trailed off, before hanging her head and beginning to head over towards Karl's car.

I felt the familiar sense of anxiety begins to tighten in my chest.

"Give him time? What the hell does that even mean?"

I rolled my eyes at the thought. I'd given Karl both time and opportunities to not just be civil, but to be friends. Yet, he has done nothing but take advantage of my kindness and make a mockery of me.

I felt my face flush red, as anger began to fill my body. I took a deep breath, steadying my emotions before trailing after Kris, preparing to load myself into Van 1.

Unfortunately for me, Jimmy intercepted me just before I was about to climb into the passenger seat of the grey minivan.

"Hailey, hold on a sec!" He called over to me, a slight skip in his step as he made an effort to get to me quicker.

"Hey," He said with a puff of air when he finally caught up to me, "I'm gonna need you to ride in Karl's car today, we need the extra room in the van for the camping supplies we're bringing. I'm sorry I completely forgot about it"

I felt myself fill with dread.

Fucking awesome.

It became clear by Jimmy's changing expression, that my face did a shit job hiding my feelings, "Please, play nice" Jimmy asked with a pleading tone.

I rolled my eyes, "Why does everyone think I'm the instigator?! I am nice!" I whined.

He let out a short laugh, "Real convincing. Now go, and smile!" He laughed at me sarcastically, as he gave me a small shove towards my friends and the demon spawn.

I drudgingly began dragging my feet over towards the small group huddle outside of Karl's Tesla. Unfortunately, Karl was the first one to spot me walking in their direction.

Whatever words were previously on his lips seemed to be left behind, as he processed that I was walking towards their small circle. Kris and Chandler turned around to face me, curious expressions gracing their features.

I stopped in front of the group and announced my presence, "Hey, um... Jimmy told me I'm riding with you all today..."

It was eerily quiet.

"Oh"

Red-hot anger flashed in me at the sound of his shrill voice, but I shoved it down quickly.

Shove it, Karl motherfucking Jacobs.

"Yay!" Kris said, finally breaking the awkward tension that lingered in the air.

I smiled at her, thankful for the mood shift.

"Well, alright then," Karl said, forming an entire thought this time, "We better get going"

I nodded my head silently in response.

. . .

My biggest mistake of the day was letting Kris and Chandler get in the car first. They both chose to sit in the backseat, forcing me to ride shotgun next to Karl who was driving.

Shoot me now pls.

I ground my teeth together, pushing down the vile rising from the back of my throat, as I reluctantly pulled the passenger door open and climbed into the front seat of the car.

Karl didn't even glance at me.

What a dick.

"How far away is the location?" I asked innocently.

Silence. The car filled with silence.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Still, silence.

As I looked over to Karl, it became clear that he was intent on ignoring my presence entirely.

"Ya know, you could've just answered the fucking question.." I muttered, with a bit more anger laced behind my words than intended.

I reached over to the driver's side of the car and yanked his phone off the charger to check out the directions currently pulled up on the screen.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?!" Karl yelled out in anger, finally acknowledging me.

"Finding out how long I'm gonna be trapped in a car with you" I grumbled out angrily.

He looked taken aback by my statement and glared at me before ripping the phone from my hands, "Too long." Was all he said in response.

"Alright drama queen" I huffed, leaning back into the leather seats, wishing it would swallow me whole.

"Can we stop? Please? We're not even a minute into the drive..." Chandler interrupted, acting as the voice of reason for the first time in his life.

Both of us stayed silent. It was clear, we had both been told to behave this weekend.

This sucks.

. . .

yayyyy

new story, new story, new storyyy

i'm super excited about this one as i don't see a lot of enemies-to-lovers in the Karl fandom, so i wanted to contribute what i would like to see!

please let me know what you think of this story and what you want to see from our main characters!

hope you enjoyed!

-TheOnlooker <3

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

126K 2.6K 135
APHRODITE 𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁 IN WHICH: Ariana Simons, the older sister of the well known Streamer and Youtuber, Tommyinnit, gets a text f...
22.1K 466 14
Karl and Y/N seem to be having the best relationship they could ever hope to have. They do pretty much everything together. Nothing seems to be wrong...
159K 4.9K 41
⋆ . ✩ ⋆₊ 🌠 . ➶ ˚ 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 ⊹ . ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖ 𝙆𝘼𝙍𝙇 𝙅𝘼𝘾𝙊𝘽𝙎 .·:·. ☆☆★ ꒰ ♡ᵎ ꒱ ❝ in which, ximena visits her hometown for...
24.1K 669 22
Where Dream needs notes for science, but texts the wrong number without noticing; and george tries to tell him. Eventually, they become friends. -- A...