Acceleration (Yusei Fudo x Cl...

By Dragon-Pheonix123

Yusei will do anything to get Stardust Dragon back, but unexpectedly he never thought he meet his childhood f... More

Chapter 1: On Your Mark, Get Set, DUEL!
Chapter 2: Creepy Crawlies
Chapter 3: Pipe Dreams
Chapter 4: A Blast From the Past: Part 1
Chapter 5: A Blast From the Past: Part 2
Chapter 6: The Facility: Part 1
Chapter 7: The Facility - Part 2
Chapter 8: Fire It Up!
Chapter 9: The Lockdown Duel: Part 1
Chapter 10: The Lockdown Duel: Part 2
Chapter 11: The Take Back: Part 1
Chapter 12: The Take Back: Part 2
Chapter 13: A Duel to Remember
Chapter 14: Bloom of the Black Rose
Chapter 15: Welcome to the Fortune Cup
Chapter 16: Battle with the Flame-Wing
Chapter 17: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 18: Return to the Spirit World
Chapter 19: Second Round Showdown: Part 1
Chapter 20: Second Round Showdown: Part 2
Chapter 21: Dueling Minds
Chapter 22: Blood Vengeance Part 1
Chapter 23: Blood Vengeance Part 2
Chapter 25: Duel of the Dragons & Dragon-Phoenix Part 2
Chapter 26: The Fortune Cup Finale - Part 1
Chapter 27: The Fortune Cup Finale - Part 2
Chapter 28: A Web of Deceit - Part 1
Chapter 29: A Web of Deceit - Part 2
Chapter 30: Fight or Flight
Chapter 31: The Reunion Duel
Chapter 32: Dark Signs - Part 1
Chapter 33: Dark Signs- Part 2
Chapter 34: Dark Signs- Part 3
Chapter 35: Dark Signs- Part 4
Chapter 36: A Sky Full of Stars
Chapter 37: Clash of the Dragons & Dragon-Phoenix - Part 1
Chapter 38: Clash of the Dragons & Dragon-Phoenix - Part 2
Chapter 39:The Signs of Time
Chapter 40: Surely You Jest
Chapter 41: Mark of the Spider - Part 1
Chapter 42: Mark of the Spider - Part 2
Chapter 43: Mark of the Monkey - Part 1
Chapter 44: Mark of the Monkey - Part 2
Chapter 45: Mark of the Monkey - Part 3
Chapter 46: Mark of the Monkey - Part 4
Chapter 47: A Whale of a Ride - Part 1
Chapter 48: A Whale of a Ride - Part 2
Chapter 49: A Whale of a Ride - Part 3
Chapter 50: A Score to Settle - Part 1
Chapter 51- A Score to Settle - Part 2
Chapter 52: Destiny's Will - Part 1
Chapter 53: Destiny's Will - Part 2
Chapter 54: Embrace the Feeling
Chapter 55: Truth and Consequences - Part 1
Chapter 56: Truth and Consequences - Part 2
Chapter 57: Signs of Doom - Part 1
Chapter 58: Signs of Doom - Part 2
Chapter 59: Signs of Doom - Part 3

Chapter 24: Duel of the Dragons & Dragon-Phoenix Part 1

617 8 1
By Dragon-Pheonix123

"Um, I'd like your attention please!" the MC's voice boomed throughout the stadium. "The next few matches will be delayed due to a damaged stadium. We appreciate your patience as we do a quick fix to patch things up for our next duels. We expect everything to be finished in a few hours. We will keep all competitors informed. Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

"What's the plan now?" Lazar spread his hands, and then crossed them in a huff. "Miss Izinski was the perfect opponent for Clarice, and yet here we are!"

"Patience, Lazar," Goodwin folded his hands together. "You don't break open a child all at once. You exploit the cracks you've made."

Jack frowned at this comment. "Like an egg?" Lazar closed his eyes for a long moment.

"Yes, I suppose it is, Jack," Goodwin said patiently. Goodwin tugged on his glove. He watched footage from the previous matches with an analyzer's eye.

Clarice versus Sir Ransborg.

Yusei versus Hunter.

Luna versus the Professor

 Akiza versus Koda,

 Yusei versus Griger,

Clarice versus Akiza...

"Pause."

The footage of the end of Clarice's duel with Akiza stopped. Through the smoke the camera had caught four people on the arena. Not two.

"Zoom in." The camera zoomed into the image. Clarice, Akiza, Sayer, and Yusei came into focus. Akiza on her knees, Yusei on his way to Clarice and Sayer... Sayer with his hand on her arm, and the expression on Clarice's face. "Interesting," Goodwin folded his hands together. The tiniest of smirks on his face.

"Director?" Lazar spoke up.

"Lazar, I have a task for you."

"What do you want, clown?" Sayer adjusted his coat. Goodwin's stooge had found him on his way back into the stadium. Normally, Sayer would have packed things up and left after Akiza's loss.

Normally.

Except the Crimson Dragon was here. After years of the untapped power disappearing. Now here she was. "To ask you for a favor," Lazar broke into one of his signature, sneaky smirk.

"Last I checked, Goodwin was under my thumb."

"Of course," Lazar said quickly. "But perhaps we have..." He pulled a photo out of his sleeve. "Similar goals?"

Sayer broke into a smirk of his own. He made sure not a hair on his head was out of place. "Let's get one thing straight. I do what I do for me and my movement. Not for Goodwin. If you happen to get something out of it, that's just a happy coincidence."

Lazar inclined his head. "Naturally."

///

Meanwhile, Clarice was washing off the purple blood off her temple and all over her face. She fixed her hair, putting it back in position. Looking up reflecting all those times she never felt so much emotion running through her mind.

She never thought that she would go overkill in her duel, and now she's going to face Yusei in the duel. Finishing up her last step and head out the restroom.

 "Hello there, Clar."

Clarice stopped so suddenly her high-knee boots squeaked on the floor. She'd been headed out of the arena to face Yusei in order to face Jack.

But Sayer was in the way. Leaning casually against the vending machine. Like he had all the time in the world.

"Oh, great. The black-hearted bitch itself." Clarice sounded bored but felt strong enough to watch carefully about this lustful bastard.

"Don't be like that," Sayer flashed his teeth, approaching her like a hunter. "It's been years since we saw each other last."

"You mean when you try to force power in your own will."

Sayer ignored her. "And you've grown up into quite the young lady..." His fingers found the top hem of her new jacket, skirting across her chest as he circled around her. "And these wings..." Sayer's fingers had stopped at Clarice's shoulder. His other hand traced the wings of the Dragon-Phoenix visible on Clarice's back. "Just as beautiful as I remember..."

"You dare touch me..." Clarice feeling her hatred growing again.

She wasn't really easy to get scared yet she resist so strong. His fingers creep up her neck. Her revulsion turning to anger at his fingers curling around her cheek and chin. His touch like he was coating her in bugs and tar.

"I could have made you legendary," Sayer whispered into her ear. His smile venomous, greedy.

"Why don't we catch u- Gah!" Sayer's hands came off Clarice like he'd been burned. She punch him rapidly and grab his throat harshly making him hit to the walls.

Blood seeping out from him choking out the air while Clarice dug her nails, clawing, crushing his vocal pipe. "Let's make this one thing clear." her voice becoming darker then his which Sayor could feel fear in his mind. "I'm not stupid enough to know about Goodwin's plot, but if you touch me again. I'll kill you right now!"

Sayor struggle from her hold even though he's really about to pass out. Who knew that this girl had so much strength to be able to easily resist the mind manipulation. "Now if I remember correctly years back, you took one of my family member that almost lost their life. And it's all your fault." Clarice spat. "So I'm going to do the most painful treatment you will never be able to move again."

Clarice continue to tighten her hold around his neck making more blood seep down his neck. "Now which one should I cut off first?" She click her Saber-blade drawing fourth his neck. "You're limbs, the arms, or better yet how about I chop off your head?"

Sayor feels more scared when Clarice's voice sound really insane. Eye's widen in fear and shaking like a soak up dead animal.

And thankfully it's over because Yusei came by and grab Clarice's arm and pull her away to put her behind him.

"Next time, I break it off, if you dare come near her again." Yusei snarled, before literally kicking Sayor away.

"What?" Sayer regained his composure quickly while coughing up some air. He dusted off his jacket. "We were just catching up."

"Didn't look like it to me." Yusei retorted.

Sayor licked his lips. He sniffed and straightened up when Yusei deliberately push Clarice further away. "I believe we will catch up some other time, Clarestia." He smoothed a few stray hairs, and his smile, back into place. "When your guard dog has the day off."

"Go to oblivion shit-head." Clarice vowed that Sayor's future will be eradicated from existence.

Sayer smiled to himself though he could feel himself shaking under her deep voice. 'You're welcome, Goodwin. Your next duel will be just as interesting as you want. But don't forget: the Dragon-Phoenix is mine...'

It took a minute for that sick bastard to go away, but what both Yusei and Clarice did not know was that how close they really are.

Clarice's eyes darted away from Yusei, but her cheeks flushed pink. As did his. Yusei had to look away in fear he'd give away his burning face, and his burning urge to push Clarice up against the wall to kiss her until neither of them could breathe anymore. He wanted to, despite their company and where they were, but...the scenario was definitely more likely to succeed in his imagination than real life.

"I told you it was a left! Hey Yusei! Found you!" Leo grinned brightly, interrupting the heated interaction. Leo's eyes went wide when he found Yusei but he came to a stop when he caught sight of Clarice. "Ah! It's the She-devil!"

"Leo, she's not a devil." Yusei patiently defend Clarice.

"Sorry  force of habit." Leo hung his head low.

Luna came behind Leo and get a glimpse of Clarice's full body view. Luna admit she was beautiful even though everyone thinks she's scary. But to Luna there was something else...but what?

And she had her answer as Clarice took her gaze down at her a second ago before she turn away. Luna was surprised that Clarice's whole demeanor has change into a soften look and yet there's a bit of....loneliness.

"Are you doing okay? Did he hurt you?" Yusei's voice had done a one-eighty to soft and quiet.

"I'm fine. That shit-head just wanted to test my strength." Clarice went soft to cold. The question was quite the change from the light-hearted atmosphere.

"I mean, your duel with Akiza. It didn't just scar you now. You knew how to make her feel pain, and it hurts seeing her now. Your duel was painful."

She rest her hand on her hip turning away not looking at Yusei. "Unlike other people, I don't feel pain. I may not know what other people feel, but I know deep down that my pain was already shattered. All that's left is an empty void. Fudo once we duel, and if I win....do not come near me again when I take down Jack."

Clarice left Yusei alone once again like every time. Something in Clarice's chest twinged. 'I can't love him. I just can't. It will destroy him...Like Satherin...'

Lazar watch everything and chuckles to himself 'She's already in a breaking point.'

"What does he want?" Yusei asked Lazar which he plays dumb not to know. "Goodwin. What does he want with Clarice?" Yusei asked in order to understand what will happen if something happens to Clarice.

"Did you not get the memo?" Lazar mocked. "I've could have sworn we meant to keep you both posted. So sorry about that?" with that he just left like nothing happened.

"That Clarice girl creeps me out." Leo said.

"She seems so lonely." Luna look down

"Something wrong?" Yusei asked and notices Luna rub her arm.

"Um my arm kind of stings or something. Whenever that girl looks at me I feel all weird and stuff."

Yusei raised a brow in confused way. Sure all the question seems to make him think of what Clarice is. But the question is; Why? Why and what is it that made Clarice into a cold vengeful person.

If only he could talk to one of her brothers.

/////

Clarice was shuffle her cards or target practice throwing daggers on a Jack Atlus poster on the head with a manikin. Waiting in till the MC announce  the final- round against her and Yusei.

She's been in deep thought. Every time no matter, she kept thinking of what happen before she came here.

A flashback when she kills a demon who used to be human. She drenched in blood throw her navy blue coat and then a helicopter shine a spotlight down at her.

It was an first experience killing another. But no matter if people start attacking her, she will always know how to recounted every last one of them.

It made her think that somehow both demons and humans are all alike. They are all nothing more than greedy, unforgivable empty shells. Betrayal to the end until dust.

She never felt calm in her life right now. But deep down she was angry. She swore once she makes Jack pay. She whisper to his ear so that every echo in her voice will become a nightmare when he wakes up and feel nothing like she did.

///

Meanwhile to Yusei who was sitting there thinking of a way to get Clarice back.

 'Clarice...with the power of my deck, I know I can help you overcome the hate and anger that Jack put you through, but first I have to figure out why you don't want to be saved.' Yusei look by his arm. 'You say that you're a killer because of what you've become. Because you're power caused you to be alone. But whatever you've been through, you are not a killer. Your power is something to help others whenever they have difficult times.'

'And I'm sure Goodwin knows why and something tells me those characters who hang around you know what's going on too. Everyone is out to use us somehow and we can't let that happen. We've got to come together. Like a team or something. That includes you Clarice... I need to use our duel to understand your true intention... but in order to do that I have to figure you out. Who you truly are and what made you this way.'

'I don't want to have to go full force, but if it means tearing down that wall you built around yourself...I'll do it...for the both of us.'

'And then...after this battle, I need to get Jack on our side too.'

///

"Yeah! It's finally time for the finals! Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, we're ready to proceed with the final round of the Fortune Cup! Whoever wins this will go on to duel our one and only champion, Jack Atlas!

"And now the flame of rebellion, the scorching burning wings, the dragon-phoenix, it's Ms. Clarice Ng!" the MC announced.

Clarice cross her arms and her platform rose up to the duel field.

Yusei sighed. He pulled out his deck. 'Stardust Dragon... Will I have to use you? Something doesn't feel right about this duel.'

"Challenging Ms. Ng's is the Shooting Star from the Satellite Sector: Yusei Fudo!"

In a burst of smoke, Yusei rose onto the field and joined Clarice.

"Every card has led us to this moment the final round of The Fortune Cup is about to begin!"

"Time to duel!" both duelists cried.

They both draw five cards ready to beat.

Yusei: 4000

Clarice: 4000

"I'll start things off!" Clarice declared, drawing a card. "Here I go! I summon Flame-Wing Sky Bird to the field! Next I'll place two cards facedown and end my turn! Your move, Fudo!"

(Flame-Wing Sky Bird: Atk: 1500 Def: 900)

"My  move then!" Yusei drew and examined his hand. "And I counter by playing  Speed Warrior in attack mode! On the turn Speed Warrior is summon, It's attack points are doubled"

Speed warrior ATK points raise up to 1800.

"Speed Warrior shred Flame-Wing Sky Bird!"

"I activate  the face down trap card: Gravity Bind! If I have a level four or higher monster you cannot attack!"

Yusei scowled and sent his monster to the graveyard. Okay, she's at the top of her game. "I end my turn. It's your move Clarice."

"Gladly...hah!" Clarice cried, and drew her next card. "And since Sky Bird is a level 4 monster  I get to summon another one, so I call out Flame-Wing Pegasus to the field! I end my turn."

(Flame-Wing Pegasus : Atk: 800 Def: 1000)

'She's planning on something.' "My move. And I'm sending Speed Warrior to my Graveyard, in order to summon: My Turret Warrior! And due to my Turret's special ability it now gains the attack points of my Speed Warrior. Looks like Sky Bird is about to get crushed. Turret Warrior attack"

"Even so my Sky Bird is destroyed you activate a Trap card Blossom Flame Net to block attack you. Anything else?"

Yusei scowled. "No. I'm done for now."

"Well that's a shame. I draw, and from my hand I'm activating Heaven's Wheel spell card! With the power of this spell I summon out Flame Wind Walker. But now I'm gonna do a little bring about for a replacement. So  I advance summon Twilight Flare Wing KNight!"

(Twilight Flare Wing Knight: Atk: 2200 Def: 1200)

"Twilight Flare Wing Knight attack Turret Warrior. The thing about cosmic fire is that they burn everything within crisis core!"

Twilight Flare Wing Knight slice Turret Warrior!

Yusei: 3900

Clarice: 4000

"Yusei only took one hundred points of damage from that attack, but I've got a feeling that Flame-Wing's strategy is about to burn into something far more terrifying!"

"That was only a bitter attack.  Twilight Flare Wing Knight 's special ability will multiply the amount of attack receive. Since you have four cards in your hand you will take more damage you get!"

"I hope your watching Jack Atlus." she called out to the traitor. "Because I am about to turn this world into a pile of nothing but death!" Clarice let out her anger. "Twilight Flare Wing Knight attack! Fallen Star Shower!"

Clarice gave the signal as Yusei cover himself for cover from falling meteors. Everyone was bracing for impact and scream. Hell! Even some of the power almost killed Jack from the fire which he too was bracing for impact.

The meteors don't stop until Yusei took a peak at Clarice and realized that their were tears. Real tears falling from her eyes.

'She's crying...' he thought. 'She's really starting to regret to hurting people!'

Once the falling stars are done and over Yusei was on his knee bang up. Smoke kicked up around the impact. A wind gust tore across the arena from the impact. Frightened fans cowered behind the seats in front of them.

Breathing heavily, Yusei pushed himself back up to his feet. He could already feel the bruises the flames had made on his legs and arm. Seeing the dark, anger and rage on Clarice face. Panting so hard using up all her full force.

Yusei: 1500

Clarice: 4000

"Clarice...." Yusei grunted. "I want to help you. I want to be that person to understand what you've been through. And I'm gonna use every card to prove it to you and I'll start by playing Shield Warrior in defense mode. Next I place two cards face and end my turn."

Clarice gritted her teeth. "I think I understand a bit..." Yusei continued. "What made you do this Clarice. Because of all Jack and the people put you through." he remember the tears of her which he probably won't bring that up.

 "And you're doing it."

"Do what?!" Clarice shouted for him to answer.

"You're showing everyone their true side of them." He claimed. "You wanted them to fear you so they could lose control. You wanted to show Jack who's the true real monster within."

The entire stadium had gone silent. This match was dangerous. For more than one reason.

"............" Clarice click her tongue. "I just couldn't lie my way out, can I? It's true." She admitted. "I want the world feel when a demon took a toll on you before they break."

Clarice raise her hand and made a clawing grip towards Yusei "This duel is going to be an all out War! Yusei Fudo! I swear to you that I will end you and take out Atlus' soul!"

To be Continued.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 356 11
Takumi Kazuki's life was filled with Heartache and tragedy from at a young age. Abandoned by his parents Takumi became the sole guardian and protecto...
19.1K 377 14
Paradox wants to destroy the history of Duel Monsters, and one person who knew how to defeat this foe, Jemma Yun Yuki, the daughter of Jaden. She tr...
1.5K 43 6
I don't own the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, all rights belong to Kazuki Takahashi. This story is a fan-fiction and takes place three years after everyt...
4.6K 94 10
Book Cover Made By @yugiohslut This is the story of Yusei's and Jaden's daughter, Kara 'Yuki' Fudo, and her friends were teleported back in time to s...