You're A Keeper (GxG)

By JoBlackheart

Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone els... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Credit

Chapter Three

262 12 9
By JoBlackheart

It was a surprise for Drew that spending lunchtime with Giselle at her secret place was nice and relaxing. Also, Giselle was her first guest to join this place since most of the time she and Amy would occasionally spend their lunchtime at the mall across from their workplace.

Drew was happy that Giselle would share anything freely like an open book, they knew better that they would have more to find out since the one-hour lunch break was limited time for them to do so.

They had traded about their favorite celebrities, and hobbies, and Drew learned that Giselle enjoyed sketching. She even asked Giselle to sketch one of her favorite fictional characters from the ebooks and mangas she had read during her weekend.

Of course, the adorable brunette would never disappoint her senior, happily agreed and told her that she would gladly sketch Drew too as a bonus.

Drew had never felt how much she was appreciated by a newbie who barely knew her a day. They only got to know each other for a few hours, but everything the brunette had done and said was genuine to her.

She appreciated her friendliness junior and she had promised Giselle that she would draw a sketch man version of her in return. Drew was getting adored by the similar trademark happy smile from her junior who happily told her she looked forward to it. 

One hour had passed after the lunch break but Drew still smiled at the cutie's kindness and approachability. However, her mood was slightly uneasy when she heard the mesmerizing footstep she had looked forward to a lot.

Drew had enough of dealing with her awkwardness this morning, she didn't mean to avoid her ex-crush because she knew what she needed was time to overcome it. Amy is still her best friend, and one of the people in this place who care and genuinely treated her as a real friend.

"It's been a long day for today," Amy's gentle voice was always nice to hear, walked in a hurry yet elegantly clung to a few envelope documents with her left forearm and she smiled at her best friend apologetically, "I'm so sorry for the delay. I get caught by Mr. Thorn for a long discussion."

The feeling wasn't as bad as Drew thought, she seemed a little better when Amy was having that cherry smile on her face like she used to, gently took out all the envelope from her forearms and passed them to Drew.

The shorter dark hair girl grinned while indicating the adorable brunette behind her as she clasped her hands together and swiftly turned to the girl behind her and greeted delightedly, "Hi Giselle, that's not a surprise that everyone knows you're the first day on duty since we got an email from HR."

Amy walked closer and stretched her hand at Giselle with a welcoming smile, "Amy, I'm from the finance department. We're gonna be a good team." Amy played a wink at the newbie and glanced at Drew.

The brunette seemed pleased to see another nice person in this place, she gladly stood up and handshakes the nice girl, "It's my pleasure to meet you, Amy."

"The pleasure is all mine," Amy's smile grew wider and her dark brown eyes shifted to Drew again who was looking at them in dumbfound.

"Anyway, I wanna ask you for a lunch date, Drew. I miss our girls' talk," Amy said genuinely with a small smile as she turned to Giselle and beamed, "Wanna join us, Giselle? The more girls the merrier, and it's so much fun to talk to Drew."

At this moment, Drew could feel her face heat and she wish the floor would swallow her down deep inside.

"Of course!" Giselle agreed happily and Amy was getting thrilled and said, "I really like you, Giselle. Let's have a girls' talk on Friday at lunchtime. What do you girls think?"

"Friday it is," Giselle responded without any hesitation.

"That's great! I'll see both of you at Maple," Amy decided.

Nothing Drew could do but absently nodded her head because she knew better that it would be a bad idea to decline the two hyper cuties. She didn't think she would get risk seeing those pairs of puppy eyes from them.

Giselle was happily double thumbs up at Amy as the shorter girl happily waved at them and said in a small voice only for the trio that she had to leave.

Drew exhaled softly with slumped her shoulders after her ex-crush had left. She knew she deserved it since like a girl is not a life she should live, she should know Amy never shared the same page as her, and she obviously treated her as a trustworthy friend.

"Amy is a nice girl," Giselle smiled.

"Yes, she is," Drew agreed as she eventually put a small smile on her face after a train of silly thoughts and quickly resume her work.

5.30 pm sharp, the chatters echoing the room, and most of the ladies happily packed up and took their belonging. They were engaged in their home stories, and gossip while swiping their staff card at the access machine and leaving the office.

The silence immediately filled up the room within 5 minutes, and most of them would never stay up late to work since the company encouraged efficient work and no overtime allowance.

Except for Drew, she would occasionally stay up late a little on Monday to catch up on her work, and she would bring it home if she thought she need to. 

Drew stretched her hands over her head after long hours of seating, looking at the adorable brunette across her who was fully occupied in her work. The LCD screen illuminates Giselle's light brown eyes, the lashes on the hood of her eyes were still nicely displayed, and her lips are even poutier in concentration.

Drew couldn't help but smile at the adorable face, she didn't want to scare the poor brunette again so she took her intercom and made a call instead. The intercom across effectively rang up and Giselle jumped a little as she quickly picked up the phone with a bright smile on her cute face, "Good evening, Giselle speaking."

It was a nice voice to hear in the evening after a long day, Drew played around, "Good day, Miss Tang. I'm truly impressed with your effort to stay up late." Drew laughed a little when she saw the brunette across her gasp with her big round eyes look at her senior, found out she had fooled, and joined the laughter.

"What about you, Drew? Are you staying up late today?" Giselle asked as her sweet smile lingered on her face and her light brown eyes were still gazing at her senior.

"I will go home after 7," Drew replied and her dark brown eyes lingered on the adorable brunette and added, "Don't stay up late, your work could always leave it tomorrow since here have no OT allowance for us."

"That's okay. Let me know when you're leaving because I wanna study the things you have shared," Giselle said with her head tilted a little and waited for Drew's response expectedly.

"Alright, see ya," Drew smiled at the brunette and Giselle flash a cute grin and said, "Bye, Drew." With that, they ended the call together and continue their work.

Another hour had passed, Drew didn't like to keep her newbie late for her first day duty. She decided off earlier, packed her stuff, slipped her laptop and a few files into her laptop bag, and put it next to her handbag on her desk.

The brunette had one earphone tucked in one of her tiny ears, humming and seemed like jotting something on her spiral notebook. Drew called Giselle with an intercom again and the cutie whipped up her head and looked at her senior before picking up her phone with a gasp, "Oh my! Are you leaving?"

"Yea, I have enough for today. I'll leave it for tomorrow. Take your time, okay?" Drew said softly and smiled at the cutie.

"O-Okay! I will be quick!" Giselle squeaked a little as she swiftly ended the call and moved her hands, seemed like trying to compromise them with her mind.

In a split second, her hands and mind seemed connected, hurriedly switched off her PC and started grouping her things on the desk together before turning back and fumbling around.

"Slow down, Giselle," Drew chuckled as she stood up and walked toward her junior's cubicle. Giselle seemed to mark her word and she just turned back to take her notebook and threw it into her handbag as she stood up with light exhale, "All done! I'm ready to go."

The pair were sharing a comfortable silence in the lift, Drew was at the left side while Giselle was at the right side. The taller girl was looking at their reflection of them in the lift, they were close to each other and she finally could see the difference in their height and shape. 

Drew's had bigger bones if compare to Giselle's petite body. The brunette's height was at Drew's ears which were just right for the taller girl. In the meantime, she was distracted when she felt something soft grazing the back of her hand.

The taller girl looked into the reflection and found out the back of their hands were close and barely touched, but could feel the present. Drew still remembered the hand was soft and nice but it was just for a while. She wondered how would the hand be sweaty since she easily gets nervous.

Drew unconsciously snorted a little and she knew it was a little too late for her to take back her silly snort since the adorable brunette next to her started giggling, "I have no idea what's so funny, but your laughter is cute."

The dark-haired girl's face flushed in embarrassment as she murmured, "I know, it sounds like a pig."

The brunette giggled louder, "Amy was right, you're a fun girl."

Drew remained still because of embarrassment as the brunette gently patted her senior shoulder and said sheepishly, "I guess I'm really a bad junior for laughing at my senior on my first day of duty. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, you can laugh," Drew murmured with her face still in beetroot color as she quickly press the open button and let her junior get out of the lift before her.

"Bye, Drew," Giselle smiled at her senior with a small wave.

"Bye, and safe drive," Drew smiled in return.

"You too!" the cutie chimed in.

The pair took a few more steps to claim their car since they parked in the same area, the ladies' parking space. Drew got in her black Vios Toyota, and Giselle got in her white Honda City. The pair eventually off to their home accordingly.

~~~

A/N: I'm supposed to post this on Christmas Eve, but I have lost my patience and I would post this today instead. I'm not in a good mood and I just wanna share some adorable chapters to make me smile instead. Meanwhile, I'm drafting an even more adorable chapter for healing my mood. My only wish for Christmas is granted what I really want!

Sorry for venting.

Have fun reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
11.2K 475 66
I panickedly walked down the now empty hallway I heard some footsteps behind me I turned around to see the idiot who was NOT my GIRLFRIEND. "Don't f...
128K 4.7K 29
It's not impossible to love a broken soul. But it takes a lot of time and patience. Inspired by : *. Take Me Home - Jess Glynne Alex is not your ordi...
3.3M 87.9K 121
Ellie has been not-quite-flirting with her housemate’s friend Mia, and not really thinking too much about it, until one day Mia offers to follow thro...