His Final Riddle

By LunaModeGreen

This is the second book in The Last Riddle series. Please read The Last Riddle before this. Spoilers for Th... More

1. Alone
2. Hello Father
3. The Malfoy's garden party
4. Lovers to enemies to what?
5. The Slug Club
6. Walk proud and high
7. Mood swings
8. Romeo and Juliet
9. Christmas Slugs
10. Free will is a gift
12. Remember your place
13. Lets start with a bang
14. Poisoned glances
15. Happy 17th birthday
16. I will choose you, every time
UPDATE
17. House elf spies
18. Sleep well
19. We work together or not at all
20. To win the war, sacrifices have to be made.
21. Leave it all behind
22. Puzzle piece
23. Oceans of Narcissus
24. There is sense of charity in a quick death
25. Fathers will
26. The French Revolution
27. The party and the wedding
28. The prodigal son returns
29. A messy Nott of chaos
30. Zombie eyes
31. The aftermath
32. Father's will
33. Sicilian Summer

11. I will be stronger

711 19 9
By LunaModeGreen

I fall to the ground exhausted from the morning.

"Are you okay?" I turn my head to see Draco watching me carefully his arms crossed across his chest.

I nod my head "I'm okay. Just tired."

Draco sighs and walks further into the room standing above me, his face is as neutral as ever.

I sigh and lay down fully onto the dining room floor, I stare up at the ceiling above me.

"You need to be stronger." Draco's voice is angry as he furrows his eyebrows at my position.

"Oh fuck off Draco" I push myself into a seated position "I'm trying my best. What the hell else am I supposed to do?"

Draco shakes his head "you need to be stronger Angelica. You're weak. You may be top of the class but when it comes down to it you're not strong, you're not using your magic properly."

I throw my arms up in annoyance "great! Thanks so much for the words of encouragement Malfoy."

Draco drops to his knees grabbing my shoulders forcefully "you are not listening to me." He shakes me slightly his eyes dangerous as his jaw tightens "I have spent my whole life being taught to be strong. My father has drilled into me how to use my magic to last, if I had to I could spend hours duelling. I know that because I was forced to do it as a child."

I stay silent as I stare at him my mouth open slightly from shock, I've never seen Draco so enraged before.

"You don't get it Angelica" Draco lowers his head "Hogwarts hasn't trained us for this. It's taught us how to live in the friendly and happy wizarding world, it has not taught us how to survive a fucking war." He stands upright his hands dropping to his side as he looks down at me "you're not duelling to get a high grade or a few points for your house. You're duelling to stop yourself from being killed. That's our reality now."

Before I can even begin to think of a reply Draco has turned on his heel storming from the large room.

I let out a long breath as I stare after the boy. That was bloody intense.

"Miss Angelica" I look up from the book I am reading in my bedroom to see a house elf standing in the doorway.

"Yes?" I lower the book and place it on the small table besides me.

"You's is to come to your next lessons now. Please meet the Miss in the same dining room as before." The house elf cracks out of sight as soon as it has finished speaking.

Sighing loudly I grab my wand and walk from the room my body already aching.

I turn the corner into the dining room and find the room entirely empty. No tables, no chairs just a large empty space with the portraits of  Malfoy family members hanging on the walls.

Flicking my wand between my fingers I walk further into the room, my stomach begins to clench tightly as I come to a halt in the very centre of it. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up as a metallic taste fills my mouth.

Drawing my wand up I point it at the very far corner of the room, darkness seems to be rippling from it as though in waves.

"Finite incantatem." I point the spell at the corner however nothing happens, the dark shapes seem to continue to shift and pulse drawing closer and closer to me.

"That spell will not work girl." A high pitch voice grates against my ears, I spin around to see a large mess of dark curls entering the room. The woman has razor sharp cheekbones, wide dark eyes that seem to bore into your very soul and her teeth are pointed against her red lips.

Belatrix Lestrange.

She smiles evilly over at me as she walks into the room her heeled boots hitting the dark wooden floors with a heavy snap each time.

"Silly childish spells like that don't work against dark magic, that was a test." Without even looking at it she shoots a bright green spark into the corner causing all the darkness from before to turn into dust before my very eyes.

I bite down hard on my tongue as I take in the woman before me, Draco's aunt, the woman who lives in Voldemort's pocket, the very bitch who killed Sirius. Her own cousin.

"You hate me?" She leans her head forward raising her eyebrows mockingly at me "you mourn for my blood traitor cousin don't you?"

I try very hard to swallow the anger building within my body however I feel my hands begin to shake "he was a great man. He had a life, he had people who loved him. You stole the opportunity of a second life and a second chance of love from him."

Belatrix let's out a cold high pitch laugh "you're such a sheltered little lamb aren't you?"

"What?" I feel the anger begin to disappear as confusion takes over.

Bellatrix walks towards me, she begins to circle me slowly her eyes darting around my face "you realise you just showed your weaknesses don't you? You showed me that you care, that you're weak, you showed me that you have people you love." She stops moving as she stands behind me her words whispering in my ear "you just showed me how to truly torture you."

I hold my breath as realisation hits me, it's true. Why spend all that time with Snape hiding my memories and my thoughts if I am just going to tell my enemies whatever they need to hear.

Bellatrix comes back to stand in front of me raising her wand "well I suppose it's time to see what that ridiculous school has taught you." She darts her tongue out to wet her lips as her gang like teeth shine at me.

I stagger backwards "I don't know enough to duel with you, I thought that's why you're here. To teach me."

"What's better way to learn then to feel the effects against you?" Bellatrix barely allows me time to realise what she means as she screams "ignis fictus" before a spark of red flies from her wand hitting me squarely in the chest.

I scream as the burning sensation takes over my whole body, dropping to the floor I feel my legs and arms hitting the floor repeatedly. Blind hot pain tears at my chest as I continually scream my throat growing hoarse.

As suddenly as it started the sensation of my skin burning stops, I lay panting on the floor before turning my head slowly to look at the woman who is stood laughing in a shrill manner.

"What the fuck?" Weakly I roll on to my stomach climbing back up into a very shaky standing position.

Bellatrix smirks at me her eyes alight with joy "that was a very efficient burning curse, it doesn't actually cause the victim any pain. It's all in their wind, which is what makes it so fun."

Gritting my teeth I raise my wand determined to be prepared for her next trick, as I stare at her I force my mind to think back to her wand movement as she cursed me. I am going to have to find a way to practice that later.

Ignis fictus

I force the words she had used also to the back of my mind as I see her smile becoming more evil.

She blinks at me slowly before suddenly darting to the left, she leaps in the air crossing the space quickly and lands in a crouch. I spin around to face her my wand a second behind my body as she raises her wand first.

"Visio nocturna memoria" a dark black bolt hits me in the face this time and I feel myself flying backwards through the air.

I brace my body ready for the force of the wall behind me but instead I continue to fly backwards before landing on a soft, wet ground.

Groaning I turn my head to the side looking for the sadistic, manic witch. Instead my eyes take a second to adjust to the darkness around me, my cheek instead of brushing the solid wooden floors of Malfoy Manor brush against soft, tickly grass.

Grass?

I sit up slowly clenching my wand tightly in my hand. I look around as shadows shift and begin to form solid shapes.

Graves, headstones and moonlight.

My breath hitches in my throat as realisation hits me. There are soft murmurs from behind me and I turn towards them expecting to see the woman speaking to someone. Instead however I see it exactly as it was.

Harry stands his back to me, his hair is unruly as ever as he shivers on the spot. Blood and mud stains his red shirt as he looks around him, he turns to look at me but his eyes pass right by me.

I step forward passing a large headstone to see two figures side by side, dark and light.

"I'm good, you're right. I'm okay." A soft shaky voice comes out of the young girl her face complete fixed on the boy before her.

"No" I feel myself saying as I will my legs to carry me forwards.

The two figures seem not to hear me however as they stare at each other as though there is no one else in the world.

"Cedric" my voice is a whisper as I stare across at myself standing there looking at the poor soul in front of her.

There I stood, a child  staring across at her boyfriend. Her eyes staring into his grey ones as the feeling of warmth and love flowed through her. Cedric stands across from the younger version of myself, tall and caring his hands tightly holding me in place. He is smiling down at me trust, warmth and love burning in his eyes, in his very soul.

As I stare at the two people in front of me I feel my blood run cold as that voice, the same voice that had haunted my dreams since this very day sounds around me.

"Kill him" the words hit me deeply in my heart and I fall to my knees from the force of them. The green light burns brightly in my eyes as I stare at the life drain from the only proof of food in me.

Cedric falls to the floor his grey, brown flecked eyes losing the sun within them and turning into lifeless orbs.

I look across at the younger version of myself as she falls to her knees like me, she cries, she weeps and she sobs and the sky sobs with her. Rain falls all around us as she kneels there her arms wrapped around his dead body.

Weak.

She looks weak.

I stare across the space and see the light leaving her as she stares down at his perfect hair, his face that had shone bright with laughter now devoid of life. I watch her movements, her sobs, her pleads with Merlin, God and life itself.

I clench my fists as I glare across at her. That was the last day I think I may have truly felt whole.

"It feels good doesn't it?" Bellatrix's whisper breaks me out of the memory.

I groan as I sit up now realising I am laid flat on the floor, sweat is dripping down my forehead. I blink slowly letting my vision come back to me in pieces as I adjust to the dark room around me.

"What. The. Fuck. Was. That?" I clench my hand around my wand as I stand to my feet, anger burns within me as I glare across at the demon woman in front of me.

Bellatrix smiles her teeth shining in the light "that was dark magic. A hex to make you live your worst nightmare again." She walks into the centre of the room her head held high "you need these memories to fuel your magic. You're too good, too pure and too light. You need the darkness girl, your father is the Lord of darkness so it is about time you learnt to embrace it."

"How do I do that?" I grit my teeth as my body aches from the series of tests I have been put through today.

"Let's start with an age old favourite should we?" Her smile is cold and menacing as she narrows her eyes at me "crucio!"

My knees smack down against the wooden floor as pain starts in my chest, it grows and tears at my body blood thumping in my ears. I can feel my fucking heartbeat in my eyes as the pain continues throughout every fibre of my being. My mouth is stretched wide open and I can barely contain the high pitched scream emitting from it. My body begins to spasm as the pain digs deep into my skin, channeling throughout me. Words and thoughts fail me as my eyes roll backwards in my head warmth coating my nostrils, chin and cheeks. My eyes are burning and stinging as the pain only carries on.

After what feels like hours the pain ends just as suddenly as it began.

I hear footsteps leaving the room accompanied by a sociopathic sounding whistle and the room grows silent.

I stay laying on the floor unable to live my arms or legs, I run my fingertips gently along the hardwood floor grounding myself and reminding my mind where I am.

I am in the Malfoy Manor. I am Voldemorts daughter. I have no twin brother. Cedric is dead.

I chant these words over and over again as my teeth clench tightly together, my vision comes back slowly but the words is still blurry.

Slowly I pull myself into a sitting position and stand up awkwardly. My legs shake and can barely hold me, I clench my wand tightly as I push one foot in front of the other walking from the dreaded room and heading towards the large staircase.

Pushing myself up the stairs takes more effort than anything else has in my entire life, by the time I make it to my bedroom it takes all the will power I have to not immediately crawl into bed.

I peel my clothes from my body and head to the large bath tub in the adjoining bathroom. It is already full of warm water and bubbles as if someone expected I would need it after today. As I am climbing in I catch my reflection in the mirror.

Crimson red stains my cheeks and chin dropping down my neck and across my bare chest. I stumble to the large mirror over the sink and stare wide eyed at my face. Blood seems to have poured from my eyes and nose during Bellatrix's torture.

Feeling the urge to throw up I run the taps of the sink at full force shoving my face into the stream of water. I keep my eyes closed as the water runs down my face, grabbing the closest flannel I scrub harshly at my face trying not to look at the red stained water rushing down the drain.

After this bath, I tell myself that no matter how tired I am I will go to the Malfoy family library and take out every book on dark magic there is. I will spend the whole night studying and learning spells, hexes and curses. I will learn how to block and shield and I will be better than I was today.

I will be stronger.

"You have some post" Draco is standing in the doorway of my bedroom his eyes staring at the spot on my wall above my head.

"Can you bring it to me please?" I am laying on my side with the large duvet pulled up to my neck.

Draco sighs as he walks into the room dropping the letters on my bed. He avoids looking at my face as his eyes move to the large window.

"The owl left it downstairs because it couldn't get into your room I'm guessing." His voice is clipped as he looks at the ceiling above us.

"Right. Thanks." I reach for the letters and see Theo's familiar handwriting on one of the envelopes.

Draco nods and turns to leave for room, before he hesitates.

I lift my head up to look at him "what?"

He runs a hand down his face before he turns back towards me "you can still leave you know. Get out of here. It's only going to get worse and harder."

"You've gone through it as well?"

Draco's jaw tightens as he nods slowly "it's how the break you. They see it as making you stronger but it doesn't. Not really."

I push myself out of my bed and walk towards him closing the space, I grab his hand before he has the chance to pull it away.

"I'm sorry Draco, I'm sorry that this has happened to you." I tug him towards me slightly so we are stood with mere centimetres separating our bodies. His face is set into a deep scowl as he stare at a spot over my head. Sighing I reach a hand up and press it against his cheek moving his face so he is looking directly at me. Our eyes connect and I stare deep into the grey storm brewing in them, his eyebrows seem to relax as he looks down at me and I can see his jaw loosen as he lets out a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry Draco" I whisper clenching his hand tightly "I'm sorry that they did this to you and I didn't know."

Draco shakes his head "how would you have known. You were spending the start of the summer with Blaise, you didn't even know what happened with my dad."

"So that's what it was? They were punishing you for that? Torturing you like they are with me?" My voice shakes as I feel the tears running down my face.

Draco laughs coldly "oh they wouldn't see it as torture. They were helping me. Forcing me to work twenty hours a day, taking turns to hit me with curses and jinxes."

I suck a deep breath in "where was your mother? I can't believe she would have let this happen."

"Depressed. She barely left her bed, she would spend days on end in her bedroom having the house elves bring her food which she wouldn't eat. She doesn't know what was happening, I knew if I told her she would be angry but there was nothing she could do. Not really." Draco steps back releasing my hand "you can still get out Ang, go to Harry, go to Dumbledore. Beg them to keep you safe and they will. You can still be taken to safety they can hide you."

I clench my fists "but what about you Draco? What about your mother? What about Theo?"

Draco shrugs "it's too late for us. But you still have a chance. It's Christmas Day, I'm sure you know where Harry is. Why not go visit him?"

"I can't leave you alone on Christmas" I shake my head "we can spend the day together."

Draco steps back once more "no. I'm going to spend it with my mother. You won't see me for the rest of the day so you might as well go." He looks over my face for a second before he turns away from me "get out of her Angelica. Before he finds a reason which forces you to stay."

I stumble from the Manor running out into the back garden and heading towards the hidden pathway on the right of the large hedges. I made sure that a large meeting was being held in the front dining room before I even tried to leave the manor. With a small rucksack on my back, Moodys cage in one hand and my broom in the other I will my legs to move as fast as they can as I run for cover.

Hermione had told me just before Christmas break that she was going home to spend Christmas with her parents as she and Ron we arguing. She had told me that Harry would be spending Christmas at the Burrow with the Weasleys.

I climb onto my broom now I am hidden from view and attach the compass Nott gave me last summer when I was flying to the Ministry. I tap my wand to it and mutter "The Burrow" stepping onto the broom I push myself into the air hoping that the meeting is still in full swing and no Death Eaters will look up.

After an hour and a bit of following the annoying red arrow of the compass I begin to recognise the village before me. Growing lower so I am flying just above the whispy clouds I recognise the fields that surround the Weasley home. As I grow closer the tall, mismatch shape of The Burrow comes into sight.

Smiling at the small line of smoke coming from the chimney and the warm yellow glow from within I pull myself to land a few metres from the front door.

Rushing forwards I hit my hand against the door several times as the afternoon sun shines bright above me.

"Who is that?"

"Arthur!"

"Harry stay with Ron!"

Footsteps sound from behind the door before it is swung open wide and several wands are pointed at my face.

"Fuck" I stumble back the smile wiping from my face as I hold my hands up. "It's me!" My eyes are wide as the wands slowly lower and faces come into view.

"Oh Merlin it's Angelica!" Mrs Weasley rushes forward before Arthur grabs her arm.

"Hold on Molly, we can't be too careful." He turns to me his face stern "I'm sure you understand Angelica, I'm going to need you to answer some questions." He closes the door suddenly as I hear whispers from behind the door.

The door swings open a second later and Mr Weasley is stood with his wand up, he turns to someone who is hidden by the door frame "right what's the first one?"

A whisper sounds and Mr Weasley nods as he listens.

He clears his throat "right. The first question dear is how did you get that scar on your elbow?"

I smile as I realise Harry must be the one whispering question prompts at him as he and I are the only ones in the magical world who would know that. "Um, my cousin Dudley pushed me off a wall onto concrete pavement and caused it to cut open. My aunt and uncle refused to take me to the hospital and therefore it scarred badly."

Mr Weasley nods before looking over Harry. He looks back towards me his eyes sad "and the several scars on your thighs?"

I swallow heavily as the memories come back to me "cigar burns. From my uncle when I was eight years old."

Mr Weasleys face pales slightly, I can hear Mrs Weasley gasping from behind him.

Harry seems to confirm this is the truth as Mr Weasley gives me a forced smile "very good dear" he turns to his right "give me another."

A pause stretches out before the whisper sounds again.

Mr Weasley looks at me his face full of confusion "for your thirteenth birthday what present did you receive from Professor Snape?"

I suck a deep breath in, I couldn't remember ever telling Harry about the gift I received. I look down at my empty wrist and run my fingers against it.

My voice seems to catch in my throat as I look across at the kind man in front of me "it was a bracelet. Belonging to my mother" I sigh deeply "my birth mother."

I look back down at my empty wrist and think back to the last time I had worn it. After my fathers return I had locked my mothers bracelet into a jewellery box Blaise had given me. Although now I wish I did have it on me.

"Well done dear, come in quickly now." Mr Weasley stands aside taking my broom and cat cage from me.

Mrs Weasley hurries forward embracing me tightly "oh how lovely for you to surprise on Christmas, come in now. Come sit by the fire and I'll have Ron bring you a coco and a pie."

I nod my thanks at her as she rushes over to the stove. Mr Weasley walks further into the house with my belongings in hand.

I turn to back to the front door and see Harry standing besides it. His hair is stuck up in its usual way but he looks older as he looks back at me.

"Merry Christmas Harry" I nod at him offering him a tight smile.

He smiles back at me "Merry Christmas Angie."

I smile at the childhood nickname the warmth from The Burrow heating me up.

"Where is Ron and the others?" I look around the kitchen area and see it full of flying pots and pans but none of the other Weasley Children.

"Lupin and Tonk took them into the living room after the questions started." Harry gestures towards the living room "let's go through."

I follow Harry through the narrow doorway and smile as the Weasley siblings all smile back at me.

Ron steps forward wrapping his arms around me, he towers over me easily and pats me on the head playfully.

"Wow Angelica it's like you've shrunk over night!" He smiles widely at me as he sits back into the worn out sofa.

I laugh "I think it's you that's grown over night actually Ron."

Fred and George both wave at me from the sofa their suits looking very dapper and expensive compared to the rest of the Weasley members.

"Business going well is it?" I offer them a smirk as I take them both in.

"Booming" Fred smiles widely.

"It seems even in perilous times people still have the need for puking pastilles. Who knew?" George smirks as he pulls a brown paper bag from his jacket.

"On the house" they both say in unison.

Fred nods "consider it a Christmas gift."

My eyes next go to Charlie who is smiling at his younger brothers. He meets my eyes and offers me a polite nod "it's good to see you again Angelica."

"You too" I smile warmly at him as my eyes land on the last Weasley brother.

This brother has sharper features than the others and his eyes hold a coldness to them that the others don't have.

"I'm Bill" he reaches across the space to other me his hand.

I shake it "nice to meet you." I offer him a quick smile not wanting to look at him for much longer as his eyes hold a judgement that hits my core.

Lupin speaks up from the corner of the living room, his tall frame is squished into a large arm chair with a younger, petite female squished in besides him.

"Merry Christmas Angelica" Lupin smiles warmly at me, his eyes are tired and sore as he reaches for the hand of the woman besides him.

I recognise her from my time at Grimauld Place but her name seems to have escaped my brain. I smile across at her anyway and look for an empty seat.

"Here Angelica sit here" Bill stands up and gestures to his spot "I'm going to search for Ginny and Fleur they've both been missing for a while and I'm worried one of them may be dead." The humour doesn't reach his eyes however as he walks from the room.

I sit down awkwardly in his spot between Charlie and Harry.

The room falls into a deep silence before Ron clears his throat.

"So how have your Christmas holidays been so far Angelica?" He adds a log to the fireplace as he smiles across at me.

Cold fear seeps into me as I think back over my holiday so far. Torture, duels and mind assault. I shrug my shoulders at Ron "oh um you know. It's been hard, but it's been okay."

The woman besides Lupin sits up looking at me "where have you been spending it?"

I gulp audibly as all the eyes turn towards me "oh um I was asked to go to The Malfoy Manor." I look down at my feet.

The woman sits up "what?"

I look up to meet her eyes "my fath- Voldemort" a collective flinch spreads through out the group apart from Harry who remains very still.

I continue on "um he asked for me to come. Well not so much asked but summoned me."

The woman looks towards Lupin her eyes wide "who else is there?"

I raise my eyebrows confused at her questioning "well Draco and his mother, although I haven't actually seen her yet. Then it's just the occasional death eater really." I wrap my arms around myself as the memory of Bellatrix's torture flashes before me, even the thought of makes bile rise in my throat. I can't bring myself to say her name, not out loud. Not to Harry.

The woman watches me very carefully, I drag my eyes away from her and look into the large fireplace.

"Right well you're here now Angelica" Charlie nudges me gently with his elbow "you're safe now and surrounded by people who care for you."

Fred smiles widely at me "plus mums making one hell of a roast dinner."

"A Christmas dinner to end all dinners" George chuckles.

Ron stands up "speaking of I'm going to go see if she needs anything."

Fred and George stand up also muttering about helping out before they get a slipper thrown at them again.

Charlie laughs at his brothers before standing up slowly his large frame leaving a big gap of space besides me.

"I better go to, don't want to be the only brother not helping after all." He offers me a soft smile before he turns and walks from the room whistling to himself.

Harry remains seated besides me his body still and his fixated on a spot on the wall in front of us.

Remus looks at the woman besides him who gives him a pointed look.

Sighing Remus stands up running a hand through his thinning hair "come on Harry. You said you needed to have a chat with Arthur and I didn't you?"

Harry finally drags his eyes away from the wall looking at the thin man before him, he nods silently and walks from the room quickly his eyes avoiding looking at me.

I sigh back into the sofa behind me and kick off my shoes, I pull my feet up onto the sofa clutching my knees tightly against me.

The woman shakes her bright coloured hair out around her "I'm sorry you're at the manor."

I raise my eyebrows "it's not so bad really."

She frowns at me "don't lie to me. You can pretend it's fine all you want but I know the truth. I'm guessing my aunt is there?"

"Your aunt?" I rack my brain as I try to connect the dots.

"Bellatrix? She's my mothers sister."

I try to hide my surprise as the pieces slowly fall into place.

"Right. Yes she is, how did you know?"

She shrugs her shoulders "regardless of the fact it's the only place she has to go, you also show all the signs. All the signs of the Black family torture." She stands up from her seat and moves to besides me on the sofa "my mother may have escaped in time but I learnt enough from my Uncle Sirius. He told me how they worked, how they operated, how they used dark magic to tear away at your soul. It's slower than a dementors kiss but it all ends the same."

I bite my lip "I've only seen her once. It's fine. It's nothing I can't handle."

The woman sighs and reaches her hand out to me "I know you can, but it doesn't mean you have to." She looks towards the closed door and then back to me "my uncle told me how he survived it, how he managed to stay light and good after all their years of torture."

I feel myself leaning forwards slightly.

"You need to find something you love, something that is the good part of you." She smiles at me softly "can you think of anything?"

I run my tongue over my teeth as I think "I don't know" I shrug my shoulders annoyed "I suppose the only person I really love at the moment is Blaise." I look into the fireplace "but truthfully I think I'm still angry at him. I don't feel like I've forgiven him for randomly ignoring me because I left him in the summer. I love him a lot but I know the anger is still there." I turn back to her "would that work?"

She watches me sympathetically "no. You need a clear, strong love. One that is only connected to the best parts of you. One that will keep you grounded and rooted when that darkness tries to take you."

I cross my arms annoyed "well what did Sirius think of? Did he tell you?"

The woman smiles warmly "he did. He thought if James and Remus. Of their friendship and the love they all had for each other. He thought of Lily and her friends and the little friendship group they all had." She squeezes my hand before standing up "he told me that he mostly thought about your mother. Even when his brother was dating her and they were engaged he always thought about her, she was the strongest root he had to happiness and he relied on her."

She walks from the room leaving me to sit and think about what she has said.

"Thank you for inviting me to stay for lunch Mrs Weasley, this is all looks so delicious." I smile at the kind woman who stands by the sink looking down at her craftsmanship.

Harry and Remus enter together and take a seat at the table with Mr Weasley taking the seat at the head of it. Soon Ron, George and Fred follow taking the next three seats. Mrs Weasley sits in the middle of the table with the woman who spoke to me (who I have now worked out is called Tonks) sat opposite her.

"Mum is smells delicious" a flurry of ginger hair enters the kitchen, Ginny smiles widely as she takes in the table her freckles lining her rosy cheeks.

Her eyes meet mine and she stops in her tracks, she looks towards Harry at the table before looking back at me.

"I didn't know you were coming." Her voice isn't cold but her smile has slowly dropped off her face.

Mrs Weasley chuckles "yes it was a last minute surprise."

Fred takes a swig of his drink "and thankfully so."

George nods "no one should be spending their Christmas in bloody Malfoy Manor alone with you-know-poo."

I raise my eyebrows "I'm sorry? You-know-poo?"

Fred laughs loudly "oh yeah it's a new invention of ours." He pulls out a plastic tub from his jacket, he throws it across to me as I read the writing.

U-no-poo - Constipation Solution

I smile down at the product as I hand it back to Fred gently.

Mrs Weasley tuts "I don't like it. You're going to end up killed for that."

Ginny smirks as she takes a seat besides Tonks "it's just a bit of fun mum. I'm sure you-know-who has other things to be focusing on." Her eyes slide to me but she stays silent as she reaches for her drink.

I remain standing at the end of the table wanting to put as much distance between myself and the Weasley daughter. It's never easy going from best friends to practically strangers and I'm not sure I can face any forced small talk with her today.

Thankfully before I have to move towards the table Bill enters the room with a beautiful blonde girl.

As we meet eyes I feel myself smiling widely "Fleur!"

The French girl smiles back at me and rushes to embrace me "oh my Merlin Angelica!" Her accent is as thick as ever as she pulls away.

"I can't believe you're here" I smile at the girl as the memories of spending time with her, Cedric and Viktor flash back to me. Cedric always made sure to invite me to the champions meetings when we were together and seeing as Harry barely turned up I was usually left with Fleur whilst Cedric talked quidditch with Krum.

"I am surprised to see you!" She takes a seat at the table pulling me down besides her. She looks across at Bill who is watching us both carefully "I suppose you may not know but Bill and I are together now."

I see out of the corner of my eye both Mrs Weasley and Ginny rolling their eyes. Interesting.

I smile at her fondly "that's lovely. How comes you're not in France spending the holidays with your family? I remember you saying that your father loved Christmas."

She smiles sadly "yes he does. But with everything going on I thought it was best I was hear with Bill, in case we are needed for anything."

I feel Charlie silently slide in besides me, he talks across the table to Bill as everyone else's conversations slowly pick up also. Food is handed around and music is playing softly in the background.

Magic crackers are pulled, party hats are put on and laughter slowly fills the room. Fleur tells me all about her younger sister, asks how I am and speaks about her Christmas' back in France.

I find myself laughing with her as we remember some of the happier events from the tournament.

"Angelica darling eat some more" Mrs Weasley places another piece of ham on my still very full plate.

I offer her an apologetic smile "sorry Mrs Weasley it is all very delicious I just don't have much of an appetite these days."

The chatter in the kitchen seems to quiet a bit as they all begin to throw me sympathetic looks.

Cringing from the attention I turn my attention to the window.

I freeze and pull my wand out of my pocket, Charlie seems to see my reaction first and does the same standing up towards the window.

Lupin bolts upright along with Mr Weasley.

"Molly dear" Arthur's voice is full of confusion as he points his wand at the window "did you happen to invite Percy to dinner?"

Molly with her back to the window smiles widely "I did! Oh I'm so glad he came, everyone move along so we can make room for him."

Arthur shakes his head "and did our son happen to mention that he would also be bringing the Minister for Magic?"

Everyone in the kitchen seems to go still as we turn towards the wooden door. Three slow knocks sound as we all remain frozen.

Bill stands up slowly before walking towards the door I look down the table towards Lupin my eyes wide "should I be here?"

Lupin shrugs his shoulders "I think it's too late for anything else."

Charlie sighs annoyed as he angles his body to partially block me from view. Thankfully I am barely visible behind his massive frame.

The door swings open and Mrs Weasley walks forward "oh Percy! I am so glad you came, come in come in."

Mr Weasley stands up from the head of the table and walks towards the front door, he comes to a stop and I notice that is standing to the right of Charlie also blocking me from view.

"Minister, what a surprise. Merry Christmas." Mr Weasley's voice is lacking his usual joy as he watches the man in front of him carefully.

"Merry Christmas everyone. I am very sorry to interrupt the festivities." The minister looks around the room his eyes focusing on Harry and Harry only.

Mrs Weasley offers him a smile "no apologies necessary. We are just glad that our missing puzzle piece is here" she reaches towards Percy and pushes him down into the end seat of the table. Within seconds a full heaped up plate is sat before him, Percy clutches his briefcase tightly against his chest leaning away from the table slightly.

The Minister for Magic smiles slowly "yes of course. It's always good to be around family for the holidays." He extends a hand towards Harry "Mr Potter I was hoping I could speak to you in private."

Lupin places his hand on Harrys shoulder as Mr Weasley now shifts slightly closer to him also.

"I don't think that would be appropriate Minister" Arthur looks towards Harry before back at the man before us.

The Minister smiles coldly "it will only take a minute." Before waiting for an answer he looks towards the doorway to the living room "this way is it?" He walks swiftly down the hallway closing the door behind him.

Harry sighs as he stands up offering both Lupin and Mr Weasley a tense smile before following the man into the living room and shutting the door behind him.

Mrs Weasley continues to fuss over Percy who awkwardly sits there avoiding eye contact with us all.

I shift in my seat and look towards the back door.

"I need some fresh air" I stand quickly from my hiding spot behind Charlie's back and walk from the house before I can see the look on Percy's face.

"Go with her son" I hear Arthur order before I turn out of the back door and walk across the muddy path circling the house.

"Angelica wait" heavy footsteps sounds behind me and I turn to see Charlie jogging towards me.

"I really did just want some fresh air" I gesture to the sky.

He smirks and I see the resemblance between him and the twins in those mere seconds. He grabs my wrist and pulls me back towards the house.

"Duck down and stay quiet" he whispers as we reach the windows of the living room. He reaches up and pulls at the window gently easing it open by a few centimetres.

He pulls something out of his pocket smiling at me "Fred slipped this in my hand on the way out" he passes me a piece of string and on the other end hangs a human looking ear.

I flinch back at the grossness as Charlie threads the ear through the gap in the window.

I stare at him wide eyed and confused as he separates the string in my hand into two threads. He places one inside his ear and hands me the other, I stand still unsure as to what the hell I'm supposed to do next.

He rolls his eyes and sighs as he gently takes my hand guiding the string into my ear, as soon as he does the voices start.

"We need you to show your support for us Mr Potter, people see you as some kind of hero and to show you are standing with the Ministry will help with morale." The minsters voice floats towards me as though I am in the room with them.

Harry laughs coldly "oh so now you all need me? But a year ago I was see as a liar, a story teller and an attention seeker. Where was the ministry support then?"

"Those were mistakes." The minsters voice has become short and sharp "we need you now."

"Well I won't do it" Harrys voice is full of anger "I won't pretend that we are working together."

The Minister sighs loudly "pathetic. You really are Dumbledore's man through and through aren't you boy?"

Harrys voice is full of resentment as he responds back "yes. I suppose I am."

"So you won't stand with us?"

"I have a question for you minister. What about the innocent people being arrested, being used as scapegoats. What will happen to them?"

The room is silent as the fire crackles in the background.

Harry laughs "that's what I thought."  He seems to stand up as his voice louder than before "and what of Angelica. Say Voldemort loses, what do you intend to do with her?"

The minister clears his throat "nothing has been decided yet."

Harry tuts loudly "that's a lie Minister. Tell me the truth, what does your Ministry intend to do with her?"

"Well what do you think boy!" The Ministers voice is raised "what do you expect us to do with her? She is you-know-who's daughter! She carries his blood, she is his heir. If we get rid of him she will be the next in line."

My blood runs cold as I meet Charlie's eyes, he looks at me his eyes full of sadness.

Harrys voice cuts through me his words cold "so you plan to kill her?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

The Minister sucks in a deep breath "you need to wake up boy. She isn't the girl you grew up with, the fake sister you were lied into believing you had. This girl is the daughter of the man who murdered your parents and countless others. She is most likely being trained by him this very second. As we speak she is probably in whatever cave he lives in torturing muggles and killing for fun." The Minister moves "she is evil Mr Potter. It is rooted in her blood. To think that you-know-who would not use her is naive. You need to distance yourself from her and realise that when it comes down to it she won't choose you."

I tear the string from my ear and step backwards my eyes burning with tears.

Charlie's reaches his hand out towards me as he shuts the window the ear now back in his hand.

"Angelica wait" he steps towards me but it is too late I am already heading back to the wooden door.

"I'm fine I just need to a minute." I jog into the house avoiding all of the eyes watching me "I need to go to the toilet." I declare to the room of people sat around the kitchen table.

I run for the staircase and stumble up it onto the second floor. Wrenching open the door I fall into the small bathroom collapsing onto the floor with my back against the cracked bath tub.

I stay say there on the cold tile floors as I hear voices within the kitchen rise and lower, a large slam is heard and I know that the Minister and Percy have finally left.

Three soft knocks sound on the bathroom door and I look up to see Fleur walking into the room a sad smile on her face.

"I wanted to check on you, everyone told me to leave you alone but I did not care." She slides down onto the floor opposite me her back against the damp wall. "What's wrong?"

I offer her a sad smile "I'm okay."

She tuts angrily and shakes her head "no you are not" her French accent makes it feel as though Blaise is opposite me scolding me "it is okay that you are not you know?"

I shrug "okay then I'm not." I look at the blonde girl and feel myself unwinding "I'm alone. I am so fucking alone Fleur. The only family I have alive is a psychotic, evil wizard who has killed hundreds of people. The Death Eaters are all waiting to either kill me, torture me or fuck me."

Fleur flinches and her eyes widen slightly.

"Oh yeah I can see inside all of their sick heads, these disgusting men who see me as a prize to be won. The idea of The Dark Lords daughter carrying their child is some kind of sick fantasy to them." I cross my arms angrily "then there is the Order. The group of people who will never truly trust me, no matter what I do or say. I see it on their faces, I'm his daughter. Why would they trust me?"

I throw my hands up annoyed "and now even the Ministry of Magic have me on some kind of fucked up hit list. They plan to kill me the next chance they get." I feel tears run down my cheeks "everyone leaves me. Blaise did, Poppy did, Ginny did and now Draco is. Draco the one person who stated he was with me till the end. That it is me and him against the world. He ignores me and shuts me out.

Harry pretends he's okay with me but I can feel how on edge he is around me. Tonks told me I need to find someone I love, someone I can chain my memories too but I don't have anyone. Everyone I love ends up leaving me behind. They remove themselves from my life because they all see me as the root cause of evil."

I wipe angrily at my face "the only person who ever loved every part of me was Cedric." I meet her eyes "Cedric saw me as I was and still loved me. You know I haven't felt true peace or love since that day he died. That day that something within me died also. A light within me died that day and people can sense it. They can feel the bad growing within me. A darkness has taken hold of me and everyday it pulls me deeper and deeper towards it."

I sob as I pull my legs against my chest "I need Cedric back, I need to feel loved unconditionally again."

Fleur sighs and reaches for my hand "I'm so sorry Angelica." She wipes my tears gently "but you're wrong."

I lean away from her as I take in her words.

She smiles at me sadly "of course Cedric loved you so much, but he loved a different version of you. He loved a young girl who was full of light and laughter and was full of hope. Nothing had hurt you at that point, nothing truly monumental. But now you have changed, Cedric's death has changed you. Of course you have darkness within you, we all do. You need someone who sees every part of you and loves you anyway.

You need someone who loves the darkness and the light. Someone who isn't afraid by this new version of you. You are still mourning for the fifteen year old girl who didn't experience death. Now you are nearly an adult, you have experienced death and pain and hurt. You have moulded into a new, stronger version and yes that may include darkness but that's okay."

I bite my lip as I nod along with her "thank you Fleur, thank you for listening to me and for talking to me."

I stand up and offer her a hand "it was nice to feel understood."

We walk from the bathroom together and head back to the kitchen of the Burrow. Every face turns to us expectantly and I offer them all sad smiles.

"I want to thank you all for a wonderful Christmas but I have to be going." I squeeze Fleur's hand.

"No!" Charlie shakes his head "you can't go back there!"

I shrug my shoulders "I have to. Otherwise I risk bringing him here."

Fred looks towards his parents "we can hide her. We can surely, we did Sirius!"

George nods in agreement "she can't go back there."

Mr Weasley stays silent as he watches me carefully "I think Angelica is right. This isn't like how it was for Sirius."

I nod in agreement as cold fear sets in "he won't stop until he finds me. He will kill and torture for my location." I look around the room and my eyes land on Harry "I won't let anyone die for me.  Plus Draco is there and I can't leave him alone."

Harry nods "I get it."

I look at Ginny now my eyes piercing hers "will you look after my cat for me? The Manor isn't exactly pet friendly."

Ginny nods and reaches for Moody who is resting on the chair in front of her "of course I will."

I smile at Charlie and Fleur "thank you both. For every thing." I walk towards the exit and pick up my broom on the way. "Thank you Mr and Mrs Weasley for having me, I'll see you all soon I'm sure."

As I open the wooden door I meet eyes with Tonks who watches me sadly, I can see the resemblance to Narcissa in her eyes as she offers me a very sympathetic smile.

"Merry Christmas everyone" I turn around and walk from the Burrow before I can change my mind.

Climbing on my broom I push up from the ground and fly easily into the cloudy sky, I turn round one last time to see the golden glow of warmth fading away as I fly higher and higher.

A/N -
An extremlyyy long chapter to make up for the very long wait! Forgive me please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 7.7K 81
What is it that makes a person good? Is it who they are, or how they are raised? The people around me are a mixture of good and bad, my twin brother...
3K 91 77
Angelica Lily Riddle is the secret Daughter of Lily Potter and Tom Riddle (Voldemort). She was sent to Azkaban when her Mother died by her Father to...
4.8K 46 30
Madeline Riddle is the younger sister of Tom Riddle and the twin sister of Mattheo Riddle. After thinking her twin brother betrayed the Death Eaters...
3.6M 145K 62
COMPLETE; don't read if you want fluffy, out-of-character tom. 18+ In 1926, Grindelwald is captured for the first time by Newt Scamander, making his...