Severus Snape POV

By WattsupmyBoi1001

Y/n is Serius Black's child. She lives in a life of lies and misery with her adoptive death eaters. Her speci... More

Y/n's 1st Year Being a 6th Year at Hogwarts
Mommy Issues
Serius Black's Child
The Horribly Cursed Day
Voldemort's Task
Y/n's Mask
Detention
The Truth
The Lie
Define Nothing

Life or Death?

12 0 0
By WattsupmyBoi1001

Y/n notices a cloak part it's way around Dumbledore's chamber doors. She slithers out of Snape's view as to see who the witness was to the murder. Y/n tries to catch up with the student as he rounds another corner. She hurriedly runs around as a wand suddenly catches her throat. Y/n looks into the blazing eyes of Harry Potter. Her frozen stature relaxes at the sight of him. Y/n tries to come close to him but is taken back by his grip. Y/n chuckles a grin as she lifts her hands in defense. She licks away her null grin. "I saw it all- How dare you not defend him!" Harry backs her into the corner as she searches his pure soul. Her hand carries over his wand as she tears it from her exposed throat. "How dare you not intervene." Y/n grins again at his rageful expression. Her mouth controlled by her conscious. "Well what are you waiting for- Do it!" Y/n's memories speak through her. "Do it!" Harry fears her begging gaze as he backs away. Thoughts mask the silence while his expression turns. "Y/n- I'm... sorry... I wasn't there when you needed someone. If I were only there for you... none of this would have happened. Snape did this... not you." His suppressed rage escapes him as he strides away. He leaves Y/n for her to dwell in confusion.

-

Snape looks for Y/n. She hears his footsteps reach around the corner. Thoughts had consumed time for her as Snape's expression seemed impatient. Her gaze meets his squinted expression. "There... you are." He glances up at the empty hall as he tilts his head back down at her. "It would seem Lord Voldemort has requested for Harry Potter... I don't expect you would know where he may have... slithered off to?" Snape peculiarly stares at her searching gaze. "Should you wish to attempt to aid Mr. Potter, you will be punished... in a manner consistent with the severity of your transgression." "No idea..." Snape brings his glare closer to her hidden stare. "Don't lie to me." Y/n squints at his dull expression, unbelieving his mannerism. Snape oddly straightens at her known silence. "Very well..." He acted as if nothing happened. As if the lies had come from a lie itself.

-

Panicked wizards run around Hogwarts for hope. Little do they know... hope would die that day by Voldemort's hand as Harry Potter lay lifeless in Hagrid's embrace. Little did Y/n know her death would be the cause of a new hope. A sacrifice for the better evil. A sort of... relinquishment of the misery bestowed upon Hogwarts. Fear not... For this will end with a happy ending. I assure you... All of Y/n's pain will end.

-

Y/n feels the air surround Hogwarts with trepidation as her comrades gasp in horror. "Harry Potter... is dead!" Voldemort celebrates with the death eaters as Y/n slithers through his prey. Cries are silenced as Voldemort ascends towards his throne. "And now is the time to declare yourself... Come forward and join us! Or die." Silence burns away the glory as Voldemort grimaces at their defiance. He searches for someone as Y/n meets his gaze. "Mmn... Come, pet. Heal... by your master's side." Y/n meets the glares of her adversaries. The disbelief in them made her question. Y/n meets Hermione's gaze of abandonment as Ron looks at her with treachery. Voldemort grins at her recognition. Draco... was the only one who showed remorse. As he was the only one who knew the side of her story. "Convince your friends who the true enemy is." Finally, Y/n meets Harry's limp gaze in Hagrid's crib. So many people depended on him... like a life line... Now severed. Y/n suddenly mirrors her father's dire wolf. Dreadful screams flee from around her as she saunters through the crowd. "A monster!" "Monster!" "An Animagus!" "Black blood!" "Traitor!" Y/n feels spit slide down her snout as she meets the brave student. Her narrowed eyes reach the depths of his soul as the life of him escapes him. The crowd around her gasps in horror as the student's lifeless body seeps to the ground. "A Basilisk!" She hadn't even realized she had turned while everyone follows, cowering their gazes as she slithers to the only narrowed gaze on her.

"Ah... Well done Black. Well done." Y/n transforms into an albino Nundu as the wizards around her laugh in victory. Y/n feels Voldemort's deathly hand slide down her main as she shivers at his touch. She circles around him, looking in the eyes of her fellow death eaters. Y/n stops at the sight of Snape. His gaze... the same gaze as Ron's and Hermione's. A foreign gaze from comfort or relation... Like he was looking into the eyes of another person... A- murderer. Y/n remembers the innocent soul of the student she had taken earlier. But she also remembers the death eaters, who's meaningless souls she had taken before all of this. (Am I wrong?) The only comfort she had ever known is now looking at her foreignly. (Where did I go wrong? What part of my story had me the antagonist? Was I born as this... monster?)

Y/n's thoughts swarm her enlightenment as she collapses to the ground in her true skin. Y/n suddenly feels her back stab by Voldemort's wand, threateningly. Time slows. Y/n needed someone to understand her. She needed someone to tell her the... truth. Y/n finally realizes that she's been lying to herself. Was it that she wanted to blame herself for all the lies she had once thought were true? Y/n's morality is ever so clear. Though, how? Since... she could not feel before. (How could you construct paper out of ash?) For her heart had been burned to it's last flake. Or More of a shard, really. That would explain the feeling... Yes... The feeling one feels in their heart as it breaks. The feeling of it breaking into shards that cut deep into the soul. The same feeling she had just felt this very moment. Y/n feels herself a tear, as it falls from her opened eyes. If you think about it... Eyes behold the truth of tears that release all the emotions one ever feels. Funny how Y/n was just too naive to realize the simplicity of her ever existence. Not that she was dying- Everyone dies at some point. No... More like her whole life was about her surviving. She now knew why she was Obliviated. Voldemort was scared of her... He knows Y/n's pain is her power. He feared her motive to be able to live another day in hell... Another day closer to seeking revenge. (Well... revenge is such an... atrocious term. Yet... so... justifiable.) Y/n feels herself grin at the thought.

"Sigh... You can never truly make an insubordinate pet obey... Sometimes you need to put the bitch down instead." Voldemort laughs with the other death eaters as Y/n feels Voldemort's Cruciatus curse escape his wand. (The Cruciatus curse? I thought he wished me dead?) She slows down time by transforming into an albino Zouwu, dodging his curse. Her talons swipe Voldemort's wand as he grunts in frustration. Before he can perform wandless magic, Y/n transforms into an albino Basilisk. Y/n strikes him as she is too quick for him. Over and over again, tiring from his impervious figure. She remembers striking him before... How has he no wound? Voldemort laughs, picking up his wand. "You benighted girl- You can never kill me! We are one... You are my horcrux." Y/n freezes. Death eaters knowingly laugh psychotically. (What?) Y/n transforms into her hopeless self as the crowd of vultures gaze at her.

Voldemort's attention is soon adverted, as he aims his wand at a boy's curse to immunity. "Ah! Isn't it the boy who survived... two curses now. Might I ask... If it is you who is a curse?" Voldemort grimaces in annoyance. Harry Potter jumps from Hagrid's aghast embrace. "One thing about curses... Nothing can counter them." Y/n has an idea as she suddenly turns into an albino Zouwu. She lurches herself towards Harry Potter's disarmed self. "Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort yells in frustration. Y/n suddenly notices Snape's sudden gaze. His expression seemed to reflect her idea as he lunges for her through the crowd in defiance. Relief jolts through out Y/n's body as she suddenly drops to the ground. The green aurora from the curse absorbs around her while she transforms back into herself. "No!" Voldemort feels his last horcrux bond break. Voldemort grasps his hollow rib cage as his blazing gaze burns at Harry. Harry has the time as he heeds to his wand next to him. Anger overwhelms Voldemort as he charges at him. Voldemort abruptly casts another killing curse at him, making Harry reflect a Priori Incantatem.

-

Y/n feels herself disapparate to the Dark Woods. The calm wind touches her tears, making Y/n's heart shiver at it's gentle reach. (Who knew death would be so... comforting.) Her vision wavers a blur as she feels herself letting go. Y/n notices a figure's touch caressing her in despair as she looks up into the reddened eyes of Snape. Y/n weakly smiles at him as her hand reaches for his chest. His hand goes over hers to keep it from falling. His warm tears trickle down his betraying gaze. Her heart hasn't felt so alive before. Y/n hears their hearts syncing as her own starts to mimic Death's. "Thank you..." (For making me feel my heart again.) Snape betrays his emotions as he brings Y/n closer to his heartbeat. "No- Don't..." Y/n's eyes start to accept the dark as Snape gently shake her out of his nightmare. (That... word again... ) "Y/n-" Snape croaks. Y/n fights her time as she breaths her final breath. "Don't... blame yourself..." Y/n's limp hand breaks away from Snape as the darkness welcomes her with open arms. The binding vow that was once unbreakable suddenly falters between them. The terms had been broken since Y/n didn't die by another's hand unwillingly. She had died willing to sacrifice herself for the better evil.

-

• The End •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 140 15
Severus and Laura made it through another year, but as Voldemort gets closer to taking over Hogwarts, Severus and Laura's relationship will be put to...
43.8K 1.3K 25
[y/n] [l/n], an 18 year old girl from America transfers to Hogwarts in her 6th year of her wizard schooling in an attempt to build a new life and fle...
64.1K 2.5K 20
TW: seriously this story contains a little bit of everything that may trigger you. Idk I was in a dark place. Alex has just been through the worst tw...
115K 3.4K 103
Professor Severus Snape, the foul tempered Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has lived a controlled and solitary life. Wh...